HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who will make it to the Sharks first?

View Poll Results: Who do you think will make it to the Sharks first?
Tomas Hertl 34 89.47%
Christophe Lalancette 0 0%
Not sure 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Squeeven

vCash: 500
Who will make it to the Sharks first?

I'm Just curious who you guys think will make it to the Sharks first. When we talk about prospects I always see Hertl's name come up as our top prospect but I haven't heard much about Christophe Lalancette. Maybe I just don't look at the prospects threads enough but I rarely see his name come up and I'm not sure why, his numbers look pretty good in the QMJHL. So I'm just wondering who you guys think will make it to the Sharks first between Tomas Hertl and Christophe Lalancette. Maybe one of them needs more time than the other, I'm not really sure. How long before they at least make it to Worcester do you guys think? I personally think Hertl will make it first but Lalancette is right behind him. Maybe I'm wrong but to be honest I'm kinda going off what I hear and the numbers I see. Also this isn't really a question of who you think is better, but just more of a question of how they're doing in their respective leagues and how far along they are in development and what not.

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Kitten Mittons

Lol Christophe Lalancette is not even close to making the NHL.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:09 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
55 points in 62 games in the Q after his draft year is not good.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:16 PM
sr228

First - Hertl is the better prospect, by a lot.
Second - Lalancette will be playing in the Q for at least another season as he doesn't even turn 19 until next month.

Hertl has the tools to become a very good top 6 forward. High end puck & possession skills, high end hockey IQ to go along with very good vision, a good shot, he's also a capable 2 way player.

I don't really recommend looking at counting stats when it comes to the QMJHL. It's a pretty different league in comparison to the OHL and WHL. Lalancette has a good skillset, he's good at everything (offense, two way play, hockey IQ, skating, leadership). If he's going to make it to the NHL, it's at least a couple years away.

So I guess to answer your question, Hertl will be on the faster path to the NHL.

sr228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:18 PM
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
I'm Just curious who you guys think will make it to the Sharks first. When we talk about prospects I always see Hertl's name come up as our top prospect but I haven't heard much about Christophe Lalancette. Maybe I just don't look at the prospects threads enough but I rarely see his name come up and I'm not sure why, his numbers look pretty good in the QMJHL. So I'm just wondering who you guys think will make it to the Sharks first between Tomas Hertl and Christophe Lalancette. Maybe one of them needs more time than the other, I'm not really sure. How long before they at least make it to Worcester do you guys think? I personally think Hertl will make it first but Lalancette is right behind him. Maybe I'm wrong but to be honest I'm kinda going off what I hear and the numbers I see. Also this isn't really a question of who you think is better, but just more of a question of how they're doing in their respective leagues and how far along they are in development and what not.
The bolded is why. The QMJHL is not nearly the league that Hertl is playing in. There are players who put up 100something points. I like Lalancette some, but there are many Sharks who have higher ceilings and are further along, including Hertl. Coyle, who was in the QMJHL, put up 38 pts in 23 gms, and is way bigger. Lalancette is average size, and put up less than a ppg.

Hertl is 6 months older and putting up numbers while playing against seasoned professionals. I'm sure Hertl will make it to the NHL unles some type of injury/contract issue occurs. Lalancette needs a lot to go right if he ever will be a Shark.

SnarkAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:20 PM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

I read that Lalancette was concussed earlier in the season so that might explain a bit about those numbers

hohosaregood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Squeeven

Thanks Stalockrox and Snarkattack, I guess that answers my question. Probably should have made it an inquiry thread rather than a poll.

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
First - Hertl is the better prospect, by a lot.
Second - Lalancette will be playing in the Q for at least another season as he doesn't even turn 19 until next month.

Hertl has the tools to become a very good top 6 forward. High end puck & possession skills, high end hockey IQ to go along with very good vision, a good shot, he's also a capable 2 way player.

I don't really recommend looking at counting stats when it comes to the QMJHL. It's a pretty different league in comparison to the OHL and WHL. Lalancette has a good skillset, he's good at everything (offense, two way play, hockey IQ, skating, leadership). If he's going to make it to the NHL, it's at least a couple years away.

So I guess to answer your question, Hertl will be on the faster path to the NHL.
Plus Hertl has all those "intangible" qualities as well. Hes a physical player and battles for his ice. Hertl may not be a gamebreaker but there is a lot to like about his game going forward.

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Oppa
#

Better question is who will make it to SJ first out of Nieto, Hertl and Stalock, though that might be an obvious one also.

Oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 05:28 PM
VP and GM
Ack! Thbbft!

Thomas as he's the better prospect as others have stated.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 07:34 PM
MarleauApologist
#FireDougWilson

Pretty sure if Hertl was in the Q, he would be dominating, but I prefer that he plays with grown men and not 15-20 year olds.

He might make the NHL next year.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:46 PM
rangerssharks414

I never even heard of the other guy before. I've heard of Hertl, so I went with him.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 11:32 PM
VP and GM
Ack! Thbbft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
He might make the NHL next year.
yea, he appears to be the closest forward prospect at this time. The prospects with the W sharks, etc. appear to be a little farther away at this time.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:42 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Tomas Hertl AINEC

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 12:50 AM
Negatively Positive
Stop Lying!

Hertl will be a perennial 100 pt player and will make Kopitar and Getzlaf demand a trade out of the division so they don't get owned by him anymore.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
Hertl will be a perennial 100 pt player and will make Kopitar and Getzlaf demand a trade out of the division so they don't get owned by him anymore.
Jumbo Joe Lite

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:21 AM
sr228

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and GM View Post
yea, he appears to be the closest forward prospect at this time. The prospects with the W sharks, etc. appear to be a little farther away at this time.
I don't know that I completely agree with this. Which prospect makes the jump first is entirely dependent on what direction DW decides to go in the offseason.

If DW hangs onto a majority of the current roster and continues his 'refresh/retool' there are a few forwards in Worcester who are better suited for the 3rd/4th line wing.

sr228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:09 AM
VP and GM
Ack! Thbbft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
I don't know that I completely agree with this. Which prospect makes the jump first is entirely dependent on what direction DW decides to go in the offseason.

If DW hangs onto a majority of the current roster and continues his 'refresh/retool' there are a few forwards in Worcester who are better suited for the 3rd/4th line wing.
I agree that it depends on the off season moves. It's also at this time, read as as of today. We'll see what happens in the off season and how players develop between now and next season and what new prospects / players we'll have.

Many of the w Sharks forwards could pay a game or so in the NHL, I mean contribute as a legit NHL player also.

Old
04-15-2013, 12:48 PM
sjshark91

Hah, none.

Doug Will trade all our prospects

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:08 PM
MarleauApologist
#FireDougWilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
You spelled Crosby wrong, and he doesn't even play in our division

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote