HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton, Phoenix, Pittsburgh

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-08-2012, 02:54 AM
  #76
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
To the last 3 posters: Three individuals, point missed three times. So here it is, again:

It is not uncommon or unthinkable to give up the only proven player in a deal and still win the trade in the long run.

Sure there's risk involved but it works both ways. Player could bust, team A loses. Player could turn into a superstar, team A wins bigtime. Not all NHL gms are as risk averse as you all imply, and Yakupov is certainly a very valuable asset despite never having played in the NHL. I'm positive gms would agree on that point at least.
Listen, you aren't going to change our minds that it would be a good idea to trade our perfectly talented and proven defensman, Yandle, for your perfectly hyped and potential ridden prospect, Yakupov. If we absolutely needed to trade Yandle, this deal would make a lot more sense. Until then, go find someone else in desperate need of a player like Yakupov, maybe you'll get different responses from them.


Last edited by slocal: 11-08-2012 at 06:01 AM. Reason: enough flaming
Rabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:55 AM
  #77
CSimpson18
Registered User
 
CSimpson18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent By Design View Post
What incentive does Phoenix have to do this? You're blind if you cannot see this.
Yakupov? (Arguably) the single best offensive prospect in the world? That seems like a pretty strong incentive for a low scoring team with a strong blue line and dman prospect pool.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:02 AM
  #78
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Yakupov? (Arguably) the single best offensive prospect in the world? That seems like a pretty strong incentive for a low scoring team with a strong blue line and dman prospect pool.
Dude, Yakupov may turn into a great player, may be the next Wayne Gretzky for all we know, but right here, right now, to call him the arugued best offensive prospect in the WORLD is a tad steep. If he is arguably the best offensive prospect in the world, then there is NO WAY IN HELL Edmonton or any of their fans even consider trading him. There have been MANY first overall picks before him, and not every one of them have been considered the argued "best offensive prospect in the world."


Last edited by slocal: 11-08-2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: enough flaming.
Rabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:16 AM
  #79
CSimpson18
Registered User
 
CSimpson18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Listen, you aren't going to change our minds that it would be a good idea to trade our perfectly talented and proven defensman, Yandle, for your perfectly hyped and potential ridden prospect, Yakupov. If we absolutely needed to trade Yandle, this deal would make a lot more sense. Until then, go find someone else in desperate need of a player like Yakupov, maybe you'll get different responses from them.
I wouldn't trade Yakupov for Yandle in a million years. I'm only here to dispel this myth that Yak's value is less than, for instance, Yandle because he's too young to have played in the NHL.


Last edited by slocal: 11-08-2012 at 06:00 AM. Reason: enough flaming
CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:31 AM
  #80
YotesFan47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, Arizona USA
Country: United States
Posts: 585
vCash: 500
You all seem to be forgetting the whole reason Pittsburgh was brought into this proposal. Sutter! For everyone who keeps saying "well why is pittsburgh even in this?" its because of Sutter and his role as hanzal's replacement. I'm a huge Yandle and Hanzal fan but I also want to see the coyotes win the cup. Do you honestly believe we can do that with our current roster? I think we are good but not stanley cup winners good. What about the guys knocking on the door to get onto our blue line with great talent? Eventually someone will have to go and I can't see it being OEL. If we can get that extra scoring from guys like yuk and gags, bring in someone like Sutter, and have one of our many dman step into yandle's shoes then I think we can win the cup. We won't win it next year, and even with the trade we may still not but I think a nice mix of offensive talent and defensive tactics we could be. Yes, Hanzal and Yandle are important but you have to give to get. We have no one that looks to bring the talent level of yak in our system, we have 2 guys who could be as good or better than Yandle. The last thing to put us right where w e need to be is a Hanzal like player for our 3rd line. Yak may never break 40 goals in a season but if he puts up 25-25-50 and we get another 50 points from gags and a strong player like Sutter for our 3rd line that can add some extra scoring then I can't see how we don't improve.

There is only one goal in hockey, win the Stanley cup. I don't believe this team as it stands has what it takes. We are a good team, a playoff team, and a team that had some luck this last season but not a Stanley cup winning team. We have done a great job rebuilding but let's be realistic.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:05 AM
  #81
ManByng
Moroz fan
 
ManByng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,518
vCash: 500
^that concept seems to be lost on some...the first thing most of us posters do when a proposal is made is get defensive of our players on our teams, say they are too valuable to trade for anything less than a massive overpayment or you simply can't have them, they aren't available. not a great way to try to improve a team to the point of winning a cup! dealing one of your good d-men for a forward who would likely score like Yak for example, is dealing from a position of strength. i'm glad someone here recongnizes the fact that the Yotes won't win a cup with the current roster and will need to make changes.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:11 AM
  #82
Violent By Design
Registered User
 
Violent By Design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Yakupov? (Arguably) the single best offensive prospect in the world? That seems like a pretty strong incentive for a low scoring team with a strong blue line and dman prospect pool.
Like I said before, you don't take a risk when trading a #1 defenseman, I don't see what is so hard to understand about that. If Edmonton wants Yandle or OEL, Phoenix would ask for Hall/RNH/Eberle as a base.

Also, I'm pretty sure Phoenix, who just won their division with their current line up and runs a very strong defensive system, would prefer to keep their top pairing studs over a shiny goal scoring winger.

I'm not saying Yakupov doesn't hold value, you're just not going to get a team to give up a vital piece of their core to get him. Now hypothetically, if OEL wasn't going to re-sign in Phoenix it would be a different story. OEL for Yakupov would be a very good trade for both teams, but Phoenix has no need to take the risk as is.

Violent By Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:29 AM
  #83
ManByng
Moroz fan
 
ManByng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,518
vCash: 500
^didn't the Yotes just lose their top scorer in Ray Whitney? who will they replace him with exactly? and they didn't win a cup with him, do you think they will win one without him? what i am suggesting is that with OEL leading the way, you could trade Yandle for a scorer and not skip a beat.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:40 AM
  #84
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
^didn't the Yotes just lose their top scorer in Ray Whitney? who will they replace him with exactly? and they didn't win a cup with him, do you think they will win one without him? what i am suggesting is that with OEL leading the way, you could trade Yandle for a scorer and not skip a beat.
No, we most certainly could not trade Yandle for a scorer and "not skip a beat". Whitney is supposed to be replaced both by committee and by bolstering unrelated areas. Whitney's points are to be made up, in large part(at least we hope) by adding Steve Sullivan, having a full season of Vermette, the continued progression of Mikkel Boedker, a bounce back year by Yandle offensively, and the addition of a center yet to be acquired. However, we also hope that the addition of Michalek is going to be a huge benefit. Same goes for the progression of OEL. Theoretically, we should allow fewer goals, which means we wont need to score quite as many some nights to walk away with points.

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:42 AM
  #85
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
You all seem to be forgetting the whole reason Pittsburgh was brought into this proposal. Sutter! For everyone who keeps saying "well why is pittsburgh even in this?" its because of Sutter and his role as hanzal's replacement. I'm a huge Yandle and Hanzal fan but I also want to see the coyotes win the cup. Do you honestly believe we can do that with our current roster? I think we are good but not stanley cup winners good. What about the guys knocking on the door to get onto our blue line with great talent? Eventually someone will have to go and I can't see it being OEL. If we can get that extra scoring from guys like yuk and gags, bring in someone like Sutter, and have one of our many dman step into yandle's shoes then I think we can win the cup. We won't win it next year, and even with the trade we may still not but I think a nice mix of offensive talent and defensive tactics we could be. Yes, Hanzal and Yandle are important but you have to give to get. We have no one that looks to bring the talent level of yak in our system, we have 2 guys who could be as good or better than Yandle. The last thing to put us right where w e need to be is a Hanzal like player for our 3rd line. Yak may never break 40 goals in a season but if he puts up 25-25-50 and we get another 50 points from gags and a strong player like Sutter for our 3rd line that can add some extra scoring then I can't see how we don't improve.

There is only one goal in hockey, win the Stanley cup. I don't believe this team as it stands has what it takes. We are a good team, a playoff team, and a team that had some luck this last season but not a Stanley cup winning team. We have done a great job rebuilding but let's be realistic.
You are way ahead of yourself. Of course the current group isn't ready. Youve got to crawl before you walk. Besides, there is no way the Coyotes are winning a cup before resolving off ice issues, anyway.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:45 AM
  #86
Violent By Design
Registered User
 
Violent By Design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
^didn't the Yotes just lose their top scorer in Ray Whitney? who will they replace him with exactly? and they didn't win a cup with him, do you think they will win one without him? what i am suggesting is that with OEL leading the way, you could trade Yandle for a scorer and not skip a beat.
You don't just trade a top pairing defenseman and not miss a beat

Phoenix would look to deal the likes of picks/prospects to add to their wings, not their top defensemen. And to the point I made before, even if they were open to trading Yandle, it will be for an established NHLer like Eberle, not Yakupov.

Violent By Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:05 AM
  #87
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Dude, Yakupov may turn into a great player, may be the next Wayne Gretzky for all we know, but right here, right now, to call him the arugued best offensive prospect in the WORLD is a tad steep. If he is arguably the best offensive prospect in the world, then there is NO WAY IN HELL Edmonton or any of their fans even consider trading him. There have been MANY first overall picks before him, and not every one of them have been considered the argued "best offensive prospect in the world."
Because most of them were. And yes, right now, Yakupov is the best offensive prospect in the world. Maybe behind MacKinnon, who's a year behind (and Mark Jankowski apparently), but make no mistake, Nail Yakupov, right now, is the best offensive prospect in the world. That's exactly why he was chosen first overall.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:09 AM
  #88
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent By Design View Post
You don't just trade a top pairing defenseman and not miss a beat

Phoenix would look to deal the likes of picks/prospects to add to their wings, not their top defensemen. And to the point I made before, even if they were open to trading Yandle, it will be for an established NHLer like Eberle, not Yakupov.
Eberle's cost more than Keith Yandle, that`s why the discussion isn`t centered around him. Nice try though. I still don`t see what the Phoenix fans don`t get here. Check all the scouting reports. Watch the way Yakupov plays the game (both in junior last year, and in Russia this year). The guy won`t bust. Simple as that. Grasping at straws like `Yakupov might bust`is like those Crosby haters who thought he was going to bust...and got shown very quickly why they were wrong. There is a better chance that Yakupov scores 50 goals in his rookie year than him busting.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:11 AM
  #89
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
No, we most certainly could not trade Yandle for a scorer and "not skip a beat". Whitney is supposed to be replaced both by committee and by bolstering unrelated areas. Whitney's points are to be made up, in large part(at least we hope) by adding Steve Sullivan, having a full season of Vermette, the continued progression of Mikkel Boedker, a bounce back year by Yandle offensively, and the addition of a center yet to be acquired. However, we also hope that the addition of Michalek is going to be a huge benefit. Same goes for the progression of OEL. Theoretically, we should allow fewer goals, which means we wont need to score quite as many some nights to walk away with points.
Great theory, but you aren`t going to pick up that many additional points with a past his prime Steve Sullivan and relying on injury free seasons and bouncebacks. And hoping for a lot fewer goals when your team already let in few last year doesn`t seem to make much sense to me. Teams typically trade from a position of strength to bolster weaknesses. Not cover up weaknesses by adding more to their strengths.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:14 AM
  #90
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Great theory, but you aren`t going to pick up that many additional points with a past his prime Steve Sullivan and relying on injury free seasons and bouncebacks. And hoping for a lot fewer goals when your team already let in few last year doesn`t seem to make much sense to me. Teams typically trade from a position of strength to bolster weaknesses. Not cover up weaknesses by adding more to their strengths.
Typical kind of flies out the window with the Phoenix Coyotes, does it not? You can **** an eyebrow as you scan our depth chart all you want. Every off-season is the same. Everybody assumes Phoenix will be a lottery team. Every year they end up in the playoffs instead. Don Maloney is really good at identifying bargain bin players that will work well for Tippett, who is really good at getting the most out of scraps. They'll find a way to make it work. Tippett has missed the playoffs as an NHL head coach a grand total of one time. This season may be the 2nd, but I'd say it's just as likely it's not.

It won't be easy to replace Whitney's points. We probably won't. That said, Phoenix was the ONLY team willing to give Whitney a two year deal the last time he was UFA. He was over the hill, and all washed up. Good luck with that old goat, they said. Steve Sullivan is the same age now as Whitney was then. Who knows what can happen? These things you cannot predict.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:17 AM
  #91
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,212
vCash: 500
Y'all are way too hard headed. I'm done.

Rabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:48 AM
  #92
Violent By Design
Registered User
 
Violent By Design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Eberle's cost more than Keith Yandle, that`s why the discussion isn`t centered around him. Nice try though. I still don`t see what the Phoenix fans don`t get here. Check all the scouting reports. Watch the way Yakupov plays the game (both in junior last year, and in Russia this year). The guy won`t bust. Simple as that. Grasping at straws like `Yakupov might bust`is like those Crosby haters who thought he was going to bust...and got shown very quickly why they were wrong. There is a better chance that Yakupov scores 50 goals in his rookie year than him busting.
Did you really just compare Yakupov to Crosby?

Also in regards to Eberle, top 20 defenseman > top 20 forward.

If you're so sure Yakupov is the greatest thing since sliced bread, why not keep him and trade another piece for a top pairing defenseman?

Violent By Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 01:38 PM
  #93
Pelican Peach Pen
BTR-ATL Pen
 
Pelican Peach Pen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: LA & GA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,646
vCash: 500
All this is nice and all, but you're not getting Sutter out of Pittsburgh for any of that. That role that you want him to serve is the same freaking reason we wouldn't make the trade with Carolina UNLESS HE was in it and Hemsky not much Phoenix has or is willing to give up in going to make Shero move a muscle.

Pelican Peach Pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:43 PM
  #94
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican Peach Pen View Post
All this is nice and all, but you're not getting Sutter out of Pittsburgh for any of that. That role that you want him to serve is the same freaking reason we wouldn't make the trade with Carolina UNLESS HE was in it and Hemsky not much Phoenix has or is willing to give up in going to make Shero move a muscle.
Exactly.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 11:25 AM
  #95
Anderson55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Imagine how many more points Crosby would have if he had a talented winger. A team with the two best offensive talents in the league centreing its top 2 lines was bounced in the first round playing fire wagon hockey against the Flyers. There is something very wrong with that.

I wouldn't move Sutter but I would be looking to move some of those defensive prospects for help on Sid's wing.
They were bounced because once sid came back they decided they would try to outscore everyone for some reason. They won a stanley cup with 3 balanced lines. I know a talent with sid will make him better but not at the cost of become a 2 line team. Its about winning cups not winning scoring titles.

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 01:13 PM
  #96
Frank Gallagher
"Alcohol is a gift"
 
Frank Gallagher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: STM, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Jeez... Edmonton fans being fanboys much? Nail Yakupov is a talented player with a strong skillset that will probably translate well to the NHL seeing him become a pretty prolific scorer, but still, he's not worth gutting a team (removing two or more key pieces, such as Hanzal and Yandle) to acquire. It's why you will never agree with what anyone posts about acquiring him, and it's half the reason why no one will agree with you on his value. The other half is the fact, see FACT, that he has yet to play one game at the NHL level against top-tier NHL talent. Playing against kids in juniors, and lesser talent in the KHL is not at all comparable to playing against the best the NHL has to offer, and he simply hasn't been battle-tested against that kind of competition yet, so I can understand the hesitation of other fans to offer a great deal up for him. I mean, yes, he's valuable, but you will never see market value for him until the point where he has proven his value against the type of competition he'll be consistently facing. See?

Frank Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 01:25 PM
  #97
MessierII
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
Jeez... Edmonton fans being fanboys much? Nail Yakupov is a talented player with a strong skillset that will probably translate well to the NHL seeing him become a pretty prolific scorer, but still, he's not worth gutting a team (removing two or more key pieces, such as Hanzal and Yandle) to acquire. It's why you will never agree with what anyone posts about acquiring him, and it's half the reason why no one will agree with you on his value. The other half is the fact, see FACT, that he has yet to play one game at the NHL level against top-tier NHL talent. Playing against kids in juniors, and lesser talent in the KHL is not at all comparable to playing against the best the NHL has to offer, and he simply hasn't been battle-tested against that kind of competition yet, so I can understand the hesitation of other fans to offer a great deal up for him. I mean, yes, he's valuable, but you will never see market value for him until the point where he has proven his value against the type of competition he'll be consistently facing. See?
That's why we'd never ever trade him except for a massive overpayment so what is your point?

Trading 3 top 6 forwards one with elite potential is not worth a decent top pairing guy with 0 grit a good 3rd line center and a decent prospect sorry bud.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 02:49 PM
  #98
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Burkupine
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 41,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
You all seem to be forgetting the whole reason Pittsburgh was brought into this proposal. Sutter! For everyone who keeps saying "well why is pittsburgh even in this?" its because of Sutter and his role as hanzal's replacement. I'm a huge Yandle and Hanzal fan but I also want to see the coyotes win the cup. Do you honestly believe we can do that with our current roster? I think we are good but not stanley cup winners good. What about the guys knocking on the door to get onto our blue line with great talent? Eventually someone will have to go and I can't see it being OEL. If we can get that extra scoring from guys like yuk and gags, bring in someone like Sutter, and have one of our many dman step into yandle's shoes then I think we can win the cup. We won't win it next year, and even with the trade we may still not but I think a nice mix of offensive talent and defensive tactics we could be. Yes, Hanzal and Yandle are important but you have to give to get. We have no one that looks to bring the talent level of yak in our system, we have 2 guys who could be as good or better than Yandle. The last thing to put us right where w e need to be is a Hanzal like player for our 3rd line. Yak may never break 40 goals in a season but if he puts up 25-25-50 and we get another 50 points from gags and a strong player like Sutter for our 3rd line that can add some extra scoring then I can't see how we don't improve.

There is only one goal in hockey, win the Stanley cup. I don't believe this team as it stands has what it takes. We are a good team, a playoff team, and a team that had some luck this last season but not a Stanley cup winning team. We have done a great job rebuilding but let's be realistic.
It's not forgotten, just ignored. Because this deal makes absolutely no sense for Pittsburgh.

Shero traded for Sutter because he wanted a big young shutdown center who could replace a good portion of what Staal brought and keep the 3 center model intact. They're not dealing him for a fragile Hemsky and some scraps.

He's a core piece moving forward. This proposal was DOA for the Pens.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 02:53 PM
  #99
cobra427
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
That's why we'd never ever trade him except for a massive overpayment so what is your point?

Trading 3 top 6 forwards one with elite potential is not worth a decent top pairing guy with 0 grit a good 3rd line center and a decent prospect sorry bud.
Why expect a massive overpayment for anyone? Do GM's say, well I have to way over pay to get anyone? I think the point was, Phoenix, WCF, won't trade a top line D, Yandle, and their most valuable forward, for a rookie. It just is not fair value today. OEL, as an example, was not worth what he is today, a year ago. OEL has done it at the NHL level, which is why his value is sky high after one full year, and his playoff performance. If, and this is still an if, Yak has a great rookie year, his value will sky rocket, but not as much as OEL, or a center. Wingers are easier to come by....

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 05:13 PM
  #100
MessierII
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra427 View Post
Why expect a massive overpayment for anyone? Do GM's say, well I have to way over pay to get anyone? I think the point was, Phoenix, WCF, won't trade a top line D, Yandle, and their most valuable forward, for a rookie. It just is not fair value today. OEL, as an example, was not worth what he is today, a year ago. OEL has done it at the NHL level, which is why his value is sky high after one full year, and his playoff performance. If, and this is still an if, Yak has a great rookie year, his value will sky rocket, but not as much as OEL, or a center. Wingers are easier to come by....
You can't put value on Yakupovs potential. He has no ceiling at this point.

1st overall picks almost never get traded for a reason.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.