HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton, Phoenix, Pittsburgh

Old
11-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Steve Holt
Embrace the hate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
It's not forgotten, just ignored. Because this deal makes absolutely no sense for Pittsburgh.

Shero traded for Sutter because he wanted a big young shutdown center who could replace a good portion of what Staal brought and keep the 3 center model intact. They're not dealing him for a fragile Hemsky and some scraps.

He's a core piece moving forward. This proposal was DOA for the Pens.
Not just this proposal, but others...

I think the Pens winger situation gets exaggerated. The Pens aren't that desperate for a winger that Sutter will get traded, at least not for Hemsky. Meeting a need doesn't mean being stupid in the process.

Steve Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Frank Gallagher
"Alcohol is a gift"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
You can't put value on Yakupovs potential. He has no ceiling at this point.

1st overall picks almost never get traded for a reason.
And the fact that they HAVEN'T played a game in the NHL makes them the most valuable players? That is some mighty backwards logic there pal.

Frank Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 03:08 AM
billybudd

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
You all seem to be forgetting the whole reason Pittsburgh was brought into this proposal. Sutter! For everyone who keeps saying "well why is pittsburgh even in this?" its because of Sutter and his role as hanzal's replacement. I'm a huge Yandle and Hanzal fan but I also want to see the coyotes win the cup. Do you honestly believe we can do that with our current roster? I think we are good but not stanley cup winners good. What about the guys knocking on the door to get onto our blue line with great talent? Eventually someone will have to go and I can't see it being OEL. If we can get that extra scoring from guys like yuk and gags, bring in someone like Sutter, and have one of our many dman step into yandle's shoes then I think we can win the cup. We won't win it next year, and even with the trade we may still not but I think a nice mix of offensive talent and defensive tactics we could be. Yes, Hanzal and Yandle are important but you have to give to get. We have no one that looks to bring the talent level of yak in our system, we have 2 guys who could be as good or better than Yandle. The last thing to put us right where w e need to be is a Hanzal like player for our 3rd line. Yak may never break 40 goals in a season but if he puts up 25-25-50 and we get another 50 points from gags and a strong player like Sutter for our 3rd line that can add some extra scoring then I can't see how we don't improve.

There is only one goal in hockey, win the Stanley cup. I don't believe this team as it stands has what it takes. We are a good team, a playoff team, and a team that had some luck this last season but not a Stanley cup winning team. We have done a great job rebuilding but let's be realistic.
Nowhere in this wall of text do you explain why Pittsburgh was brought into this proposal.

I'll ask this more bluntly: why is Pittsburgh trading Sutter for a fragile, more expensive, older wing who, last season, scored 7 less goals than the guy they're sending the other way and an nhl/ahl tweener D, when they already have 5 third pairing NHL D in the organization (not counting prospects)?

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 03:12 AM
billybudd

The more I look at this, the more I think it's laughably stupid all around. Phoenix gets three of the four best players in an 8 guy deal. Trades don't work like that.

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
The more I look at this, the more I think it's laughably stupid all around. Phoenix gets three of the four best players in an 8 guy deal. Trades don't work like that.
Hanzal and Yandle are better than Gagner and Sutter so your math is incorrect.

That said I agree, the proposal doesn't really work.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote