Notices

Im just amazed

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 03:41 PM
OLD51JOHN

vCash: 500
Im just amazed

How stupid I am ..I cant get it thru my head that the owners refuse to share their profits with employees..The other owners of major league teams share with employees.. The NFL cuts its cost by dumping players that fail to contribute to to the success of a team .The red sox were elated to get rid of some of the problems that it had...I heard on a talk show this morning that the players deserve more because the owners are making a profit in some markets.. If the players feel so used why dont they ask former players that now own teams toi give all their profits to them???

Old
12-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD51JOHN View Post
How stupid I am ..I cant get it thru my head that the owners refuse to share their profits with employees..The other owners of major league teams share with employees.. The NFL cuts its cost by dumping players that fail to contribute to to the success of a team .The red sox were elated to get rid of some of the problems that it had...I heard on a talk show this morning that the players deserve more because the owners are making a profit in some markets.. If the players feel so used why dont they ask former players that now own teams toi give all their profits to them???
The NHL actually gives 57% of it's revenues to players alone, not counting it's other employees. The NFL only gives 50% and the NBA only gives 49-51%. These are the same targets the NHL is now trying to achieve.

I think you may mean Revenue sharing though John, in which case the NHL is willing to bump it up to 200+ million which is on par or greater then the NBA's figure, and much much less then the NFL. Both have broadcasting contracts that absolutely dwarf the NHL's however, the NFL's being worth more total then the NHL actually brings in in revenue each year. If the NHL shared money similar to the NFL each team might break even or turn a small profit, yes, but how do you explain that to say Rogers/Bell who just paid over 1 billion for a majority share (not exclusive) in MLSE? As you also alluded to, the NFL doesn't have guaranteed contracts which really really helps each teams bottom line. NHL players would never ever go for that.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:26 AM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Players don't want profits here either....they want revenue. They made it clear they want nothing to do with the expenses.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:55 AM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Use the lockout thread.

Closed Thread