HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

McCabe is a Stone Cold Idiot

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHARF1940
Holy christ, every time i obviously fail to make a point in one thread, someone else takes it and makes it in another! This is very aggravating. This is the first part of "Two Questions"!
What ??

"every time i obviously fail to make a point in one thread"

Well if you are worried about your consecutive point streak coming to an end .. No danger here with this one of yours ..

Old
02-08-2005, 12:37 AM
myrocketsgotcracked

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStack
Like another poster said, it's not a direct quote. For all you guys know the questions were "would you accept a 1 million dollar hard cap?" and he said "no". Which becomes "McCabe says he won't accept a hardcap".

For any of you to believe that he said those things straight up (or recently) makes me wonder why people ever try to have intelligent debates on here. (not that there have been many as of late)
if it was a quote from another player, then maybe i'll have doubts about it. but the fact that it came from mccabe? lets just say its very believable. unless you can prove otherwise, why not join this debate and bump up the intelligent level here?

Old
02-08-2005, 03:33 AM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 4850
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorb58
If these players cant live off what they make then they deserve to get a real job. I will be lucky to make 1 million in all my work career
WOW!!!!!!!
Either you need a really big raise or you're planning on retiring mighty young.

Old
02-08-2005, 03:47 AM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover
WOW!!!!!!!
Either you need a really big raise or you're planning on retiring mighty young.
If you make $50,000/year, it would take you 20 years to have gross lifetime earnings hit $1M. Given that we all pay taxes, it would take longer than that to earn a lifetime million...and not everybody makes $50,000/year.

Old
02-08-2005, 08:01 AM
Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staze19
:lol
Is that what ya call "hockey" in his performance against the Flyers in Game 7 of last years playoffs ???????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
02-08-2005, 08:03 AM
Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Lunatic
The guy wasn't good enough to play third line defence for a European team. That's just pathetic. :lol
Ya how bad do you have to stink to not even play as the 6th defenceman in the eurotrash leagues

Old
02-08-2005, 08:13 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Jimmy Norton
Ya how bad do you have to stink to not even play as the 6th defenceman in the eurotrash leagues
Thats a nice way to prove to everyone how ignorant and zenophobic you are.

Old
02-08-2005, 08:26 AM
eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
Thats a nice way to prove to everyone how ignorant and zenophobic you are.
So enlighten us. He was cut from his team and Euro message boards said he was struggling as are many other NHL players in Europe where many players are not standing out like many thought they would. The defensive minded NHL on the smaller ice surface that allows interference is not the best training ground for Euro hockey played on a larger surface and interference is still called.

Remember how poorly McCabe played for the Leafs 2 years ago during the crackdown on interference and his canopener move. He was called continually and McCabe isn't half the player when he has to play by the rules.

Old
02-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Titanium

I'm guessing the "ignorance" comment was directed more at the "eurotrash" remark than at the "can't even play #6" remark! I was quite offended by the remark too!

And perhaps if most NHL players are struggling, then perhaps they are all over-reliant on lax refereeing, rather than being as good at hockey as everyone likes to think! Maybe the NHL isn't the premier league it seems to be! Then again, maybe it is! Maybe they're all just having trouble adjusting to the new style of play because it is radically different! There isn't enough evidence to judge, I suppose! Just a thought!

Old
02-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye
So enlighten us. He was cut from his team and Euro message boards said he was struggling as are many other NHL players in Europe where many players are not standing out like many thought they would. The defensive minded NHL on the smaller ice surface that allows interference is not the best training ground for Euro hockey played on a larger surface and interference is still called.

Remember how poorly McCabe played for the Leafs 2 years ago during the crackdown on interference and his canopener move. He was called continually and McCabe isn't half the player when he has to play by the rules.
I agree, McCabe sucks but you totally missed the point of my post.

Old
02-08-2005, 08:51 AM
WHARF1940

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
What ??

"every time i obviously fail to make a point in one thread"

Well if you are worried about your consecutive point streak coming to an end .. No danger here with this one of yours ..
My friend, I was simply saying that what you had written in your original post was what i was TRYING to say in a different thread on this board, that's all. I WAS AGREEING WITH YOU!!

Old
02-08-2005, 08:56 AM
Crazy Lunatic

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHARF1940
My friend, I was simply saying that what you had written in your original post was what i was TRYING to say in a different thread on this board, that's all. I WAS AGREEING WITH YOU!!
When are you going to start making movies again? I loved "Wharf on Golf", it was hillarious!

Old
02-08-2005, 09:09 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye

Yeah, he was only a second team all star last season.

Old
02-08-2005, 09:24 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK
Yeah, he was only a second team all star last season.
Thats only a popularity vote, Modano was also an all star when he was playing terrible.

Old
02-08-2005, 10:22 AM
OlliMackBjugStud
OlliMacBjugStrome

Quote:
Thats only a popularity vote, Modano was also an all star when he was playing terrible.
educate yourself before you comment.

only the starters are voted on by fans. the rest of the team is selected by the all star coach.

dr

Old
02-08-2005, 10:26 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
It was the end of the season all star team which wasn't voted on by fans.

Nice try.

Old
02-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR
educate yourself before you comment.

only the starters are voted on by fans. the rest of the team is selected by the all star coach.

dr
Everyone on here admitted he didnt deserve it, he got their on popularity. I dont think anyone can be gullible enough to think the fans vote doesnt affect the coaches picks.

Old
02-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK
It was the end of the season all star team which wasn't voted on by fans.

Nice try.
who was? Modano or McCabe?

Old
02-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye

Ya he is over-rated to say the least. He is one of these clowns who is stealing money from his employer...under performing and overpaid. His performance last year in the last playoof game vs the flyers is probably the biggest el stinko in NHL history !!! He just stunk the ** center right out from start to finish and if I was the Leaf GM he would be gone..trade him for a case of tape and a dozen sticks.

Last edited by Lil' Jimmy Norton*: 02-08-2005 at 11:05 AM.
Old
02-08-2005, 11:00 AM
RorschachWJK

Quote:
Yes you heard me correctly...EUROTRASH !!! If the hockey was soooooo GD good then we would be watching !!!! but were not...you know why because it STINKS !!!
its unwatchable ok chumpface !!!!!!!!!!!
What is your problem? Seek help, poor boy.

Old
02-08-2005, 11:05 AM
WrightOn

Quote:
Yes you heard me correctly...EUROTRASH !!! If the hockey was soooooo GD good then we would be watching !!!! but were not...you know why because it STINKS !!!
its unwatchable ok chumpface !!!!!!!!!!!
Isn't this a 10yo and over board?

How did this one sneak in?
-----

Bye bye!

Old
02-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
This thread is past the point of being salvaged. Move on....

Closed Thread