HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thread (V): Argos embarass Eskimos; Changes need to be made. Nichols seriously hurt.

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2012, 02:49 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Reed also insists that Joseph is a good QB. I expect Joseph will be back playing next season if Reed is the head coach. That's why I also think there is little chance the Jyles is here, because he and Joseph dislike each other and did not get along.
Neither guy really needs to be here. Neither proved that they can step up and do what kevin glenn was able to do in CGY.

Old
11-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Stoneman89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
News1130 Sports @News1130Sports
#Lions backup qb Mike Reilly has told gm Wally Buono he will test the free agent waters on Feb 15th 2013.

Target acquired I hope.
This is potentially excellent news for us. IF we do the right thing and pursue him, instead of being comfortable with the shyte we have (excepting Matt Nichols). Would like to see Reilly and Nichols go head to head and have something like we had in the past with Dunnigan/Allen or Allen/Ham. We'll still need to have a proper OC to let them perform though.

Old
11-21-2012, 04:16 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
This is potentially excellent news for us. IF we do the right thing and pursue him, instead of being comfortable with the shyte we have (excepting Matt Nichols). Would like to see Reilly and Nichols go head to head and have something like we had in the past with Dunnigan/Allen or Allen/Ham. We'll still need to have a proper OC to let them perform though.
Wasn't McPherson talked about wanting a chance this year? Given that it's an 8 team league I say good chance we could get one of the two. That is if that's who we want.

Old
11-21-2012, 05:16 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
News1130 Sports @News1130Sports
#Lions backup qb Mike Reilly has told gm Wally Buono he will test the free agent waters on Feb 15th 2013.
No surprise here. He's a good prospect and doesn't want to play behind Lulay forever and this is his excellent chance to get a starting job. I expect to see at camp: Nichols, Joseph, one or two of our neg-listed QBs and possibly one of the free agents (maybe Reilly or McPherson) who MAY sign. This is a small league so the opportunities for a guy like Reilly are very, very limited. I hope we go after him.

Old
11-21-2012, 05:27 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Quote:
No surprise here. He's a good prospect and doesn't want to play behind Lulay forever and this is his excellent chance to get a starting job. I expect to see at camp: Nichols, Joseph, one or two of our neg-listed QBs and possibly one of the free agents (maybe Reilly or McPherson) who MAY sign. This is a small league so the opportunities for a guy like Reilly are very, very limited. I hope we go after him.
If they bring Kavis or Joseph back Im done.

Go tell your sources that.

Old
11-21-2012, 05:34 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
If they bring Kavis or Joseph back Im done.

Go tell your sources that.
My speculation only, but I think Kavis will be here. It's probably better than 50-50 and, of course, depends on who the GM is and that's a total unknown (I think it will be Hervey or maybe a guy like Lemmerman). If Kavis is here, I fully expect Joseph will also be here. Kavis likes Joseph. If Kavis is not back, then I expect Joseph will not be here.

Is this all confusing?

Old
11-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Kyle McMahon

If Joseph is under center on July 1st next year, I'm finished with the organization. It's really depressing that there are no signs yet that Reed will be fired. I like going to games, like talking football with the people in my section, like having a few or more beers on a warm summer evening, so I don't want to cancel my season tickets. But it's getting extremely hard to still support this team.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:31 AM
AJGass4

What about Dave Dickinson for head coach? That would be interesting.

I'm done with Kavis. If true, his displeasure with the Ray fiasco, he should have refused to coach if he was traded. I find it hard to believe that he sat back and let this happen if he was so unhappy with it.

What a sad franchise at the moment.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:58 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGass4 View Post

I'm done with Kavis. If true, his displeasure with the Ray fiasco, he should have refused to coach if he was traded. I find it hard to believe that he sat back and let this happen if he was so unhappy with it.

Any chance of Campbell coming back or at the very least helping out?

Rhodes seems like the problem and I don't see him going anywhere, which whatever I could deal with if he were to actually hire someone decent to run the football side of things.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Gord
MoneyGuy is smarter

vCash: 550
Quote:
My speculation only, but I think Kavis will be here. It's probably better than 50-50 and, of course, depends on who the GM is and that's a total unknown (I think it will be Hervey or maybe a guy like Lemmerman). If Kavis is here, I fully expect Joseph will also be here. Kavis likes Joseph. If Kavis is not back, then I expect Joseph will not be here.

Is this all confusing?
just to be curious, what's your opinion on Kavis applying to be the GM. does he have a chance to get the job?

Old
11-22-2012, 03:18 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
just to be curious, what's your opinion on Kavis applying to be the GM. does he have a chance to get the job?
In my opinion, it would be a big mistake. I don't know if he has a shot. I hope not. However, unlike some here, I never abandon my team, no matter what.

Old
11-22-2012, 03:36 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGass4 View Post

So you think Kavis should have quit or gone on strike becaus he didn't like the Ray trade? He would have lost any and all respect from the football community if he did that. That's career suicide.

Old
11-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
In my opinion, it would be a big mistake. I don't know if he has a shot. I hope not. However, unlike some here, I never abandon my team, no matter what.
Well, I wouldn't say that about anyteam and league. The NHL continues to turn me off.

But I can't help but like a community owned local club in a Canadian league that has always offered up a part of Canadiana to me.

Plus I love afternoon or evening games at Commonwealth and especially in the summer and will still spend my days there, still probably be found venting and speaking in tongues at halftime, but supporting the club and league nonetheless.

This team and league I'll support until it, or me, are no longer.

Given the nationwide history, and heritage of the CFL and what it means to this nation it owes my lifelong commitment and support. As long as people from Jackie parker to Normie Kwong to Moon to Gizmo continued to believe in this product, emblem and what it means long past their day I will believe in it too. The CFL has earned that.

Conversely the NHL was always the league that had as little to do with Canada as possible except for taking our players, and cup, away, and housing the Canadian game in mostly american cities. A league that even after mending some of those wrongs had the audacity to take two Canadian clubs and move them to Don't care USA.

I owe no such allegiance to the NHL. I would have more allegiance to a restarted WHA brand that DID believe in Canadian markets coast to coast. Shame on the NHL for rarely getting that straight.

Old
11-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I'm not sure how Reilly testing free agency is some kind of revelation. Hell, they were talking about it all game when he beat the Eskimos a few weeks ago.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:35 PM
oilers4cup
No More Koolade

vCash: 50
J.C Sherritt Def player of the year

Old
11-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I was expecting to see the CFL blackball the Eskimos again so colour me surprised. I guess that they couldn't rationale voting against Sherritt's tackling record.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Expatriate

Congrats JC. Now lets hope we can sign him

Old
11-22-2012, 08:12 PM
#ualberta

Congrats to J.C Sherritt this guy had a great year well deserved

Old
11-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4cup View Post
J.C Sherritt Def player of the year

The only bright spot on a dismal year. Congrats to him.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Tyrolean

No way I want Joseph taking up a roster spot next year. What possibly can you have with a 40 yo QB who wasn't very good in the first place?

I would bite the bullet with Reilly (go hard for him) and Nichols and another rookie (Masoli or any new guy).

I don't want McPherson as my 1st choice. We should go after Mike Reilly.

Definitely don't want Kavis in a dual role as GM and coach here. Is it coincidence or fact that Edmonton lead the league in 13th man infractions this year lol. Kavis is not a great coach unless he surrounds himself with good assistants.

Old
11-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
The only bright spot on a dismal year. Congrats to him.
Burnett had a really good year defensively too.

Old
11-23-2012, 12:34 AM
Hockey Nightmare
Stare of Death

Completely OT, but I was thinking about what these players do to their bodies playing for peanuts compared to the NHL players. And yet they do it with passion and with minimal job security and a much more uncertain future. And yet we have hockey players complaining about losing 7% of their millions in a game that's growing in revenue every year, so at the end of the day they'll lose hardly anything...completely OT...but just sayin'...

Old
11-23-2012, 05:28 AM
AJGass4

Could agree more The Great Ones. What a world the NHL players live in.

Congrats to Sherrit for being the heart and soul of the team and getting rewarded for it. My mini AJ Gass.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Or Greene/Maas or Maas/Ray...

Old
11-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler Drift View Post
Burnett had a really good year defensively too.

True. He had a few more hiccups than Sherritt though, especially early on. Really have to strain to find anyone else that was solid the whole year. Maybe Cary Koch.

Closed Thread