HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado-Phoenix

Old
11-05-2012, 02:16 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
Colorado-Phoenix

To Colorado:
Gormley

To Phoenix:
Duchene

Just for fun. Would you do it? From a Phoenix standpoint, it would be extremely hard to give up Gorms, seeing as he could be a friggin' stud in the NHL. But, if you take a look at our defense, we can afford to spare some pieces. We've got OEL, and Yandle for our all around, but maily offensive minded defensemen. Klesla and Michalek to shut down opposing top lines and block shots. Morris and Schlemko, to be our solid all around guys and it doesn't end there. Rundblad could be bang or bust, but he has a ton of skill. Obviously Gormley who looks to be a future 1st pairing defenseman, Summers who is a seasoned and quick defensemen, Murphy was a recent first round pick who looks to be returning from his injury that lowered his draft rank pretty nicely, Stone who is a dark horse, and could seriously be given another legit shot at the roster, Goncharov....etc.

It's safe to say we could spare a few. With all that said....we have Vermette, Hanzal, Gordon, Chipchura down the middle, with our only notable center prospect being Andy Miele. There is an obvious void that needs to be addressed.

So, like i said, I'm not even sure I would accept my own proposal, but i want to hear other views. Especially from COL fans seeing as Gormley has yet to play an NHL game, but is so highly touted.

Thoughts?

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 02:20 AM
Puckstop40
Registered Avs Fan

No thanks, although, I may be one of the few Avalanche fans that hasn't given up on Duchene after one bad year...

Puckstop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 02:38 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Phoenix would have to add, Gormley is a good start but a ways away from landing Duchene.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 03:30 AM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

vCash: 50
I am not willing to give up on Duchene yet but I also think he would not fit PHX's system very well.
Regarding the style of their games you might rather be interested in Stastny. Would not want to trade him, either but I could imagine he'd look better on the Yotes.

Kschey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 03:52 AM
Shepard

Seems like a no-brainer for the Yotes. I'm sure the Avs quickly hang up though.

Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 06:17 AM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Looking at those awful threads popping up in the last few days, I think it is fair to say that Duchene is getting massively underrated around here.

Sadly even by Š few fellow Avs fans.

Yikes.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 06:22 AM
Zippy316

Trade will never happen. Proven vs unproven, the unproven is got to have to pay more every single time.

A Gormley, roster player, and a 1st might do it. I don't think Colorado needs defenseman so I assume it will be a forward.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
Doesn't sound like a good trade for the Avs... Phoenix needs to add

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:45 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
To Colorado:
Gormley

To Phoenix:
Duchene

Just for fun. Would you do it? From a Phoenix standpoint, it would be extremely hard to give up Gorms, seeing as he could be a friggin' stud in the NHL. But, if you take a look at our defense, we can afford to spare some pieces. We've got OEL, and Yandle for our all around, but maily offensive minded defensemen. Klesla and Michalek to shut down opposing top lines and block shots. Morris and Schlemko, to be our solid all around guys and it doesn't end there. Rundblad could be bang or bust, but he has a ton of skill. Obviously Gormley who looks to be a future 1st pairing defenseman, Summers who is a seasoned and quick defensemen, Murphy was a recent first round pick who looks to be returning from his injury that lowered his draft rank pretty nicely, Stone who is a dark horse, and could seriously be given another legit shot at the roster, Goncharov....etc.

It's safe to say we could spare a few. With all that said....we have Vermette, Hanzal, Gordon, Chipchura down the middle, with our only notable center prospect being Andy Miele. There is an obvious void that needs to be addressed.

So, like i said, I'm not even sure I would accept my own proposal, but i want to hear other views. Especially from COL fans seeing as Gormley has yet to play an NHL game, but is so highly touted.

Thoughts?
Wouldn't a Duchesne for Yandle transaction make more sense? Phoenix would need to bring on additional salary from either Colorado or another team as they are tracking below the cap already.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Ceremony
Just don't forget

vCash: 499
I don't know who Gormley is. But I'm not trading Duchene.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:27 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Wouldn't a Duchesne for Yandle transaction make more sense? Phoenix would need to bring on additional salary from either Colorado or another team as they are tracking below the cap already.
Honestly, if we're moving Duchene I want OEL back, we'd have to add cause OEL's coming off a great year and Dutchy an injured one, but that's the player it'd take coming back for Duchene. Something around Staz and Yandle would also work, although we probably have to add a bit there as well.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:30 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Honestly, if we're moving Duchene I want OEL back, we'd have to add cause OEL's coming off a great year and Dutchy an injured one, but that's the player it'd take coming back for Duchene. Something around Staz and Yandle would also work, although we probably have to add a bit there as well.
Phoenix wouldn't move OEL. Yandle may be available once Gormely/Rundblad are ready for top 4 minutes. If it can't be done. It can't be done. OEL would be a non- starter.

Statsny for Yandle has potential from the Phoenix side. I actually prefer that option to the much maligned Gagner offers that occur once a month from Edmonton fans. Phoenix needs the increased cap hit but would likely need a pick to balance out the years until UFA status (or a pick if they are unable to re-sign) differential.

Last edited by hbk: 11-05-2012 at 10:36 AM.
hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:44 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Phoenix wouldn't move OEL. Yandle may be available once Gormely/Rundblad are ready for top 4 minutes. If it can't be done. It can't be done. OEL would be a non- starter.

Statsny for Yandle has potential from the Phoenix side. I actually prefer that option to the much maligned Gagner offers that occur once a month from Edmonton fans. Phoenix needs the increased cap hit but would likely need a pick to balance out the years until UFA status (or a pick if they are unable to re-sign) differential.
Which makes sense, I was just saying for Duchene that'd be who we'd look for. Personally I'd rather the team just keep all 3 of our centers, roll 3 scoring lines and see what happens as our defensive prospects make the jump to the NHL. But Duchene/OEL or Stastny/Yandle would be trades I could get on board with if we were to trade a center.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:45 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Yandle/OEL for Duchene/Stastny straight up is pretty fair.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
I don't think Gormley works even as a starting point for Duchene. As others have said, while Phoenix wouldn't move him, Avs would want OEL

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Not even a consideration. Can we please just stop with all the *insert Avs center* to *team that needs center* for *stuff the Avs don't need* threads?

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Well there's this little thing known as a lockout and there's not a ton of stuff left to talk about.....

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Not even a consideration. Can we please just stop with all the *insert Avs center* to *team that needs center* for *stuff the Avs don't need* threads?
Gormley would definitely fill a need for us.

Christian Litscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 03:22 PM
huntison

Yandle for Duchene makes more sense to me.

huntison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
Gormley would definitely fill a need for us.
In a few years, maybe. If we are trading Duchene we should not be taking a step backwards.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 03:51 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Only way I trade Duchene to Phoenix is for OEL.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 05:28 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
If we're trading Duchene then I want someone more proven.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Leafs would beat that offer

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:11 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
How? Gormley is better than any defensive prospect the Leafs have, and is close to equivalent to Gardiner (higher upside, Gardiner more proven of course), who Leaf fans have made clear is untouchable. Avs have made it clear they dont need any wingers from the Leafs aside from the also untouchable Kessel, and the Leafs dont have any relevant winger prospects

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:15 PM
SupermanPahlsson
@DucksProspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
Please, go ahead and enlighten us with the Leafs offer then.

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote