HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Luongo Thread: Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Mod Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 10:10 AM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
As long as it's JVR, I'm good with it.
Yup, no to Lupul. JVR might become a legit 2nd liner on our team.

Remove Raymond and Franson. I think both teams would prefer to keep their own players.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:16 AM
WonderTwinsUnite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
LOL...if i only know ONE thing.....it's that i don't want Raymond. Just as you guys say you have enough "tweeners"...so do we. I'd rather leave Raymond out and put JVR in Lupul's spot...second line stays at Kuli/Grabo/Mac and give Frattin/Kadri or Brown the 3rd line wing spots.
You'll come around

Old
11-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Nuck This

Quote:
LOL...if i only know ONE thing.....it's that i don't want Raymond. Just as you guys say you have enough "tweeners"...so do we. I'd rather leave Raymond out and put JVR in Lupul's spot...second line stays at Kuli/Grabo/Mac and give Frattin/Kadri or Brown the 3rd line wing spots.
I'd rather have Raymond to be honest. That's my opinion though. He creates a lot of havoc because of his speed and he skates as hard on the back check.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
I'd rather have Raymond to be honest. That's my opinion though. He creates a lot of havoc because of his speed and he skates as hard on the back check.
Not a knock on his play, just not sure where he fits.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:47 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blendini View Post
http://proicehockey.about.com/od/pro...ft_success.htm

Don't know why the print is bold.

Who's a primadona?
Kadri is the primadonna.

200 NHL games is the threshold for 'career' NHLer - that's 2.5 seasons (not a lot) - not even half of them play 500 games (6 year career), so I'm going to trade a franchise goalie - for 3 potential players who have a 63% chance to play 200 NHL games. Doesn't sound appealing to me at all. It's about a 1/3 chance that we'd get ONE player out of that group that has a solid (500 game) career.

Not sure how many that appeals to, but I'm definitely not one of them.

Appreciate you posting that link though.

Cheers

Old
11-13-2012, 10:58 AM
dave babych returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Raymond is a useful player (and despite the Leafs apparent plethora of "tweeners" I wouldn't say they are flush with players who are both capable of playing on a scoring line and effective in their own end) but the Canucks wouldn't exactly have a lot of room for him if they pulled the trigger on a deal like that. We'd have Daniel Sedin, David Booth, JVR and Higgins on the left wing and Burrows, Kassian, Hansen and Wiese down the right.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
JVR-Kesler-Kassian
Booth-Malhotra-Hansen
Higgins-Lapierre-Wiese

Those aren't necessarily the lines I'd go with, but it does show how chock-a-block the Canucks forward group would be.

In fact I'd probably rather promote Schroeder and go with something like...

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Higgins
JVR-Schroeder-Kassian
Lapierre-Malhotra-Hansen
Wiese

Try to trade Raymond for a defenseman of similar value (ie. a proven NHLer with some talent, but not necessarily secure in his position with his current team), if you can do that you've got some damn good depth at forward and defense.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:00 AM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
Raymond is a useful player (and despite the Leafs apparent plethora of "tweeners" I wouldn't say they are flush with players who are both capable of playing on a scoring line and effective in their own end) but the Canucks wouldn't exactly have a lot of room for him if they pulled the trigger on a deal like that. We'd have Daniel Sedin, David Booth, JVR and Higgins on the left wing and Burrows, Kassian, Hansen and Wiese down the right.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
JVR-Kesler-Kassian
Booth-Malhotra-Hansen
Higgins-Lapierre-Wiese

Those aren't necessarily the lines I'd go with, but it does show how chock-a-block the Canucks forward group would be.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Higgins
JVR-Schroeder-Kassian
Lapierre-Malhotra-Hansen
Wiese

Try to trade Raymond for a defenseman of similar value (ie. a proven NHLer with some talent, but not necessarily secure in his position with his current team), if you can do that you've got some damn good depth at forward and defense.
i like that a lot .. that's a killer 4th line, and the 3rd line is a great kid line

Old
11-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
JVR-Kesler-Kassian
Booth-Malhotra-Hansen
Higgins-Lapierre-Wiese

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Higgins
JVR-Schroeder-Kassian
Lapierre-Malhotra-Hansen
Wiese

Guys, it is widely known that Burke was targeting JVR for a long time. There is no chance he trades him before seeing him play a game here.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Guys, it is widely known that Burke was targeting JVR for a long time. There is no chance he trades him before seeing him play a game here.

Wouldn't that be something? Thanks but no thanks kid. Out you go!

I agree with those saying we should keep Raymond.

Lastly, I'm surprised more people aren't interested in Percy from the Leafs. Looks like a robot out there (good thing).

Actually I lied, that wasn't the last comment, this is: I hope Gillis takes on Upshall in a salary dump from FLA, if in fact that's what is holding things up (besides the CBA), and flips him to CLB for Golubeuf plus pick or similar. Something like Shore, Petrovic and Golubeuf all being brought in is enticing. Make it so.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:40 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Wouldn't that be something? Thanks but no thanks kid. Out you go!

I agree with those saying we should keep Raymond.

Lastly, I'm surprised more people aren't interested in Percy from the Leafs. Looks like a robot out there (good thing).

Actually I lied, that wasn't the last comment, this is: I hope Gillis takes on Upshall in a salary dump from FLA, if in fact that's what is holding things up (besides the CBA), and flips him to CLB for Golubeuf plus pick or similar. Something like Shore, Petrovic and Golubeuf all being brought in is enticing. Make it so.
Upshall has a NMC, doesn't he?

Old
11-13-2012, 11:57 AM
NYVanfan

Quote:
wouldnt be unprecedented

Old
11-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Upshall has a NMC, doesn't he?

Yes he does, but in my fantasy trade he's willing to waive to go back to a team he has already played for, instead of staying here and having to deal with players he dislikes (Kesler).

Seems like a win/win if FLA is trying to push him out.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:15 PM
dave babych returns

Quote:
Yeah, I don't see it as realistic.. just responding to a poster's comment about what we'd do with Raymond if that trade went down.

We don't exactly have much to talk about that's any more realistic than Burke flipping JVR before he even takes the ice as a Leaf, anyway.

Although I will say that if the Canucks could have got Schenn, a (top ten protected) first rounder and another pick for Luongo, and if the Canucks could have flipped Schenn for JVR, I'd be sorely disappointed that they didn't try to make it happen. I'm skeptical that Burke would have offered that much on top of Schenn, otherwise they probably would have had a deal done in the summer.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
wouldnt be unprecedented
True, but Burke has been chasing that trade for a while.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Yeah, I don't see it as realistic.. just responding to a poster's comment about what we'd do with Raymond if that trade went down.

We don't exactly have much to talk about that's any more realistic than Burke flipping JVR before he even takes the ice as a Leaf, anyway.

Although I will say that if the Canucks could have got Schenn, a (top ten protected) first rounder and another pick for Luongo, and if the Canucks could have flipped Schenn for JVR, I'd be sorely disappointed that they didn't try to make it happen. I'm skeptical that Burke would have offered that much on top of Schenn, otherwise they probably would have had a deal done in the summer.
If Gillis' reported asking price was accurate, even if Burke offered your exact deal, Gillis would have said no.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:48 PM
dave babych returns

Quote:
If Gillis' reported asking price was accurate, even if Burke offered your exact deal, Gillis would have said no.
If and If both scenarios are accurate.. it will be a huge gamble on Gillis' part.

I'd be happy with JVR, a first and another pick - I'd be much happier with an even more significant return but personally I don't know how likely that is.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
If and If both scenarios are accurate.. it will be a huge gamble on Gillis' part.

I'd be happy with JVR, a first and another pick - I'd be much happier with an even more significant return but personally I don't know how likely that is.
The only rumours around here that i kind of believed are that Burke offered Schenn at the draft (not sure if anything else was offered), and another offer of Kuli,Komi and a 1st. If these are true, this shows me Burke isn't afraid to move his 1st....it just depends on what else is involved.

Old
11-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:

The puzzling thing is going from the rumoured asking price to "done deal" via Shannon. That's what gets me. How did these two GMs consummate a deal when they were that far apart to begin with?

Somebody must have given way on his previous stance. Meaning, included a player that was otherwise untouchable or backed off their demand of said player (more likely). Either way, there are going to be a lot of disgruntled fans on either side of the fence depending on who that key piece was. If it's Gardiner, I can see many a Canuck fans hating/loving the trade based on his name alone. The same for the Leafs side.

How do you go from Bozak + Frattin + Gardiner + 1st, replace Gardiner, and still make a deal of equivalent or similar value?

Old
11-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Scurr

Quote:
How do you go from Bozak + Frattin + Gardiner + 1st, replace Gardiner, and still make a deal of equivalent or similar value?
Wasn't there another rumoured offer around Grabovksi? Maybe Burke has a trade for a 1st line centre in the works and is going to trade us Grabo?

Last edited by Scurr: 11-13-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old
11-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Wasn't there another rumoured offer around Grabovksi?

Not sure. But if the Leafs trade Grabovski, forget about the playoffs anyways. He's that important to them.

Colborne + Frattin + 1st + Percy get it done? Leafs keep their 1C Bozak, they replace Frattin with Ashton/Biggs/Kadri, and they sub Percy in for Gardiner (big drop there I know)...?

Old
11-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Not sure. But if the Leafs trade Grabovski, forget about the playoffs anyways. He's that important to them.
I agree, he's their best player. I also think Burke is a fraud and way behind the times, maybe he has no idea what he has? We can only hope.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
I agree, he's their best player. I also think Burke is a fraud and way behind the times, maybe he has no idea what he has? We can only hope.

I am no Burke fan, but he knew enough of what he had to sign Grabovski to a 5.5m per deal...

Maybe Bozak was the sticking point? Retaining their 1C, and not having to go with unknown's like Colborne, is what they wanted all along? Maybe they don't think they lose that much in moving Frattin and replacing him with Ashton right now? Maybe they changed their mind on Gardiner? So many scenarios and it isn't obvious what the right one is.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Scurr

Quote:
I am no Burke fan, but he knew enough of what he had to sign Grabovski to a 5.5m per deal...
His NTC is only one where he can nix 5 teams and they were kind of desperate at centre anyway. Wishful thinking on my part maybe but I would have tried to get him a little cheaper with a full NTC.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:41 PM
SunshineRays

Rick Bowness on team 1040 today talking Canucks.

Sounds like they are really concerned about injuries in a shortened season. Also, talked about Garrisons d partner next season. He said Jasons only comfortable on leftside, so they will leave him there. Will either try Bieksa with him, or move Edler to right side. (I'd assume Tanev would play with Hamhuis). Breaking up one of the best shut down pairings in the NHL is a bad idea IMO (Hammer/Bieksa).

I'm guessing they try to keep Luongo for as long as possible to mitigate any potential goalie injury concerns. I was pretty sure they'd try Garrison on right side, now that's not a possibility. Gotta think a righty d-man is definitely coming back as a piece in a goalie trade.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:45 PM
MikeK

vCash: 8000
I wonder if the BlueJays blockbuster deal puts any pressure on Burke? The Jays have now become a legitimate contender. Maybe it's time for the Leafs to do the same.

Closed Thread