HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo Thread: Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Mod Warning in OP)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2012, 05:01 PM
  #751
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 17,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Kassian and Frattin both have the potential to do much more than that this season.
They would likely play up the lineup at times due to injury and strong play but I wouldn't bet on either guy taking Higgins or Hansens job on the 3rd line. The Canucks have good depth off the wings...

Ideally Gillis brings in a 2nd line RW and Frattin and Kassian can bring some skill and scoring ability to the 4th line. The Canucks have received absolutely no offensive contributions from their 4th line when it matters and it would be nice if one of those 2 could provide a Dwight King like impact come playoff time.

Drop the Sopel is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 05:19 PM
  #752
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,498
vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
The only player the Leafs have that is better than Lupul is Kessel, and maybe Phaneuf. Getting a team's second-third best player(even if he's coming off a career year) makes a solid base for a trade, especially considering Luongo's age.
That is somewhat true, but Lupul is a second line player who only had one ppg season so far, and he hasnt had a healthy season since 2009, that brought negative value to this player. Luongo on the other hand is an elite goalie that could play 70-75 games in the season and still post impressive results, again if we give up an elite talent in Luongo, we need elite talent back, if not we are better off keeping two goalies. Luongo has been known for a good teammates, the risk of having a locker room cancer because of this is minimal.

The leafs is not the only place that is avaliable, the flyers could be in for Luongo if they can get rid of Bryzgalov in the new CBA.

Vancouver_2010 is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 05:49 PM
  #753
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
the flyers could be in for Luongo if they can get rid of Bryzgalov in the new CBA.
Giroux or bust!

Scurr is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 06:46 PM
  #754
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,498
vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Giroux or bust!
I agree! Despite not being the ideal trade for us, still better than 1 year to UFA Lupul
Sarcasm noted.


Last edited by Vancouver_2010: 11-17-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Vancouver_2010 is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:57 AM
  #755
OgoBoHo
FIRE BENNING
 
OgoBoHo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,106
vCash: 53
I think if Philly were really interested in Luongo, if they were able to get rid of Bryz, they'd be a great trading partner because they have players we'd love to have (B. Schenn, Couturier etc). A deal like that could really boost our prospect pool, and give us a good center once the Sedins retire.

OgoBoHo is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 03:35 AM
  #756
timw33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
I think if Philly were really interested in Luongo, if they were able to get rid of Bryz, they'd be a great trading partner because they have players we'd love to have (B. Schenn, Couturier etc). A deal like that could really boost our prospect pool, and give us a good center once the Sedins retire.
I'd do a straight up for either of those guys and that's probably the only chance of getting one of them.

Otherwise we'd be better off trying to get a Voracek or Simmons + mid round picks.

timw33 is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 05:10 AM
  #757
604
Registered User
 
604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,129
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
I'd do a straight up for either of those guys and that's probably the only chance of getting one of them.

Otherwise we'd be better off trying to get a Voracek or Simmons + mid round picks.
I honestly think if Bryz gets loaned out to the KHL we'd be able to pull Voracek + 1st + 2nd for Luongo. Also, I think that fits our needs pretty well.

Then again, Bryzgalov is playing in Russia right now and in 6GP, he has a 0.892 save% and it appears he's not starting. Rastislav Stana who once played 6 games for the Caps 10 years ago has managed to keep his starting job ahead of Bryz and is outplaying him badly (0.947 save%).

604 is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 05:27 AM
  #758
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 13,169
vCash: 500
How realistic are the chances that Philly doesn't retain Bryzgalov if that proposed provision in the CBA went through and they had the choice?

vanuck is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 07:52 AM
  #759
Whale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
We would never get Voracek without a huge overpayment, have you seem Phillys depth up front? High top end but there is nothing beyond that at all.

I could see a deal being built around Mezaros though, he would look great next to Edler, basically a perfect replacement for Ehrhoff.

Whale is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 09:23 AM
  #760
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 22,105
vCash: 500
What Bryz can or can't do in the KHL is of little relevance. If it had any relevance, Evander Kane would have to be dumped to the AHL as soon as possible given his cap hit and results in the KHL.

Besides, if they do try and dump Bryz, I doubt they go back to ANOTHER similar monster contract.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 09:53 AM
  #761
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
What Bryz can or can't do in the KHL is of little relevance. If it had any relevance, Evander Kane would have to be dumped to the AHL as soon as possible given his cap hit and results in the KHL.

Besides, if they do try and dump Bryz, I doubt they go back to ANOTHER similar monster contract.
How could they dump Bryz? No team takes that contract for free (not just because of the contract but the player as well), he isn'y going to walk away from the money....and the cost to buy him out is massive.

Liferleafer is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:22 PM
  #762
OgoBoHo
FIRE BENNING
 
OgoBoHo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,106
vCash: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
What Bryz can or can't do in the KHL is of little relevance. If it had any relevance, Evander Kane would have to be dumped to the AHL as soon as possible given his cap hit and results in the KHL.

Besides, if they do try and dump Bryz, I doubt they go back to ANOTHER similar monster contract.
Bryzgalov didn't play all that well in the NHL last year while Evander did. It's really not a surprise Bryzgalov isn't doing good anywhere right now, he seems to be a shadow of his PHX days.

OgoBoHo is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 02:56 PM
  #763
Juicey
aka HamhuisHip
 
Juicey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
How could they dump Bryz? No team takes that contract for free (not just because of the contract but the player as well), he isn'y going to walk away from the money....and the cost to buy him out is massive.
I think they are talking about the amnesty buyout. Think it was 1/3 last time around.

Juicey is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 03:36 PM
  #764
Petey Cee
reel gud
 
Petey Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,587
vCash: 500
Schneider for Schenn bros

Petey Cee is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 03:41 PM
  #765
timw33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale View Post
We would never get Voracek without a huge overpayment, have you seem Phillys depth up front? High top end but there is nothing beyond that at all.

I could see a deal being built around Mezaros though, he would look great next to Edler, basically a perfect replacement for Ehrhoff.
Mezaros? Hell no.

timw33 is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 04:43 PM
  #766
Samzilla
Prust & Dorsett are
 
Samzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,711
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Swartzwelder View Post
Schneider for Schenn bros
That's crazy. One of them is terrible.

Samzilla is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 04:52 PM
  #767
nuckfan insk
Registered User
 
nuckfan insk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: saskatoon Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
That's crazy. One of them is terrible.
give luke a chance outside of toronto before writing him off

nuckfan insk is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 05:00 PM
  #768
OgoBoHo
FIRE BENNING
 
OgoBoHo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,106
vCash: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan insk View Post
give luke a chance outside of toronto before writing him off
You don't trade Schneider to give a player a 'chance'.

OgoBoHo is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 05:05 PM
  #769
Samzilla
Prust & Dorsett are
 
Samzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,711
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
You don't trade Schneider to give a player a 'chance'.
Haha. Or maybe...just maybe...hear me out...we trade Schneider for Gomez. Throw in Higgins too just to go full circle.

Samzilla is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 05:09 PM
  #770
nuckfan insk
Registered User
 
nuckfan insk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: saskatoon Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
You don't trade Schneider to give a player a 'chance'.
actually i was commenting on the comment made that luke or "one of them" was terrible
if it were the schenns for luongo straight up i would do it. if it were schneider i would want a little more

the more i think about it though i like what columbus has for nhl ready prospects to make a deal. like johansen, jenner, erixon, atkinson, dorsett,anisimov, moore, foligno, etc....plus they have 3 first rounders in the next draft (theirs, LA's, and the rangers)
just dont know if a deal could be made


Last edited by nuckfan insk: 11-18-2012 at 05:18 PM.
nuckfan insk is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 05:31 PM
  #771
SunshineRays
Registered User
 
SunshineRays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
How realistic are the chances that Philly doesn't retain Bryzgalov if that proposed provision in the CBA went through and they had the choice?
If there is an amnesty clause, I wonder the same thing.

Bryz struggled last yr and not doing well in KHL. Does Holmgren risk that last yr was a one off, and give him another chance? Cause if they give him another chance and he struggles next yr, his contract is immoveable and their stuck with him for 8 more yrs. Or do they buy him out and find someone else?

He only cost them a 7th rounder, so the only real cost for a team with $$ is replacement costs. Holmgren is extremely unpredictable. I bet he at least explores the option of buying out Bryz.

SunshineRays is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:01 PM
  #772
Vankiller Whale
#GetJimBinned
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,910
vCash: 1815
Voracek is by far the most appealing trade chip Philly has after the basically untouchable ones(Giroux, Couturier, Schenns).

Vankiller Whale is online now  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:07 PM
  #773
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 22,649
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale View Post
We would never get Voracek without a huge overpayment, have you seem Phillys depth up front? High top end but there is nothing beyond that at all.

I could see a deal being built around Mezaros though, he would look great next to Edler, basically a perfect replacement for Ehrhoff.
we'd be more likely to move Edler IMHO, for Couturier ideally. We are way overloaded at ls D and need a big young 3c.

Edler, Lack, Schroeder, Raymond

Couturier, Voracek

me2 is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:19 PM
  #774
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Van!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRays View Post
If there is an amnesty clause, I wonder the same thing.

Bryz struggled last yr and not doing well in KHL. Does Holmgren risk that last yr was a one off, and give him another chance? Cause if they give him another chance and he struggles next yr, his contract is immoveable and their stuck with him for 8 more yrs. Or do they buy him out and find someone else?

He only cost them a 7th rounder, so the only real cost for a team with $$ is replacement costs. Holmgren is extremely unpredictable. I bet he at least explores the option of buying out Bryz.
Maybe the Aquis send Philly an unmarked envelope full of cash to help out.

craigcaulks* is offline  
Old
11-18-2012, 06:37 PM
  #775
pahlsson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
we'd be more likely to move Edler IMHO, for Couturier ideally. We are way overloaded at ls D and need a big young 3c.

Edler, Lack, Schroeder, Raymond

Couturier, Voracek
too little, philly needs to add at least one schenn + a 1st

pahlsson is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.