HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Luongo Thread: Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Mod Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Kassian and Frattin both have the potential to do much more than that this season.
They would likely play up the lineup at times due to injury and strong play but I wouldn't bet on either guy taking Higgins or Hansens job on the 3rd line. The Canucks have good depth off the wings...

Ideally Gillis brings in a 2nd line RW and Frattin and Kassian can bring some skill and scoring ability to the 4th line. The Canucks have received absolutely no offensive contributions from their 4th line when it matters and it would be nice if one of those 2 could provide a Dwight King like impact come playoff time.

Old
11-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
The only player the Leafs have that is better than Lupul is Kessel, and maybe Phaneuf. Getting a team's second-third best player(even if he's coming off a career year) makes a solid base for a trade, especially considering Luongo's age.
That is somewhat true, but Lupul is a second line player who only had one ppg season so far, and he hasnt had a healthy season since 2009, that brought negative value to this player. Luongo on the other hand is an elite goalie that could play 70-75 games in the season and still post impressive results, again if we give up an elite talent in Luongo, we need elite talent back, if not we are better off keeping two goalies. Luongo has been known for a good teammates, the risk of having a locker room cancer because of this is minimal.

The leafs is not the only place that is avaliable, the flyers could be in for Luongo if they can get rid of Bryzgalov in the new CBA.

Old
11-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
the flyers could be in for Luongo if they can get rid of Bryzgalov in the new CBA.
Giroux or bust!

Old
11-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Giroux or bust!
I agree! Despite not being the ideal trade for us, still better than 1 year to UFA Lupul
Sarcasm noted.

Last edited by Vancouver_2010: 11-17-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old
11-18-2012, 02:57 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 1512
I think if Philly were really interested in Luongo, if they were able to get rid of Bryz, they'd be a great trading partner because they have players we'd love to have (B. Schenn, Couturier etc). A deal like that could really boost our prospect pool, and give us a good center once the Sedins retire.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:35 AM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
I think if Philly were really interested in Luongo, if they were able to get rid of Bryz, they'd be a great trading partner because they have players we'd love to have (B. Schenn, Couturier etc). A deal like that could really boost our prospect pool, and give us a good center once the Sedins retire.
I'd do a straight up for either of those guys and that's probably the only chance of getting one of them.

Otherwise we'd be better off trying to get a Voracek or Simmons + mid round picks.

Old
11-18-2012, 05:10 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
I'd do a straight up for either of those guys and that's probably the only chance of getting one of them.

Otherwise we'd be better off trying to get a Voracek or Simmons + mid round picks.
I honestly think if Bryz gets loaned out to the KHL we'd be able to pull Voracek + 1st + 2nd for Luongo. Also, I think that fits our needs pretty well.

Then again, Bryzgalov is playing in Russia right now and in 6GP, he has a 0.892 save% and it appears he's not starting. Rastislav Stana who once played 6 games for the Caps 10 years ago has managed to keep his starting job ahead of Bryz and is outplaying him badly (0.947 save%).

Old
11-18-2012, 05:27 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
How realistic are the chances that Philly doesn't retain Bryzgalov if that proposed provision in the CBA went through and they had the choice?

Old
11-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Whale

We would never get Voracek without a huge overpayment, have you seem Phillys depth up front? High top end but there is nothing beyond that at all.

I could see a deal being built around Mezaros though, he would look great next to Edler, basically a perfect replacement for Ehrhoff.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Tiranis

What Bryz can or can't do in the KHL is of little relevance. If it had any relevance, Evander Kane would have to be dumped to the AHL as soon as possible given his cap hit and results in the KHL.

Besides, if they do try and dump Bryz, I doubt they go back to ANOTHER similar monster contract.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
What Bryz can or can't do in the KHL is of little relevance. If it had any relevance, Evander Kane would have to be dumped to the AHL as soon as possible given his cap hit and results in the KHL.

Besides, if they do try and dump Bryz, I doubt they go back to ANOTHER similar monster contract.
How could they dump Bryz? No team takes that contract for free (not just because of the contract but the player as well), he isn'y going to walk away from the money....and the cost to buy him out is massive.

Old
11-18-2012, 02:22 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post

Bryzgalov didn't play all that well in the NHL last year while Evander did. It's really not a surprise Bryzgalov isn't doing good anywhere right now, he seems to be a shadow of his PHX days.

Old
11-18-2012, 02:56 PM
HamhuisHip
LeggsOverMyHamhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
How could they dump Bryz? No team takes that contract for free (not just because of the contract but the player as well), he isn'y going to walk away from the money....and the cost to buy him out is massive.
I think they are talking about the amnesty buyout. Think it was 1/3 last time around.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:36 PM
John Swartzwelder
MOAR TUFFNESS!!!1

vCash: 50
Schneider for Schenn bros

Old
11-18-2012, 03:41 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale View Post
We would never get Voracek without a huge overpayment, have you seem Phillys depth up front? High top end but there is nothing beyond that at all.

I could see a deal being built around Mezaros though, he would look great next to Edler, basically a perfect replacement for Ehrhoff.
Mezaros? Hell no.

Old
11-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Swartzwelder View Post
Schneider for Schenn bros
That's crazy. One of them is terrible.

Old
11-18-2012, 04:52 PM
nuckfan insk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
That's crazy. One of them is terrible.
give luke a chance outside of toronto before writing him off

Old
11-18-2012, 05:00 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan insk View Post
give luke a chance outside of toronto before writing him off
You don't trade Schneider to give a player a 'chance'.

Old
11-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Samzilla

Quote:
Haha. Or maybe...just maybe...hear me out...we trade Schneider for Gomez. Throw in Higgins too just to go full circle.

Old
11-18-2012, 05:09 PM
nuckfan insk

Quote:
actually i was commenting on the comment made that luke or "one of them" was terrible
if it were the schenns for luongo straight up i would do it. if it were schneider i would want a little more

the more i think about it though i like what columbus has for nhl ready prospects to make a deal. like johansen, jenner, erixon, atkinson, dorsett,anisimov, moore, foligno, etc....plus they have 3 first rounders in the next draft (theirs, LA's, and the rangers)
just dont know if a deal could be made

Last edited by nuckfan insk: 11-18-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old
11-18-2012, 05:31 PM
SunshineRays

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
How realistic are the chances that Philly doesn't retain Bryzgalov if that proposed provision in the CBA went through and they had the choice?
If there is an amnesty clause, I wonder the same thing.

Bryz struggled last yr and not doing well in KHL. Does Holmgren risk that last yr was a one off, and give him another chance? Cause if they give him another chance and he struggles next yr, his contract is immoveable and their stuck with him for 8 more yrs. Or do they buy him out and find someone else?

He only cost them a 7th rounder, so the only real cost for a team with $$ is replacement costs. Holmgren is extremely unpredictable. I bet he at least explores the option of buying out Bryz.

Old
11-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Voracek is by far the most appealing trade chip Philly has after the basically untouchable ones(Giroux, Couturier, Schenns).

Old
11-18-2012, 06:07 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale View Post

we'd be more likely to move Edler IMHO, for Couturier ideally. We are way overloaded at ls D and need a big young 3c.

Edler, Lack, Schroeder, Raymond

Couturier, Voracek

Old
11-18-2012, 06:19 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRays View Post
If there is an amnesty clause, I wonder the same thing.

Bryz struggled last yr and not doing well in KHL. Does Holmgren risk that last yr was a one off, and give him another chance? Cause if they give him another chance and he struggles next yr, his contract is immoveable and their stuck with him for 8 more yrs. Or do they buy him out and find someone else?

He only cost them a 7th rounder, so the only real cost for a team with $$ is replacement costs. Holmgren is extremely unpredictable. I bet he at least explores the option of buying out Bryz.
Maybe the Aquis send Philly an unmarked envelope full of cash to help out.

Old
11-18-2012, 06:37 PM
pahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
we'd be more likely to move Edler IMHO, for Couturier ideally. We are way overloaded at ls D and need a big young 3c.

Edler, Lack, Schroeder, Raymond

Couturier, Voracek
too little, philly needs to add at least one schenn + a 1st

Closed Thread