HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Luongo Thread: Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Mod Warning in OP)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2012, 12:05 PM
  #801
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19,725
vCash: 500
^

Oilers might get lucky and have a healthy Whitney for an entire season - whenever there is a season (wouldn't count on it as he's essentially their version of Salo). He's a legit top four guy.

Barney Gumble is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 12:08 PM
  #802
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Van!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Schultz clearly wants to be part of something 'special' (had to say it), IMO he's looking more for a sororiety type atmosphere with kids his own age.
?
Intentional or not, I applaud your use of sorority over fraternity.

craigcaulks* is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 12:21 PM
  #803
Pseudonymous
Registered User
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
Intentional or not, I applaud your use of sorority over fraternity.

Pseudonymous is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 12:23 PM
  #804
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
Intentional or not, I applaud your use of sorority over fraternity.
I was looking for the word, it just wasn't coming to mind....sorority fits better though, you're right.

arsmaster is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 02:35 PM
  #805
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Schultz is a swift skating puck moving defenseman who can also QB a PP. Sounds like someone we could use. Not to mention he plays the right side and his cap hit is cheap. Gillis really messed up on not promising him more.
... by not getting Trevor Linden to call him & beg him to join our Organization?

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 02:39 PM
  #806
Samzilla
Registered User
 
Samzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,265
vCash: 934
We can make jokes about it but Schultz would've been an awesome addition to our lineup. My one hope is that the Oil is still so incompetently run, that despite all the weapons they have, they won't know how to load the gun properly.

Samzilla is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 03:30 PM
  #807
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Van!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
We can make jokes about it but Schultz would've been an awesome addition to our lineup. My one hope is that the Oil is still so incompetently run, that despite all the weapons they have, they won't know how to load the gun properly.
Or load it properly then promptly shoot themselves in the foot.


Can we all agree that when the season is cancelled and the NHL institutes some stupid rule favouring crap NHL franchises that the Oil and Leafs will end up drafting 1 & 2.

craigcaulks* is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 03:33 PM
  #808
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,944
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
Or load it properly then promptly shoot themselves in the foot.


Can we all agree that when the season is cancelled and the NHL institutes some stupid rule favouring crap NHL franchises that the Oil and Leafs will end up drafting 1 & 2.
That would make me angry. At least give it to tweeners that have been trying really hard to make the playoffs and are profitable organizations like Dallas, Colorado, Calgary, etc.

Better yet, give it to Columbus. They could use it more than anybody.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 03:44 PM
  #809
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Van!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
That would make me angry. At least give it to tweeners that have been trying really hard to make the playoffs and are profitable organizations like Dallas, Colorado, Calgary, etc.

Better yet, give it to Columbus. They could use it more than anybody.
Based on the last system they used, The Leafs would be one of those teams wth the best chance. I think the Oil would be penalized after having so many #1 overall, but my memory is fading these days.

craigcaulks* is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 03:48 PM
  #810
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,944
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
Based on the last system they used, The Leafs would be one of those teams wth the best chance. I think the Oil would be penalized after having so many #1 overall, but my memory is fading these days.
I was much less educated last time the NHL locked out, not that I have any clue now. All I remember was being amazed we got the #10 pick...****. I think I know where this thread is headed...

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 03:50 PM
  #811
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
Based on the last system they used, The Leafs would be one of those teams wth the best chance. I think the Oil would be penalized after having so many #1 overall, but my memory is fading these days.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1277353

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 04:16 PM
  #812
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Van!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
I don't recall the exact rule surrounding previous #1 overall picks, but Pittsburgh had a #1 in Fleury and CBJ with Nash.

Sounds like TO v. CBJ then. Let's go BJs!!

craigcaulks* is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 04:53 PM
  #813
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
I don't recall the exact rule surrounding previous #1 overall picks, but Pittsburgh had a #1 in Fleury and CBJ with Nash.

Sounds like TO v. CBJ then. Let's go BJs!!
I know this has nothing to do with Luongo, but does anyone have any insight or a link on how they do the draft lottery.

I understand teams can have up to 3 balls, and teams who have picked 1st and/or made the playoffs for 3 years in a row only get one ball.

How do you get two balls?

arsmaster is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 05:16 PM
  #814
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,946
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I know this has nothing to do with Luongo, but does anyone have any insight or a link on how they do the draft lottery.

I understand teams can have up to 3 balls, and teams who have picked 1st and/or made the playoffs for 3 years in a row only get one ball.

How do you get two balls?
Every team starts with three, and loses one for every time they made the playoffs or had a 1st overall pick.(with one being the lowest you can go)

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 05:57 PM
  #815
PG Canuck
Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,502
vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Gillis really messed up on not promising him more.
No, he really didn't. I don't want to turn this thread into a Schultz thread so I won't explain.

PG Canuck is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 06:14 PM
  #816
WonderTwinsUnite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Delta, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,523
vCash: 500
Another proposal floating around:

Mac
Franson
Colborne
1st

for

Luongo
Raymond

I'd rather Frattin than Colborne.

WonderTwinsUnite is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 06:22 PM
  #817
SunshineRays
Registered User
 
SunshineRays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
If a KHL team wants him and he wants to stay there, he can waive his NMC.

The money will partially provided by the KHL team and will be guaranteed by the Flyers. He would make his guaranteed money playing a 54 game schedule instead of an 82 game schedule.

Whether it makes sense will depend a lot on how much a KHL team is willing to pay for Bryz and whether amnesty buyouts are allowed after the CBA gets done.

The Flyers have already paid $15M of his 9 year $51M contract leaving "just" $36M over the next 8 years.
Oops, thought you meant waived to the AHL. I'm curious if any KHL team would even want him. He's not doing well with his current club. Last i checked, he was playing 3rd string goalie.

SunshineRays is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 06:35 PM
  #818
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,946
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
Another proposal floating around:

Mac
Franson
Colborne
1st

for

Luongo
Raymond

I'd rather Frattin than Colborne.
Meh, Mac for Raymond is a wash, that leaves Franson, Colborne, 1st. Once again, meh.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 06:56 PM
  #819
ddawg1950
Registered User
 
ddawg1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
No, he really didn't. I don't want to turn this thread into a Schultz thread so I won't explain.
Your statement stands without it.

I would never want to promise a rookie anything. Let him earn it.

ddawg1950 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 07:06 PM
  #820
WonderTwinsUnite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Delta, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Meh, Mac for Raymond is a wash, that leaves Franson, Colborne, 1st. Once again, meh.
Mac>>Raymond

WonderTwinsUnite is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 07:31 PM
  #821
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
Mac>>Raymond
I'd say its a wash.

The upgrade if there is one IMO would be negligible. Not enough to sway the deal.

Especially if its Franson (I have no use for this player - couldn't get 20 mins on a lottery team), Colborne (big but SOFT) and a 1st.

I'm tired of hearing this chatter with the Leafs, if they wont give up anything that IMPROVES the Canucks, what is the point?

I'm bored, thats my excuse.

arsmaster is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 07:39 PM
  #822
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I'd say its a wash.

The upgrade if there is one IMO would be negligible. Not enough to sway the deal.

Especially if its Franson (I have no use for this player - couldn't get 20 mins on a lottery team), Colborne (big but SOFT) and a 1st.

I'm tired of hearing this chatter with the Leafs, if they wont give up anything that IMPROVES the Canucks, what is the point?

I'm bored, thats my excuse.
that is exactly my point, if they cannot give us any valuable players, then there is no incentive to trade with them.

Vancouver_2010 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 07:41 PM
  #823
skywarp75
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
Another proposal floating around:

Mac
Franson
Colborne
1st

for

Luongo
Raymond

I'd rather Frattin than Colborne.
how could this possibly be attractive to the canucks. in what way does this improve the team?

skywarp75 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 09:10 PM
  #824
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,294
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
Another proposal floating around:

Mac
Franson
Colborne
1st

for

Luongo
Raymond

I'd rather Frattin than Colborne.
Yeah that's pretty bad.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 09:54 PM
  #825
Taelin
Moderator
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Well he can be now the "only guy" on his current team.

Taelin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.