HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Steam is the best thing ever: (Part VII)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2012, 12:46 PM
  #401
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
So you're saying no to Saints Row the Third for 5$? lol

Plus knowing Humble Bundle's tendency of adding games after a while...
True, that's what I did. Although I feel cheep paying $5 for 5 games, even though I already own 3 of them.

WhipNash27 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:00 PM
  #402
Zodiac
Registered User
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
Give the whole thing to THQ, they need it bad at the moment
i already own all these games, but yeah, if i was buying it, i'd give it all to THQ. they're apparently really hurting for cash and i'd like to see them stick around.

Zodiac is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:02 PM
  #403
Zodiac
Registered User
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,461
vCash: 500
apparently there's a few indie developers crying about the deal on Twitter.

cry some more boys ....indie devs probably have more cash to spare than THQ these days.

Zodiac is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:03 PM
  #404
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,998
vCash: 500
It's pretty worth it for me, Red Faction Armageddon and the entire Company of Heroes thingy

Saints Row the third is its own key, so that's nice i'll probably give it to a friend

Might get multiple bundle at Beat The Average, could always come in handy in trades

BeBen* is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:21 PM
  #405
Belfour20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cornwall, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
This bundle should sell extremely well. Hopefully it helps out THQ (so far their stock is up 23% today... lol).

Belfour20 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:46 PM
  #406
Sined
The AndroidBugler!
 
Sined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,205
vCash: 500
I wonder how much will people send THQ's way...

Sined is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:47 PM
  #407
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 46,670
vCash: 500
I have or have played most of those games but it's an incredible deal.

Kitten Mittons is online now  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:48 PM
  #408
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 10,750
vCash: 50
What an awesome deal just Opposing Fronts & Tales of Valor make it worth it for me.

Graveland is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:16 PM
  #409
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,850
vCash: 500
I gave 100% to THQ.

WhipNash27 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:22 PM
  #410
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,849
vCash: 500
I'm going to be cheap and pay close to the minimum. I own all of the games except Saints Row and I'm still mad at THQ for taking 3 months to ship my UFC 3 game and making me spend $120 on broken wrestling games for two years.

I gave $4 to humble and $6 to charity.

EDIT: That sucks that the keys aren't separate. I was going to give away my doubles here.


Last edited by Hawkguy: 11-29-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Hawkguy is online now  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:23 PM
  #411
Towers
Is it on Origin?
 
Towers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,523
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Towers
Of course Paypal is deciding to **** me and not allowing me to login right now.

Towers is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:26 PM
  #412
Towers
Is it on Origin?
 
Towers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,523
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Towers
And the price will continue to go up while Paypal ****s me.

At least kiss me before you **** me Paypal.

Or take me out to dinner.

Towers is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:34 PM
  #413
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers View Post
And the price will continue to go up while Paypal ****s me.

At least kiss me before you **** me Paypal.

Or take me out to dinner.
Chill out Cartman, the price won't go up more than the price of a bag of ramen noodles

BeBen* is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:37 PM
  #414
Towers
Is it on Origin?
 
Towers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,523
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Towers
I actually don't care that much, just finished watching that South Park episode and wanted to do the tirade.

Cause if I tried that on my wife she's boot**** me into next week.

I ended up having to use a different browser.

Towers is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:38 PM
  #415
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers View Post
And the price will continue to go up while Paypal ****s me.

At least kiss me before you **** me Paypal.

Or take me out to dinner.
If you have any decent gifts, I could buy if for you and give you the keys and you could just trade me if your paypal keeps giving issues. Let me know.

Hawkguy is online now  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:39 PM
  #416
Sined
The AndroidBugler!
 
Sined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
I gave 100% to THQ.
Woot!
Funding some of my salary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
I'm going to be cheap and pay close to the minimum. I own all of the games except Saints Row and I'm still mad at THQ for taking 3 months to ship my UFC 3 game and making me spend $120 on broken wrestling games for two years.

I gave $4 to humble and $6 to charity.

EDIT: That sucks that the keys are separate. I was going to give away my doubles here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukes

But yeah I understand your frustration!

Sined is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:40 PM
  #417
Towers
Is it on Origin?
 
Towers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,523
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Towers
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
If you have any decent gifts, I could buy if for you and give you the keys and you could just trade me if your paypal keeps giving issues. Let me know.
Nah, I have zero gifts. I got it to work using a different browser.

Towers is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:42 PM
  #418
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers View Post
I actually don't care that much, just finished watching that South Park episode and wanted to do the tirade.

Cause if I tried that on my wife she's boot**** me into next week.

I ended up having to use a different browser.
Ya that episode is great, and you should totally do that to your wife, in a crowded store and film it and the following reaction

BeBen* is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:45 PM
  #419
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
Woot!
Funding some of my salary!



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukes

But yeah I understand your frustration!
I know Yukes makes the games, I hate them also somedays lol. What I hate about THQ is their attitude towards customers. If you go to the WWE forums on THQ's website, their Community Manager is a ****ing *********. If that's somehow you, I apologize but it's true lol. When he started telling the 1000s of fans complaining about an issue that we are playing the game wrong, that was my last straw. Marcus, who used to do the community management was also a dick, but at least he was honest and straight forward.

As for the game shipment, THQ said it was Digital River dealing with it. And I tend to believe that, but with the amount of complaints they've got over that game and the most recent WWE game, I would have expected them to change companies. I ordered UFC 2 weeks before release date and ended up getting it like 8 weeks after release date which completely defeated the purpose of the DLC. I was so angry with it, that I've still only played the game twice.

I know there are lots of hard workers at THQ and they make some great games - it's just that most of the games I'm super interested by them are crap or that some of the way they deal with things are crap. I would never want THQ to shut down fully, but I would cheer for hours if they sold the WWE licence.

But like I said, I would have gave more for the bundle but I only wanted Saints Row 3 since I've already paid for the rest before (well only one Company of Heroes game, but I'll never touch them again).

Hawkguy is online now  
Old
11-29-2012, 03:29 PM
  #420
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,998
vCash: 500
Steam really needs to enable the option of letting us add retail Steamworks games to our inventory especially if you already own the game

BeBen* is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 03:35 PM
  #421
Sined
The AndroidBugler!
 
Sined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
I know Yukes makes the games, I hate them also somedays lol. What I hate about THQ is their attitude towards customers. If you go to the WWE forums on THQ's website, their Community Manager is a ****ing *********. If that's somehow you, I apologize but it's true lol. When he started telling the 1000s of fans complaining about an issue that we are playing the game wrong, that was my last straw. Marcus, who used to do the community management was also a dick, but at least he was honest and straight forward.

As for the game shipment, THQ said it was Digital River dealing with it. And I tend to believe that, but with the amount of complaints they've got over that game and the most recent WWE game, I would have expected them to change companies. I ordered UFC 2 weeks before release date and ended up getting it like 8 weeks after release date which completely defeated the purpose of the DLC. I was so angry with it, that I've still only played the game twice.

I know there are lots of hard workers at THQ and they make some great games - it's just that most of the games I'm super interested by them are crap or that some of the way they deal with things are crap. I would never want THQ to shut down fully, but I would cheer for hours if they sold the WWE licence.

But like I said, I would have gave more for the bundle but I only wanted Saints Row 3 since I've already paid for the rest before (well only one Company of Heroes game, but I'll never touch them again).
Hahaha, no worries. I'm a QA Tools Programmer at the Montreal studio.
If you do any sort of public relations job there should be a pre-req to be friendly.

THQ might be on the ropes now, but I'm excited for the upcoming titles. Even if they got delayed.

Sined is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 03:39 PM
  #422
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,850
vCash: 500
Well the bundle is up to over 800K in sales. IDK how much of it is going to THQ, but that's a nice amount of sales in a short time. Surely at the very least getting people playing THQ games.

WhipNash27 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 03:42 PM
  #423
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
Hahaha, no worries. I'm a QA Tools Programmer at the Montreal studio.
If you do any sort of public relations job there should be a pre-req to be friendly.

THQ might be on the ropes now, but I'm excited for the upcoming titles. Even if they got delayed.
It's for the best really, i have high hopes for Stick of Truth

I want it to feel polished and solid

BeBen* is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 04:41 PM
  #424
Buddio
CFC
 
Buddio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rogers Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,402
vCash: 900
Only have $4 left on my prepaid credit card and can't get Saint Row 3

Anyone wanna nab me a copy and do a steam trade? I can trade Civ 3+Bastion+Magicka for it

Buddio is online now  
Old
11-29-2012, 05:47 PM
  #425
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfour20 View Post
This bundle should sell extremely well. Hopefully it helps out THQ (so far their stock is up 23% today... lol).
https://www.google.ca/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:THQI

up 38% now lol

Crazy to think a year ago... 52 Week High /Low: $ 18.60 / $ 1

For some reason Konami went up a lot today too, a big announcement i missed maybe

BeBen* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.