HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo - Edmonton

Old
11-07-2012, 03:11 PM
I3ig13ig

vCash: 500
Buffalo - Edmonton

RW Drew Stafford
D Brayden McNabb
3rd Round Pick in 2013

RW Ales Hemsky
D Oscar Klefbom
Conditional 2nd Round Pick in 2013 (turns to a 1st rounder if Hemsky plays less than 50 games next season.)

Buffalo gets a playmaking winger capable of delivering crisp passes to whoever he plays with in the Sabres top 6 while also being able to score every now and then as well. They also receive a great prospect in Klefbom who has great defensive awareness and the potential to develop a decent offensive game as well. Now with Hemsky accompanies some injury history so to try and off set that, a conditional 2nd round pick also goes to the Sabres which becomes a 1st if Hemsky doesn't play over 50 games. A potential 1st round pick also offsets some of the value.

Edmonton meanwhile gets a big and tough winger in Stafford to help protect the young guns with his hitting and vetern presence. He is also a very capable goal scorer which would compliment any of the Oilers top 6 players. Edmonton then recieves a giant of a prospect in McNabb who would help solidify the Oilers blueline with his towering, physical presence and awareness on the ice.

Thoughts? Be nice.

I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 03:24 PM
CSimpson18

How's Mcnabb defensively? He puts up huge points for a big guy. I have a feeling Buf fans aren't going to like this, despite Klefbom being such a good prospect. Hemsky is not well liked around these parts.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Oates2Neely

"yuck" for Buffalo.. Stafford > Hemsky all day. D prospects cancel eachother out

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
"yuck" for Buffalo.. Stafford > Hemsky all day. D prospects cancel eachother out
I think its better for Buffalo. IMO Klefbom>McNabb, and Hemsky would look great in the future next to Grigorenko.

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 03:34 PM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
It would essentially be Hemsky + 1st/2nd Round Pick for Stafford. That seems more than far gathering that Hemsky can and has put up big numbers and his shoulder finally seems healthy. He is over a PPG right now in Europe with the majority of his points being goals (11-10-21 in 17GP IIRC). They get a 2nd round pick which could range anywhere from 33rd-46th which is still good prospect teritory, nevermind the fact that it could become a first rounder with potential to be anywhere from 3rd-16th overall in a deep draft.

Old
11-07-2012, 03:55 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
I doubt most know or understand what klefbom could be other then oiler fans. For those bashing the deal search for scouting reports from non oiler points of view

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 03:56 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
I hope you don't really think Stafford is a better hockey player than Hemsky. If it's an injury or contract thing then ya, I get it, but Hemsky has more talent in his little finger than Stafford has in his whole body.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 04:07 PM
rockinghockey

I will keep Klefbom over McNab as for Hemsky and a 2nd/1st for Stafford no thank you. Stafford is not worth that much. Klefbom is coming over next year and EDM is expecting big things from him. If Klefbom is getting dealt it is in a package for a proven top 2 dman.

Hemsky has been playing over seas and has been healthy and playing very well. I would be interested in Stafford in EDM but not in this deal. Take Klefbom out of the deal. Plus can Stafford play left wing as on the right side we have Eberle and Yak.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 04:08 PM
oilwings

I like Stafford but he's nothing compare to Hemsky. Hemsky is scoring over a point a game right now and is injured free. Something like 21pts in 16games. Also I want to see Klefbom play first before giving him up. Both sides politely decline.

oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Zippy316

Pretty fair. I don't see the need for McNabb and Klefbom though?

Edmonton could use more physicality and size, and Stafford offers that. Probably best if they just get rid of the D prospects, a deal structured around Stafford for Hemsky is pretty fair, maybe even straight up. Hemsky's a better offensive player, but Stafford is a better all-around and more physical player. You can include a conditional pick based on games played by Hemsky too.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

We need more physical players not less, I don't know much about Klefbom but McNabb will give us some toughness on the back-end while Stafford has good chemistry with Ennis.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 50
I wouldn't go for it, but only because I'm not familiar enough with the Buffalo players to give an informed decision.

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 04:40 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
How's Mcnabb defensively? He puts up huge points for a big guy. I have a feeling Buf fans aren't going to like this, despite Klefbom being such a good prospect. Hemsky is not well liked around these parts.
Mcnabb is on par for his age defensively I'd say. Not bad but not great. He does however have a great shot and has a nose for lighting the lamp in the AHL. The best thing about him is he's fearless and hits everything in sight. During his play in the NHL he crushed many of forward though sometimes taking himself out of the play defensively to do so. If he picks up his defensive game just a little bit, he'll be in the big club for good, (most think he should be now), and someday be a top pairing or even a number 1 D man.

As far as the trade idea, I really don't know much about Klefbom to say whether or not it's a good trade but he better be awesome for Buffalo to agree. I think the only way Buffalo would consider this is to make that a definite 1st. There very high on Mcnabb and would have to be persuaded to trade him. Stafford and Hemsky are close except Hemsky seems a bit fragile. Don't know if Buffalo would want to chance it.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Quote:
Yea right.. Klefbom is twice the player McNabb is right now.

This is terrible for us.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 04:56 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Hell no from me.

Klefbom is going nowhere.

I don't care about Hemsky's injury history. Why on earth would Edmonton have a conditional 2nd rounder in here?

It should more like be added conditional 2nd rounder from Buffalo if Hemsky if healthy for 50 games.

We need Hemsky more than Stafford. We need more playmakers to feed our young snipers.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 05:02 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Yea right.. Klefbom is twice the player McNabb is right now.

This is terrible for us.
He better be good with that kind of statement. Does he even have any pro experience? Again I don't know much about Klefbom but this sounds like someone talking out of there a$$ and has no idea who Mcnabb is.

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 06:10 PM
nogger
#wemissyoubutler

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
He better be good with that kind of statement. Does he even have any pro experience? Again I don't know much about Klefbom but this sounds like someone talking out of there a$$ and has no idea who Mcnabb is.
I wouldn't worry about it, Oiler fans love overhyping their prospects, Klefbom is 'ok'

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 06:21 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

I think it's pretty bad for the Oilers.

I'd rather Klefbom over McNabb

I would only consider Stafford as having more value than Hemsky because of health issues. When healthy Hemsky is the better player.

A 2nd is > a 3rd. The potential for the 2nd to turn into a 1st is fantastic for the Sabres, and reason enough to make the trade, as if Hemsky doesn't play the games required, the Sabres could be getting a potentially fantastic pick.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 06:27 PM
I3ig13ig

Klefbom has been playing overseas in the Swedish Elite League with Farjestad. He is on the top pairing of the club and has 3 assists in 11 games played. He has been injured for the last couple weeks but still maintains almost the league best "+/-" with a +7 rating. He is very sound defensively for the most part and has gotten much better this season with break out passes. He also has a booming slap shot and isn't afraid to slam into opposing players to boot. His only weaknesses seem to be some minor gaffs and positioning at times. This is expected though with a defenseman at his age playing against men.

He has only gotten better since his draft day. So for anyone to say he is "overhyped" or "an ok" prospect has clearly never even watched a game, much less researched him and his development over the web. Please don't be ignorant to our prospects. We value them like you value yours. It takes nice things to get nice things so here we are.

Cheers

Last edited by I3ig13ig: 11-07-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old
11-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Zippy316

It's obvious the problem lies with the D prospects. It begs the question...

Would both sides be okay with a Stafford for Hemsky swap? If not, what needs to be added?

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 06:33 PM
pigpen65

You can have Stafford for free, but no way in hell to giving up McNabb now.

pigpen65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Eskimo44

I know Stafford is the bigger player and HF loves that but really he is nowhere close to Hemsky in ability. Like CSimpson said if it's an injury thing (overblown) then fine that's a fair opinion but Hemsky before this season had the 15th best ppg since the lockout of all wingers in the NHL. He's a 1st line game breaking talent, i'd rather see if his shoulder is back to normal and if he's knocked all the rust off.

I don't get the point of a McNabb for Klefbom swap. It seems to me Klefbom is easily the more celebrated prospect but i don't know if it's good for either team as that doesn't always tell the whole story. I do know that McNabb is a great prospect in his own right so this is possibly an even swap. Either way i'm sure each fan base is just fine with the devil they know.

Don't know why edmonton adds the better pick but it's really not that important.

So i do think a Stafford for Hemsky trade is a somewhat reasonable idea but myself i would keep Hemsky, and if he is moved in a deal like that i would want Buffalo to add a little.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 07:13 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
I actually think this isn't such a bad deal for either team.

11-07-2012, 07:27 PM
rockinghockey

EDM is not going to give up a 1st to get Stafford. EDM would give up a 1st to get a 2C with size but not a winger plus Hemsky come on guys think about it. EDM does not need another winger, they already have Hall, Eberle and Yak. Also Harti has been playing very good in the AHL this year so I can see the Oilers giving him a chance.

EDM is looking for either a big dman that can skate that is very good defensively or a 2C with size. If Gagner was a bit bigger I would be happy with him but we do need a bigger 2C since RNH is slight.

Old
11-07-2012, 07:29 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
Klefbom has been playing in the Swedish Elite league and performing very well. Some scouts even stated that he will be better than Murray during the draft.

He was also top dman in the WJC last year.