HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers-Leafs-Flyers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-08-2012, 04:47 PM
  #1
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,555
vCash: 500
Oilers-Leafs-Flyers

First time proposal;

To Leafs
B.Schenn

To Edmonton
Grabovski

To Philly
Ales Hemsky
Matt Finn
Edm 2nd

Why does each team do this

Toronto: Needs a first line center to play with Kessel. Schenn progressed in last year playoffs and would compliment Kessel. Kadri/Bozak could fill 2 line center.

Edmonton: Have depth at RW but need a defensive 2nd line center, Grabovksi sits that role. Oil dont need more prospects at this stage

Philly: Have tremedous depth at center and having Schenn at 3rd line center will serve as a disservice to him. Flyers are in win now mode and pick up a dynamic RW. Phillys weakness is lack of defense prospects.Finn is projecting to be a top 4 defenseman. They also pick up a 2nd in a deep draft.

Toronto
Out: Matt Finn, Grabovski
In: B. Schenn

Edmonton
Out: Hemsky, 2nd
In: Grabovski

Philly
Out: B. Schenn
In: Hemsky, Finn, 2nd

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:49 PM
  #2
SteenMachine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fenton, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,144
vCash: 500
Seriously doubt they move Schenn for a prospect and not a current top 4 player, especially since Schenn is a top 9 forward.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:49 PM
  #3
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
Probably rather just keep Hemsky. Schenn interests me more than Grabovski

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:50 PM
  #4
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
First time proposal;

To Leafs
B.Schenn

To Edmonton
Grabovski

To Philly
Ales Hemsky
Matt Finn
Edm 2nd

Why does each team do this

Toronto: Needs a first line center to play with Kessel. Schenn progressed in last year playoffs and would compliment Kessel Kadri/Bozak could fill 2 line center.

Edmonton: Have depth at RW but need a defensive 2nd line center, Grabovksi sits that role. Oil dont need more prospects at this stage

Philly: Have tremedous depth at center and have Schenn at 3rd line center will serve as a disservice to him. Flyers are in win now mode and pick up a dynamic RW. Phillys weakness is lack of defense prospects.Finn is projecting to be a top 4 defenseman. They also pick up a 2nd in a deep draft.

Toronto
Out: Matt Finn, Grabovski
In: B. Schenn

Edmonton
Out: Hemsky, 2nd
In: Grabovski

Philly
Out: B. Schenn
In: Hemsky, Finn, 2nd
Pass from the Flyers.

They can just put Briere at RW and play Schenn at C if they care that much about developing him there, but there is a strong chance that his long-term position is LW. Also, he was on the second line last year, not the third.

Read was centering the third line much of the time. He figures to drop outside, and create a spot for Couturier.

Hartnell | Giroux | Voracek
Schenn | Briere | Simmonds
Talbot | Couturier | Read
Fedotenko | Holmstrom | Wellwood

There's really not a lot of incentive there, even as a pure hockey trade. Adding in Hemsky's cap hit and injury concerns, and I don't think the extra pieces make it worthwhile for the Flyers. (That's without even considering that they just acquired Luke, making it unlikely they would ship Brayden out).

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:51 PM
  #5
SteenMachine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fenton, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilFan91 View Post
Probably rather just keep Hemsky. Schenn interests me more than Grabovski
Yeah I have no idea why Toronto is even involved or why they dump a center to get another one.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:53 PM
  #6
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,283
vCash: 5555
I don't think it makes sense for Toronto to drop their only established top-6 C for a potential one.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:54 PM
  #7
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
Yeah I have no idea why Toronto is even involved or why they dump a center to get another one.
They need a 1st line dyanmic center, Grabovski is a protypical defensive center wont work with Kessel. Currently Bozak is the center

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:56 PM
  #8
MessierII
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
No from Edmonton. No interest in grabovski

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 05:41 PM
  #9
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!
 
FishManSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I Bet You Hate T.O
Country: Croatia
Posts: 4,913
vCash: 500
Toronto doesn't do this...

We trade Grabovski for a potential center that we already have in Kadri and we trade Matt Finn? No thanks.

FishManSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 05:45 PM
  #10
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
Toronto doesn't do this...

We trade Grabovski for a potential center that we already have in Kadri and we trade Matt Finn? No thanks.
Setting aside whether dealing Grabovski makes sense in the short-run (I'd assume not, but I'm not a Leaf fan), why do you liken Schenn to Kadri?

It seems to me that they are very, very different kinds of players, and I'm pretty confident that the consensus would be that Schenn is a considerable step ahead of Kadri, no?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 05:45 PM
  #11
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,782
vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
Toronto doesn't do this...

We trade Grabovski for a potential center that we already have in Kadri and we trade Matt Finn? No thanks.
Kadri is nothing like Schenn actually.

I can't see why Philly does this and I have no interest in Grabovski. It helps TO in the long run, but that's about it

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 06:08 PM
  #12
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,860
vCash: 500
Leafs say no....

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 06:12 PM
  #13
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke
 
Bernier the Boats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Absolutely no incentive here for the Flyers. None at all. Don't understand why so many Leaf fans are so keen on acquiring Schenn, he does not fill a need for us. Brayden Schenn will be a good hockey player, but he will never be a franchise cornerstone, 1st line centre (nor does he need to be so long as he is in Philly).

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 06:15 PM
  #14
Inverted
Registered User
 
Inverted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 500
Grabovski + Finn for B.Schenn?

An overpayment from the Leafs IMO, Schenn is not a 1C and wouldn't be much of an upgrade over Grabo.

Leafs say nope!

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 06:17 PM
  #15
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,940
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
How about Edmonton could just give Philly Hemsky, something better than Fin and a 2nd for Schenn?

Oh, wait. Philly would have no interest.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 06:18 PM
  #16
Drew311
Catch The Taste
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,877
vCash: 500
When did Schenn stop being considered an untouchable god on here? It's about time.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 06:32 PM
  #17
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,844
vCash: 50
we have Sam Gagner plus we need Hemsky to set up our snipers. Don't be getting penalties on Edmonton these days.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:44 PM
  #18
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilFan91 View Post
Probably rather just keep Hemsky. Schenn interests me more than Grabovski
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
No from Edmonton. No interest in grabovski
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
we have Sam Gagner plus we need Hemsky to set up our snipers. Don't be getting penalties on Edmonton these days.
I can't believe there are this many Edmonton fans that wouldn't trade Hemsky and a 2nd for Grabo

Toronto says no to this deal fairly easily.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:46 PM
  #19
laundryman
Registered User
 
laundryman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post

Philly: Have tremedous depth at center and having Schenn at 3rd line center will serve as a disservice to him. Flyers are in win now mode and pick up a dynamic RW. Phillys weakness is lack of defense prospects.Finn is projecting to be a top 4 defenseman. They also pick up a 2nd in a deep draft.
Schenn will be on the 2nd line this year. Flyers don't have much interest in moving him. I'd only move Schenn for a guy with Top 2 upside, not Top 4. We have plenty of Top 3-6 guys.

Value is close otherwise. Polite no from the Flyers imo.

laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:17 PM
  #20
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.
 
Mystifo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: YYT
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,740
vCash: 500
I feel like the days of B Schenn to Toronto are over now with Luke in Philly. We should instead start looking towards picking up a Brayden Schenn like player in the draft. Monahan or Barkov.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:32 PM
  #21
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!
 
FishManSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I Bet You Hate T.O
Country: Croatia
Posts: 4,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Setting aside whether dealing Grabovski makes sense in the short-run (I'd assume not, but I'm not a Leaf fan), why do you liken Schenn to Kadri?

It seems to me that they are very, very different kinds of players, and I'm pretty confident that the consensus would be that Schenn is a considerable step ahead of Kadri, no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Kadri is nothing like Schenn actually.

I can't see why Philly does this and I have no interest in Grabovski. It helps TO in the long run, but that's about it
Their gamestyles are not similar, but they're production, age and potential is very similar.

Both produce around the same pace at the NHL level, only difference is Kadri's a bust because he's a Leaf and Schenn is the best, because he's not.

FishManSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:35 PM
  #22
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,591
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
Their gamestyles are not similar, but they're production, age and potential is very similar.

Both produce around the same pace at the NHL level, only difference is Kadri's a bust because he's a Leaf and Schenn is the best, because he's not.
You seem to be dismissing the gamestyle as irrelevant, but it isn't. It might be one of the single most important factors in picking Schenn over Kadri(or vice versa).

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:40 PM
  #23
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,514
vCash: 500
The click you heard was Homer hanging up.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:42 PM
  #24
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,940
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
I can't believe there are this many Edmonton fans that wouldn't trade Hemsky and a 2nd for Grabo

Toronto says no to this deal fairly easily.
Well

#1: Hemsky has only 2 years on his contract. 1 if this season is written off.
#2: Hemsky will have a lot of snipers to feed next year
#3: I hate Grabo's contract
#4: I'd rather get Schenn.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:55 PM
  #25
Flyerfan52
Registered User
 
Flyerfan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
Their gamestyles are not similar, but they're production, age and potential is very similar.

Both produce around the same pace at the NHL level, only difference is Kadri's a bust because he's a Leaf and Schenn is the best, because he's not.
The fact Kadri can't crack a weak Leafs offense doesn't enter the equation? Nor the fact Brayden played more games (playoffs excluded) last year then Kadri has played in his career?

There are homers but you are a bit extreme.

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.