HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Amnesty Buyouts

Old
11-08-2012, 08:23 AM
DLJB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
Unless he comes back he doesn't cost anything and doesn't effect the cap.

agreed! Pronger won't come back and can stay on LTIR. someone else comes to mind. The 3rd string goalie for CSKA Moscow....

DLJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLJB View Post
agreed! Pronger won't come back and can stay on LTIR. someone else comes to mind. The 3rd string goalie for CSKA Moscow....
If there is an amnesty you can bet that it will be Pronger. Who do you replace Bryzgalov with? The guy was fine for the flyers after the all-star break, breaking the shutout record for the club. While he had a terrible series against the penguins, we still beat the penguins for the first time in the crosby era. He was also the only player to show up against new jersey.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:28 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Bryzgalov Bryzgalov Bryzgalov. There is no point in Amnestying Pronger. Why would we do that? We have to pay him anyway, but at least he wont count against the cap for the next eleventy years. We can get mediocre goaltending out of michael leighton at an 1/8th of the cap hit. Even he can get hot for one month like March Bryz. The answer for the Flyers is easy

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:55 PM
SupermanPahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
How embarrassing (and thus unlikely) would it be to sign a guy and buy him out before he ever plays a game for you?
Not as embarrassing as signing him in the first place to that godawful contract.

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:08 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLJB View Post
Is it for sure that he's finished? All this down time to to recover and he still can't play?

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:11 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergForever View Post
Is it for sure that he's finished? All this down time to to recover and he still can't play?
Still having headahes and dizziness usual PCS effects. I don't think he can even drive yet.

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

I could totally see Stajan being bought out only if we are up hard against the cap. If not him, Babchuk.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:35 PM
TOGuy14

Leafs would do Komi possibly, since his contract lasts this season and next, but the rest of the useless guys like Lombardi and Connolly are done after this season anyway.

Leafs don't have much in the way of bad deals, Burke has been very reserved on the UFA market, and it might put us in a good spot going forward if the cap drops significantly.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:46 PM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Leafs would do Komi possibly, since his contract lasts this season and next, but the rest of the useless guys like Lombardi and Connolly are done after this season anyway.

Leafs don't have much in the way of bad deals, Burke has been very reserved on the UFA market, and it might put us in a good spot going forward if the cap drops significantly.
the problem is as much as komisarek hasnt performed well we dont really have much to replace him with. we especially dont have anything with any sort of grit. personally, id like to see how he does in carlyles system first to see if he can become a useful player again.

gabeliscious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:51 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Nashville trades for a player to amnesty from a team who wishes to do it for 2 players and amnesties that contract.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I don't see any Devils either.

Maybe Volchenkov, but that's only if the cap drops dramatically.
Well Volch is injured right now so you may get away scott free for that contact. Then again I have not heard anything else about the guy so he may be fine now if so how about we trade Komo for Volch and then you buy him out? Save some money?

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Before he plays 1 game. Good choice.

You would waste our ONE TIME amnesty buyout of him instead of a longterm ****** contract?
Anaheim is never going to need to use it on a ******** long-term contract, so what's the point?

Yes, I'd use it on Souray. That was a terrible contract. Anaheim just isn't a team that has great use for an amnesty buyout.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
How embarrassing (and thus unlikely) would it be to sign a guy and buy him out before he ever plays a game for you?
Less embarassing than the actual signing, or how Murray will look when Souray isn't even able to have 3 healthy seasons.

I didn't say it would happen. I said that's who I would use it on. Of course Murray would never do it, because it makes him look the fool.

Old
11-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Wang has a heart or at least I think he does so he'll do the right thing and buyout Ricky. Of course he won't be happy that he can't use that cap hit anymore and circumvent the cap, but it's time to put the horse down. He's an Isle for life anyway.
Yep, Wang should pull the trigger on this one.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Mr Sakich

what if the cap is reduced from 70 mill to 60 mill with the owners using amnesty buyouts / trades to get there? It would not be unfair as teasm were warned this may be a possibility.

That would completely change this conversation as 10 or more teams will be forced into a buyout. Some more than just one.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Tom Poti

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 06:10 PM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
if they do the amnesty clause it probably wouldn't take place till next off-season as training camps will probably only be a week long and will start within a couple of days of the new CBA being signed, thats not really enough time for a player who got bought out to find a new place to play. so I believe it will not be allowed till after this season if at all.

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Anaheim is never going to need to use it on a ******** long-term contract, so what's the point?

Yes, I'd use it on Souray. That was a terrible contract. Anaheim just isn't a team that has great use for an amnesty buyout.
This is easily the dumbest thing I have heard you say. We probably wont use it, so lets just waste thre money before he even plays a game. You think Henry is going to like the fact that he just wasted 11 million dollars without the guy even suiting up?

Talk about making a mistake a disaster

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:35 PM
CTU2fan

I think it would be Pronger. Yes he's on LTIR, but while he can be on LTIR and not count towards our cap he has to be activated on opening day forcing the Flyers to paper-move somebody waiver-exempt down to the A for a day. Also it prevents the Flyers from banking any cap space, which they'd be able to do if his contract was bought out vs. still on our roster and on LTIR. Also there's the 50-contract rule - assuming all these things are unchanged in the new CBA of course.

I know people will say Bryzgalov, but it's wayyyyy too early in that deal to just write a check and cut him. No way they eat all that. Now if you could save the amnesty through the length of the deal, and Bryz is horrible 3-4 years into the deal, well then it's a possibility. But if they used it now it's Pronger.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:53 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Assuming the bought out player can be re-signed (that's how it worked in 2005 wasn't it?) I think the Wild would buy out and re-sign Heatley to a smaller contract. They certainly still want him on the team, but that $7.5MM is just too much, especially since he's only being paid $6MM this year and $5MM next year in real dollars.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
This is easily the dumbest thing I have heard you say. We probably wont use it, so lets just waste thre money before he even plays a game. You think Henry is going to like the fact that he just wasted 11 million dollars without the guy even suiting up?

Talk about making a mistake a disaster
Last I checked this thread was pure speculation. If I was going to use it, that's who I would use it on. That signing never should have been made on those terms, so yes. If I was going to use it in Anaheim, that's who comes to mind.

I could further explain why, such as possibly giving Lindholm an opportunity in the NHL, or replacing Souray's PP spot with Vatanen, but I get the feeling you don't really care, and are just looking at an opportunity to take a shot.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Exit Dose

If we do sign Getzlaf and Perry, I'd hope he has the foresight to hold onto that amnesty buyout.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:17 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

how do injuries factor in a buyout? If so, Pierre-Marc Bouchard (as much as I like him) would be the obvious target. Depending on how much money we had to get rid of I could see Cullen or (reluctantly) Backstrom going as well.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:39 PM
forgeSHIELD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Grey View Post
Paul Martin?

But I doubt it. Unless the cap goes down exponentially.
Yeah, ditching Martin would put a lot of young guys on defense as well as put a lot of pressure on Fleury to be fantastic. That said, if anyone goes on the chopping block, it's his head first

forgeSHIELD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 12:01 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergForever View Post
Even if Pronger does come back. You have to imagine despite his condition. He's better than Bryz. One has to wonder if this Amnesty Buyout came up again because the PA hopes to bribe a few owners with it. And Philly's is one of them.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote