HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season

vCash: 805
Won't there be a large turnover this season for the Crunch? There are a few players from juniors that are ready to make the jump, and I would say that players like Hutchings and Gauthier are ready to play full time in the AHL. I also think if the Lightning are sellers this season (as it's looking like it will be) that Yzerman will sell off players like Hall, Thompson, Crombeen, Malone, Brewer, and possibly Lee. Other than Panik for Malone, and Gudas/Barberio/Korobov to replace any defensive turnover, Johnson as a 3C, are there NHL ready replacements to replace the players which will leave TBL?

Old
03-11-2013, 02:07 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 500
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...act-perry.html

Quote:
Alex Killorn told a great story last week. As the Lightning returned from their last road trip, Steve Yzerman sent director of team services Ryan Belec to bring Killorn to the front of the plane. The GM had great news -- get a place, you're staying with the club. The message was delayed for a few minutes, though, as Killorn disappeared. What happened? "I was looking for gum," Killorn said. "I was worried my breath was bad."

Also though St. Louis may not count as prospect anymore..

Quote:
12. Tampa Bay's Cory Conacher on his idol (and teammate), Martin St. Louis: "He's still developing... He watches more video than the whole team does. He's the last one on the ice after practice. He cares about hockey, cares about winning, cares about his teammates.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior4321 View Post
Won't there be a large turnover this season for the Crunch? There are a few players from juniors that are ready to make the jump, and I would say that players like Hutchings and Gauthier are ready to play full time in the AHL. I also think if the Lightning are sellers this season (as it's looking like it will be) that Yzerman will sell off players like Hall, Thompson, Crombeen, Malone, Brewer, and possibly Lee. Other than Panik for Malone, and Gudas/Barberio/Korobov to replace any defensive turnover, Johnson as a 3C, are there NHL ready replacements to replace the players which will leave TBL?
Think Connolly is ready for the jump now, add that with Panik and I think we are pretty good as far as finding replacements go. Wyman and Angelidis can fill in on the bottom lines if needed as well. Kucherov will be joining the AHL ranks, as with Gauthier and perhaps a couple of others. So while we are raiding the Crunch next season, we won't be leaving them with nothing as well. They will have a huge game breaker most likely in Kucherov.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Think Connolly is ready for the jump now, add that with Panik and I think we are pretty good as far as finding replacements go. Wyman and Angelidis can fill in on the bottom lines if needed as well. Kucherov will be joining the AHL ranks, as with Gauthier and perhaps a couple of others. So while we are raiding the Crunch next season, we won't be leaving them with nothing as well. They will have a huge game breaker most likely in Kucherov.
I expect a solid season next year. Not good enough to be a contender, but with Richard, Sergeev, Kucherov, Gauthier, Paquette and maybe some of the russians ( Vasi, Nesterov, Gusev) and maybe another FA signing this should be a solid playoff team again.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:46 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
I think we hold onto Thompson, I'm not the biggest fan but Boucher loves him, he's an ok 3/4th liner. Not sure Johnson will be the 3C just yet, he still needs to earn it but I hope he gets it. Connolly should be up also. We really don't have 3/4th line guys like Hall and Crombeen but they aren't usually hard to find.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I think we hold onto Thompson, I'm not the biggest fan but Boucher loves him, he's an ok 3/4th liner. Not sure Johnson will be the 3C just yet, he still needs to earn it but I hope he gets it. Connolly should be up also. We really don't have 3/4th line guys like Hall and Crombeen but they aren't usually hard to find.
Do we have players in other development leagues that can fit in the 3rd/4th lines? I think Tanner Richard is a gritty player who would fit into the 3rd line.

Old
03-11-2013, 05:48 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Do we have players in other development leagues that can fit in the 3rd/4th lines? I think Tanner Richard is a gritty player who would fit into the 3rd line.
I think Paquette has a future as a bottom-6 forward for us

Old
03-11-2013, 10:52 PM
TBLHoser

So when are the NCAA FA's allowed to be signed by the NHL? Hopefully they can pick up either DeKeyser or Sustr.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:41 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
So when are the NCAA FA's allowed to be signed by the NHL? Hopefully they can pick up either DeKeyser or Sustr.
When their season is over. Some can be signed already if I'm not mistaken.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:54 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

I think we have a better shot at DeKeyser than most people think... but I still wouldn't count on it.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:40 AM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
I think we have a better shot at DeKeyser than most people think... but I still wouldn't count on it.
That's a name I recognize. Didn't Yzerman talk to him last year or something?

Old
03-12-2013, 01:21 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
That's a name I recognize. Didn't Yzerman talk to him last year or something?
Most teams talked to him last year, I think. He might get offers from all teams, like Schultz. Tampa was one of the possible rumored destinations.. but you never know. Stevie Y is his boyhood idol, though.. that can't hurt.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:01 PM
InjuredChoker

NHL scouts re--rank last years draft.

Quote:
1. Nail Yakupov, RW (actually taken 1st by Edmonton)
2. Alex Galchenyuk, C (taken 3rd by Montreal)
3. Ryan Murray, D (taken 2nd by Columbus)
4. Jacob Trouba, D (taken 9th by Winnipeg)
5. Hampus Lindholm, D (taken 6th by Anaheim)
6. Mikhail Grigorenko, C (taken 12th by Buffalo)
7. Morgan Rielly, D (taken 5th by Toronto)
8. Filip Forsberg, RW (taken 11th by Washington)
9. Griffin Reinhart, D (taken 4th by NY Islanders)
10. Andrey Vasilevski, G (taken 19th by Tampa Bay)
11. Teuvo Teravainen, C (taken 18th by Chicago)
12. Scott Laughton, C (taken 20th by Philadelphia)
13. Tomas Hertl, C (taken 17th by San Jose)
14. Olli Maatta, D (taken 22nd by Pittsburgh)
15. Derrick Pouliot, D (taken 8th by Pittsburgh)
16. Malcolm Subban, G (taken 24th by Boston)
17. Mathew Dumba, D (taken 7th by Minnesota)
18. Zemgus Girgensons, C (taken 14th by Buffalo)
19. Radek Faksa, C (taken 13th by Dallas)
20. Tom Wilson, RW (taken 16th by Washington)
21. Stefan Matteau, C (taken 29th by New Jersey)
22. Mike Matheson, D (taken 23rd by Florida)
23. Oscar Dansk, G (taken 31st by Columbus)
24. Henrik Samuelsson, C (taken 27th by Phoenix
25. Mark Jankowski, C (taken 21st by Calgary)
Koekkoek didn't make the top 50 of Hockey news Future Watch were this list is from. Injury ruined season is probably why.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
NHL scouts re--rank last years draft.

Koekkoek didn't make the top 50 of Hockey news Future Watch were this list is from. Injury ruined season is probably why.
Let's face it, Koekkoek wasn't a sexy pick even before the injury. He may end up really good if developed right, but I get the feeling he's going to bust. Obviously it's way too early to tell, but that's just my gut.

Vasilevski may be the best value pick in the first round, though.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:48 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Let's face it, Koekkoek wasn't a sexy pick even before the injury. He may end up really good if developed right, but I get the feeling he's going to bust. Obviously it's way too early to tell, but that's just my gut.

Bust, wow you have little faith. I think he may not be a top 2 D but I can see him as a Carle with better D and shot.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:07 PM
CC321

Koekkoek is a lot more physical than Carle also.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post

His play before he got injured this year was a good improvement over previous years. If he can stop being injured and if developed properly, Koekkoek can be a solid Top 2 defenceman paired with Hedman for years to come.

Old
03-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Like I said, it's a gut feeling. I hope the kid does well, but he's going to be a project and he just lost most of an important season for his development.

And no way is he going to be on our top-pairing over Hedman-Jones. That's just silly.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:23 PM
MattM92

Quote:
His play before he got injured this year was a good improvement over previous years. If he can stop being injured and if developed properly, Koekkoek can be a solid Top 2 defenceman paired with Hedman for years to come.
I'm not going to say I watched his games because that would be a lie, but I just don't see him as a top 2 NHL defenseman. Unless he develops REALLY well, I think he'll be a good 2nd pairing guy that can play on the PP.

Old
03-14-2013, 12:48 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://www.wmubroncos.com/ViewArticl...CLID=206745861
Quote:
The Western Michigan hockey team landed three on the Central Collegiate Hockey Association All-Conference list, with Dan DeKeyser, Luke Witkowski and Frank Slubowski all being honored.
Quote:
Slubowski (Prince Rupert, B.C./Alberni Valley Bulldogs, BCHL) and Witkowski (Holland, Mich./Fargo Force, USHL) both earned Second Team All-CCHA honors for the first time in their careers. Witkowski partnered with DeKeyser on the blue line to help shutdown opponents and led the Broncos with 53 blocked shots in the regular season. The senior captain tallied 10 points on two goals and eight assists.

Old
03-14-2013, 07:29 AM
zeykshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC321 View Post
Koekkoek is a lot more physical than Carle also.
The Snuggle Bear is more physical than Carle.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:50 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

I'm not 100% sure Connolly is ready. I want to see him replicate his production from this season for at least a small sample next season. I also think Panik will be the first one chosen of the two for a roster spot, but his consistency will dictate where he goes.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:58 AM
Allaboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
I'm not 100% sure Connolly is ready. I want to see him replicate his production from this season for at least a small sample next season. I also think Panik will be the first one chosen of the two for a roster spot, but his consistency will dictate where he goes.
I know what your saying but if Connolly is not ready, I don't see how Panik is ? He is still inconsistent , but what a talent.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:31 AM
2 Weekes Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
I'd be really curious to see if we can sign DeKeyser to pair with Witkowski. Imagine a defensive pairing that knows how to skate with each other. The stuff of legends!

Old
03-14-2013, 10:36 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
I know what your saying but if Connolly is not ready, I don't see how Panik is ? He is still inconsistent , but what a talent.
Had a nice deep playoff run with the Crunch, was able to replicate his success. I know he battles his game to game consistency at times but its a little overblown at this point, I think.

Closed Thread