HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2013, 09:01 AM
  #926
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season
 
Steve Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 805
Won't there be a large turnover this season for the Crunch? There are a few players from juniors that are ready to make the jump, and I would say that players like Hutchings and Gauthier are ready to play full time in the AHL. I also think if the Lightning are sellers this season (as it's looking like it will be) that Yzerman will sell off players like Hall, Thompson, Crombeen, Malone, Brewer, and possibly Lee. Other than Panik for Malone, and Gudas/Barberio/Korobov to replace any defensive turnover, Johnson as a 3C, are there NHL ready replacements to replace the players which will leave TBL?

Steve Yzerman is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 02:07 PM
  #927
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,098
vCash: 500
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...act-perry.html

Quote:
Alex Killorn told a great story last week. As the Lightning returned from their last road trip, Steve Yzerman sent director of team services Ryan Belec to bring Killorn to the front of the plane. The GM had great news -- get a place, you're staying with the club. The message was delayed for a few minutes, though, as Killorn disappeared. What happened? "I was looking for gum," Killorn said. "I was worried my breath was bad."


Also though St. Louis may not count as prospect anymore..

Quote:
12. Tampa Bay's Cory Conacher on his idol (and teammate), Martin St. Louis: "He's still developing... He watches more video than the whole team does. He's the last one on the ice after practice. He cares about hockey, cares about winning, cares about his teammates.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 04:36 PM
  #928
Bolt32
Registered User
 
Bolt32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior4321 View Post
Won't there be a large turnover this season for the Crunch? There are a few players from juniors that are ready to make the jump, and I would say that players like Hutchings and Gauthier are ready to play full time in the AHL. I also think if the Lightning are sellers this season (as it's looking like it will be) that Yzerman will sell off players like Hall, Thompson, Crombeen, Malone, Brewer, and possibly Lee. Other than Panik for Malone, and Gudas/Barberio/Korobov to replace any defensive turnover, Johnson as a 3C, are there NHL ready replacements to replace the players which will leave TBL?
Think Connolly is ready for the jump now, add that with Panik and I think we are pretty good as far as finding replacements go. Wyman and Angelidis can fill in on the bottom lines if needed as well. Kucherov will be joining the AHL ranks, as with Gauthier and perhaps a couple of others. So while we are raiding the Crunch next season, we won't be leaving them with nothing as well. They will have a huge game breaker most likely in Kucherov.

Bolt32 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 04:40 PM
  #929
Jacko95
Registered User
 
Jacko95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Think Connolly is ready for the jump now, add that with Panik and I think we are pretty good as far as finding replacements go. Wyman and Angelidis can fill in on the bottom lines if needed as well. Kucherov will be joining the AHL ranks, as with Gauthier and perhaps a couple of others. So while we are raiding the Crunch next season, we won't be leaving them with nothing as well. They will have a huge game breaker most likely in Kucherov.
I expect a solid season next year. Not good enough to be a contender, but with Richard, Sergeev, Kucherov, Gauthier, Paquette and maybe some of the russians ( Vasi, Nesterov, Gusev) and maybe another FA signing this should be a solid playoff team again.

Jacko95 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 04:46 PM
  #930
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior4321 View Post
Won't there be a large turnover this season for the Crunch? There are a few players from juniors that are ready to make the jump, and I would say that players like Hutchings and Gauthier are ready to play full time in the AHL. I also think if the Lightning are sellers this season (as it's looking like it will be) that Yzerman will sell off players like Hall, Thompson, Crombeen, Malone, Brewer, and possibly Lee. Other than Panik for Malone, and Gudas/Barberio/Korobov to replace any defensive turnover, Johnson as a 3C, are there NHL ready replacements to replace the players which will leave TBL?
I think we hold onto Thompson, I'm not the biggest fan but Boucher loves him, he's an ok 3/4th liner. Not sure Johnson will be the 3C just yet, he still needs to earn it but I hope he gets it. Connolly should be up also. We really don't have 3/4th line guys like Hall and Crombeen but they aren't usually hard to find.

HoseEmDown is online now  
Old
03-11-2013, 05:44 PM
  #931
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season
 
Steve Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I think we hold onto Thompson, I'm not the biggest fan but Boucher loves him, he's an ok 3/4th liner. Not sure Johnson will be the 3C just yet, he still needs to earn it but I hope he gets it. Connolly should be up also. We really don't have 3/4th line guys like Hall and Crombeen but they aren't usually hard to find.
Do we have players in other development leagues that can fit in the 3rd/4th lines? I think Tanner Richard is a gritty player who would fit into the 3rd line.

Steve Yzerman is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 05:48 PM
  #932
MattM92
Registered User
 
MattM92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior4321 View Post
Do we have players in other development leagues that can fit in the 3rd/4th lines? I think Tanner Richard is a gritty player who would fit into the 3rd line.
I think Paquette has a future as a bottom-6 forward for us

MattM92 is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 10:52 PM
  #933
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
So when are the NCAA FA's allowed to be signed by the NHL? Hopefully they can pick up either DeKeyser or Sustr.

TBLHoser is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 02:41 AM
  #934
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
So when are the NCAA FA's allowed to be signed by the NHL? Hopefully they can pick up either DeKeyser or Sustr.
When their season is over. Some can be signed already if I'm not mistaken.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 09:54 AM
  #935
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,043
vCash: 500
I think we have a better shot at DeKeyser than most people think... but I still wouldn't count on it.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 10:40 AM
  #936
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine
 
The YzerJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: location location
Country: United States
Posts: 4,566
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
I think we have a better shot at DeKeyser than most people think... but I still wouldn't count on it.
That's a name I recognize. Didn't Yzerman talk to him last year or something?

The YzerJesus is online now  
Old
03-12-2013, 01:21 PM
  #937
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
That's a name I recognize. Didn't Yzerman talk to him last year or something?
Most teams talked to him last year, I think. He might get offers from all teams, like Schultz. Tampa was one of the possible rumored destinations.. but you never know. Stevie Y is his boyhood idol, though.. that can't hurt.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 05:01 PM
  #938
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,098
vCash: 500
NHL scouts re--rank last years draft.

Quote:
1. Nail Yakupov, RW (actually taken 1st by Edmonton)
2. Alex Galchenyuk, C (taken 3rd by Montreal)
3. Ryan Murray, D (taken 2nd by Columbus)
4. Jacob Trouba, D (taken 9th by Winnipeg)
5. Hampus Lindholm, D (taken 6th by Anaheim)
6. Mikhail Grigorenko, C (taken 12th by Buffalo)
7. Morgan Rielly, D (taken 5th by Toronto)
8. Filip Forsberg, RW (taken 11th by Washington)
9. Griffin Reinhart, D (taken 4th by NY Islanders)
10. Andrey Vasilevski, G (taken 19th by Tampa Bay)
11. Teuvo Teravainen, C (taken 18th by Chicago)
12. Scott Laughton, C (taken 20th by Philadelphia)
13. Tomas Hertl, C (taken 17th by San Jose)
14. Olli Maatta, D (taken 22nd by Pittsburgh)
15. Derrick Pouliot, D (taken 8th by Pittsburgh)
16. Malcolm Subban, G (taken 24th by Boston)
17. Mathew Dumba, D (taken 7th by Minnesota)
18. Zemgus Girgensons, C (taken 14th by Buffalo)
19. Radek Faksa, C (taken 13th by Dallas)
20. Tom Wilson, RW (taken 16th by Washington)
21. Stefan Matteau, C (taken 29th by New Jersey)
22. Mike Matheson, D (taken 23rd by Florida)
23. Oscar Dansk, G (taken 31st by Columbus)
24. Henrik Samuelsson, C (taken 27th by Phoenix
25. Mark Jankowski, C (taken 21st by Calgary)
Koekkoek didn't make the top 50 of Hockey news Future Watch were this list is from. Injury ruined season is probably why.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 06:07 PM
  #939
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan
 
Follower of Yzlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,668
vCash: 1159
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
NHL scouts re--rank last years draft.



Koekkoek didn't make the top 50 of Hockey news Future Watch were this list is from. Injury ruined season is probably why.
Let's face it, Koekkoek wasn't a sexy pick even before the injury. He may end up really good if developed right, but I get the feeling he's going to bust. Obviously it's way too early to tell, but that's just my gut.

Vasilevski may be the best value pick in the first round, though.

Follower of Yzlam is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 06:48 PM
  #940
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Let's face it, Koekkoek wasn't a sexy pick even before the injury. He may end up really good if developed right, but I get the feeling he's going to bust. Obviously it's way too early to tell, but that's just my gut.

Vasilevski may be the best value pick in the first round, though.
Bust, wow you have little faith. I think he may not be a top 2 D but I can see him as a Carle with better D and shot.

HoseEmDown is online now  
Old
03-12-2013, 07:07 PM
  #941
CC321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 686
vCash: 500
Koekkoek is a lot more physical than Carle also.

CC321 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 07:38 PM
  #942
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season
 
Steve Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Let's face it, Koekkoek wasn't a sexy pick even before the injury. He may end up really good if developed right, but I get the feeling he's going to bust. Obviously it's way too early to tell, but that's just my gut.

Vasilevski may be the best value pick in the first round, though.
His play before he got injured this year was a good improvement over previous years. If he can stop being injured and if developed properly, Koekkoek can be a solid Top 2 defenceman paired with Hedman for years to come.

Steve Yzerman is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 08:18 PM
  #943
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan
 
Follower of Yzlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,668
vCash: 1159
Like I said, it's a gut feeling. I hope the kid does well, but he's going to be a project and he just lost most of an important season for his development.

And no way is he going to be on our top-pairing over Hedman-Jones. That's just silly.

Follower of Yzlam is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 09:23 PM
  #944
MattM92
Registered User
 
MattM92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior4321 View Post
His play before he got injured this year was a good improvement over previous years. If he can stop being injured and if developed properly, Koekkoek can be a solid Top 2 defenceman paired with Hedman for years to come.
I'm not going to say I watched his games because that would be a lie, but I just don't see him as a top 2 NHL defenseman. Unless he develops REALLY well, I think he'll be a good 2nd pairing guy that can play on the PP.

MattM92 is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:48 AM
  #945
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 16,583
vCash: 500
http://www.wmubroncos.com/ViewArticl...CLID=206745861
Quote:
The Western Michigan hockey team landed three on the Central Collegiate Hockey Association All-Conference list, with Dan DeKeyser, Luke Witkowski and Frank Slubowski all being honored.
Quote:
Slubowski (Prince Rupert, B.C./Alberni Valley Bulldogs, BCHL) and Witkowski (Holland, Mich./Fargo Force, USHL) both earned Second Team All-CCHA honors for the first time in their careers. Witkowski partnered with DeKeyser on the blue line to help shutdown opponents and led the Broncos with 53 blocked shots in the regular season. The senior captain tallied 10 points on two goals and eight assists.

__________________
VL4ever
"It's still All In to me dammit." - Felonious Python
TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 07:29 AM
  #946
zeykshade
Registered User
 
zeykshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 5,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC321 View Post
Koekkoek is a lot more physical than Carle also.
The Snuggle Bear is more physical than Carle.

zeykshade is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 08:50 AM
  #947
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,043
vCash: 500
I'm not 100% sure Connolly is ready. I want to see him replicate his production from this season for at least a small sample next season. I also think Panik will be the first one chosen of the two for a roster spot, but his consistency will dictate where he goes.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 09:58 AM
  #948
Allaboard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
I'm not 100% sure Connolly is ready. I want to see him replicate his production from this season for at least a small sample next season. I also think Panik will be the first one chosen of the two for a roster spot, but his consistency will dictate where he goes.
I know what your saying but if Connolly is not ready, I don't see how Panik is ? He is still inconsistent , but what a talent.

Allaboard is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 10:31 AM
  #949
2 Weekes Notice
Registered User
 
2 Weekes Notice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Non-traditional Land
Posts: 861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
I'd be really curious to see if we can sign DeKeyser to pair with Witkowski. Imagine a defensive pairing that knows how to skate with each other. The stuff of legends!

2 Weekes Notice is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 10:36 AM
  #950
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
I know what your saying but if Connolly is not ready, I don't see how Panik is ? He is still inconsistent , but what a talent.
Had a nice deep playoff run with the Crunch, was able to replicate his success. I know he battles his game to game consistency at times but its a little overblown at this point, I think.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.