HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2013, 10:39 AM
zeykshade

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Had a nice deep playoff run with the Crunch, was able to replicate his success. I know he battles his game to game consistency at times but its a little overblown at this point, I think.
It is. Connolly is consistently visible with the Crunch and often looks like he's a play or two ahead of those around him in how he sees the game. I think his issue will always be confidence and the way his face looks. I know it sounds stupid, but he looks like he doesn't give a ****, even when he really does. In the era of HD broadcasts, it can make it look like he's not trying/caring.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:49 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
It is. Connolly is consistently visible with the Crunch and often looks like he's a play or two ahead of those around him in how he sees the game. I think his issue will always be confidence and the way his face looks. I know it sounds stupid, but he looks like he doesn't give a ****, even when he really does. In the era of HD broadcasts, it can make it look like he's not trying/caring.
Eh, I don't put much stock in his face, just what he does along the wall and in the corners. That was always my biggest knock for him.

Who am I kidding? Hes just not beautiful enough for the NHL.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:00 AM
zeykshade

Quote:
Eh, I don't put much stock in his face, just what he does along the wall and in the corners. That was always my biggest knock for him.

Who am I kidding? Hes just not beautiful enough for the NHL.
Hehe, not what I meant. It's more about the perception fans have from his facial expression. He's got "abject apathy" down to an art form.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:06 AM
Allaboard

Quote:
Had a nice deep playoff run with the Crunch, was able to replicate his success. I know he battles his game to game consistency at times but its a little overblown at this point, I think.
Can't even argue with you he is coming along, just my preference at this point would still be Connolly. Nice problem to have.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:32 AM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter

Old
03-14-2013, 12:43 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
Can't even argue with you he is coming along, just my preference at this point would still be Connolly. Nice problem to have.
Oh its a beautiful thing. For the first time. Like, ever.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:43 PM
crunchrulz

Starting a stretch of five at home tomorrow against Norfolk. With the addition of P3L by Norfolk, and the call up of several top scorers from both teams, looking for a tough, hard checking affair tomorrow.
16 games left with ten of those at home. 100 points is realistic, which may be enough to win the regular season title for the first time in franchise history. Binghamton is just one point back with games in hand, so we will have to wait and see.
As for Coach Cooper, it would be a HUGE error for the organization to let him go. His hockey instincts and knowledge are far and away the best we have seen in Syracuse. He knows how to motivate the players, and when to let his veteran leadership do the job. Is going to make someone a fine NHL coach, I can only hope it is the Bolts.
If you opt to bring up Korobov, pair him wih Gudas. I know it is highly unusual to have two rookies paired together, but they work well together and have "second sense" of what the other is going to do.
Barbario is awesome offensively. His defensive skills are good enough that he is not going to cause fans to cringe when he is on the ice (ie every time Oberg takes a shift). He has been paired with Cote of late, creating a solid pairing.
This weekend will be interesting with the call ups to see which Crunch team comes to play. Between the coaching staff and the leadership of Angelidis, Cote, and Barberio; we should be just fine.

Old
03-15-2013, 08:58 AM
HoseEmDown

Anyone know of which prospects we need to still sign this off-season or lose their rights? It seems liie most of our CHL players will be in the playoffs and Witkowski also, anybody a possibility for an ATO?

Old
03-15-2013, 09:40 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Gudas, Aulie, Labrie, Brown, Taormina, Mikkelson, Wyman, Hutchings, Barberio, Nagle, Oberg, Angelidis

Old
03-15-2013, 11:02 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Gudas, Aulie, Labrie, Brown, Taormina, Mikkelson, Wyman, Hutchings, Barberio, Nagle, Oberg, Angelidis
I was referring to unsigned draft prospects not ones already playing for us. I can see those on capgeek, I don't know a site to look up those.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Jacko95

We must offer something to Nesterov and Peca, otherwise I don't think any prospect needs to get a qualifying offer.

If Nesterov wants to come over for next season, I could see him signing a ATO as soon, as soon as his team is out of the playoffs, but they will play for at least one more round.
Otherwise, Richard, Paquette, Sergeev will join if they finished the playoffs, as well as Witkowski and I pray to get DeKeyser.
With all they guys up in Tampa I expect us to sign one or two NCAA seniors to ATOs and look to find a diamond nobody stole before

Old
03-15-2013, 12:30 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
We must offer something to Nesterov and Peca, otherwise I don't think any prospect needs to get a qualifying offer.

If Nesterov wants to come over for next season, I could see him signing a ATO as soon, as soon as his team is out of the playoffs, but they will play for at least one more round.
Otherwise, Richard, Paquette, Sergeev will join if they finished the playoffs, as well as Witkowski and I pray to get DeKeyser.
With all they guys up in Tampa I expect us to sign one or two NCAA seniors to ATOs and look to find a diamond nobody stole before
Peca's only a sophomore so we shouldn't have to do anything with him yet. I'm not up on the CBA but I thought we hold Europeans rights for at least 4 years? Witkowski is the only one who needs a contract out of the others but as an ATO he doesn't take a contract spot yet.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season

vCash: 805
Quote:
Gudas, Aulie, Labrie, Brown, Hutchings, Barberio are locks to be re-signed right? I would think one of Taormina or Mikkelson will be resigned, and Nagle, Oberg, Angelidis, and Wyman will be let go.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:51 PM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior4321 View Post
Gudas, Aulie, Labrie, Brown, Hutchings, Barberio are locks to be re-signed right? I would think one of Taormina or Mikkelson will be resigned, and Nagle, Oberg, Angelidis, and Wyman will be let go.
I'd say Hutchings will be let go, hasn't done enough to warrant a new contract.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:52 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Peca's only a sophomore so we shouldn't have to do anything with him yet. I'm not up on the CBA but I thought we hold Europeans rights for at least 4 years? Witkowski is the only one who needs a contract out of the others but as an ATO he doesn't take a contract spot yet.
I don't know what the new CBA says, I thought we held euros rights indefinetly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior4321 View Post
Don't know if i'd include Hutchings on that list. The rest, absolutely. I'd imagine Taormina, Mikk, Angelidis would be, too.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
I don't know what the new CBA says, I thought we held euros rights indefinetly.

Don't know if i'd include Hutchings on that list. The rest, absolutely. I'd imagine Taormina, Mikk, Angelidis would be, too.
I think it's 4-years now.

Old
03-15-2013, 07:59 PM
zeykshade

I wanna know how much an off season will do for Namestnikov. He has pretty damn good hands and vision, he's also very fiesty. Only he looks like a kid playing with men. He gets mauled in the AHL.

Old
03-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Allaboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
I wanna know how much an off season will do for Namestnikov. He has pretty damn good hands and vision, he's also very fiesty. Only he looks like a kid playing with men. He gets mauled in the AHL.
I would love if Vladdy hit the gym hard this summer. This kid could be very good, but he needs to man size quick in order to survive. If he does he could surprise a lot of people in September.

Old
03-16-2013, 01:40 PM
zeykshade

Agreed. The hockey smarts are there for sure. The compete level is there as well. If he can bulk up, get stronger, he will definitely surprise people in camp.

Old
03-16-2013, 02:33 PM
BoltSTH

Another customer for Gary Roberts

Old
03-16-2013, 07:48 PM
newham89

Crunch not fazed by losing so many players, 6-0 up in the second

Old
03-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Whose dog did Brett Connolly kick? Seriously. 2+2 tonight. Hard to argue with Johnson, but man.... you'd think the higher pick would have priority.

Old
03-16-2013, 08:22 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
Whose dog did Brett Connolly kick? Seriously. 2+2 tonight. Hard to argue with Johnson, but man.... you'd think the higher pick would have priority.
Yzerman wants him to spend an entire season plus playoffs on the Crunch.

03-16-2013, 09:40 PM
zeykshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
PS Syracuse Crunch @PSCrunchHockey
Connolly continues to ooze class. Said Yzerman is building a dynasty and he wants to be a part of it for a long time.

Exactly the right thing to say. Can't wait for this kid to join the rest of the Tampacuse Crunchbolts.
He has a higher ceiling than any we've seen, save maybe Panik.

Old
03-16-2013, 09:57 PM
TBLHoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
Another customer for Gary Roberts
There seems to be quite a few that would benefit working out with Roberts this off season. We may have some fast and skilled players but they have a tendency to get knocked off the puck too often. If they can get stronger, the future looks extremely bright.

Closed Thread