HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XIII: The name is Cameranesi. Tony Cameranesi.

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2012, 10:54 AM
theIceWookie
formerly FinnishKule

vCash: 500
Frattin has 15 goals in his last 16 games dating back to April 15th. He also has 30 goals in 38 AHL games.

Dude just scores goals. I honestly believe it's only a matter of time before he finds this scoring touch in the NHL>

Old
11-19-2012, 11:58 AM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Since this wasn't posted already, Leivo had 2 assists last night and was an even rating in a 7-2 loss against Barrie last night.

Also, Guelph takes on Mississauga tomorrow night, so we'll see Sparks and Finn go up against Percy.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Sergei Berezin

Wish some of our CHL guys would get traded to better teams.

Hopefully Leivo, Rielly, Percy, Brown and a few others are moved near the deadline to playoff teams/legit contenders.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Funk Volume
Independent Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinnishKulemin View Post
Frattin has 15 goals in his last 16 games dating back to April 15th. He also has 30 goals in 38 AHL games.

Dude just scores goals. I honestly believe it's only a matter of time before he finds this scoring touch in the NHL>
That's ridiculous......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Wish some of our CHL guys would get traded to better teams.

Hopefully Leivo, Rielly, Percy, Brown and a few others are moved near the deadline to playoff teams/legit contenders.
Leivo, Brown, and Percy will most likely be dealt to contenders because they're in the last year of junior (Without being an overage, I think). Rielly may or may not because he has an extra year left to play there and who knows what could happen, especially with a lockput

Old
11-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Griffski

I'm constantly scoreboard watching all CHL and Marlies. If you want stat and news updates you can follow my new twitter @TMLProspects, no personal ****, just updates on leafs prospects.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:53 PM
VanW27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Volume View Post
That's ridiculous......

Leivo, Brown, and Percy will most likely be dealt to contenders because they're in the last year of junior (Without being an overage, I think). Rielly may or may not because he has an extra year left to play there and who knows what could happen, especially with a lockput
Leivo could be dealt, but I doubt Mississauga trades Percy, in fact they may be looking to add a guy like Leivo.

If Moose Jaw can keep their head above water while Rielly is at the WJC they may keep him but I'd say its more likely they freefall and he comes back to a new team.

As for Brown, he's in a great spot. He's the captain and a go to guy on a young and talented team. He will be back next year and have an opportunity to put up some huge numbers alongside the phenom McDavid.

Old
11-19-2012, 01:56 PM
theIceWookie
formerly FinnishKule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Volume View Post
That's ridiculous......

I can't see Percy being dealt with the Steelheads being a win out of first in the league. Even if he's in the final year. It's possible I suppose but I'd imagine playoffs are more important for the team right now.

Leivo probably very likely will.

Brown still has a year of eligibility left after this one. However it's possible he is moved. With the team being built around Connor McDavid, it could be interesting to see what they do with Brown. Do they expect to compete next season? Or will they wait one more year with the rebuild and shoot for the season after next?

He could bring a lot in for a run two years from now but he could be instrumental in a run next year as well. Interesting conundrum.

Old
11-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanW27 View Post
Leivo could be dealt, but I doubt Mississauga trades Percy, in fact they may be looking to add a guy like Leivo.

If Moose Jaw can keep their head above water while Rielly is at the WJC they may keep him but I'd say its more likely they freefall and he comes back to a new team.

As for Brown, he's in a great spot. He's the captain and a go to guy on a young and talented team. He will be back next year and have an opportunity to put up some huge numbers alongside the phenom McDavid
I agree, I don't think Brown will get moved. He has clicked with McDavid thus far and I think Erie will want to keep him partnered with him for the remainder of the season. Also I'm not sure if other teams would be willing to give up much for Brown due to wondering if the numbers are inflated because of McDavid. I think it would be in Erie's best interest to keep Brown, and can't hurt Brown playing with someone like him haha.

Old
11-19-2012, 02:05 PM
theIceWookie
formerly FinnishKule

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanW27 View Post

As for Brown, he's in a great spot. He's the captain and a go to guy on a young and talented team. He will be back next year and have an opportunity to put up some huge numbers alongside the phenom McDavid.
Agreed. However Brown's in an interesting position. He has another year and he is the Captain. He's also playing fantastic. He could help them next year in a strong run.

But he could also fetch a pretty penny on the market. The Otters might not be ready to make a run next year and getting a large return on Connor Brown plus getting a top 3 pick in the draft would be tempting for the team in 2014-2015, 2015-2016.

Although the addition of Dansk probably points to the first situation being the case. Since its almost likely they will get a top 3 pick anyways at this point, plus having Dansk acclimatized to the OHL, and Brown-McDavid's chemistry, they could be very strong next year.

Old
11-19-2012, 02:35 PM
SteveV*

Quote:

I bet he pots 25-30 for years to come, and I'm prepared to say he's top six material. Guy has a NHL calibre shot, he is a tank, he is good in the corners, he has great speed and a nose for the net. He's a beauty.

Old
11-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:

Pretty sure that is wrong.

Frattin has 13 goals in his last 15 games going back to the start of the playoffs, and 27 goals in 38 AHL games overall.

Still though, absolutely dominant at this level. No doubt that he will be scoring consistently in the NHL in due time.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:15 PM
theIceWookie
formerly FinnishKule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
Pretty sure that is wrong.

Frattin has 13 goals in his last 15 games going back to the start of the playoffs, and 27 goals in 38 AHL games overall.

Still though, absolutely dominant at this level. No doubt that he will be scoring consistently in the NHL in due time.
First part is right, second part is where you're correct. He has 27 goals in 38 AHL games. Good call, screwed up my simple math.

But he does have 15 goals in his last 16 games.

3 goals in 2 games this year, 10 goals in 13 playoff games, and two goals in the last regular season game last year.

15 goals, 16 games.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
First part is right, second part is where you're correct. He has 27 goals in 38 AHL games. Good call, screwed up my simple math.

But he does have 15 goals in his last 16 games.

3 goals in 2 games this year, 10 goals in 13 playoff games, and two goals in the last regular season game last year.

15 goals, 16 games.
Fair enough, thought you were starting from the playoffs.

Funny thing is, the main reason I caught that in the first place was because it was so spectacular that I thought, "this has to be wrong, doesn't it?". Surprisingly, it was only by a tiny amount. To put things in perspective, his pace in the AHL is 58 goals over an 82-game season (and well, almost a G/G in his past 16).

Glad to have Frattin back, and can't wait to see him in the big leagues with a year under his belt.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Funk Volume
Independent Living

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Ryan Murray was penciled in beside Dougie Hamilton on (lockout) Team Canada top D pair. I'd now pencil in Morgan Rielly for that spot.

Ryan Murray has a small tear in his shoulder labrum, puts his WJC status in huge jeopardy. Could be a good thing for Rielly though.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:19 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Im starting to get concerned Frattin might be part of the Lu deal(if it happens). Dudes got great potential and its really starting to come through. We need a power forward badly and hes developing nicely.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:25 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Im starting to get concerned Frattin might be part of the Lu deal(if it happens). Dudes got great potential and its really starting to come through. We need a power forward badly and hes developing nicely.
That would not be good.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:05 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
I don't think Burke would do it. It seems like Burke loves Frattin, he even went to a couple of his college games when he was playing his final year at UND. He's been very high on him and I think Frattin brings the kind of game that Burke loves too, a solidly built truck with good defensive awareness and a rocket of a shot, not afraid to go into the corners or get physical. He still has to work on using his body more, but he's shown the willingness to do so and doesn't shy away at all. No way do I think Burke trades him for Luongo.

Even at the deadline I believe the rumour was that Dean Lombardi was asking for Luke Schenn and Frattin for Dustin Brown and Burke refused, not wanting to give up Frattin in the deal.

I think Burke gives up Bozak, a 2nd rounder and maybe a D prospect at most.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:29 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
I don't think Burke would do it. It seems like Burke loves Frattin, he even went to a couple of his college games when he was playing his final year at UND. He's been very high on him and I think Frattin brings the kind of game that Burke loves too, a solidly built truck with good defensive awareness and a rocket of a shot, not afraid to go into the corners or get physical. He still has to work on using his body more, but he's shown the willingness to do so and doesn't shy away at all. No way do I think Burke trades him for Luongo.

Even at the deadline I believe the rumour was that Dean Lombardi was asking for Luke Schenn and Frattin for Dustin Brown and Burke refused, not wanting to give up Frattin in the deal.

I think Burke gives up Bozak, a 2nd rounder and maybe a D prospect at most.
Lu's return will depend on what the CBA looks like. It will mkae a huge difference dependent on how the retirement deals are dealt with. he could go from quite valuable to next to worthless.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:11 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
I don't really see him being more than a 3rd liner, who occasionally gets a spot on the 2nd line due to injuries.

I think his hockey sense, ice awareness and overall passing ability will limit him to a third line. He also just seems so suited for the 3rd line.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:17 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
I don't really see him being more than a 3rd liner, who occasionally gets a spot on the 2nd line due to injuries.

I think his hockey sense, ice awareness and overall passing ability will limit him to a third line. He also just seems so suited for the 3rd line.
You're probably right although I think he has the skills to fill in on the 2nd line for short spurts. I think 20g is a reasonable expectation at his peak.

Even if he plays mostly 3rd line minutes, a quality third line is something we lack and he could be a part of. Theres a differance between throwing salary dumps like Lombardi on the third line and developing players for that role.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:20 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
You're probably right although I think he has the skills to fill in on the 2nd line for short spurts. I think 20g is a reasonable expectation at his peak.

Even if he plays mostly 3rd line minutes, a quality third line is something we lack and he could be a part of. Theres a differance between throwing salary dumps like Lombardi on the third line and developing players for that role.
Exactly right, just look at how effective players like Dave Bolland are.

If he can get 20g in a good year playing on the third line with some 2nd line duty that's fantastic value for a 4th round pick.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
Exactly right, just look at how effective players like Dave Bolland are.

If he can get 20g in a good year playing on the third line with some 2nd line duty that's fantastic value for a 4th round pick.
Thats what I expect of him as well actually. I like Frattin but he seems ideally a David Jones IMO.

11-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Brody
nah.

vCash: 24591
Watching Mississauga play Guelph tomorrow, will Finn be playing? Free tickets ftw.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:43 PM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Watching Mississauga play Guelph tomorrow, will Finn be playing? Free tickets ftw.
wouldnt bet on it yet, supposedly getting over the tail end of mono as of last friday, but who knows

Old
11-20-2012, 09:48 PM
bansheebeat
Cherry-Coloured Funk

Quote:
I don't even think Burke would do Lu for Frattin straight up at this point.

Closed Thread