HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XIII: The name is Cameranesi. Tony Cameranesi.

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2012, 11:45 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

vCash: 500
Frattin is damn good. Call me optimistic, but I can see him potting 30 goals in the show.

Old
11-20-2012, 11:48 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorthFace View Post
Frattin is damn good. Call me optimistic, but I can see him potting 30 goals in the show.
Everyone keeps saying that about him yet thus far he flubs shots and ends plays...He needs to find his finish quick, lots of more productive 1sts get abandoned for this.

Old
11-20-2012, 11:50 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Everyone keeps saying that about him yet thus far he flubs shots and ends plays...He needs to find his finish quick, lots of more productive 1sts get abandoned for this.
By putting the puck in the net I assume you mean.....

Old
11-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
If he gets that playmaker at his side, yea I see it.

11-20-2012, 11:55 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
If he gets that playmaker at his side, yea I see it.
Yeah it'll be a big adjustment from minor to pro, but he just has a laser of a shot. Hopefully it will translate more than it did last season with the Leafs.

Old
11-21-2012, 12:34 AM
HeroNtF

I'll be happy with 10-15 goals on the third line... saying he'll be a 30 goal getter is on the extreme high side of optimism, and think about half that, with some sound defensive play, and strong fore-checking and I would be happy.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:04 AM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroNtF View Post
I'll be happy with 10-15 goals on the third line... saying he'll be a 30 goal getter is on the extreme high side of optimism, and think about half that, with some sound defensive play, and strong fore-checking and I would be happy.
He got 8 goals in 56 games last year, on pace for 12 over an 82 game season. He still has quite a bit more upside. He's scored goals at will in the NCAA (36 goals in 44 games his final season there), and the AHL (27 goals in 35 games). I'd say around 25 goals is a reasonable upside for Frattin.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:27 AM
G51 K81*

Also remember the bulk of Frattins points came in at the end of the season last year. He had a very slow start but finished very strong. 20+ is reasonable in his next full season imo.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:54 AM
johnnyutah

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51 K81 View Post
Also remember the bulk of Frattins points came in at the end of the season last year. He had a very slow start but finished very strong. 20+ is reasonable in his next full season imo.
agreed, it really felt like the end of the season cut off his hot streak

Old
11-21-2012, 03:01 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

Quote:
I'd be very happy with 20, 30 would be amazing.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Dark Passenger

If Frattin turns out to be a 3rd liner who can pot 20 odd goals and bang, this is would be ideal. I thought he was a little snake bitten beginning of last year, same with Kulemin, and could have easily padded his stats by a lot more. I'd like to see him be a little more physical at the NHL level, he's shown he can play that style in the AHL.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:13 AM
SchennerandNazzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Passenger View Post
If Frattin turns out to be a 3rd liner who can pot 20 odd goals and bang, this is would be ideal. I thought he was a little snake bitten beginning of last year, same with Kulemin, and could have easily padded his stats by a lot more. I'd like to see him be a little more physical at the NHL level, he's shown he can play that style in the AHL.
I agree that he does need to step up physical play at the nhl level. I think he will be more comfortable throwing the body around whenever the nhl starts up again.

Frattin and biggs on a line in a couple years would be hard to handle physically. If bozak was between them on third line that would be a great third line. Of course pipedream but its not totally out there

Old
11-21-2012, 09:29 AM
gabeliscious

Quote:
last season only 30 players in the entire nhl had over 30 goals. only 101 players had over 20 goals.

i would love for frattin to put up 30 goals but it is a lot more difficult than you make it seem.

i think if frattin can make the team and contribute a solid two way game on the third line over a full season it would be fantastic. once he can prove he is 100% an everyday nhl player then lets work on him putting up goals.

id love to see a kulemin-mclemment-frattin line. having kulemin and mclemment would go a long way to developing frattins defensive game.

i dont see where frattin fits into the lineup as a top 6 winger with lupul, kessel, and jvr all locks and macarthur not a bad option and kadri developing as well. i believe frattins future with the leafs will be as a third line two way player with some offensive upside.

its pretty ambitious to think that frattin can get 30 goals in the nhl imo.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:32 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
27 goals in 38 AHL games? So paces out to what? 54 goals over the 76 game schedule?

AHL league leader Connacher had 39 in 75 games.
Ryan Hamilton had 25 in 74 games, Kadri paced out to 27 goals (playoffs and regular combined).

Anyone who watch Frattin knows he thumped several NHL players in open ice confrontations even when they initiated contact.

He was a rookie, even though he was older it was still his first pro season.

If you take all 92 games he played between NHL and AHL and average his pace over that time he scored 29 goal (82 - game) pace as a rookie pro.

That being said he didn't produce as well as he could have in the NHL. Going to the AHL you'd expect better production / scoring but it is still surprising how easy it appears to be for Frattin. Probably a combination of his strength and natural scoring ability.

Using the Belak ratio, in 38 AHL games he has 61 points (27*2+7).

Still like to see something like:

Frattin-Kadri-Ashton

I really don't see a great benefit of Aucoin getting top minues, except to boost the Marlies stats, and my priority is always going to be the Leafs. Seems appropriate considering this is the Leafs' forum.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
11-21-2012, 09:34 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
I 100% agree with you. I watch him very closely and there are only a handful of players in the NHL that can shoot like him. Incredibly quick release, hard and accurate. I can definitely see him as a trigger man on the PP.

I will say again that i believe (besides Morgan Rielly) Matt Frattin is the leafs best prospect.

Que the naive posters talking about his age.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:12 AM
BeLeafer11

Tony Ambrogio ‏@SNTonyAmbrogio

Guelph Storm will be without Leafs prospect D Matt Finn for a 4th game as they play in Mississauga today. Finn out with mono. #OHL

Old
11-21-2012, 10:14 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLeafer11 View Post
Tony Ambrogio ‏@SNTonyAmbrogio

Guelph Storm will be without Leafs prospect D Matt Finn for a 4th game as they play in Mississauga today. Finn out with mono. #OHL
Seriously, he's taking time off the ice because he has mono?

Who does he think he is Grigorenko?

Old
11-21-2012, 10:29 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Prospect Update

Tony Cameranesi

4g 6a 10p in 10gp

Old
11-21-2012, 10:41 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
You're pretty damn optimistic

Old
11-21-2012, 10:48 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Lol, Grigorenko played through it.

Finn = bust.

It will be interesting to see Interactif spin this one, when inevitably, his play drops off for awhile.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:32 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

I said I could 'see' him scoring 30 goals in the NHL, not for a fact that he will. Who's to say he can't with the pace he's scoring at in the AHL with the right line-mates.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:01 PM
MorriPage

The NorthFace saying this:

Quote:
and then this:

Quote:
I said I could 'see' him scoring 30 goals in the NHL, not for a fact that he will. Who's to say he can't with the pace he's scoring at in the AHL with the right line-mates.
made me react like this:

Old
11-21-2012, 02:02 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
He got alot of time with Grabovski last year and still only put up 8 goals. Let's see him break 10 or 15 before we start anticipating 30 goal seasons out of this guy.

Some of you need to temper your expectations. For a "prospect" (I don't really consider him a prospect anymore, he's likely going to be on the Leafs 3rd line for awhile) I think he has the benefit of being a lot further into his development, but I wouldn't agree he is the best prospect we have (besides Rielly). I would definitely rank Kadri and Colborne ahead of him.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:15 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
He got alot of time with Grabovski last year and still only put up 8 goals. Let's see him break 10 or 15 before we start anticipating 30 goal seasons out of this guy.

Some of you need to temper your expectations. For a "prospect" (I don't really consider him a prospect anymore, he's likely going to be on the Leafs 3rd line for awhile) I think he has the benefit of being a lot further into his development, but I wouldn't agree he is the best prospect we have (besides Rielly). I would definitely rank Kadri and Colborne ahead of him.
That was his first season and he struggled to adjust at times. That's very much normal. So a prorated 10 goal first season isn't terrible at all.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:53 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

I will be attending the USNTDP U-18's vs. the Fargo Force (Toninato) on both the 13th, and 14th of December, in Ann Arbor.

I'm excited to do some scouting reports on the draft elligibles from Team USA and get a good look at Toninato against WJC level competition.

Closed Thread