HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XIII: The name is Cameranesi. Tony Cameranesi.

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2012, 02:55 PM
MastuhNinks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Prospect Update

Tony Cameranesi

4g 6a 10p in 10gp
4th among Freshman (and everyone ahead of him has played more games).

Old
11-21-2012, 03:08 PM
natephil

Sparks with another shutout. Wish Finn wasn't sick and played because Guelph dominated. Won the game 8-0 earlier today.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Brody

vCash: 560
The little kids were very annoying; Sparks was amazing, 29 save (I think) shutout, Percy played really well imo, even though the team lost 8-0.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:14 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
He got alot of time with Grabovski last year and still only put up 8 goals. Let's see him break 10 or 15 before we start anticipating 30 goal seasons out of this guy.

Some of you need to temper your expectations. For a "prospect" (I don't really consider him a prospect anymore, he's likely going to be on the Leafs 3rd line for awhile) I think he has the benefit of being a lot further into his development, but I wouldn't agree he is the best prospect we have (besides Rielly). I would definitely rank Kadri and Colborne ahead of him.
Yeah Kadri is still our best forward prospect. Colborne has more upside than Frattin but still hard to rank him ahead of Frattin right now. Colborne still needs to play more physical.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Gracias. Lol

Either way, they're both great kids, and hard workers. I'm just happy they're both in our system, because if they both develop properly, we've got what you call a "good problem".
Well considering you are on record as saying:

Quote:
GET REAL. Blacker is far and away a better defender than both Percy and Finn.
I hope Blacker lives up to your expectations, because if the above is true, Blacker should be right beside Rielly if he is far and away better than Finn and Percy.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Interactif

Moved to the prospects thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Gracias. Lol

Either way, they're both great kids, and hard workers. I'm just happy they're both in our system, because if they both develop properly, we've got what you call a "good problem".
Well considering you are on record as saying:

Quote:
GET REAL. Blacker is far and away a better defender than both Percy and Finn.
I hope Blacker lives up to your expectations, because if the above is true, Blacker should be right beside Rielly if he is far and away better than Finn and Percy.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Interactif

Moved to the prospects thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Passenger View Post
Honestly think its a little early to make these type of statements. Not that i completely disagree with what you are saying, but road to becoming a really good NHLer isnt the same path for every player. I saw Blacker at his first prospects tournament and he looked VERY good. Sort of reminded me of a Bryan Berard type of player. I think he has, and is, working to become a better defensive player which maybe hurting him in terms of putting up good numbers. If he does put it all together, could easily be a top four D in the NHL. Players like Percy and Finn are more well rounded prospects, and would say have a better chance of making the NHL, but maybe not as high a ceiling. Lets hope all three are playing in Blue and White in the future.
That's fair, there is nothing wrong with speculating either way, but again I've seen Jesse play, he has never shown the level of Ice Q that some of our other defenceman have shown in the juniors.

He's played 68 + 6 playoff games in the AHL, has 1 goal, if he has more, it will be present sometime this season. Even if you are the biggest Blacker supporter, you expect more offence from his game. He remains an big if? As you said the other 2 are more well rounded, they are more likely to make it because Percy and Finn's hockey sense are to coin a phrase off the charts. I like their chances a lot more due to this and it's not as though they are unskilled either.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:15 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 50
Missed the game but:

Marc Smith ‏@MarcSmith18
Morgan Rielly was struggling with left leg injury late in the frame, but told trainers as he came off he was fine. Didn't miss a shift

Old
11-21-2012, 10:38 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
Missed the game but:

Marc Smith ‏@MarcSmith18
Morgan Rielly was struggling with left leg injury late in the frame, but told trainers as he came off he was fine. Didn't miss a shift

this kid is a beast, he doesnt let an injury slow him down, great job morgan. u are awesome

Old
11-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
this kid is a beast, he doesnt let an injury slow him down, great job morgan. u are awesome
I like that he is playing through it, but I do wonder if it is serious

Old
11-21-2012, 11:00 PM
OptimusForever
#teambernier

As good as rielly is, if he misses 75% of this season too it could be detrimental to his development. Hope he is 100% before he gets on the ice again.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Randy8706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Passenger View Post
If Frattin turns out to be a 3rd liner who can pot 20 odd goals and bang, this is would be ideal. I thought he was a little snake bitten beginning of last year, same with Kulemin, and could have easily padded his stats by a lot more. I'd like to see him be a little more physical at the NHL level, he's shown he can play that style in the AHL.
Buddy a "20 odd" goal scorer with the 2 way game and the intangeables that frattin brings to the table is usually a first or second liner. This is not Niklas Hagman we are talking about. If frattin becomes a " 20 odd" goal guy you can bet your bottom dollar he fits in just dandy on our second line. No way he wouldn't slot in in our top six.

Old
11-22-2012, 01:01 AM
Griffski

Let's all pray Rielly isn't injured...

Again if you want simple leaf prospect stats and news updates via twitter, follow
TML Prospects @TMLProspects.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:05 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Sparks shutout yesterday stopping 29 shots moves him right outside the top 10 in save percentage (and also tied for league lead in shutouts with 3).

He's in a three-way tie for 7th in save percentage with a 0.915, but has the most games played out of all goaltenders. Which also attributes to the fact he's the league leader in saves (has 79 more saves than the next goalie behind him).

I believe he's played in every game for Guelph this year (25). He's moving in the right direction at the right time if he's shooting for a WJC spot.

Certainly is getting a heavy workload this season, hopefully he's not tired out by seasons end. Seems like both Guelph prospects are getting heavy minutes with their club.

11-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
Sparks shutout yesterday stopping 29 shots moves him right outside the top 10 in save percentage (and also tied for league lead in shutouts with 3).

He's in a three-way tie for 7th in save percentage with a 0.915, but has the most games played out of all goaltenders. Which also attributes to the fact he's the league leader in saves (has 79 more saves than the next goalie behind him).

I believe he's played in every game for Guelph this year (25). He's moving in the right direction at the right time if he's shooting for a WJC spot.

Certainly is getting a heavy workload this season, hopefully he's not tired out by seasons end. Seems like both Guelph prospects are getting heavy minutes with their club.
I am glad he's made good strides. His inconsistent performance at the beginning had me worried tbh.

11-22-2012, 08:31 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I am glad he's made good strides. His inconsistent performance at the beginning had me worried tbh.
You worry too much.

You didn't seem worried about your boy being inconsistent at the beginning?

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
11-22-2012, 08:49 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
You worry too much.

we all know ur not a big fan of kadri, but I think u push it sometimes

Old
11-22-2012, 08:56 AM
anderson3133

Quote:
You worry too much.

He wasn't inconsistent, it was his point totals that were.

Sparks got shelled on several nights at the beginning of the season while Kadri just wasn't able to pot an extra point or two.

Call me crazy, but those two "inconsistencies" are not one in the same

Old
11-22-2012, 08:56 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

I am a big fan of blacker
but is someone else worried about his lack of offense
I do believe he has 35 point potential in NHL,
however he seems to stay back too often, i have seen him, he has a very good offensive game
hopefully he uses it more as season goes on

Old
11-22-2012, 09:00 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

http://www.cbc.ca/video/news/audiopl...pid=2308030477

marlies have become one of the first teams to sign an
anti discriminatory plege
here is eakins interview, class of a guy and great team

wish he would have been leafs coach, but I am still happy with carlyle

Old
11-22-2012, 09:04 AM
SchennerandNazzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post

I noticed his statline has improved dramatically from the other day as well.

I hope he continues to stay hot for the next month and a half because I read he was very solid at usa wjc. Would live for him to be the backup and get a wjc under his belt

Old
11-22-2012, 09:05 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
we all know ur not a big fan of kadri, but I think u push it sometimes
You take things much too seriously.

We don't impact the play on the ice.

LR is a big fan, I think his skin is thick enough to take the ribbing.

I'm a Leafs fan, on a Leafs board, but that doesn't mean every prospect is a guaranteed NHLer. Heck, the team sends Kadri to the minors but everyone still loves Burke. Shouldn't there be some cause and effect here? Burke and management team demotes the player because he isn't good enough, and yet we still love Burke and his management?

Seen many, many young players join the team over the years, not going to be overly impressed until I see one that really stands out from the crowd. Rielly may be the one who does that.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:08 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
You take things much too seriously.

We don't impact the play on the ice.

LR is a big fan, I think his skin is thick enough to take the ribbing.

I'm a Leafs fan, on a Leafs board, but that doesn't mean every prospect is a guaranteed NHLer. Heck, the team sends Kadri to the minors but everyone still loves Burke. Shouldn't there be some cause and effect here? Burke and management team demotes the player because he isn't good enough, and yet we still love Burke and his management?

Seen many, many young players join the team over the years, not going to be overly impressed until I see one that really stands out from the crowd. Rielly may be the one who does that.

I don't think i take things seriously, I always seem to misunderstand your posts,
oh well, we are leaf fan in the end, so guess it happens

Old
11-22-2012, 09:12 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson3133 View Post
He wasn't inconsistent, it was his point totals that were.

Sparks got shelled on several nights at the beginning of the season while Kadri just wasn't able to pot an extra point or two.

Call me crazy, but those two "inconsistencies" are not one in the same
Yes, kind of a difference being a goaltender who directly has a record of performance. Kind of like scorers who don't score.

Scoring a goal and being scored upon are direct results. Getting an assist or getting a +/- are kind of indirect results.

Check out all the difference between assigning assists in Europe and North America. They'll search for 2 players who contacted the puck over here, but many goals in Europe have only 1 assist.

If you are a playmaker, and your guys don't score it sucks statistically. Same for defenders who do everything right and the goalie pulls a Gustavsson and redirects a harmless dump-in to the back of the net.

It is a shame Kadri isn't being slotted into the center ice position, Kulemin-Kadri-Frattin would be fun to watch.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:28 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
I am a big fan of blacker
but is someone else worried about his lack of offense
I do believe he has 35 point potential in NHL,
however he seems to stay back too often, i have seen him, he has a very good offensive game
hopefully he uses it more as season goes on
When you've got a cowboy like Blacker on your hands, often times, it's hard to break the habits and routines they developed in junior. While in Owen Sound, Jesse's abilities were usually higher than the majority of his opponents, and because of this, he could get away with dangerous pinches, and generally being a bit of a riverboat gambler.

Now that he's in a league where the tslent gap has closed, he's not able to do that stuff that became "his game" as easily anymore. Couple this with only having decent hockey sense, and you have your work cut out for you. He IS NOT low IQ. He's NOT as dumb as some make him out to be. He's really not dumb at all... Lol

Look at Kadri. He still makes those junior mistakes from time to time, not because he has average hockey sense (it's stellar, in fact), but because when something is a part of your game for so long, it's NOT just as easy as stopping. It's what you're comfortable doing.

Either way, it's clear the staff's task is to slow Blacker down on what he would normally have done in junior, and instead, instill defensive discipline in him, until that becomes second nature. Players whose hockey sense isn't "off the charts" can still be great players, but they get there by playing disciplined in their position, and fundamentally sound. Once he adjusts to a new way of thinking/playing the game, as well as playing disciplined, fundamental defense, the offense will come as the comfort level grows.

He's young, and still has time. Should be just fine, really.

Closed Thread