HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XIII: The name is Cameranesi. Tony Cameranesi.

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2012, 11:13 AM
WTFMAN99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJayMann View Post
Just returned from the Red Deer game. Dumba had a good game tonight with a PP goal and a couple hits.

Warriors spent way more time in the Rebels end of the ice but weren't rewarded with goals. Rielly looked really good, he broke up quite a few plays, made a nice short handed rush, made a few rushes while MJ made line changes, and a couple nice outlet passes. His mobility, skating, and puck control really stand out.
It's pretty routine for MJ to spend a lot of time in their own zone. It's frustrating because you know if Reilly had some good forwards to play with he would be looking like the second coming of Bobby Orr with the points he would rack up. I am obviously stretching that a bit but he needs more talent to play with.

Old
11-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Gardiner Expressway

vCash: 450
Amy word on Rielly's defensive game? On his physicality?

Old
11-25-2012, 12:40 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgro View Post
Biggs fight from last night, like i said pretty lackluster

i like that, going right in with no hesitation. so many times did we see someone get hit and no one knowing what to do. Stupid instigator penalty as well, however, love seeing this from a leafs perspective.

Old
11-25-2012, 02:47 PM
natephil

Biggs with a goal today so far and I noticed Leivo wasn't playing for Sudbury today.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 View Post
It's pretty routine for MJ to spend a lot of time in their own zone. It's frustrating because you know if Reilly had some good forwards to play with he would be looking like the second coming of Bobby Orr with the points he would rack up. I am obviously stretching that a bit but he needs more talent to play with.
its incredible how often this sort of thing happens with leafs prospects. their teammates are not up to their level, thus limiting our prospect's offensive numbers, and possibly hindering development.

this is happening time and time again with our top prospects.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:15 PM
AlienWorkShop
No Ben! No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
its incredible how often this sort of thing happens with leafs prospects. their teammates are not up to their level, thus limiting our prospect's offensive numbers, and possibly hindering development.

Do you still keep an eye on Leafs prospects or do you simply come by every once in awhile to make sure the critical eye of the posters here is up to your standards?

Old
11-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Hawaiinleaf

Biggs adds an Apple

1G 1A today

Old
11-25-2012, 03:46 PM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Just finished watching the Generals game. The Biggs Jenner Dal Colle line was great all game long and they created a ton of chances. Biggs individually was ****ing great today. Got a goal on the powerplay after battling off the d to clean up a loose puck in front of the net. He does such a great job of screening the goalie on the powerplay, collecting loose pucks and keeping possession for his team. He knows his job and does it well. I'm pretty sure some o these ohl defenseman are scared of him. His assist was a great play in his defensive zone to get the puck out at the line to Jenner who was flying through the zone and did the rest. Thought this was a pretty good test for the Generals facin a pretty good Niagara team with Strome and Richie and Biggs with Jenner were easily the best forwards for either team IMO

Old
11-25-2012, 03:58 PM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Also I thought Biggs played an excellent game in all 3 zones also. There's a reason he is always put out at the end of the game with Jenner. People might point to empty net points inflating his stats but he earns those opportunities by being a force in both ends of the rink. He does a great job at getting pucks out and he seems to always make clean crisp passes through the neutral zone. He's also more confident skating with the puck on his stick than he was at the start of the year IMO. I think he's making great strides and am really excited to see where he's at in a year or two. By far my 2nd favourite prospect for the leafs after the one and only Morgan Rielly. I don't think he's a sure thing by any means but I sure do enjoy watching him tear it up down in Oshawa. Especially lately with the injuries to guys like Lessio and Petgrave and Laughton just coming back after a suspension. You guys don't have to get your hopes up but i got mine up

Old
11-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Hawaiinleaf

Does Biggs look a lot bigger than the other players on the ice?

Old
11-25-2012, 04:01 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Is Leivo injured or something? Why didn't he play today?

And thanks Kilgro for the update on Biggs. Both Biggs and Leivo have been very exciting to keep up with this year, I'm loving their progression.

They have identical stat lines too which is kinda neat.

Old
11-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Sundinisagod
just give'r

Quote:
Originally Posted by LupulMania View Post
His defensive game is where he needs the most work. He's not physical but doesn't shy away from contact/taking hits to make a play.

Old
11-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Leafs03

Tyler biggs is the next Ryan Kesler!!! i said this at the draft and still saying it!!! hes just a beast! has a lot of heart and plays a hard game!

Old
11-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs03 View Post
Tyler biggs is the next Ryan Kesler!!! i said this at the draft and still saying it!!! hes just a beast! has a lot of heart and plays a hard game!
Whoa whoa...I'm all for getting aboard the Biggs train. But the next Ryan Kesler...? I think you're kinda stretching that by a little...or a lot.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:42 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
I'm liking the optimism, but let's not get crazy

Old
11-25-2012, 07:56 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
First of all, Kesley is a diving pu$$y that can't fight... Biggs is not...

They aren't similar players at all.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Happy Fan
nifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
First of all, Kesley is a diving pu$$y that can't fight... Biggs is not...

They aren't similar players at all.
Those were my thoughts too.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:03 PM
leugangen

Quote:
Don't understand this comparison at all - different types of players, Kesler is a centre, etc, etc. If Biggs is "the next" anyone, I would hope/pray that it is Lucic. He probably isn't, but I still think Biggs has the tools be a second/third line type that can stand in front of the net on the top PP unit, and put fear into the opposition.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
Don't understand this comparison at all - different types of players, Kesler is a centre, etc, etc. If Biggs is "the next" anyone, I would hope/pray that it is Lucic. He probably isn't, but I still think Biggs has the tools be a second/third line type that can stand in front of the net on the top PP unit, and put fear into the opposition.
I hope so. If he can be anything similar to Lucic, Simmonds or Ott I'd call that a success for the leafs.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Gardiner Expressway

vCash: 450
How long until the table on the first post is updated? Would love to see the prospects lined up like that with current stats

Old
11-25-2012, 08:30 PM
WTFMAN99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post

Cool story bro.

Old
11-25-2012, 09:05 PM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 274
Quote:
How long until the table on the first post is updated? Would love to see the prospects lined up like that with current stats
Updated. Stat of the night: Dennis Robertson had 12 pim last game. Must have went nuts.

Old
11-25-2012, 09:09 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
If Biggs turns into the next Lucic, he'll own the city in short time.

Old
11-25-2012, 09:10 PM
Heatleys Eye

Biggs is on pace to match or pass Lucic at the same age for points

2006–07 Vancouver Giants 70gp 30g 38a 68pts

2012-13 Oshawa Generals 27 13 14 27

Last edited by Heatleys Eye: 11-25-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old
11-25-2012, 09:33 PM
SuperJayMann

Quote:
Rielly is not that type of player, he won't shy away from a hit but he doesn't go looking for it. His mobility, skating and puck possession are beyond his peers, but other facets of the game need work, just like any other young prospect.

Rielly is going to be a solid player for us in time, we hope.

Closed Thread