HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

First round Pick 2013

Old
11-09-2012, 05:29 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
I know it's common that a draft is always considered much better than it really is a year in advance, but this draft is the real deal. There are 15+ players with top-10 talent. Mackinnon, Jones, Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm, Shinkaruk, Pulock, Ristolainen, Lazar, Nichushkin, Burakowsky, Drouin, Domi, etc.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Eller could definitely be a 2nd liner for Columbus.
As soon as I saw "for Columbus" - and thus the implied "your team sucks so he'd do this for you" - I stopped reading. We have a metric ****ton of guys who could fill that role as well as or better than Lars Eller, and it ain't worth giving up a top-10 pick.

We don't want "a second liner for a loser team". We are only interested in "a second liner for a quality NHL team."

Seriously, is there anything more disrespectful to say on these boards? "Well, on any other team, he'd be a third-liner, but on YOUR sorry haphazard bunch of losing losers he'd be a second liner so you should pay us more." What the hell kind of argument is that supposed to be?

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I know it's common that a draft is always considered much better than it really is a year in advance, but this draft is the real deal. There are 15+ players with top-10 talent. Mackinnon, Jones, Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm, Shinkaruk, Pulock, Ristolainen, Lazar, Nichushkin, Burakowsky, Drouin, Domi, etc.
You can throw in Kerby Rychel big 6'1 200 pound Power Forward/Sniper who put up 41 goals last season on a poor team and already has potted 11 this season, he's the son of former La King Warren Rychel.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 06:49 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
You can throw in Kerby Rychel big 6'1 200 pound Power Forward/Sniper who put up 41 goals last season on a poor team and already has potted 11 this season, he's the son of former La King Warren Rychel.
I wouldn't call Rychel a top-10 talent. But yeah, you get the point.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 07:07 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
As soon as I saw "for Columbus" - and thus the implied "your team sucks so he'd do this for you" - I stopped reading. We have a metric ****ton of guys who could fill that role as well as or better than Lars Eller, and it ain't worth giving up a top-10 pick.

We don't want "a second liner for a loser team". We are only interested in "a second liner for a quality NHL team."

Seriously, is there anything more disrespectful to say on these boards? "Well, on any other team, he'd be a third-liner, but on YOUR sorry haphazard bunch of losing losers he'd be a second liner so you should pay us more." What the hell kind of argument is that supposed to be?
I wasn't trying to be insulting, but right now on the Habs we already have Desharnais and Plekanec to be our top-2 centres and with Galchenyuk coming Eller might not ever get the chance to be a top-2 centre on our team.

For what it's worth, I definitely think Eller can be a second liner for a quality team, he just needs to be somewhere where he can get that chance like on Columbus.

Last edited by sharks9: 11-09-2012 at 08:37 PM.
sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 07:21 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
Refer to post 24. If Galchenyuk was in 2013 draft he'd be a 10ish pick.
Post 24?

And no he wouldnt be a 10ish pick. I am almost certain he would have been fighting with Yakupov for 1st overall if he wasnt injured. In this draft, MacKinnon, Jones, Barkov, Monahan and MAYBE Drouin would go ahead of him. That does not mean they will be better players though.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 09:24 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
Post 24?

And no he wouldnt be a 10ish pick. I am almost certain he would have been fighting with Yakupov for 1st overall if he wasnt injured. In this draft, MacKinnon, Jones, Barkov, Monahan and MAYBE Drouin would go ahead of him. That does not mean they will be better players though.
Yes..Post 24, where I further explained..
Yeah, he would. MacKinnon, Jones, Barkov, Monahan, Drouin, Lindholm, Ristolainen, and Shinkaruk are all superior talents to Galchenyuk. So that puts him at #9.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 06:32 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
I wasn't trying to be insulting, but right now on the Habs we already have Desharnais and Plekanec to be our top-2 centres and with Galchenyuk coming Eller might not ever get the chance to be a top-2 centre on our team.

For what it's worth, I definitely think Eller can be a second liner for a quality team, he just needs to be somewhere where he can get that chance like on Columbus.
Given the not insignificant number of centers already on the roster who can play #2C competently, Eller is extremely unlikely to get that chance here.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 06:46 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Yeah, he would. MacKinnon, Jones, Barkov, Monahan, Drouin, Lindholm, Ristolainen, and Shinkaruk are all superior talents to Galchenyuk. So that puts him at #9.
Keep on dreaming.
You forget P.K .

MacKinnon, Jones seems to be the sure things.Barkov and Monahan on equal footing as Gally maybe.I pick Gally easily over the rest.
So that put Gally at best 3rd or at worst 5th.Team needs would come in than.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 06:54 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:

While I agree that the OP was ridiculous, this post is almost as ridiculous.

I would say its Jones and Mackinnon, after that its a toss up......

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 07:25 AM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
MacKinnon, Jones and some might say Barkov and Monahan too. Shinkaruk and Lindholm are not better than Galchenyuk. Risto it goes into team preference.

So between #3 and #6. Nowhere near #9.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:42 AM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Keep on dreaming.
You forget P.K .

MacKinnon, Jones seems to be the sure things.Barkov and Monahan on equal footing as Gally maybe.I pick Gally easily over the rest.
So that put Gally at best 3rd or at worst 5th.Team needs would come in than.
Maybe, but I doubt it. However PK I would trade for a top 10 pick, he's the second coming of Phaneuf.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:37 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHab View Post
Just out of curiosity, What teams would be willing to give up there 2013 first round pick (top 10 lottery) for Eller and 2 2nd round pick 2013?
Would u do this deal?

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 02:11 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Maybe, but I doubt it. However PK I would trade for a top 10 pick, he's the second coming of Phaneuf.
Thank God you're not the GM of the Habs.

Old
11-10-2012, 02:19 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Thank God you're not the GM of the Habs.
Why, because I don't overrate my players and think realistically on them?

Old
11-10-2012, 02:50 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I wouldn't call Rychel a top-10 talent. But yeah, you get the point.
Well, not this year at least. Last year he could have easily been top 10.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 03:25 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
What GM would trade their 3rd overall pick from last year that is single handedly carrying his team this and has 30 points in 19 games in the OHL for a 10th overall pick?

What GM would trade arguably their #1 D-man for a 10th overall pick?

Old
11-10-2012, 03:27 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

vCash: 50
Quote:
Is this a joke? 3rd liner and two SECOND round picks for a top ten pick in one of the deepest drafts in years? Change it to Subban or Galchenyuk and MAYBE they do it.
So Galchenyuk + 2nd or Subban + 2nd isn't worth a top 10? I can see some people being hesitant towards Galchenyuk despite the great OHL season he's having this season but Subban? If a proven top pairing defenseman who is only 23 years old and getting better isn't worth a top 10 pick for you then you should really revise how much the value of a potential prospect is. Personally I prefer the sure thing over potential...especially when the sure thing is a top pairing D that still has upside

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Pulock is better too. Putting him at 10 where you had him.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
MacKinnon, Jones and some might say Barkov and Monahan too. Shinkaruk and Lindholm are not better than Galchenyuk. Risto it goes into team preference.

So between #3 and #6. Nowhere near #9.
Shinkaruk was better than Galchenyuk last year. Take a look at his numbers in the more defensive WHL. He plays with edge and is strong in his own end as well. This coming from a guy who thinks Galchenyuk should have gone 2nd overall this year. Shinkaruk is a very special player.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 06:22 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Shinkaruk was better than Galchenyuk last year. Take a look at his numbers in the more defensive WHL. He plays with edge and is strong in his own end as well. This coming from a guy who thinks Galchenyuk should have gone 2nd overall this year. Shinkaruk is a very special player.
Sure he was better, Galchenyuk didn't even play lol. Galchenyuk is better imo

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 06:31 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Not hard to be better than a player that didn't even play.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 06:42 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Last year, while Shinkaruk had Etem on his line and Gally didnt play. Congrats.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:30 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
What GM would trade their 3rd overall pick from last year that is single handedly carrying his team this and has 30 points in 19 games in the OHL for a 10th overall pick?

What GM would trade arguably their #1 D-man for a 10th overall pick?
Well when you say it THAT way anything would sound stupid. However this draft is incredibly deep and I feel Galchenyuk is hyped up. Subban needs to work on his D before he becomes even close to a #1 or 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
So Galchenyuk + 2nd or Subban + 2nd isn't worth a top 10? I can see some people being hesitant towards Galchenyuk despite the great OHL season he's having this season but Subban? If a proven top pairing defenseman who is only 23 years old and getting better isn't worth a top 10 pick for you then you should really revise how much the value of a potential prospect is. Personally I prefer the sure thing over potential...especially when the sure thing is a top pairing D that still has upside
No and no. Not if that top ten has a chance to be MacKinnon, Jones, Monahan etc.

Old
11-10-2012, 11:51 PM
sharks9

Quote:
No, because you completely underrate your players. Subban is a 23 year-old #1 defenseman and Galchenyuk is tearing up the OHL lately and can be our future #1 center for sure.

Trading either of them for the #10 pick would be worse than the Gomez trade.