HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

First round Pick 2013

Old
11-11-2012, 12:15 PM
LeHabsMan

vCash: 500
No and no. Not if that top ten has a chance to be MacKinnon, Jones, Monahan etc.[/QUOTE]

When Monahan is drafted, I wouldnt trade Gally straight up for him. They are probably rated equally among GM's in the league. But Gally is more what Montreal needs.
So MacKinnon, Jones and Barkov are better and Gally is around Monahan, Lindholm and company. So why isnt he worth a top 10 pick?

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

When Monahan is drafted, I wouldnt trade Gally straight up for him. They are probably rated equally among GM's in the league. But Gally is more what Montreal needs.
So MacKinnon, Jones and Barkov are better and Gally is around Monahan, Lindholm and company. So why isnt he worth a top 10 pick?[/QUOTE]

I think it is more because you can be more versatile with a top 10 pick and pick G/D/F when trading for Gally you get the C and that's that. I would trade 8th-10th for him if Barkov, Mackinnon, Lindholm, Monahan, Shinkaruk, Jones and Drouin were gone.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:04 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Well, not this year at least. Last year he could have easily been top 10.
Id say possibly instead of easily, and even then...who does he knock out?

I'd take Forsberg and Grigorenko ahead of him today and at the draft and both guys were taken in the teens.

I just don't see elite level offense at the pro level out of him.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:57 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Id say possibly instead of easily, and even then...who does he knock out?

I'd take Forsberg and Grigorenko ahead of him today and at the draft and both guys were taken in the teens.

I just don't see elite level offense at the pro level out of him.
What? He is not elite offensively? He is tied for 2nd in the OHL in points and is involved in 45% of his teams goals. Gally plays sound defensively, has filthy hands, good vision, above average speed and a hard wrister. What else does he need to suceed in the NHL?

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
What? He is not elite offensively? He is tied for 2nd in the OHL in points and is involved in 45% of his teams goals. Gally plays sound defensively, has filthy hands, good vision, above average speed and a hard wrister. What else does he need to suceed in the NHL?
I'm pretty sure that he was referring to Rychel, not Galchenyuk.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 09:50 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
No, because you completely underrate your players. Subban is a 23 year-old #1 defenseman and Galchenyuk is tearing up the OHL lately and can be our future #1 center for sure.

Trading either of them for the #10 pick would be worse than the Gomez trade.
Refer to post #49.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:51 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
Refer to post #49.
You think Subban's not even close to being a #1 or 2 defenseman? How embarrassing

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 05:20 AM
MikeC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHab View Post
Just out of curiosity, What teams would be willing to give up there 2013 first round pick (top 10 lottery) for Eller and 2 2nd round pick 2013?
a below average 3rd line center + 2 2nd round pick = a BIG NO and you pay for that call

Eller = not good enough defensively to be a third line center and does not have the hockey sense to be on your first 2 lines. That guy does not see the ice well and he does not know how to play without the puck.

Last edited by MikeC: 11-13-2012 at 05:37 AM.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote