Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Henrik Larsson, BIK Karlskoga

Old
11-05-2012, 02:05 AM
Eyelanders

vCash: 500
Henrik Larsson, BIK Karlskoga

I watched BIK Karlskoga playing twice last week and noticed this 17-year-old defenseman played a solid game. I wondered if anyone could tell me a little bit more about the player. Excellent skating ability and seemed to play well in his own end, despite not having an ideal size for a defenseman. He is too old for U18 National Team, and I donīt know if he would be good enough. However, itīs still pretty impressive he plays for one of the strongest team in the Allsvenskan.

Eyelanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 05:51 AM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorhockeyfollower View Post
I watched BIK Karlskoga playing twice last week and noticed this 17-year-old defenseman played a solid game. I wondered if anyone could tell me a little bit more about the player. Excellent skating ability and seemed to play well in his own end, despite not having an ideal size for a defenseman. He is too old for U18 National Team, and I donīt know if he would be good enough. However, itīs still pretty impressive he plays for one of the strongest team in the Allsvenskan.
An excellent skater as you say, but I don't agree with him being able to handle himself very well defensively. When attacked on the outside he can't, despite his excellent feet, stop the forward from cutting in, and he has no chance whatsoever at moving or directing opposing forwards to where he wants them.

There have certainly been a few cases of good defensemen who aren't very strong, but this is a bit too glaring to get very excited just yet in my mind.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Et le But

I hope he makes it because of his name.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 04:10 AM
Glory

Glory is offline   Reply With Quote