HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cory Schneider and only Cory Schneider!

Old
11-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Phil Kessel for Cory Schneider.
Kesler for Reimer ?

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:56 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
I would do the JVR deal if it was JVR + Kadri + 2013 1st + B Prospect otherwise its an easy no to the rest of the deals.
I kinda agree with that. That's a huge price for Toronto to pay, but Vancouver doesn't want to deal Schneider away.

Jury is still out on JVR's offence due to consistency and the same can be said about Kadri.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Moore Money

Maybe if you combine all those into one and add two more 1st you could land Schneider. AKA he's not available.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:00 PM
zytz
lumberjack

As an impartial party I feel like the Leafs win every single one of those deals in OP. Not by a landslide or anything.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:23 PM
DJOpus

Simply do not want to trade Schneider. After this year he's either going to be worth an insane amount (because her kept his level over more games), what he is now (maintains a 0.918 over more games) or with a 2nd (if he can't handle the starters role).

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Kesler for Reimer ?
Reimer is an excellent comparable for Schneider. They're both goalies!

Schneider just isn't going to be moved. Looks like a franchise player in the making.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:24 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Kesler for Reimer ?
Nope. Just we aren't going to give Toronto a great goalie for free. You want Luongo, give us something of value. You want Schneider? Give us something even more valuable. It's simple.

11-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Sevanston

Chicago wouldn't ship out any of their proven top 6 forwards.

Schneider just doesn't have similar value to any of them. He's worth less that Toews, Kane, Hossa, and Sharp; but also he's way more valuable than Stalberg and Kruger combined.

But we could send you an unproven forward or two with potential.

How's Mark Mcneill for a start? RH power center that plays all situations. The Hawks are currently thinking of playing him in the pros as a RW, so he might be able to slide in right next to Kesler (optimistically).

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:33 PM
CanucksSayEh

There's no one player on the leafs i would want straight up for Schnieds. Trading him would be a mistake unless the return made ya choke. He's just too damn good.

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post

Schneider just doesn't have similar value to any of them. He's worth less that Toews, Kane, Hossa, and Sharp; but also he's way more valuable than Stalberg and Kruger combined.

How's Mark Mcneill for a start? RH power center that plays all situations. The Hawks are currently thinking of playing him in the pros as a RW, so he might be able to slide in right next to Kesler (optimistically).
Yeah that makes sense for the Canucks.. Make their hated rival a power house for a b prospect.

Old
11-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:

If we weren't rivals I'd ask for Saad and tell you to keep adding. But because we are I'd ask for Kane and ask how much we need to add.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:39 PM
StringerBell

Quote:

In a word, poor, and if you had to ask then I don't know how much further this discussion can go.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:41 PM
TurdFerguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
If we weren't rivals I'd ask for Saad and tell you to keep adding. But because we are I'd ask for Kane and ask how much we need to add.
Chicago politely declines in order to keep a productive thread. We understand that the only way a Schneider trade will get us a decent young goalie is with something like that trade mentioned earlier involving Holtby.

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:44 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post

Cory Schneider
Mason Raymond

Joffrey Lupul
Nazem Kadri
Conditional first (only if Lupul does not resign)
------

Cory Schneider

James Van Riemsdyk
1st 2013 or Nazem Kadri
With the Lupul deal I assume that would be a conditional 2014 1st, since he won't be up for free agency until just after the 2013 draft. I would do that deal, because I too would be fairly confident that Lupul would re-sign with the Nucks, so it would probably be Schneider/Raymond for Lupul/Kadri,

As for the JVR deal, I'd do it with Kadri, but not with the 2013 1st. If things go poorly for us, we're going to need that 1st, too risky to throw it away, especially in a year with a tonne of great centre prospects.

So as a Leafs fan, yes to:
- Schneider and Raymond for Lupul, Kadri and a conditional 2014 1st if Lupul doesn't re-sign
- Schneider for JVR and Kadri

I don't see the Nucks trading Schneider though, I do think it's Luongo they'll deal, even though they could get a much better return for Schneider. These deals would also be my absolute limits in terms of value, that's A LOT to give up for a goalie (even an excellent young one), but I would do those two trades (just barely).

My preference would be the Lupul deal. I really like Lupul, but he's 29 while JVR is 23, and as a team we really should be more concerned with the future than the present. He's also set to become a UFA in 2013, and while the Nucks probably wouldn't have trouble re-signing him (playing in the top 6 on a cup contender in a beautiful city is pretty attractive), the Leafs might (huge media pressure, little team success).

Last edited by ponder: 11-08-2012 at 08:53 PM.
ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Since there has been some traction involving Schneider. I thought it best he have his own, lest we get boggled down in Luongo discussions. Therefore, I ask all proposals strictly be kept to those involving Schneider.

On the subject at hand, these were the offers I proposed in the other thread, alongside a few others. And I'd like to gauge Leafdom's reaction. I also preface this by saying I am open to twinks and debates on the offers.

Cory Schneider
Mason Raymond

Joffrey Lupul
Nazem Kadri
Conditional first (only if Lupul does not resign)
------

Cory Schneider

James Van Riemsdyk
1st 2013 or Nazem Kadri
------

Cory Schneider

Mikhail Grabovski (Personally, I would be content straight up but some will argue more)
------

Cory Schneider

Jake Gardiner
Conditional 1st (playoffs or defaults to 2014)
------

My personal choice would be the Lupul trade. He best answers our needs and am confident not only that we can resign him, but he will maintain a 60+ point performance. Admittedly, him being a favorite of mine does lead to partial bias.
As a leafs fan I will go through them.

1. It is not bad I would prefer something different than Raymond as I am not a fan of him. I don't know what as I put Raymond in the same class and Clarke MacArthur and their value is so skewed due to HFBoards.

2. JVR is what we needed in our Top 6. He has not played a game yet so I would like to see what he can do before moving him out. Value is fine just we want

3. I would be down. Grabo is nice and all but in the end we have a glut of these 2C/3C so Really it won't hurt too much.

4. Leaf fans wont like it Jake is a god right now. So No.

Mystifo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Moore Money

These are the type of offers that are realistic for Luongo not Schneider.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:15 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
3. I would be down. Grabo is nice and all but in the end we have a glut of these 2C/3C so Really it won't hurt too much.
Completely disagree. Grabo is the best centre on our team by an absolutely MASSIVE margin, nobody else is remotely close. If we lose Grabo, the Kessel line becomes the only one that can create offence at all. If we want to make the playoffs in the next few years, we don't trade Grabo.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:26 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Cory Schneider
Conditional first (only if Lupul re-signs)

Joffrey Lupul
Nazem Kadri

BayStBullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
I would do the JVR deal if it was JVR + Kadri + 2013 1st + B Prospect otherwise its an easy no to the rest of the deals.
This is how threads get derailed

Hockey 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:33 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post

Cory Schneider

Joffrey Lupul
Nazem Kadri
No thanks.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post

Cory Schneider

Joffrey Lupul
Nazem Kadri
That's terrible. If we're adding something of significant value(like a 1st) then there's exactly one player on the Leafs we'd target.

JVR + 1st is my ideal package from the Leafs, and I would be willing to add Schroeder.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
Kesler for Reimer ?
One of these things is not like the other...

Samzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Halpysback

Reminds me of the Steve Mason threads after his Calder year, except he was younger and did more on a worse team.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:47 PM
ProstheticConscience
WWIII

vCash: 883
Not interested in a single one of the OP's trades. The JVR deal comes close, but it's not as if they'll trade JVR after just acquiring him. Serious pass on the rest.

Quote:

McNeill? Not so much. For Schneider you're looking at a roster player, and an impact player if it's the Hawks. As overblown as the Canucks/Hawks rivalry has become, I still can't see MG wanting to fix the Hawks' biggest weakness unless something completely mind-blowing comes back this way. One of HF's favourite pastimes is ******** all over Luongo, so it's become lost that the real reason he's on his way out is Schneider's play. We've seen this guy developed all the way up, and to lose him to Chicago of all teams would have the city (assuming everyone doesn't get all passive-aggressive from the strike) up in arms. Moving Schneider is one thing. Moving him to Chicago? Has to be an added tax on that. Especially how thin we are with young talent coming up. Just my thoughts on it, anyway.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Reminds me of the Steve Mason threads after his Calder year, except he was younger and did more on a worse team.
You're right, Schneider is definitely going to bust. Best not trade either of our goalies then unless someone really overpays. Otherwise we might be stuck where the Leafs are now.