HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2012 Subway Series II

Old
11-15-2012, 11:48 PM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Nice job WHL, another clutch performance in game six to lose the series just like 2010/11.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Alberta tough

Rattie, Wotherspoon, and Comrie played well.

Alberta tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:49 PM
bruinsfan46

For as bad as the OHL forwards played, who knew the WHL forwards would be much, much worse? Dumba-Pouliot managed to make Koekkoek-Murphy look like a shutdown pair too.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta tough View Post
Rattie, Wotherspoon, and Comrie played well.
Don't forget Reinhart.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:51 PM
Alberta tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Don't forget Reinhart.
I thought he was just ok.

Alberta tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
I thought Reinhart was the best defenseman tonight. He and Wotherspoon were the two I thought played the best.

Edit: Unfortunately, I just wasn't that impressed with the rest of their blue line tonight. There were a lot of mistakes, and not a whole lot of positive to make up for them.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:53 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Hopefully the lack of offense in the OHL and the WHL means kids like MacKinnon and Drouin have their place on the roster.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Siberian

Weird series. Team Q played great in Game 2, both OHL and WHL failed to impress. Russia looked inconsistent, very good defence and outstanding goaltending with terrible, probably the worst PP I have seen from recent Russian U-20 teams. Yakupov showed zero, I am not so sure if the team may have been better without him.

Siberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:56 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
For as bad as the OHL forwards played, who knew the WHL forwards would be much, much worse? Dumba-Pouliot managed to make Koekkoek-Murphy look like a shutdown pair too.
To be honest OHL should've NEVER lost game one.

But this also shows how much hockey is growing and developing around the world, because this has to be one of the most physical teams I've ever seen from Europe.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:56 PM
caley

I had a fun time watching this, because as an Oiler fan, I was kinda rooting for Russia (As the series is basically meaningless anyways) and it was a different experience seeing it from their viewpoint (I can kinda understand why other countries get ticked off with Canadian media and fans now. lol ).

I think the best thing in the entire tournament, besides the video judge cursing on TV, was when they had the terrible soundsystem in Val-d'Or and the Russian anthem sounded like it was being beamed in from 1983 and they showed the one Russian player laughing while the anthem played, I assume, because it sounded so bad.

Players who really opened my eyes in this were: Hunter Shinkaruk (As good offensively as advertised, but also a willingness to go to high traffic areas and hit); Andrey Makarov (He basically kept Russia in the first WHL game and looked like probably the best goalie in the entire series); Eric Comrie (Came in at a tough time and stood tall, tracked pucks well, and projected some confidence out there); Yaroslav Kosov (Continued his good play from the summer, with a nice mix of surprising speed and size); Artem Sergeev (Who picked up the mantle from Yakupov and looked like the most dangerous offensive player in the tournament) and Nail Yakupov (Because I'm an Oiler fan ).

caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Congrats to the Russians.

As for WHL(Canadians) the players who will play at the WJC can use this as motivation, And try to win on their turf next time round.

Rare Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:58 PM
Siberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post

But this also shows how much hockey is growing and developing around the world, because this has to be one of the most physical teams I've ever seen from Europe.
This statement is ridiculous. You should watch more of international hockey. Russian team from 2 years ago was more physical than this year's team.

Siberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:58 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:

Oh they absolutely should have won that game, Binnington could have easily made a save. And the Russians were impressive physically, WHL hit them and hit them hard and they barely blinked.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:00 AM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:

Team Canada will need to bring a BIG (in order to NOT get pushed around) skating team...there will be a few BIG teams..Russia, Sweden, USA and even the Czechs will be BIG and also skate...its not enough to bring 1 BIG line and 3 puny, small, diminutive lines...

MyNameIsNobody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:01 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
This statement is ridiculous. You should watch more of international hockey. Russian team from 2 years ago was more physical than this year's team.
So I make a good statement about international hockey and you call it ridiculous? Odd.

I do watch a lot of international hockey and for a junior team to match Canadians physicality is very impressive, definitely one of the first times I've seen that. Bold is keywords.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:01 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs03 View Post
Yukapov is so overrated..He hasn't done anything all this series...
Ya he's been a piece of junk.. Bad turnovers and decisions by him tonight. Teamates set him up a couple times for glorious chances and he whiffed. I would leave him home but then if you lose you take some serious blame for not bringing him. Whatever maybe he will turn it on in December.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:06 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Ya he's been a piece of junk.. Bad turnovers and decisions by him tonight. Teamates set him up a couple times for glorious chances and he whiffed. I would leave him home but then if you lose you take some serious blame for not bringing him. Whatever maybe he will turn it on in December.
hmm.. strongly disagree, it's not always about scoring goals

His team won, I say that he's done his job as a Captain.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:10 AM
Fulcrum

I think things look good for Russia overall.

They found their offensive game and their defensive game looks the best that I've seen in a VERY long time.

With an optimal squad and bigger Ice surface for WJC it's a capable team and more balanced the year. Just have to put it together for the key games.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:16 AM
malkinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
hmm.. strongly disagree, it's not always about scoring goals

His team won, I say that he's done his job as a Captain.
I disagree as well, tonnes of turnovers. The first Canadian goal specifically he whiffed on a sure goal then missed his back check. On the power play he has been atrocious with his decision making. He sets up for the slapshot along the half boards and he always shoots it. The goalie just cheats over to him now because its so obvious, they know he's not going to make a pass cross seem, which a player of his caliber should be able to do... OV sets up there too, but he throws a pass across from time to time so the goalies dont cheat..
He likes to show everyone his neat stickhandling skills whenever he gets the puck, but he ends up losing it most of the time. Its been more than just a lack of production, its lack of usefullness. The other forwards have been very impressive and hustled. They are just more usefull.

Old
11-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Nash

A couple over reactions in here as to what Canada needs to bring to beat these Russians. News flash...this is not the best Russia will bring to the WJC and obviously it isn't for Canada either.

It's good to see Russia bring closer to an A squad for this than they ever have before. I hope they continue that trend as in the past this tournament has been a joke at times.

Maybe each junior league should ice one complete team for both games instead of split squads. Goalies splitting games is silly. Also, as this is considered somewhat of an evaluation for Team Canada, almost 90 players is a bit excessive. Without split squads, the coaches would still see at least 60 players. That's more than enough. The development camp isn't even that big and this doesn't include college or NHL eligible guys.

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Yea I disagree too. Yak had a great game tonight. Just by his skating alone he caused timely turnovers and created offence.

Sartorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:25 AM
malkinfan

On the flip side, man did anyone else notice Kirill Dyakov? This guy is high end.. Very fast and strong, I didn't see him get beat the whole tournament. Has very good stickhandling and passing skills, physical and a pest as well. Just a great all round player.
Nesterov was weak the 1st few games but steadied the last 2 although he did get beat and made a few mistakes tonight. Overall the Russian D are tanks, its going to be hard to make decisions;

Dyakov, Naumenkov, Nesterov, Yarullin, Zadorov, Sergeyev.

Bold guys are locks, what do you think about the remainder, I guess Mironov is #7?

Old
11-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Nash

I forgot to say congrats to the Russians. Great job. Keep bringing close to your best for this tournament in the future.

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:26 AM
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser

Also, I thought Lowry had an awesome series. I really hope he makes team Canada. He's so effective and would fit a 3rd or 4th line role perfectly.

Sartorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:28 AM
malkinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrappingYoungChad View Post
Yea I disagree too. Yak had a great game tonight. Just by his skating alone he caused timely turnovers and created offence.
Played awful IDK if you were watching the game or your avatar