HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Taylor Beck

Old
11-10-2012, 04:11 PM
StormSurge9

vCash: 500
Taylor Beck

I followed him throughout his junior career here in Guelph and always thought he was a great OHL player.

I see this year he is sitting at PPG numbers through 11 games. Has anyone watched him this season? Care to give thoughts? What does the future hold for him as far as making the show?

Thanks for any input!

StormSurge9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

vCash: 500
I also watched him while he was with Guelph. I'm also a preds fan but have only seen him play 1 AHL game this year so I'm afraid my knowledge is pretty limited.

Had a 3pt game last night with 6 shots. He certainly has a shot at a bottom 6 spot this/next year if he continues to produce like this. He has company though with Mueller who's usually the first choice in terms of a call-up, and the likes of Cehlin/Bourque who will challenge for a spot aswel. Bourque has a large advantage having already played for the Preds and produced quite well during the playoffs.

Projects as a hard working forward who can win battles, do the dirty work, and play a simple game. His offensive side of the puck is a work in progress in the AHL but looks to be off to a good start. He was a lights out scorer with Guelph, so it's only a matter of time until he can translate his game to the pros.

Last edited by Everlong: 11-10-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote