HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread Part VI: Kreiders Underwear is not a Ladies man.

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 01:14 AM
Groot
I am Groot.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Maybe I'll jump in, because I don't expect anything too serious. Part of me is still into someone else as my buddy ThatCrazyRangerFan, and I have discussed numerous times.

Man this is almost like a therapy session!
Welcome to the NYR OT Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 01:16 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
I went to a psychiatrist once. He just made me draw pictures of houses and squares.

I'm a terrible artist.

11-29-2012, 01:20 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGRYK21 View Post
14 years isn't really that much of an age difference, and I'm sure you don't look a day over 28, you never know man, some chicks might like older dudes, a lot of my girl friends my age are like that. So it's worth a shot, and if it fails, at least you tried.
Thanks for the support man. If I see her in the next three weeks again I'll see what kinda nerve I can spark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Are you trying to get with her for a night or two or for a few years? If it's the latter, then there's no need to tell her your real age if you think that will turn away opportunities. You can if you want. Lying about age isn't really a bad thing in my books. If it only serves to kill potential enjoyment of each other's company, then why be truthful? I'm not really a moral compass guy but age is not that big of a deal tbh.
Well I'm certainly not into one night stands, or things like that. My heart is really into someone else right now who's in California that I cannot be with right now. This girl(Bridget, not the California one) has a kid though. Like a baby, but I don't believe she's with the father anymore. Kinda hope she's not one of those looking to latch onto an older guy for those purposes.

Old
11-29-2012, 05:10 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

You try to get some sleep once, and this happens....

11-29-2012, 05:28 AM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
You try to get some sleep once, and this happens....
You're up early.

I had a shout out asking where you were earlier.

This was the most eventful night of OT Thread this off season and you missed it.

Old
11-29-2012, 06:38 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Well I don't frequent this thread often but I will offer my two cents here as well. I've eyed this girl I work with for a year and a half. She was in a relationship with some frat dbag. They finally ended it, so I didn't pounce I played it cool. I asked if she wanted to be my date at a wedding she surprisingly said yes. We had a great time. A few weeks later she was transferring in the hospital, so at this point I said I need to take my shot. I'd rather get rejected than always asking what if. She said she wasn't interested in dating right now but wanted to remain friends. Fine whatever, I really cared for this girl and my heart was ripped out but at the end of the day I have no regret.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:22 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
You're up early.

I had a shout out asking where you were earlier.

This was the most eventful night of OT Thread this off season and you missed it.
I go to sleep at 11, and get up at 6 every day (minus the weekend and Friday)
I left just seconds before your post began the conversationat 10:58
Also, you're up late

Old
11-29-2012, 08:38 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

This thread is ridiculous

TCRF (is it the girl we tried to track on Facebook? I thought we had found her), and newcomer Devils fan (why would you make such a terrible life decision, and become a Devs fan? )... If you guys ever DO get your dream girls, don't be stupid. Keep her. I've found, in my 22 years on this earth, that regrets are the hardest thing to live with. I don't care if I went for something and failed, I care if I never tried. Some people say "well, it's never too late." But that's wrong. In some cases it most certainly can be too late.

No regrets.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:51 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

In precalc today: teacher-

"I thought if something to name the endpoints of the minor axis:
Emina."

But that sounds too much like enema, so let's not do that."

Me:

Old
11-29-2012, 09:50 AM
SERE 24
LGR

I tend not to post in our OT thread very often, but... I feel like weighing in a little bit here.

Fear of rejection is, in my opinion, one of the most irrationally crippling phobias one can experience. It literally prevents you from acting on your instinct and desire, for fear of a different outcome from the one you're hoping for and at the same time, twists the reality of those undesirable outcomes into visions of something much, much worse. We imagine rejection as being horrible, humiliating and unbearable. And then it turns out to just be a bit embarrassing and, in many ways, a lot healthier and better for you (heart and mind) than sitting around feeling anxious about whether or not to ask someone out in the first place.

That twisted up, undecided "should I or shouldn't I?" that guys sometimes deal with for weeks, months or maybe years, fretting over a girl is an unnecessary, uncomfortable, unhealthy way of life. Rejection frees you. You bite the bullet, take a deep breath and go for it; she either says yes, or (99% of the time) politely lets you down. Either way, you're free from your anxiety. Trust me, I have spent significantly more time in my life dealing with the anxiety of wanting to ask a girl out but not knowing how to approach it, and wondering "what if" than I have feeling sorry after getting rejected.

Somehow, after the rejection, the "what if" has been answered, the hard part (mustering the courage to ask her) has already been handled, and the feelings that follow are never as terrible as you expect them to be. In fact, usually, you get over it quite quickly. It's not like you got dumped by someone you devoted months or years of your life to and were in love with. Your fear of rejection has nothing to do with a broken heart; it has to do with embarrassment. You're afraid of that awkward moment where she says no and you're still standing in front of her trying to shake it off without looking like a baby.

The best thing about being embarrassed though, is you realize that, most of the time you shake it off pretty easily. And each time you do, you get better at it. I mean think about it; if you're a normal guy, you've embarrassed yourself dozens of times in front of friends and family and you've either laughed it off almost immediately, or were later able to look back and laugh. The only reason you're afraid of the embarrassment of rejection is because you're not asking out your friends and family (one would hope); you're asking out a person who, comparatively, is a stranger. Just do it. Embrace the possibility of rejection. Get rejected 100 times. The more times you get rejected, the higher the odds of the next one saying yes become. The more often you simply go for it, and embrace the possibility of rejection, the easier it becomes to keep going for it without worrying about this silly rejection business. You'll realize that it's really not that bad.

I'm 26. I've asked out a lot of girls. I've been rejected a lot. I also have been with a lot of girls at this point and dated a few great women, the most recent of whom I will probably ask to marry me when I get my self sorted financially. For years I suffered through the anxiety of waiting and hoping for the "opportune moment" to ask girls out. I was terrified of rejection. I was also terrified of things like dancing in public (embarrassing). Somewhere between 18 and 22 I just decided, **** it. I started asking girls out a lot more frequently. I started dancing at the bar (we're not talking Michael Jackson here, but girls would rather go with the guy who looks willing than the guy who stands in the corner surrounded by his male friends all night). I started hitting the gym, hard (I'd been lifting for a while, but I was "shy" with it, in that I wouldn't push myself too hard because I didn't want to look stupid when I was younger). I started raising my hand in class a lot (used to ONLY speak when called on). I started holding on to the puck more at practice, and eventually in games and rush it myself instead of just sticking to my role as a checking forward. Guess what?

I found out that I dance as well as any white guy who can't dance. I bulk up pretty easily and fitness and lifting are now a huge part of my life. My suspicion that, even though I didn't want to speak out in class before, I was usually one of the smartest people there was confirmed when the professor's started asking my opinion during each lesson. My junior year of college hockey was something of a "break out" for me and I went from scoring like 2 goals and 5 points a year to scoring like 13 goals and 25 points for the rest of my college career. And I got girls to go out with me just as often as I got rejected.

Basically, what I'm saying is, put yourself out there until you become immune to embarrassment. Get outside your comfort zone. I have a little brother who is in college now and since he's been 16 he's complained to me about not getting girls and how they're just not into him. I told him this past summer "listen you're 21, you're in great shape, you're funny, you dress well... you have to put yourself out there more; you have to go outside of your comfort zone and it will happen". He's having the best semester of his life, never comes home on the weekends because he's too busy having a crazy social life and texts me every weekend about his exploits and shenanigans. Nothing is going to come to you. The opportune moment you're waiting for rarely presents itself. You have to go for it. It won't hurt, I promise.

Last edited by SERE 24: 11-29-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old
11-29-2012, 09:56 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Awesome post.

Preach.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Good points ^^^^

And silver she doesn't have a Facebook. Makes it that much harder. But I'm dealing. There's one person that seems interested in TCRF too. We shall see how this goes. Lol

Old
11-29-2012, 10:44 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Good points ^^^^

And silver she doesn't have a Facebook. Makes it that much harder. But I'm dealing. There's one person that seems interested in TCRF too. We shall see how this goes. Lol
Doesn't have a Facebook? In this day and age? BLASPHEMY

Old
11-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Doesn't have a Facebook? In this day and age? BLASPHEMY

That's what I said I'm starving. Help me.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:27 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
That's what I said I'm starving. Help me.
If you're starving as in literally hungry, then go to Rachels in the commons and get a chicken slouvaki wrap, if not for you, then at least for me .

If you're starving for female company, then I'd suggest just asking the girl for a cup of coffee at Tim Horton's one day? Or to lunch? Or to the movies? Or to dinner? Or just sit next to her in class and chat her up and see what her deal is?

Maybe she has a LinkedIn or a Twitter? I'd recommend in person stalking/communicating over cyber stalking/communicating however

Old
11-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

I always thought asking someone to see a movie was a weird date. You spend the majority of it in a dark place without looking or speaking to each other.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:36 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I always thought asking someone to see a movie was a weird date. You spend the majority of it in a dark place without looking or speaking to each other.
Then do movie - dinner. Have something to talk about at dinner?

But I'm not the person to be looking for advice from on this subject, believe me that.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:38 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Chats? Where?
He's right

You never do chat anymore

11-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
He's right

You never do chat anymore
Well, when does everyone usually go on?

Every time I show up, its generally empty until SS joins and says 2 sentences before disappearing into the night.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:42 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Well, when does everyone usually go on?

Every time I show up, its generally empty until SS joins and says 2 sentences before disappearing into the night.
Usually at night but chat has been dead of late yes. There's always some good ix bashing which everyone loves even on the dead nights though.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:43 AM
NYR Viper

Ask her to ice skating at the Pepsi right across the street.....easy date

Old
11-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Usually at night but chat has been dead of late yes. There's always some good ix bashing which everyone loves even on the dead nights though.
I could get into this.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:53 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Finally got that text saying I "won" a $1000 Target gift card. Good thing I read the article about it yesterday.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
Finally got that text saying I "won" a $1000 Target gift card. Good thing I read the article about it yesterday.
Or you have common sense

Old
11-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
Any one see Cam Talbot's mask? I think its awesome!
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter

Closed Thread