HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Part 4|GM#12:Toronto @ Oklahoma City|13/11/2012|11:30AM|Stars that don't shine

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2012, 09:03 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

vCash: 500
Part 4|GM#12:Toronto @ Oklahoma City|13/11/2012|11:30AM|Stars that don't shine

frattin is our saviour

Last edited by mikebel111: 11-07-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old
11-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

After 7 games Marlies expected top 3 scorers Aucion, Kadri and Colborne have yet to get on the scoreboard this season.

Hopefully this will change soon, as their offense if going to be required for Marlies to be competitive.

11-02-2012, 10:38 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
After 7 games Marlies expected top 3 scorers Aucion, Kadri and Colborne have yet to get on the scoreboard this season.

Hopefully this will change soon, as their offense if going to be required for Marlies to be competitive.
I thought Colborne played well yesterday in terms of driving the play.

Hopefully he can keep it up as it will only benefit his game in the long run.

11-02-2012, 10:44 AM
G51 K81*

Been saying it since the 1st Marlies game this year, Kadri looks EXACTLY the same as the previous 2 years. Do not see an improvement in any aspect of his game (shot, speed, defensive coverage). I think it is safe to say now, after 7 games, he may look even worse than previous years.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:49 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51 K81 View Post
Been saying it since the 1st Marlies game this year, Kadri looks EXACTLY the same as the previous 2 years. Do not see an improvement in any aspect of his game (shot, speed, defensive coverage). I think it is safe to say now, after 7 games, he may look even worse than previous years.
Nothing is safe to say after 7 games. Kadri's not the only one who looks out of sorts. Marlies need to bring a better team game consistency, on all fronts.

Many players don't look the way they did last year.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:57 AM
G51 K81*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
Nothing is safe to say after 7 games. Kadri's not the only one who looks out of sorts. Marlies need to bring a better team game consistency, on all fronts.

Many players don't look the way they did last year.
How is it not safe to say? I said based on the 7 games he has looked worse than prior years. Not saying Kadri is going to suck forever.

Yeah the rest of the team does also suck, but players that should be in the NHL (Gardiner) show why they deserve to be in the NHL.

Last edited by G51 K81*: 11-02-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old
11-02-2012, 11:07 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
How is it not safe to say? I said based on the 7 games he has looked worse than prior years. Not saying Kadri is going to suck forever.

Yeah the rest of the team does also suck, but players that should be in the NHL (Gardiner) show why they deserve to be in the NHL.
And I'm saying you basing it off 7 games is too small of a sample size when the whole team is in a funk. Kadri has shown more offensive flair than many others, and he has shown good signs. Can he be better? Yes, certainly. No one IMO aside from Gardiner is really playing to their potential right now.

And Gardiner was also one of the best rookie defenseman in the league last year - there's no question he belongs in the NHL, and in a prominent role. I don't think just because Kadri isn't lighting the world on fire that he necessarily wouldn't fit into an NHL spot. Not a prominent one perhaps at this point, but I think he could find a role.

For the Marlies sake, let's hope a few of our better prospects step up offensively.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:15 AM
G51 K81*

Quote:
And I'm saying you basing it off 7 games is too small of a sample size when the whole team is in a funk. Kadri has shown more offensive flair than many others, and he has shown good signs. Can he be better? Yes, certainly. No one IMO aside from Gardiner is really playing to their potential right now.

And Gardiner was also one of the best rookie defenseman in the league last year - there's no question he belongs in the NHL, and in a prominent role. I don't think just because Kadri isn't lighting the world on fire that he necessarily wouldn't fit into an NHL spot. Not a prominent one perhaps at this point, but I think he could find a role.

For the Marlies sake, let's hope a few of our better prospects step up offensively.
Ever since he was drafted, Kadri has shown that he has offensive flare. He has been able to pull off spectacular plays but at the same time he makes complete bonehead plays. That was the part of his game he has to improve the most, but to be honest that part of his game is identical to when he was 18/19. I do not see one area where he has improved. He still makes great plays, he also makes awful plays. He still has below average skating, he is also knocked off the puck way too easily. He is lackluster defensively. Most people around here only acknowledge his great hands and great vision (which he does have), but there is still too many flaws in his game in my opinion.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:25 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Ever since he was drafted, Kadri has shown that he has offensive flare. He has been able to pull off spectacular plays but at the same time he makes complete bonehead plays. That was the part of his game he has to improve the most, but to be honest that part of his game is identical to when he was 18/19. I do not see one area where he has improved. He still makes great plays, he also makes awful plays. He still has below average skating, he is also knocked off the puck way too easily. He is lackluster defensively. Most people around here only acknowledge his great hands and great vision (which he does have), but there is still too many flaws in his game in my opinion.
I'm not saying he's perfect. I'm also not expecting him to be something he's not. He has to be better - so do many others.

The bottom line I'm trying to make is you saying he hasn't looked good in 7 games so you think it's 'safe' to say he's worse than the last two seasons is, IMO, silly. It would be the same thing if he was lighting it up after 7 games and people said now he's fixed all his issues. It's the same thing I told people after game one - pump the brakes a bit on the over-hyping of players because they came out and dominated as a team.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:55 AM
G51 K81*

Quote:
I'm not saying he's perfect. I'm also not expecting him to be something he's not. He has to be better - so do many others.

The bottom line I'm trying to make is you saying he hasn't looked good in 7 games so you think it's 'safe' to say he's worse than the last two seasons is, IMO, silly. It would be the same thing if he was lighting it up after 7 games and people said now he's fixed all his issues. It's the same thing I told people after game one - pump the brakes a bit on the over-hyping of players because they came out and dominated as a team.
Most of the issues are not a result of a slump. They are not overnight fixes. Unless he goes on roids...

Old
11-02-2012, 12:02 PM
ErikP803

Quote:
Most of the issues are not a result of a slump. They are not overnight fixes. Unless he goes on roids...
If they are not overnight fixes, then why can't people have patience and wait for more than 7 games to declare his progress this season to be lacking? Seems to me that he's getting the chances, just doesn't have the best puck luck right now, which should sort itself out soon and he'll start racking up the points.

On the subject of Colborne, anyone else notice him playing a bit more physical last night? Saw his throw a few nice hits and stand up for a teammate, good to see him using his size for more than just puck protection.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:26 PM
hockeygeek
Rejisturd User

Quote:
I thought Kadri played a really good game last night. I think he's improved dramatically on his decision making and he made some really nifty dishes last night that went nowhere. Hopefully it starts to go in for him

Old
11-02-2012, 02:09 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

kadri has improved alot from his first camp, turnovers are less now, he is stronger now, plus improved his decision making, he can be better, but he has been good, just snake bitten

Old
11-02-2012, 02:12 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygeek View Post
I thought Kadri played a really good game last night. I think he's improved dramatically on his decision making and he made some really nifty dishes last night that went nowhere. Hopefully it starts to go in for him

he needs a goal, he is not a d liability, getting chances, just needs a goal, he might be frustrated, eakins thinks he is really improved, and pucks will go in for him, its a matter of time,

the people that are saying he has been bad are looking at stats,
he has only had one bad game

Old
11-02-2012, 02:15 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Clayton Hansler ‏@chansler
Coming into tonight's lineup is rookie tandem Brad Ross & Spencer Abbott. #Marlies

I love the changes, we need a spark on offence and need energy,

I really hope deschamps sits, he has been useless

Old
11-02-2012, 02:17 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
Clayton Hansler ‏@chansler
Coming into tonight's lineup is rookie tandem Brad Ross & Spencer Abbott. #Marlies

I love the changes, we need a spark on offence and need energy,

I really hope deschamps sits, he has been useless
PLEASE be Deschamps benched.

Old
11-02-2012, 02:21 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post

here comes FSP

Old
11-02-2012, 02:21 PM
G51 K81*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
this.

Also wish Devane got a chance, hopefully Ross impresses.

Old
11-02-2012, 02:26 PM
JVR2112

Yeah I want to see Devane. I think there were multiple chances for Colborne to drive the net but he just passed it off, same thing for Hamilton. Considering how big Colborne is, I don't get it. Devane would have went right through the defender.

Old
11-02-2012, 02:41 PM
hockeygeek
Rejisturd User

In Deschamps defense he created the Marlies best scoring chance last night by spliting the D with his speed. Unfortunately he put it right in the goalie's bread basket

Old
11-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Just saw the highlights...we didn't really look anything special. Can't even believe this is the calder cup team, guess we still need to find out mojo

11-02-2012, 08:15 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Why is this not on TV anywere?

Leafs TV is showing reruns and RTV has local garbage.

Old
11-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Everlong
-

Jon Abbott ‏@HockeyAbbs

#MarliesLive update...Acton/Deschamps/Gysbers/Yeo/Scrivens all out of lineup. Ross,Abbott, Rynnas in..Owuya starts. 10pm on @TSN1050Radio

Old
11-02-2012, 08:44 PM
JVR2112

Jon Abbott ‏@HockeyAbbs
#MarliesLive update...Acton/Deschamps/Gysbers/Yeo/Scrivens all out of lineup. Ross,Abbott, Rynnas in..Owuya starts. 10pm on @TSN1050Radio

Owuya!!

Edit: beat to it lol

Old
11-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Jon Abbott ‏@HockeyAbbs

Knew it.

Closed Thread