HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-season madness the 2nd: Jays get Reyes, Johnson, Buehrle, Bonifacio

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 09:05 PM
AndMat*

vCash: 500
How much Money on jays Payroll next year? and how much does Adam Fail make?

Old
11-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Remember the Joe Thornton to San Jose trade? Thornton to SJ for Sturm, Brad Stuart, and Wayne Primeau?

Well, imagine that, but if the Bruins also threw in Chara (who they didn't have yet, but let's ignore that fact) and Patrice Bergeron (pre-injuries) and the Sharks only had to add Alyn McCauley and prospects outside their top 5.

That's kind of what it's like.
i dont like that analogy

my brother said if we dealt with LA and got Richards, Carter, and Quick for (whoever toronto has, nobody cares)

Old
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
If I'm not mistaken he's played a little 1B in the minors since being with our org.

Wouldn't be completely surprised if they get him some starts there. "Napoli" him for a year.

He's obviously better defensively than JP, but its a possibility
That could certainly happen. I'm very excited to see what goes down.

Old
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Not a knock on this great trade or anything but Buehrle and Reyes have very back loaded contracts. If the trade leads to success on the field rogers should be more than willing to spend the money.

Got this from the Bruins board of all places.

Buehrle only made 6 million last year and is due to make 11/18/19 million over next three years...Reyes made 10 million and is due 10/10/16/22/22/22/22 over the next 7 years

Old
11-13-2012, 09:07 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal007 View Post
Lmao oh lawd. Are you being serious? I am here as often as most regular posters, I just have nothing to add to the discussion, so I stay quiet lol.

And the comment is when you (and others) were called hipsters for sounding higher and mightier than other posters that didn't post as often around here. It had something to do with the association of the Jays and the Leafs, I don't remember exactly. I believe it was the poster, Drop the Mits, who called you out. But hey, I'm not here posting all the time with my blue jay avatar, I must be some noob who doesn't understand **** about baseball. oh you lol
LMAO. Your here as often as others but never post but I'm suppose to know that how again? Priceless.

Higher and mightier. Really? It's because we defended AA when guys like drop the mitts among others could add nothing more to a discussion than rogers is cheap and will never spend real money and that AA was a mule for them and didn't have the guts to go big. We preached patience and that when they felt the time was right they would spend. Well guess what? The elistist/hipsters were right. Never said you didn't know anything about baseball. I said if you spent more time here you'd understand why the name was there. Also, why the sarcasm meter is a tough thing to have when posting on a jays board.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:07 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
so damn curious to see what they do at Catcher. Would they really keep Buck and Arencibia !? I guess one could DH
Personally I think JP is going to get dealt for a prospect to go back into the system.

TDA is ready, and Buck is the perfect backup catcher.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:08 PM
HOCKEYGOON

I talked to some NL baseball fans and they said that Reyes has a bad hammy and is on the road to regression.

They better not be rustling my jimmies on this one.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMat View Post
Around 115.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOCKEYGOON View Post
I talked to some NL baseball fans and they said that Reyes has a bad hammy and is on the road to regression.

They better not be rustling my jimmies on this one.
They're not. The turf will only make it worse. But it was one of those deals where you just couldnt turn it down.

Old
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMat View Post
I believe it's over 100m, close to 120m. And Lind makes around 5m.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Not a knock on this great trade or anything but Buehrle and Reyes have very back loaded contracts.

Buehrle only made 6 million last year and is due to make 11/18/19 million over next three years...Reyes made 10 million and is due 10/10/16/22/22/22/22 over the next 7 years
Reyes will provide so much value in his first 4 years, that I don't really care about the structure of the contract. It's good to know that AA will take these risks. Makes me assured that he's suitable for this job, and makes a heck of a lot of people to eat crow.

Old
DatsyukianDeke*
Dangle Dangle

Quote:
Not a knock on this great trade or anything but Buehrle and Reyes have very back loaded contracts. If the trade leads to success on the field rogers should be more than willing to spend the money.

If we win a WS, I don't think Rogers would care. I can't wait to see the attendance numbers next year, should be a pretty big increase. This trade will create alot of hype and buzz again next year.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Quik
Agent 0091

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukianDeke View Post
Do you know what Rogers Communications is ?
Regardless if he does/doesn't, and I've been a huge Jays supporter against the AA/Rogers is cheap group, they haven't been a big spender for at least the last 5 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozay View Post
Chill dude. I was just saying that everyone thinks we cant lose this trade (or at least it seems that way) but we can easily lose the trade. And we could lose bad.
As long as these guys all produce for us, it doesn't matter what happens with the prospects, we win. If it's a win-win and everyone we gave up turns out (extremely unlikely), that's fine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
so damn curious to see what they do at Catcher. Would they really keep Buck and Arencibia !? I guess one could DH
Likely JPA is moved, either for a 1B/DH or for a prospect arm who's close to the majors and can be part of our depth. Buck would hold onto the starting role, with Wilson backing him up, until TDA is ready to take over permanently.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:11 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Cannot believe this. I was excited enough when I just saw we were close to getting JJ. Great day.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:11 PM
van Hockey

vCash: 50
Rather trade JPA for a 1B, we need to be in win-now mode no more rebuilding pieces. This roster looks promising.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:12 PM
DatsyukianDeke*
Dangle Dangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik View Post
Regardless if he does/doesn't, and I've been a huge Jays supporter against the AA/Rogers is cheap group, they haven't been a big spender for at least the last 5 years...

As long as these guys all produce for us, it doesn't matter what happens with the prospects, we win. If it's a win-win and everyone we gave up turns out (extremely unlikely), that's fine too.

Likely JPA is moved, either for a 1B/DH or for a prospect arm who's close to the majors and can be part of our depth. Buck would hold onto the starting role, with Wilson backing him up, until TDA is ready to take over permanently.
I was referring to going forward, I think Rogers has just shown they are willing to spend to compete.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:12 PM
HappyGilmourr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukianDeke View Post
If we win a WS, I don't think Rogers would care. I can't wait to see the attendance numbers next year, should be a pretty big increase. This trade will create alot of hype and buzz again next year.
the jays had an average attendance of 50 thousand in 93... it's not unrealistic to think we can have an average of 40 by 2014 espicialy if we make the playoffs in 13

Old
11-13-2012, 09:13 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Rather trade JPA for a 1B, we need to be in win-now mode no more rebuilding pieces. This roster looks promising.
I love how people think we can get a good 1b for JPA.

If you trade JPA, you'll get a 1b who hits .230 with 25hrs and 60 rbis.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:13 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

Quote:

JPA++ For Rizzo?

Old
11-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

One thing people should note with the backloaded contracts, Jays will get more money when the TV deal kicks in 2014 and if Jays do well over the next few years and fans show up, payroll will also go up... and Jays have less money committed during years. You also rely on some young players making the roster (thats why you need a good farm system).

Old
11-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Quik
Agent 0091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Getting an arm for insurance could be more important, especially if injuries start to hit before mid-season when Hutch and Drabek are back at the earliest. At this point, our next starter in line if someone goes down is Chad Jenkins, the one of Deck/Sean Nolin/Stilson...They may start the season off nicely and surprise, but that was the problem this year, hoping guys like Jenkins and Deck would be ready if anything happened.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:16 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:

a 7 year contract in Toronto. Who would have thought

Old
11-13-2012, 09:16 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Is Jason Bay still an FA? He could be a solid option at LF if he can rebound. If not, he should be fairly cheap to bury and we could use Sierra.

Lineup
Reyes SS
Lawrie 3B
Lind 1B/DH
Bautista RF
Encarnacion 1B/DH
Rasmus CF
Arencibia C
Bay/Sierra LF
Bonaficio 2B

Johnson
Morrow
Buerhle
Romero
Happ

CP - Janssen

Something like that is very sexy. Even without Bay, my mouth is watering.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:17 PM
topched

Quote:
Getting an arm for insurance could be more important, especially if injuries start to hit before mid-season when Hutch and Drabek are back at the earliest. At this point, our next starter in line if someone goes down is Chad Jenkins, the one of Deck/Sean Nolin/Stilson...They may start the season off nicely and surprise, but that was the problem this year, hoping guys like Jenkins and Deck would be ready if anything happened.
You've still got Cecil, Carreno and if absolutely necessary Lincoln.

I would say thats better than what they had in reserve this year.

Old
van Hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
I love how people think we can get a good 1b for JPA.

If you trade JPA, you'll get a 1b who hits .230 with 25hrs and 60 rbis.
JPA in a package, but him being the main piece.

Old
p.l.f.
mvp

righty -lefty-righty-lefty

morrow-johnson-buehrle-romero

nice

Closed Thread