HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Theodore enjoying life in Sweden

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2005, 05:58 PM
theo6060

vCash: 500
Theodore enjoying life in Sweden

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...07_132805_5568

Great article on Theodore with Djurgarden. Lucky stiff, I'd love to live in Stockholm and "work" there.

By the way, does anyone remember what connections the Habs have with Djurgarden are? I remember they signed something a couple years back, ring a bell for anyone? (Besides lending an All-Star goalie of course!)

Old
02-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
"Theodore has played 13 games for Djurgarden and has a respectable 2.60 goals-against average along with a .912 save percentage."

Huum, not too bad............

Old
02-07-2005, 06:11 PM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
"Theodore has played 13 games for Djurgarden and has a respectable 2.60 goals-against average along with a .912 save percentage."

Huum, not too bad............
Well, there is room for improvement I guess, but it's not that bad. His team is 6th in the SEL right now and wouldn't you know it, his team is lacking goals for! Maybe that's why he wanted to go play for Djurgarden, all those shots remind him of home.

By the way, looks like Djurgarden's really trying to promote Theodore. Take a look at their website, their top banner is all about Jose!
http://www.difhockey.se/

Old
02-07-2005, 06:11 PM
CPFC

No wonder. Stockholm is one of the coolest capitals around, literally and metaphorically speaking.

Old
02-07-2005, 06:59 PM
MontrealSF
Lars Eller.

Seriously, that's a kickass website they have. I think I will treat myselg in buying a Theodore Djugarden jersey. Good looking jersey.

And I can't wait to visit Stockholm

Old
02-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
Well, there is room for improvement I guess, but it's not that bad. His team is 6th in the SEL right now and wouldn't you know it, his team is lacking goals for! Maybe that's why he wanted to go play for Djurgarden, all those shots remind him of home.

By the way, looks like Djurgarden's really trying to promote Theodore. Take a look at their website, their top banner is all about Jose!
http://www.difhockey.se/
No doubt, with all-star status it could defenately be better, but i have no idea how this league is in terms of scoring, physical play, and overal compared to the nhl. Had these been his nhl numbers, i would have expected better from him...........

Old
02-07-2005, 07:14 PM
BLONG7

His current team no doubt is probably paying him slightly less than the Habs, but hopefully he is enjoying his time as a scab...and if this stuff ever comes back to haunt the PA, hopefully these guys will remember how much they ENJOYED themselves with their Euro teams...

Old
02-07-2005, 08:10 PM
theo6060

Quote:
No doubt, with all-star status it could defenately be better, but i have no idea how this league is in terms of scoring, physical play, and overal compared to the nhl. Had these been his nhl numbers, i would have expected better from him...........
SEL games are on usually every Thursday on Sportsnet. I've caught a couple games. Not a lot of physical play at all. Scoring seems to be a bit higher in this league but nothing substantial. His numbers aren't bad though. His GAA is 8th in the league. Kiprusoff has a .914 save % while Theodore has a .912, so maybe that can help you with it. However, Henrik Lundqvist has a 1.73GAA and .938 sv % with Frolunda. That team is the best though, and when I saw them it didn't seem like he got a ton of shots.

If anyone's interested, you can find a lot of SEL stats at:
www.eliteprospects.com

And RickyF, you damn well better take me to Stockholm with you if you know what's good for you!

Old
02-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Mooch

Quote:
SEL games are on usually every Thursday on Sportsnet. I've caught a couple games. Not a lot of physical play at all. Scoring seems to be a bit higher in this league but nothing substantial. His numbers aren't bad though. His GAA is 8th in the league. Kiprusoff has a .914 save % while Theodore has a .912, so maybe that can help you with it. However, Henrik Lundqvist has a 1.73GAA and .938 sv % with Frolunda. That team is the best though, and when I saw them it didn't seem like he got a ton of shots.

If anyone's interested, you can find a lot of SEL stats at:
www.eliteprospects.com

And RickyF, you damn well better take me to Stockholm with you if you know what's good for you!
Thanks Theo. That gives me some basis for comparison........

Old
02-07-2005, 08:28 PM
theo6060

Quote:
Thanks Theo. That gives me some basis for comparison........
No problem. Here's the direct goalies link if anyone else is interested:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/goalie.php

One more thing to consider though is that Jose might have had some adjusting time. Playing on a new team in a new league can stall a start and what not. We see it all the time when European's come this way, so it's probably the same that way. Hopefully Jose will do like Perezhogin did last year and turn it on in the second half.

Old
02-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Istvan

Quote:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...07_132805_5568

Great article on Theodore with Djurgarden. Lucky stiff, I'd love to live in Stockholm and "work" there.

By the way, does anyone remember what connections the Habs have with Djurgarden are? I remember they signed something a couple years back, ring a bell for anyone? (Besides lending an All-Star goalie of course!)
Theo enjoying himself in Sweden is somewhat synonymous with "and to hell with my fans in NA". Nice.

Old
02-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Squeaky

I haven't seen this article posted anywhere on here yet, so I guess I'll post it here. Theo is saying that he's not been at 100% so far in Stockholm.

http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/171891.html

It's RDS, so of course it's french. I did a translation, but I'm gonna paraphrase a bit. My French isn't even close to perfect, so feel free to correct my mistakes.

"I'm not at 100%"

Theo's arrival is a blessing for Djurgarden, who had recent lost the services of Stars goalie Marti Turco. Turco was alone in Stockholm, and decided he couldn't live without his family. So Theo was a savior.

"The expectations aren't the same as in Montreal. For me, I came here to do my best. I'm currently not in my best form, but it's still going good enough."

Theo's been in Sweden for a month already, but his technique isn't at it's best.

"I don't want to say that I'm at 100%. I'm used to working with Roland daily. We do exercizes before and after practices. From that point, I have to say I'm not at my best, but I'm still in better form than if I had been in Montreal doing nothing", explained the goalie.

Theo still has 7 games before him to become his best for the playoffs. Being the Sweedish Elite Lague champions isn't the same as winning the Stanley Cup, but even still number 60 doesn't want to disappoint.

"It's not like with the Canadiens. I've been a part of the organization for 10 years. Therefore, I have more motivation. On the other hand, I don't want to let down players who have played here for 10 years, and who really want to win. When you play a game, you want to give all you can to win and be proud of your performance", said Theo.

Whether talking to Djurgardens chief trainer, other members of the organization or journalists, all insist on mentionning that Theo is impressing even more outside the rink. One needs to understand that some NHL players have come to Sweeden and acted like Prima Donnas. It seems this isn't really the case with Theo, who we are told, is only making friends wherever he goes.

Closed Thread