HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

UFC 154: St. Pierre vs Condit

Old
11-11-2012, 06:23 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
I don't understand the bout order myself, they may be pushing constas & Carmont to a bigger place, who knows.
That's why Carmont is on the card I imagine, but the other fight is on the card because of Nick Ring, I think.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:56 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
Lightweight Bout: Sam Stout vs John Makdessi (the bull needs to go to 145...)
Agreed. Regardless of how he fares against Stout, I don't see his future being too bright at 155. I really hope he doesn't get cut if he loses.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 08:57 PM
MotorMaster

I guess I will pick the upset and go with Condit, I think the long layoff and Condit's fighting style will pull out a decision.(pulling for GSP though)

I take it if GSP wins he will fight Silva in a super fight and if he losses he will take on Diaz with the winner getting a rematch with condit?

MotorMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 09:04 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorMaster View Post
I guess I will pick the upset and go with Condit, I think the long layoff and Condit's fighting style will pull out a decision.(pulling for GSP though)

I take it if GSP wins he will fight Silva in a super fight and if he losses he will take on Diaz with the winner getting a rematch with condit?
Kampmann/Hendricks gets the winner.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 09:07 PM
I Am Beat You

If GSP wins the Silva fight should happen.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 09:47 PM
MotorMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Is that official? Rory Macdonald should be close to a title shot too. If he gets past BJ Penn.

MotorMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:34 PM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
IMO the UFC does a poor job of choosing price points. I paid 225/seat for tickets that have a 165 face and I think I got a great deal, but they have seats with the same face value as mine that I wouldn't pay $100 for...
It's a really steep scale, in my opinion. I paid 250 to sit ~15 rows back at UFC 120 (Bisping/Akiyama, Condit/Hardy in London), but I wouldn't pay 30 to sit on the second level. The view + commentary you get on television requires a REALLY good view to beat in person. I'd pay a couple hundred bucks to sit in the first 10 rows for a decent-or-better card, but sitting in the back / second level and watching the TV screens would be really underwhelming, and I'd rather pay a $5 cover to watch it at a bar.

Predictions: Condit, Kampmann, Lawlor, Philippou, Hominick, Cote, Diabate, Stout

Really looking forward to seeing Condit, Kampmann and Diabate.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Last I heard Dana wouldn't confirm that. I think it's still up in the air really.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudas View Post
I've read on a couple of MMA sites that the UFC is going to fly Silva to Montreal so that he can challenge GSP after the fight if he wins. Take it for what it's worth but those are coming from credible sources. Doesn't mean GSP will accept or the fight will happen but don't be surprised to see Silva issue the challenge at 154.

On another note i think Cote vs Sakara should have been on the main card. Not only does this has the potential to be a good standup fight with something on the line (loser most likely get cut) but Cote is probably the 2nd most known and popular MMA fighter in Quebec after GSP. Not sure why his fight is on the prelims.

131313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:29 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Last I heard Dana wouldn't confirm that. I think it's still up in the air really.
Seriously? I thought it was already confirmed as the #1 contender fight.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:34 AM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
It's a really steep scale, in my opinion. I paid 250 to sit ~15 rows back at UFC 120 (Bisping/Akiyama, Condit/Hardy in London), but I wouldn't pay 30 to sit on the second level. The view + commentary you get on television requires a REALLY good view to beat in person. I'd pay a couple hundred bucks to sit in the first 10 rows for a decent-or-better card, but sitting in the back / second level and watching the TV screens would be really underwhelming, and I'd rather pay a $5 cover to watch it at a bar.

Predictions: Condit, Kampmann, Lawlor, Philippou, Hominick, Cote, Diabate, Stout

Really looking forward to seeing Condit, Kampmann and Diabate.
It really depends on the venue. If you are watching at an arena and paying for the cheap seats, its hard to see anything and you just end up watching the screens. It's alright, but more about the atmosphere.

I 100% recommend people seeing fights in Vegas when they get a chance. All of the seats at Mandalay/MGM are pretty good and will be under $200. You also get a ton of fighters and celebrities just walking around hanging out. Just a much better all-around experience.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 10:36 AM
m9

Main Card:
Welterweight Championship Bout: Georges St. Pierre (c) vs Carlos Condit (ic)
Welterweight Bout: Martin Kampmann vs Johny Hendricks
Middleweight Bout: Francis Carmont vs Tom Lawlor
Middleweight Bout: Nick Ring vs Costa Philippou
Featherweight Bout: Mark Hominick vs Pablo Garza

Preliminary Card:
Middleweight Bout: Patrick Cote vs Alessio Sakara
Light Heavyweight Bout: Cyrille Diabate vs Chad Griggs
Lightweight Bout: Mark Bocek vs Rafael dos Anjos
Lightweight Bout: Sam Stout vs John Makdessi
Featherweight Bout: Antonio Carvalho vs Rodrigo Damm
Welterweight Bout: Matt Riddle vs John Maguire
Bantamweight Bout: Ivan Menjivar vs Azamat Gashimov
Featherweight Bout: Steven Siler vs Darren Elkins

Last edited by m9: 11-17-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old
11-12-2012, 10:42 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by gudas View Post
I disagree. I would rather see Silva vs Jones, but he would never agree to that, which is why he shouldnt expect GSP to agree to fighting him anytime soon.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 10:44 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
I've read on a couple of MMA sites that the UFC is going to fly Silva to Montreal so that he can challenge GSP after the fight if he wins. Take it for what it's worth but those are coming from credible sources. Doesn't mean GSP will accept or the fight will happen but don't be surprised to see Silva issue the challenge at 154.

On another note i think Cote vs Sakara should have been on the main card. Not only does this has the potential to be a good standup fight with something on the line (loser most likely get cut) but Cote is probably the 2nd most known and popular MMA fighter in Quebec after GSP. Not sure why his fight is on the prelims.
After Cote's last performance he should have to earn his way back onto the main card.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:58 AM
I am the Liquor

Main Card:
Welterweight Championship Bout: Georges St. Pierre (c) vs Carlos Condit
Welterweight Bout: Martin Kampmann vs Johny Hendricks
Middleweight Bout: Francis Carmont vs Tom Lawlor
Middleweight Bout: Nick Ring vs Costa Philippou
Featherweight Bout: Mark Hominick vs Pablo Garza

Preliminary Card:
Middleweight Bout: Patrick Cote vs Alessio Sakara
Light Heavyweight Bout: Cyrille Diabate vs Chad Griggs
Lightweight Bout: Mark Bocek vs Rafael dos Anjos
Lightweight Bout: Sam Stout vs John Makdessi
Featherweight Bout: Antonio Carvalho vs Rodrigo Damm
Welterweight Bout: Matt Riddle vs John Maguire
Bantamweight Bout: Ivan Menjivar vs Azamat Gashimov
Featherweight Bout: Steven Siler vs Darren Elkins

Pretty good card actually. Lots of good fights to be had here.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Seriously? I thought it was already confirmed as the #1 contender fight.

Nope. For all intents and purposes it should be viewed as a #1 contender's fight, but if GSP beats Condit and takes the superfight without vacating the WW title, then everything's up in the air really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee
Doesn't mean GSP will accept or the fight will happen but don't be surprised to see Silva issue the challenge at 154.
You mean Ed Soares.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post

I 100% recommend people seeing fights in Vegas when they get a chance. All of the seats at Mandalay/MGM are pretty good and will be under $200. You also get a ton of fighters and celebrities just walking around hanging out. Just a much better all-around experience.
Definitely. On one trip to the washroom's at UFC 126 I bumped into and got pictures with Shogun, Melvin Guillard and .....Mike Guymon. Guymon was kinda awkward as he was just kind of hanging out in the washroom but I figured what the heck, I'll get a pic with him.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Peter Griffin

I'm very tempted to put some cash down on Condit given the betting lines, but I can't picture Condit getting the better of GSP over a 5 round fight, even with the long layoff. I don't see Condit finishing GSP and I don't see him being able to employ the same strategy he did against Diaz over 5 rounds against GSP. I think his best shot is to eek out a close decision win, but I think he'd have to really dominate the fight to get that nod. Should be interesting nonetheless.

Old
11-12-2012, 01:50 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
I'm very tempted to put some cash down on Condit given the betting lines, but I can't picture Condit getting the better of GSP over a 5 round fight, even with the long layoff. I don't see Condit finishing GSP and I don't see him being able to employ the same strategy he did against Diaz over 5 rounds against GSP. I think his best shot is to eek out a close decision win, but I think he'd have to really dominate the fight to get that nod. Should be interesting nonetheless.
GSP will try to wrestle **** Condit and Condit will try to stay outside on the feet implementing the running man strategy.

Are both fighters still using Jackson as a corner man/coach?

Old
11-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Are both fighters still using Jackson as a corner man/coach?
No, Jackson will not be involved with either guy. Winklejohn is running Condit's camp and Firas with GSP. That said, I think your prediction is likely what will happen. Perhaps Condit can work some magic off his back or maybe GSP will try harder to finish in this fight rather than just win, but I doubt that. Coming off the long layoff I expect him to be even more cautious than ever.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:02 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post

Silva did just say he wouldn't do that...

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:21 PM
kurt
the last emperor

What are the odds of the main event going to a decision?

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:47 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
No, Jackson will not be involved with either guy. Winklejohn is running Condit's camp and Firas with GSP. That said, I think your prediction is likely what will happen. Perhaps Condit can work some magic off his back or maybe GSP will try harder to finish in this fight rather than just win, but I doubt that. Coming off the long layoff I expect him to be even more cautious than ever.
I don't know, with everything seen on Primetime, I expect GSP to come out unlike his previous couple bouts and try to finish Condit.

Old
11-12-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Silva did just say he wouldn't do that...
Yeah saw that so forget what i said in my previous post. Straight off the horse mouth is certainly more trustable than what was reported by MMA sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
After Cote's last performance he should have to earn his way back onto the main card.
True Cote hasn't been stellar since coming back. However if Chael Sonnen can get a title shot coming off a loss in a division where he didn't do **** then Cote sure as hell can get a fight on the main card of a PPV in his hometown.

Cote is well loved on Montreal/Quebec. It would have been cool for him and the fans. That said he's still in the prelims "main event" so it's better than nothing i guess.

131313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 05:04 PM
m9

Give me a break, Cote has lost his last four UFC fights and looked dreadful in his last time out. He had his chance on a main card ans he blew it. The fact this is even discussed is dumb but also more importantly shows the poor quality rounding out the main card.