HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

UFC 154: St. Pierre vs Condit

Old
11-18-2012, 01:19 AM
I Am Beat You

vCash: 500
Quote:
Diego Sanchez UFC ‏@DiegoSanchezUFC

YOU KNOW @nickdiaz209 IS NOT GOING TO RESPOND DON'T BE SCARED *****
Quote:
Diego Sanchez UFC ‏@DiegoSanchezUFC

YOU KNOW HE IS CALLING @CEASERGRACIE WHAT DO I SAY WHAT DO I DO ? DIEGO IS TALKING ****..... PLEASE HELP ME DADDY
https://twitter.com/DiegoSanchezUFC

I Am Beat You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 01:21 AM
Polo*

after not being hit for almost 2 years of course his face is going to look worse than usual

not saying he shouldnt have had bruises because condit did do pretty damn good but GSP' face has been nothing but pampered for a long long time.

I bet if his wife slapped him it would have left a bruise

Polo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 01:26 AM
m9

Great main event fight. GSP looked as good as ever, IMO. He got a bit more beat up and was in real trouble in the third round, but that's more about Carlos Condit than where GSP is at post-injury. I'm a fan of both guys and I really enjoyed the fight, and I thought they both fought at their peak.

Hendricks with another great KO. The guy should be a serious challenge to GSP based on his wrestling pedigree. I would love to see that fight, but if not then Hendricks v MacDonald (if he gets by BJ) makes all the sense in the world as a #1` contenders fight.

Not much to add on the rest of the card, I wasn't too intrigued by most of the undercard so what can you say. Bocek looked brutal and needs to drop to 145. Hominick just isn't a UFC calibre fighter right now. Some bad reffing and some bad judging.. par for the course.

Really looking forward to the two big cards in December. This card had the big fight, but those cards have the depth.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 01:27 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Kinda off topic but did anyone see Machida's stache? looked like Benicio Del Toro.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 01:47 AM
FireEverybody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudas View Post
This is a fight that should happen.

FireEverybody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:02 AM
maroon 6
Live and let live

vCash: 179
Gsp's fights are the only times, I like the "Ole" chants

maroon 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:10 AM
Spawn

Condit nearly stopped my heart with that head kick. What a beautifully placed kick and my god I was worried that GSP wasn't going to be able to survive it. But full credit to GSP for recovering after being hurt for the first time since Serra and dominating the rest of the fight.

Condit is a damned good fighter, but he just couldn't handle GSP's grappling tonight.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:15 AM
Jasper

vCash: 707
Seems like Hendricks could be a real challenge for GSP. A great wrestler with serious KO ability. The idea of a Silva fight was more interesting to me when there didn't seem to be a real threat at WW.

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:34 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 1512
GSP should be the NHL's commissioner. I'd like to see Fehr go toe to toe in negotiations with GSP. Bet that would resolve this lockout in 3 seconds.

GSP is back.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 04:29 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Good main event but nothing special like some are making it out to be. Just a typical one-sided GSP fight. Takes the guy down over and over again, lands a couple of nice punches from top position, only passes guard once or twice even though he was on top for 75% of the fight, attempts no submissions, and wins a unanimous decision. It's not all about finishes and knockouts but it would be nice if he actually went for it instead of being content with a decision.

I thought we might finally hear him say something about the Anderson Silva fight but once again he was non-committal about accepting that fight. I don't blame him because I think Anderson will make it look easy. He's too big and too good of a striker but I still want to see them fight. I have absolutely no interest in a GSP/Hendricks fight.

Overall it wasn't a great card but that was expected. Hopefully the December cards deliver.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 05:22 AM
Evil Speaker
Registered

vCash: 1575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Good main event but nothing special like some are making it out to be. Just a typical one-sided GSP fight. Takes the guy down over and over again, lands a couple of nice punches from top position, only passes guard once or twice even though he was on top for 75% of the fight, attempts no submissions, and wins a unanimous decision. It's not all about finishes and knockouts but it would be nice if he actually went for it instead of being content with a decision.

I thought we might finally hear him say something about the Anderson Silva fight but once again he was non-committal about accepting that fight. I don't blame him because I think Anderson will make it look easy. He's too big and too good of a striker but I still want to see them fight. I have absolutely no interest in a GSP/Hendricks fight.

Overall it wasn't a great card but that was expected. Hopefully the December cards deliver.
I though this was his most aggressive fight since Jon Fitch. GSP showed a lot of confidence in his striking against Condit, and Condit is no slouch in that respect. This was far from a lay n' pray victory if you ask me. It was a war and I think GSP deserves a lot of credit.

Evil Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 05:47 AM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorBlue View Post
Diaz fans are the worst, Condit ran and ran... Diaz 1,2,5..or whatever. The guy lost he fight, even Edgar fans don't complain as much as Diaz fans....and they have a legitimate reason to complain.
I dont really like or hate any fighters but diaz clearly won that fight. You gotta engage in a fight and condit didnt. Whats even more tragic about the fight was it was a unanimous decision with the judges thinking condit won 4 rounds to 1 I would not be happy with condit winning a split decision but that at least would make that decision more acceptable. That diaz/condit outcome is what made me watch this fight and cheer so hard for gsp.

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 05:47 AM
Jasper

vCash: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post

I didn't see it as a typical GSP fight. Maybe thanks to Condit it seemed like GSP was in a bit of danger the whole time but GSP seemed more aggressive than usual.

Overall the card wasn't great aside from the main and the co-main. Hendricks made a pretty big statement.

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:01 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Seems like Hendricks could be a real challenge for GSP. A great wrestler with serious KO ability. The idea of a Silva fight was more interesting to me when there didn't seem to be a real threat at WW.
they said the exact same thing about Koscheck

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Polo*

Quote:
I didn't see it as a typical GSP fight. Maybe thanks to Condit it seemed like GSP was in a bit of danger the whole time but GSP seemed more aggressive than usual.

Overall the card wasn't great aside from the main and the co-main. Hendricks made a pretty big statement.
Nah it was anything but a typical GSP fight. It was a pure battle. Some people just like to look for attention

Even when he was on top of condit he was really working and throwing elbows and punches.

Great fight

Polo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Hendricks is a bad man...when he shows up. His flashy victories against Kampmann and Fitch are nice, but his lackluster performances against most everyone else of any note should be a concern, especially with this talk of him possibly challenging GSP.
I don't know what you are talking about here. I have been on the Hendricks wagon for a long time, when he was smashing guys in the WEC. He may have been involved in one average fight, against pierce, that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Hendricks with another great KO. The guy should be a serious challenge to GSP based on his wrestling pedigree. I would love to see that fight, but if not then Hendricks v MacDonald (if he gets by BJ) makes all the sense in the world as a #1` contenders fight.
Great fight, I'd love to see that one! Also agree about Bocek, he looked horrible. His Tds were not even close, he had a really bad performance against danzig in Montreal also. 145 would be smart.

Last edited by Captain_Cunney: 11-18-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Much respect gained for Carlos Condit tonight. He was offensive from the bottom and kept GSP from really being able to ground him out. The kick was a pretty fortunate break, and one that would have put most fighters out, but GSP really gained his senses back quickly. Had it not been from such an awkward position when he threw it, he would have put him away. There again, if it's not from an awkward position maybe GSP finds it before it hits him.

Horrible decision against Lawlor. But hey, you don't come out of your corner saying "I'm up 2 right?", and proceed to play fight for five minutes to end the fight. You roll the dice there, you lose sometimes.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Fanpuck33

Quote:
Originally Posted by yada View Post
I dont really like or hate any fighters but diaz clearly won that fight. You gotta engage in a fight and condit didnt. Whats even more tragic about the fight was it was a unanimous decision with the judges thinking condit won 4 rounds to 1 I would not be happy with condit winning a split decision but that at least would make that decision more acceptable. That diaz/condit outcome is what made me watch this fight and cheer so hard for gsp.
You seem to be confusing fighting with brawling. Diaz consistently wins fights by getting guys off their gameplans and into a brawl and Condit was too smart for that. The one time he let himself get baited was the one round he lost; I believe it was the 2nd. Other than that, Diaz got off very little offense and couldn't find a way to engage through Condit's leg kicks.

Quote:
I would agree with that, at least with the first two rounds. Going into round 3, I thought he was going to be able to get the finish at some point. Then the head kick happened and it totally changed the fight. After that, I didn't see any real aggressiveness from Georges.

Last edited by Fanpuck33: 11-18-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 10:12 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Props to Condit.

He came to fight tonight and took the fight to George.
Was a good fight but were we watching the same fight.
I didn't see Condit taking the fight to George as you claim.
Maybe i the last round where Condit knew he was losing the fight.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 11:02 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

GSP, Hendricks and Pablo Garza were very, very impressive last night.

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 6964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
Is Hendricks spitting chew into the water bottle during the PC? Spitting something into it and it's blackish
Probably trying to get than big $ tobacco sponsorship.

Gret99zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 11:36 AM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
I don't know what you are talking about here. I have been on the Hendricks wagon for a long time, when he was smashing guys in the WEC. He may have been involved in one average fight, against pierce, that's about it.

Great fight, I'd love to see that one! Also agree about Bocek, he looked horrible. His Tds were not even close, he had a really bad performance against danzig in Montreal also. 145 would be smart.
He has had a few other blah fights along the way. Story, Koscheck, Pierce, etc. But at 170, everyone is going to have those kind of fights with so many high level talented wrestlers leading to stalemate fights.

The Koscheck fight was one that he arguably lost as well, though. That being said, Koscheck has fought for the title and is a top five guy, so regardless of the judging of that fight Hendricks' last three fights have proved he can hang with the top tier and deserves a title shot.

Bocek is a very limited guy, but at 145 I think he would be big enough where he could secure more takedowns and stick around in the top tier. He's not strong, fast, or explosive enough to compete at the highest level of 155.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:40 AM
m9

Oh, and I know it was already touched on but that was some truly terrible reffing in the Cote/Sakara fight. I have no idea what was going through a pro ref's head that he could watch that and not do anything. If he gets hit once or twice, they get reset and the fight continues. Instead the fighters and fans get robbed of a fight. Luckily Cote did not suffer a serious injury. It's scary to think that stuff like that happens in the UFC with an experienced ref, and you can only imagine how often it happens at local shows with inexperienced referees.

Old
11-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Oh, and I know it was already touched on but that was some truly terrible reffing in the Cote/Sakara fight. I have no idea what was going through a pro ref's head that he could watch that and not do anything. If he gets hit once or twice, they get reset and the fight continues. Instead the fighters and fans get robbed of a fight. Luckily Cote did not suffer a serious injury. It's scary to think that stuff like that happens in the UFC with an experienced ref, and you can only imagine how often it happens at local shows with inexperienced referees.
Yea that was pretty ridiculous. Wastching it live I could clearly see those were illegal shots, there's no excuse that Mirragliotta or however you spell didn't see that. Almost as bad as Rosenthal allowing Munoz to get smashed by Weidman long after he was out.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 12:11 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Was a good fight but were we watching the same fight.
I didn't see Condit taking the fight to George as you claim.
Maybe i the last round where Condit knew he was losing the fight.
He didnt run away like the last fight.

He stayed in the pocket and fired.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote