HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New OT Thread: Spring Training is Here!

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Auguste Escoffier

vCash: 500
I can't believe John Malkovich is in Edmonton filming a movie. He is one celebrity I would have to meet before I die.

Old
06-14-2013, 10:13 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Pshh. Kids these days.

Bought my first dog(as a puppy) at a farmer's market when I was 8 years old for $5.

Best money I ever spent.

Old
06-15-2013, 12:20 AM
thechad65
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manicmoose View Post
I'm currently building with Dreamhomes by Krisner. Their showhome is up in Griesbach however we are building in a subdivision in Beaumont with them. They have been great for us so far. They will do a custom home for you and the drafting of the plans is included in the price of the home. We brought them a plan we liked from another builder to use as a basis, told Jermey (owner) what we liked about the plan and where we'd like to make changes - obviously we had to make enough alterations to the plan so it was not a complete copy, mind you have have seen some direct ripoffs out there. He does the drafting himself and on the first try he captured what we wanted in our home. They are not one of the large box builders, smaller amount of homes, really great quality.

They have a great base level of home, obviously you could build it as crazy as you want it - only your imagination and pocket book will stop you there. Even simple things like the fact they put ethernet and cable into each bedroom was a nice touch, some builders only allow X many jacks before they start charging you per run, but since each room already had lines put into them I didnt have to add anything (mind you I still did, but thats mostly because Im a computer geek and needed a couple extras, but I really didnt have to - dont let my wife see that)

I cant say enough good about them, I would definately not hesitate to recommend them to anyone out there. Just tell them Brad sent you.

Their website is under construction right now otherwise I'd link it here, I just spoke to Jeremy today on it, they hope to have it up and lookin purdy very soon.

This is my 3rd house I am having built and so far they have been the best builder I've delt with.

Give them a shot, talk with Jeremy and see what he can do for you... cant hurt to talk

We started with Dream Homes By Krisner when Their old superintendent was with them, it was a slow process and he didn't get very urgent on issues. Jeremy has since hired a Project Coordinator/Estimator and new superintendent and they work very well together and the homes built last year (of who we know 5 of them) are very happy about the work that is done by these two Krisner "newbies" they are both very quick to get back to us and even give us alternative ideas.
I like the fact that the construction management of my home is so accessible and personable, it makes it fun to go to their office and meet with the "dream team" lol

All in all it is not only the biggest investment of our life but also the biggest investment of time as well. And as we aren't always available to meet at showrooms or decide what we want it can delay the process. Looking back at the "slowness of Krisner" I have found some really great products and ideas to put into my home I would of never found if they were a production builder with a repetitive building process. We were initially impatient and expected it to be done just as fast as Homes by Avi, but our last house had so many issues! I couldn't believe the amount if deficiencies we had to deal with on our last house. If there are lots of issues and it takes long to move in and I'm dealing with problems then ill be cheesed off but after talking to some other couples who have built with Dream Homes, they are amazed at their homes and the lack of issues years after living in their house.

Ill update one we move in

Oh and it's great to get the knowledge as well, The team doesn't just give you ideas and costs but a whole lot of construction know how and case studies.Lots to learn I love it

Old
06-15-2013, 09:10 PM
MikeModano9

I was at Tyler Bunz' charity slopitch tourney all day, lost to Terry Evans team 14-10 but I hit a couple Triples off him haha. Ty brought out some unreal silent auction
Items like a signed Etem ducks jersey, Signed stick by all the World championship team that Dubbie brought back for him and a bunch of other stuff. Really good event.

Old
06-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Hyped

Does anyone have a presale code to one of the Seinfeld shows at the Jubilee in August? Would you mind sending it to me via message? Pretty please...

Old
06-16-2013, 10:39 PM
chrisj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyped View Post

Does anyone have a presale code to one of the Seinfeld shows at the Jubilee in August? Would you mind sending it to me via message? Pretty please...

Did he add new shows? I'm pretty sure the two that where scheduled are sold out...

Old
06-16-2013, 10:40 PM
thinlizzy

They added a Friday show on Aug 9 that goes on sale tomorrow but the floor is gonzo.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:04 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Jays are starting to role

Old
06-18-2013, 04:54 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Anyone know a good place to buy car batteries in the city? I went to Canadian tire to try to buy a battery and the guy that works there told me NOT to buy a battery from them especially for my car haha I drive a Cadillac.

Old
06-18-2013, 07:00 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

UAP Napa.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:44 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

I love how #rigged is trending on Twitter right now.

NBA has a lot of problems, even if a 7 Game series is good for the sport.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:25 AM
The Kingslayer

Wow went to the Chevy farm to get a 76 point inspection and you guys should see the quotes I was given. Apparently no happy ending for what it will cost them to do some of the things. Any suggestions on a good mechanic in this city guys? one example was a Transmission flush that will cost $249....i've heard some horror stories when it comes to tranny flushes.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:32 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Wow went to the Chevy farm to get a 76 point inspection and you guys should see the quotes I was given. Apparently no happy ending for what it will cost them to do some of the things. Any suggestions on a good mechanic in this city guys? one example was a Transmission flush that will cost $249....i've heard some horror stories when it comes to tranny flushes.
I really don't know how much cheaper you are going to find a tranny flush for.

The other thing with tranny flushes is if you are way past the suggested period a lot of mechanics will tell you don't to do it. You either do it on schedule or not at all.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:34 AM
joestevens29

Watched the game last night, and have to say what a game. I still don't understand what travelling is as these guys seem to take numerous steps without bouncing the ball. Just waiting to see someone run accross the court without bouncing the ball, but maybe that's just something you see in High School gym class.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:22 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

You can take 2 steps without dribbling.
But those guys have legs that are 5 feet high, so 2 steps for them seems like 10 meters.

Old
06-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Slicknitty
"80,000 peoples"

So James Gandolfini died of a heart attack. 51 years old.

R.I.P Mr. Soprano.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:51 AM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicknitty View Post

R.I.P Mr. Soprano.
Terrible. He played a great character in Tony Soprano.

RIP.

Old
06-20-2013, 01:13 AM
PeakOil
Loyal To The Oil

Quote:

R.I.P Mr. Soprano.
He was an excellent actor in a lot of other roles too, much too soon.

RIP

Old
06-20-2013, 01:15 AM
PeakOil
Loyal To The Oil

Quote:
One stop auto on the Southside (just south of Argyll) always treated me well, couple of Korean guys. They never jerked me around at all and had reasonable rates and can usually fit you in fairly quickly.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:03 AM
joestevens29

Quote:

R.I.P Mr. Soprano.
Very sad

RIP Tony

Old
06-20-2013, 10:08 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:

R.I.P Mr. Soprano.
Very seldom that an actor and role meshed so perfectly. Will remember his archetype portrayal forever. Seems like yesterday and his acting is indelible.

RIP James Gandolfini.

Old
06-20-2013, 02:14 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I really don't know how much cheaper you are going to find a tranny flush for.

The other thing with tranny flushes is if you are way past the suggested period a lot of mechanics will tell you don't to do it. You either do it on schedule or not at all.
Called Mr. Lube and they can do a tranny flush for $167. Im not gonna do a tranny flush just a drain and refill instead. Too many horror stories from getting the tranny flushed especially after 120,000 KM like my car has.

Old
06-20-2013, 03:19 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Called Mr. Lube and they can do a tranny flush for $167. Im not gonna do a tranny flush just a drain and refill instead. Too many horror stories from getting the tranny flushed especially after 120,000 KM like my car has.
A drain and refill doesn't change all your fluid though.

Old
06-20-2013, 05:02 PM
#ualberta

I know we don't do much basketball here but tonight is game 7 of the NBA Final
The last game had an absolutely amazing finish
Theres gotta be a few basketball fans here, right
Anyway game's at 7 pm MST It should be good

Old
06-20-2013, 05:14 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
I know we don't do much basketball here but tonight is game 7 of the NBA Final
The last game had an absolutely amazing finish
Theres gotta be a few basketball fans here, right
Anyway game's at 7 pm MST It should be good
I kinda hate watching basketball, but I've been watching more and more these playoffs. Tonight is a must watch.

Closed Thread