HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Landeskogs offensive upside

Old
11-02-2012, 07:44 PM
mapes

vCash: 500
Landeskogs offensive upside

Wanted to give some background before I ask the deal. 12 man keeper league, we keep 6. My keeps are Tavares, Kessel, Seguin, Hall, Schneider, Rask. I also have Price who I'm dropping into the draft list since I have 3 firsts currently and hope to just draft him again. I have a 2nd, 2 3rds, a 4th and 5th to work with. Next years player pool will have Price, Nate, Drouin, Barkov and likely (due to only being able to keep 6) Lehtenon, Hartnell, Fleury, Chara, Boyle, Dion and Holtby. First round will have some talent still.

So enough background. I haven't seen Landeskog and didn't pay attention to that draft since we didn't have a first. What kind of potential does he have?

Someone had mentioned they might be interested in a deal around Kessel and Landeskog so I was thinking Kessel and a 3rd for Landeskog and a 1st. G, A, P, plus minus, PPG, SHG, GWG are the stats that count.

Thoughts?

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 03:45 PM
mapes

Anyone?

Old
11-03-2012, 03:56 PM
muckbin15
parros16

vCash: 50
landy will top out as a 60-70 point guy. however, his intangibles like +/-, shg etc will far outweigh kessels. Landy+1st wins that deal every time

muckbin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 06:27 PM
mapes

I was also thinking, there is a huge gap between first and third rounds in a keeper league like this. So he isn't an offensive power house but does play PK and such? I value SHG quite a bit, as that is typically a close stat. I also like the fact he is a LW'er, which can be hard to find (I'd also have Hall).

Thanks, Im thinking of sending it over

Old
11-07-2012, 05:15 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

I'd probably make the trade, because of the first round pick.

I'd rather Kessel over Landeskog, but the first over the third, sways towards Landeskog.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 09:53 PM
ponder

How many teams are in the league? It affects the difference in player quality available between a 1st and 3rd round pick. If there's a huge difference in 1st vs. 3rd round quality, then I'd go for it. Kessel should be a significantly better fantasy player, but not WAY better, especially since you're counting stats like +/- and SHG.

Last edited by ponder: 11-07-2012 at 10:59 PM.
ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 08:14 AM
mapes

12 team league so a good difference. I sent it a couple days ago but no reply yet. The difference between a LW and RW is somewhat big too, which was one of my reasons as well. It's not a HUGE difference but a difference nonetheless