HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12'-13' Draft Thread: Drouin & Monahan are LR's pick, what are yours?

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Interactif

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
My top 5 has the same players as you, Interactif, just slightly diff order. Right now I have Barkov at 3 and Nichushkin at 5. I need to see more of those 2 and Monahan though before I can feel satisfied with my rankings.
Yep, Bartov, need to see more. Could be higher on my list if he is all that they say he is. Thus the *, need to see him play against CJHL'ers at the worlds.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:03 PM
OptimusForever
#teambernier

vCash: 50
Mackinnon
Barkov
Jones
Monahan
Drouin/Lindholm

Based on absolutely nothing hahaha

Old
11-16-2012, 03:46 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
Pulock has an NHL skillset. Maybe his potential isnt sky high but he will be a good pick.
Oh I don't disagree. I was maybe a little unclear, or needlessly facetious.

I like the guy, he's elite. Maybe one of three dman in this draft that are elite. But there are still probably 8 guys I'd rather have over him. That's not a negative for him, but rather a positive for the other 8.

Old
11-16-2012, 03:58 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
My post subway series rankings.

1. Mackinnon
2. Jones
3. Nichushkin
4. Monahan
*5. Bartov(on video and press only)
6. Pulock
7. Shinkarov
8. Drouin

Pulock may have not been Rielly on Wed, but he was right there with Murray, Reinhart, Dumba, and Siemens.

3 of the 4 top 7 picks so he is right there with good co.

We have all winter and spring to debate this one. I love the kid and he will get better.
It's BarKov not BarTov. Sorry, that's one of the things that annoys me lol. It's a stupid thing to let annoy me but it does.

For what it's worth my top 10 is like this.

MacKinnon
Barkov (I still believe he's the second best player in this draft. Jones fanboys may claim blasphemy but Barkov is incredibly all around and ceiling is huge).
Jones
Monahan
Lindholm
Nichsukin
Drouin
Ristolainen

At this point its a toss up between Pulock, Shinkaruk, Ristolainen, Lazar for 8, 9, 10, 11. But Ristolainen's men's league experience wins him the spot right now.

I can't justify putting Pulock over Drouin the way Drouin is playing. He's just too dominant offensively at this point. That could very well change if Pulock grows. Same thing for Ristolainen. For an 18 year old playing in a men's league, he's doing fantastic. Especially when his team is awful and he's still playing well while getting a lot of responsibility.

Regardless, I think even if you get Pulock at 9 or 10, your getting yourself an elite player. I just don't think he's as good now, nor will his future be better than the ones I have listed above him. To be fair, I've only seen him in a small period of time and I wasn't all that impressed. However I know he has some fans so I'll deign to them on his outlook. Personally I just don't think a big shot, and a good story are enough along with my viewings of him.

Old
11-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Drouin gets 6 points tonight.

11-16-2012, 07:45 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
lol wow

I didnt catch the game last night, but Domi appears to have had a good night. Knights were done 3-0 then Domi got 2 pp goals and assited on the tying goal.

Goalie Jake Patterson continues to look good for the Knights. (of course he let's in goal right when I post this)

Old
11-16-2012, 09:15 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
According to game summary (from Mooseheads web site), he got 4 assists and was -1 in a 8-3 win.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:24 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinnishKulemin View Post
It's BarKov not BarTov. Sorry, that's one of the things that annoys me lol. It's a stupid thing to let annoy me but it does.

For what it's worth my top 10 is like this.

MacKinnon
Barkov (I still believe he's the second best player in this draft. Jones fanboys may claim blasphemy but Barkov is incredibly all around and ceiling is huge).
Jones
Monahan
Lindholm
Nichsukin
Drouin
Ristolainen

At this point its a toss up between Pulock, Shinkaruk, Ristolainen, Lazar for 8, 9, 10, 11. But Ristolainen's men's league experience wins him the spot right now.

I can't justify putting Pulock over Drouin the way Drouin is playing. He's just too dominant offensively at this point. That could very well change if Pulock grows. Same thing for Ristolainen. For an 18 year old playing in a men's league, he's doing fantastic. Especially when his team is awful and he's still playing well while getting a lot of responsibility.

Regardless, I think even if you get Pulock at 9 or 10, your getting yourself an elite player. I just don't think he's as good now, nor will his future be better than the ones I have listed above him. To be fair, I've only seen him in a small period of time and I wasn't all that impressed. However I know he has some fans so I'll deign to them on his outlook. Personally I just don't think a big shot, and a good story are enough along with my viewings of him.
I think you're selling Pulock a bit short, but we all have different views of prospects based on favorites and how many times we've seen them so that's fine. I think Pulock could go more in the 5-8 range than where you have him, but that's pretty minor.

Old
11-17-2012, 12:01 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
No. But a good game nonetheless. On pace for 136 points

Old
11-17-2012, 12:41 AM
JVReemer

vCash: 610
Where do you guys think JC Lipon will land this year? Early second round maybe?

Old
11-17-2012, 03:54 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVReemer View Post
Where do you guys think JC Lipon will land this year? Early second round maybe?

something like that. not a first rounder.

Old
11-17-2012, 08:05 AM
re5piration
'67 til

Can anyone share some info on Elias Lindholm?

Old
11-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Interactif

Ryan Pulock Skills Video

Scored his 9th goal of the season last night.

Fastest Shot 101MPH over 10MPH faster than the next closest player and a sick trick goal.

click to Scotia bank skills

http://www.wheatkings.com/main/index

Old
11-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
Hunter is a big game player... We could trade Lupul for a Top 10 pick and move the lookalike on the wing with Kessel.

Shinkaruk-Monahan-Kessel

Shiny new toy syndrome.
Lupul is not worth a top 10 pick, especially with his contract ending at the end of this year.

11-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulie View Post
Can anyone share some info on Elias Lindholm?
Various scouting reports:

Quote:
Elias is that player who finds himself in the 'guts of the action' in all areas of the game. His game is founded on an intelligence and understanding that is exceptional. He's capable of adapting to any situation with the ability to make the right play regardless of the challenge. They call these types of players 'a coach's dream.' He is a very good skater who is quick and agile and combined with his IQ, it makes him a very difficult player to play against and try to get an advantage on. He may be more of a playmaker than a shooter, but he creates offensive chances. He is involved and he competes everywhere on the ice. He has the ability to make others better and ultimately is a player who helps teams win. Comparable Style: Guy Carbonneau
Quote:
An HP favorite going back to November of 2011. We ranked him 5th overall in Feb of 2012 and he has now moved up a spot. Much like Sean Monahan he plays a very complete game. He has elite vision and playmaking abilities.
Quote:
Lindholm may not be the flashiest player in this draft, but don’t be so quick to discount this Swedish centre. Playing a similar style to countryman Nicklas Backstrom, Lindholm is a smooth playmaking centre who makes up for a lack of strength and physicality with his hockey sense and natural skating ability. Lindholm has a high skill-level and also competes reasonably well which is something that will help him come draft day. While he could probably stand to shoot the puck a bit more, if Backstrom’s NHL success is any indication, Lindholm’s skill-set certainly looks like it will translate to a potential top line role in the NHL.

11-17-2012, 10:19 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorthFace View Post
I think you're selling Pulock a bit short, but we all have different views of prospects based on favorites and how many times we've seen them so that's fine. I think Pulock could go more in the 5-8 range than where you have him, but that's pretty minor.
That's fair, I'll openly admit that I haven't seen him as much as I should. It's possible I may be selling him short.

Old
11-17-2012, 10:20 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
No. But a good game nonetheless. On pace for 136 points
deleted

Old
11-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Cor
Former LL Member

Really really want Monahan..... seems like a sick player

Old
11-17-2012, 10:22 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Scored his 9th goal of the season last night.

Fastest Shot 101MPH over 10MPH faster than the next closest player and a sick trick goal.

click to Scotia bank skills

http://www.wheatkings.com/main/index
10 MPH faster than the next higher player? That's nuts.

Old
11-17-2012, 10:25 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
Various scouting reports:
If he's the all around player he's saying, this top 5 might be incredible. Four centers who can be all around, offensively adept centers, all who have varying potential at being franchise players and a potential franchise dman?

Old
11-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Interactif

Quote:
10 MPH faster than the next higher player? That's nuts.
Kind of shows the gun wasn't juiced, it's a legit 101MPH when the next bext player only hits 90MPH. Dion can't get close to breaking 100MPH.

Old
11-17-2012, 10:41 AM
OptimusForever
#teambernier

Anyone seen cole cassels play? He plays on Biggs' team and is draft eligable this year

Old
11-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Quote:
If he's the all around player he's saying, this top 5 might be incredible. Four centers who can be all around, offensively adept centers, all who have varying potential at being franchise players and a potential franchise dman?
I'd say MacKinnon is probably the only one with franchise potential, with Barkov and Monahan having the potential to be two-way 1st line centres with 70-80 point potential, maybe breaking a PPG in their prime years.

I can't say on Lindholm yet though, cause I haven't seen him enough. I found this isolation cam against Latvia for a sample. He's #22. Edit: Also, Burakovsky is #24.

Definitely need to watch Lindholm closely at the WJC and try and find potential SEL streams.

Last edited by Terrence: 11-17-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old
11-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Sundinisagod
King Altelius

Quote:
Kind of shows the gun wasn't juiced, it's a legit 101MPH when the next bext player only hits 90MPH. Dion can't get close to breaking 100MPH.
As much as I want a #1 c, salivating at the thought of this right handed cannon paired with the slick passing Rielly.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
As much as I want a #1 c, salivating at the thought of this right handed cannon paired with the slick passing Rielly.
Knowing the way Morrison and Burke think, I would say Monahan, Shinkaruk and Pulock on all on their radars, obviously every team wants Jones and Mackinnon.

Unless Nichushkin and Barkov(there ya go Finnish lol) do something special, if I am a wagering man it's one of the former if we get a 1-7 pick.

Character will be a key, I don't know much about Monahan and Shinkaruk's character's other than being good workers on the ice, Pulock a little more, Captain already on Brandon as a 18 year old, that in itself tells you the Kings think highly of this kid. Wouldn't surprise me he is high on the Leafs list.

Closed Thread