HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Filip Forsberg (2012, 11th overall, Washington; traded to Nashville)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2011, 03:53 PM
  #1
Ribban
Registered User
 
Ribban's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: USA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
RW Filip Forsberg (2012, 11th overall, Washington; traded to Nashville)

I used to have my ear to the ground regarding Swedish hockey, but other things in life grew more important, so nowadays I know next to nothing. As such, I understand that Filip Forsberg has seen some action on Leksand's first team and done it well (?)... or is it just media hype?

I know he is draft material for 2012, but can anyone fill me in on this guy?

Mods: I don't know much about this kid except for the U-17 NT and recent Leksand success, so maybe it's not worthy its own thread. Feel free to merge if that is the case.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 06:35 PM
  #2
cheerupmurray
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
He has played pretty good in the two Allsvenskan games I watch with him, looked like one of Leksands best forwards. In the superelit-games I watch with him he has been very noticable and even dominant. Forsberg seems much more comfortable than Victor Rask ever did when he was first called up. Hes been pushed around a bit in the allsvenskan-games, but thats not so surprising. He doesn´t shy away from the dirty areas though. In todays game against Västerås, he was the guy that managed to dig the puck underneath the goalie on the 2-2 goal, that Bibic later put in the net. (should have had an assist for that) Also scored a nice penalty shot in the shootout.

What is really striking about this kid is that he is a true sniper. His shot is excellent and he is a great finisher overall. Further more he is good at creating chances, often by stealing the puck in the offensive zone near the goal. He creates his own offense.

You never know with kids that age, and I am by no means an expert on judging talent, but from where im sitting he looks like a real supertalent.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 10:45 PM
  #3
Ribban
Registered User
 
Ribban's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: USA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
He has played pretty good in the two Allsvenskan games I watch with him, looked like one of Leksands best forwards. In the superelit-games I watch with him he has been very noticable and even dominant. Forsberg seems much more comfortable than Victor Rask ever did when he was first called up. Hes been pushed around a bit in the allsvenskan-games, but thats not so surprising. He doesn´t shy away from the dirty areas though. In todays game against Västerås, he was the guy that managed to dig the puck underneath the goalie on the 2-2 goal, that Bibic later put in the net. (should have had an assist for that) Also scored a nice penalty shot in the shootout.

What is really striking about this kid is that he is a true sniper. His shot is excellent and he is a great finisher overall. Further more he is good at creating chances, often by stealing the puck in the offensive zone near the goal. He creates his own offense.

You never know with kids that age, and I am by no means an expert on judging talent, but from where im sitting he looks like a real supertalent.
Another "Foppa" rising?!

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 04:26 PM
  #4
SurMartin
Registered User
 
SurMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: København/Skellefteå
Country: Sami
Posts: 1,456
vCash: 500
Needs more hype.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle8689001.ab

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 05:18 PM
  #5
cheerupmurray
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
He also have a brother that seems to be very talented aswell, the center Fredrik Forberg that plays u-16 sm for Leksand right now.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=99859

Not eligble until 2015 though, so you have some time to check him out

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 06:05 PM
  #6
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,203
vCash: 500
Makes me raise the question is he a first round talent? On the top 15 lists people make for 2012 draft I do not see any Swedes in the top 15 so maybe they are unheralded and largely unknown but much can change in the next year. Is it a weaker draft year for Sweden? Collberg was the other talent I'm hearing about.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 07:33 PM
  #7
cheerupmurray
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Makes me raise the question is he a first round talent? On the top 15 lists people make for 2012 draft I do not see any Swedes in the top 15 so maybe they are unheralded and largely unknown but much can change in the next year. Is it a weaker draft year for Sweden? Collberg was the other talent I'm hearing about.
Both Forsberg and Collberg could be top-15 picks next draft, they got that kind of talent. Sebastian Collberg have produced better numbers than any other u-17 player have ever had in Superelit, Filip Forsberg is second on that alltime-list which should be a good sign. They obviously got to progress well to be firstround picks, but that goes without saying.

It's a bit hard to tell if next year is going to be a great year or a offyear. The 1994's are rumoured to be a excellent age group, but the u-17 team haven't had much succes this season. Theres a significant number of u-17 players that have made an impact in Superelit this year though compared to last year, which should be a good sign I think.

Besides Collberg and Forsberg theres for example:
Pontus Åberg (lateborn 1993 that got some serious talent, could be a firstrounder next year, speed, hands and a great shot.)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=16835
Erik Karlsson (Yes theres another one, this one is a very skilled forward, also might have firstround potential)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=33395
Oscar Dansk (looks like a fantastic goalie talent)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=42373

Theres no clear number one swedish d-men for next years draft. Considering sweden has produced quite a few good d-men lately maybe some guy will pop up next season, or maybe it´s a offyear for d-men?

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2011, 09:03 PM
  #8
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Both Forsberg and Collberg could be top-15 picks next draft, they got that kind of talent. Sebastian Collberg have produced better numbers than any other u-17 player have ever had in Superelit, Filip Forsberg is second on that alltime-list which should be a good sign. They obviously got to progress well to be firstround picks, but that goes without saying.

It's a bit hard to tell if next year is going to be a great year or a offyear. The 1994's are rumoured to be a excellent age group, but the u-17 team haven't had much succes this season. Theres a significant number of u-17 players that have made an impact in Superelit this year though compared to last year, which should be a good sign I think.

Besides Collberg and Forsberg theres for example:
Pontus Åberg (lateborn 1993 that got some serious talent, could be a firstrounder next year, speed, hands and a great shot.)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=16835
Erik Karlsson (Yes theres another one, this one is a very skilled forward, also might have firstround potential)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=33395
Oscar Dansk (looks like a fantastic goalie talent)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=42373

Theres no clear number one swedish d-men for next years draft. Considering sweden has produced quite a few good d-men lately maybe some guy will pop up next season, or maybe it´s a offyear for d-men?
Thanks, I'm coming to expect 5-10 Swedes drafted in the first round which is far more than could have been expected just a few years ago. For some unknown reason many of these prospects go under the rader despite Swedes usually delivering on theior promiose to cross the pond they drop, and this results in talented players like Jarnkrok and Rodin for example great talents getting picked way later than their talent suggests. Too bad with Kim Lilja'a situation, he was being hyped for a while as the next up and comer now he'll have to work hard to get picked.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 03:18 PM
  #9
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 25,392
vCash: 1000
The Official Filip Forsberg Thread

Does this kid have what it takes to crack the top 10 in 2012? The top 5? The top 3? Number 1?

Craig Button said just now that he feels he's in the top 2 right now with Yakupov.

This kid sounds like the real deal. Will be fun to follow him.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 03:22 PM
  #10
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
Craig button here we go again


Last edited by thomast: 08-10-2011 at 03:29 PM.
thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 03:23 PM
  #11
SChan*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 8,029
vCash: 500
yeah if Jonas Brodin can crack a top10 draft, I think FF will too.

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 03:24 PM
  #12
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
Yeah i think he'll crack 10 maybe even top 5. Skilled swedes are wanted in the NHL.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 03:26 PM
  #13
Bure
Registered User
 
Bure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,696
vCash: 500
I find when Button likes something a lot, i.e Forsbergs tournament so far, he gets extremely excited, and exagerates a little bit.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 03:35 PM
  #14
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 25,392
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
I find when Button likes something a lot, i.e Forsbergs tournament so far, he gets extremely excited, and exagerates a little bit.
With that being said this kid has still been a potential top 15-20 prospect for the last 6 months or more....

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 04:23 PM
  #15
Tomas W
Registered User
 
Tomas W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 5,389
vCash: 500
Looks like he's going to be 1-2 among the Swedes at least. Dunno how what means in terms of overall pick, but top 15 should be almost lock?

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 05:08 PM
  #16
KRM
Registered User
 
KRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Does this kid have what it takes to crack the top 10 in 2012? The top 5? The top 3? Number 1?
Definitely.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 05:43 PM
  #17
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,029
vCash: 500
Is he really ahead of Sebastian Collberg? Could Collberg outrace him when it's all said and done?

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 05:46 PM
  #18
vippe
Registered User
 
vippe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,239
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Is he really ahead of Sebastian Collberg? Could Collberg outrace him when it's all said and done?
With my limited watch of the two I've always been more impressed with Collberg. Then again i've only been able to see a few games with each so I mightve watched good games for Collberg

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 06:31 PM
  #19
Franck
Insolent Upstart
 
Franck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,019
vCash: 50
Will be interesting to see how much ice time he will get at Leksand this year.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:25 PM
  #20
KRM
Registered User
 
KRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Is he really ahead of Sebastian Collberg? Could Collberg outrace him when it's all said and done?
They are very close IMO, both great scorers, but with quite different style of play.

Forsberg has great vision and hands, his offensive game is superb and he can deke opponent defenceman to an extent that they don't know what just happen. Good size and very good skater. On a PP you want Forsberg to have the puck as much as possible, because good things will happen.

Collberg is more straight forward, he relies heavily on his skating and excellent shot. Can blow by defenders and simply snipe it. He is smaller and plays more feisty, doesn't shy away from contact. On a PP you want Collberg to be open for a one timer, will often be positioned down low to the side of the net.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2011, 07:31 PM
  #21
Ferros
Registered User
 
Ferros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Sweden
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
I remember this kid from TV-Pucken two years ago, he was way ahead of most players but I got really annoyed that he never wanted to pass the puck. Sometimes he had the option to give his teammates an open net or a breakaway but would instead turn away to try to make some fancy move or to deke an opponent. He just didn't look like a teamplayer to me, at all.

Hope it has gotten better with age, his numbers in J20 are very impressive for his age.

Ferros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:45 AM
  #22
sg58
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,205
vCash: 500
Both him and Collberg are two prospects that very well could play their way into the top-10, perhaps the top-5, even, with great seasons. If I had too choose one, it would be Forsberg. Not necessarily because he's gonna become the better hockey player, but he's gonna get better exposure, and you shouldn't under-value that.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:55 AM
  #23
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,561
vCash: 500
Button isn't the only one impressed. EJ Hradek was tweeting about the Ivan Hlinka and I aksed him Nail or Mikhail and he said Nail but was most impressed by Forsberg at the tourney. Kids gettin some love.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 05:11 AM
  #24
NiklasF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
TOP 3! Have seen him alot, and this kid is the real deal.

NiklasF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2011, 08:39 PM
  #25
Dosing
Registered User
 
Dosing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edenryd
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
http://hockeysfuture.craveonline.com...-sweden-339119


An interview from ivan hlinka, wonder what his english grades are it's even better then mine

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.