HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Lockout Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

vCash: 500
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun Obviously fact Fehr and Daly are holding joint availability speaks to the traction generated today. But still could go either way..

12-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Helene Elliott ‏@helenenothelen
Steve Fehr: 'It may have been the best day we've had so far. I don't want to paint too rosy of a picture, however. A lot of work remains tobe done." Bill Daly: 'I want to thank the players and owners for being there and we're going to work hard and try to get a deal."

Old
12-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Paul Bisonette quoted saying " #NHL #CBA is a done deal. Where do I get my skates sharpened?" #lockout done
Please.....

Old
12-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Please.....
He's a Coyote, what else would you expect?

Old
12-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Personally, I would love it that D. Fehr gets punked in this whole process. Bettman too, but in his situation considerably less since it was his suggestion in the first place.

We'll see. I have been disappointed so many times over the past three months that I'll believe it only when I am in Staples watching that ****ing banner finally get raised to the rafters.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:10 AM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Penguins' power play brings deal closer

Quote:
NEW YORK -- The players emerged from the room around midnight and scurried down the hotel escalator past reporters, unwilling to share much, if anything.

The smiles on some of their faces, however, suggested it wasn’t a bad day at all.

As one player would later share via text message to ESPN.com, "There was certainly traction. But I don’t want to say more."

Old
12-05-2012, 06:58 AM
damacles1156

The moderate owners/player's in the room finally got through to each-other.

The players/owners realized that talking to the media doesn't help.

It's at the point both sides have lost a significant amount of money.

My prediction of mid December is still on.

This meeting was pretty shrewd by Bettman, It makes Fehr look like he is an obstructive person.

Bettman will get ZERO credit for suggesting it. He will still get blamed for everything.

Old
12-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
He's a Coyote, what else would you expect?
For him to proclaim himself a genius and to try to capture a roadrunner using Acme products

Old
12-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Martyros

According to Kypreos: Coaches contacted players and told them "to get ready"... i know word trickles down about the meetings from owners to managers/coaches....but neither side is done negotiating yet...and if anything at all, the players would KNOW if it's time to get ready or not.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

OMFG, this is almost as good as orgasm.

Old
12-05-2012, 12:56 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
The moderate owners/player's in the room finally got through to each-other.

The players/owners realized that talking to the media doesn't help.

It's at the point both sides have lost a significant amount of money.

My prediction of mid December is still on.

This meeting was pretty shrewd by Bettman, It makes Fehr look like he is an obstructive person.

Bettman will get ZERO credit for suggesting it. He will still get blamed for everything.
I agree on the Bettman part. He knew that the time was now for sponser money reasons and knew that the players viewed him as a villian. By taking himself and Fehr out of the picture he was able to get the ball moving. Oh he is still a weasel but a smart one. If this works and a deal gers done before Saturday everyone will forget that Bettman throw himself out the door and dragged Fehr with him.
Now i dont know about the rumored secrect meetings before yesterday between some owners and players but if Bettman knew about those then it means he is smarter than anyone on these boards will ever admit

Old
12-05-2012, 12:59 PM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Devils Lou Lamoriello said he is "encouraged" by CBA talks.
Good sign!

Old
12-05-2012, 01:37 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

One of the good things that may come out of this is Donald Fehr being discredited forever as a reasonable negotiator and a leader of any players' union.

Old
12-05-2012, 01:40 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
One of the good things that may come out of this is Donald Fehr being discredited forever as a reasonable negotiator and a leader of any players' union.
Maybe Fehr was involved with the la port clerical strike

Old
12-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

For the record Chris Botta is a gem to follow on twitter if you

A) Want to contemplate suicide

B) Have the bleakest outlook on everything hockey related. Ever.

I unfollowed the guy at the beginning of this whole thing, but man that has not stopped RT's from coming in every once and a while. Every one of them has been like a tweet from Eyeore off his anti-depressant meds.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:53 PM
damacles1156

LOL.

Reading the main board is like gold

People have already forgot, Bettman was the person that suggested he remove himself and Fehr from the process.

Everyone thinks Bettman is going to get fired now.... So comical.

Bettman is going NOWHERE he does exactly what the owners want.

And he does it well.

Bettman and the NHL has made Don Fehr look like a complete Obstruction person.

So if the NHLPA comes away from this(with a deal in principle) , and Fehr puts the breaks on this deal. Fehr is screwed, The players will fire him.

Cause we all know Bettman is not going to get in the way of any deal that comes out of this meeting.

Old
12-05-2012, 03:23 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
You just know Donald Fehr's ego has to be hurting just a little right now.

His own players he represents, basically threw him out of these negotiations.

What does that mean for the future of the NHLPA ? They brokered a deal WITHOUT the supposed leader.

This might be coincidence; or this is a really shrewd calculated move by Bettman, and the NHL, to make Donald Fehr look bad.

Cause lets face it, the NHL players/Fans hate Bettman regardless of what happens.

But a Deal might get done cause Donald Fehr was finally removed from the process. That speaks volumes.

Now the players AND the owners look like heroes that saved the season.... It's bloody brilliant, Cause Bettman doesn't care that people hate him.

Fehr though ?

Last edited by damacles1156: 12-05-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old
12-05-2012, 04:47 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
You just know Donald Fehr's ego has to be hurting just a little right now.

His own players he represents, basically threw him out of these negotiations.

What does that mean for the future of the NHLPA ? They brokered a deal WITHOUT the supposed leader.

This might be coincidence; or this is a really shrewd calculated move by Bettman, and the NHL, to make Donald Fehr look bad.

Cause lets face it, the NHL players/Fans hate Bettman regardless of what happens.

But a Deal might get done cause Donald Fehr was finally removed from the process. That speaks volumes.

Now the players AND the owners look like heroes that saved the season.... It's bloody brilliant, Cause Bettman doesn't care that people hate him.

Fehr though ?
You have to think that at least half the players are going to look at the deal they eventually get and say, "This is what took so long?"

Old
12-05-2012, 05:26 PM
no name

Don't get your hopes up guys. The owners have already pulled the biggest negotiation trick in the business three times. They allow a little bit of optimism and then pull the plug and not waver. The big guns always win in this ploy because the players (or employees in my experience in union negotiations) are emotional. You build them up, get their wives happy, get them excited to play a game and then take off their skates. Eventually they wear down and crumble. This could very well be the fourth attempt at this. That is why when I heard GB suggest this I assumed that was the best, most personal way to get in the players heads.

Old
12-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Martyros

The hate towards Bettman is ridiculous. I mean, i suppose everyone hates their boss. Atleast he came up with some propositions whereas Don Fehr kept saying "we don't know what to do next."

Old
12-05-2012, 05:40 PM
HockeyCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Don't get your hopes up guys. The owners have already pulled the biggest negotiation trick in the business three times. They allow a little bit of optimism and then pull the plug and not waver. The big guns always win in this ploy because the players (or employees in my experience in union negotiations) are emotional. You build them up, get their wives happy, get them excited to play a game and then take off their skates. Eventually they wear down and crumble. This could very well be the fourth attempt at this. That is why when I heard GB suggest this I assumed that was the best, most personal way to get in the players heads.
This makes a lot of sense, and usually I would agree with you, as it is something I would see the owners' doing. But I think other owners are now involved. Everyone keeps talking about Ron Burkyl, and judging by his background, he is very well regarded as a fair negotiator. I think this thing will get done. To many positive signs for it not to.

Old
12-05-2012, 05:45 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
What three times?

The only man that ever said they were close to an agreement was Donald Fehr. Daly and Bettman always said that they were miles apart.

Old
12-05-2012, 05:58 PM
CandianKingsFan14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCA View Post
This makes a lot of sense, and usually I would agree with you, as it is something I would see the owners' doing. But I think other owners are now involved. Everyone keeps talking about Ron Burkyl, and judging by his background, he is very well regarded as a fair negotiator. I think this thing will get done. To many positive signs for it not to.
I deff agree!!

Old
12-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Ron Burkle is Straight Outta Claremont!

Old
12-05-2012, 07:31 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
You have to think that at least half the players are going to look at the deal they eventually get and say, "This is what took so long?"
And those players that have spoken out about the process have basically been **** talked by other players and fans. Look at all the crap Recchi got on here for saying something similar.

Closed Thread