HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Lockout Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
So, if there is not season, how do they settle the draft? I'm guessing they just draft at the same position as the year prior, which shafts Columbus.
I suggest reading this thread, it has good info on how the 05 draft was handled and what a similiar system would mean for this draft in the event the season was cancelled.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1244645

Old
12-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
You call it negative, I'd prefer to say I'm a realist. Lets put it this way, had the Kings not squeezed into that 8th spot (which you have to admit was too close for comfort), would you be bragging about their 13-5-3 run?
If you are a realist, then deal with reality.

The reality of the situation is that we DID make the playoffs, and a key reason for doing so was going 13-5-3 down the stretch.

The rest is history.

12-20-2012, 10:24 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
If you are a realist, then deal with reality.

The reality of the situation is that we DID make the playoffs, and a key reason for doing so was going 13-5-3 down the stretch.

The rest is history.
Once again, your going off on a tangent. Nobody disagrees the run was impressive, this all started with me claiming the Kings are a streaky team....and you just backed up my argument, so I guess we now see it eye to eye.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:45 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Once again, your going off on a tangent. Nobody disagrees the run was impressive, this all started with me claiming the Kings are a streaky team....and you just backed up my argument, so I guess we now see it eye to eye.
All I can say is .

Old
12-20-2012, 11:12 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
During the 16 games after Jeff Carter was acquired by the Kings Dustin Brown scored 8 goals and 15 assists. That is 8 of his 22 goals and 15 of his 32 assists (54 total points) during a 16 game span. Once Carter got here Dustin Brown had his "re-emergence" and the Kings earned 68 of our 95 total points once DS took over (26 wins and 14 ties) mid December.

So no, we weren't a streaky team at all after DS took over and once JC got here DB did have a re-emergence but of course that also happened once DS put him on a line that he hadn't played on too much before then.

Old
12-20-2012, 11:29 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
ESPNLA 710 Radio @ESPNLA710
Boo! Get it together NHL! BREAKING: NHL announces the cancellation of 2012-13 regular-season schedule through January 14.

Quote:
Ron M @RonM11
@ESPNLA710 What does it matter to you? You would give as much coverage to the Kings as you do now if a regular season was in full swing!
This station never talks about the NHL...they only jumped on the bandwagon last season when the Kings made the playoffs. Just days after the Kings won the Stanley Cup, they were off the radar again.

Aside from some news updates, they have give ZERO coverage to the lockout. Which makes this tweet by them scratch my head even more.

Old
12-21-2012, 12:28 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Do they ever reply to your tweets?

Old
12-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
ESPN didn't, but when I sent one to Elliot Teaford about the Clippers, he retweeted it.

Was this one:

Quote:
Ron M @RonM11
@ElliottTeaford @EricPatten
You would never even know the Clippers existed in listening to KSPN 710 all day.
#LakersOnlyClippersNeedNotApply

Old
12-21-2012, 01:00 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Oh, I will say that Mark Willard said on Tuesday morning show something to the effect "We have heard you Clipper fans wondering why we aren't talking about you and we know you have won 10 in a row and we are going to discuss the Clippers" etc. etc.

After pelting the station for two weeks, I felt pretty vindicated haha. Anyway, their Clipper discussion didn't last very long. But its a start.

And if the Clippers keep winning, how in the world can they continue to ignore them?

Old
12-21-2012, 01:28 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

This is happening.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412044
Fehr: holidays won't impact any negotiations; there has been communication between NHL and NHLPA offices.

Old
12-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
This is happening.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412044
Fehr: holidays won't impact any negotiations; there has been communication between NHL and NHLPA offices.
LOL, what is happening exactly?

They are all 'hoping' to start negotiating? Sweet, yeah, I guess that's happening.

Old
12-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Fishhead

Quote:

They are all 'hoping' to start negotiating? Sweet, yeah, I guess that's happening.
It's sad that things like "The offices have been in contact" are news stories now.

I guess it's something. I'm somewhat optimistic something will get done , because I can't believe either side would be that stupid. Still, I gave up trying to figure out what is lip service and what is genuine long ago.

Old
12-21-2012, 10:49 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:

Can I ask what your issue is with TG? You've been all over him, taking jabs at him for the last 2-3 pages of this thread, and trying to one up in posting links and frankly it's getting old.

Old
12-21-2012, 10:54 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:

This is happening

As in the thread that I posted happened and the two sides haven't given up negotiating.

Exactly that and that alone. As I have demonstrated before, if I had anything more to say I would say it.

But thanks for your insightful commentary on my posts again, they are always interesting.

Old
12-21-2012, 11:02 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

The voting now has officially closed (as of 9am pt) for the NHLPA.

That just happened........too.

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl Following NHLPA vote deadline, a conference call will take place this afternoon with Executive Board and Negotiating Committees. #TSN

It will take a little time to hear the results from the vote as well as what actions will be taken.

That's all.

Last edited by etherialone: 12-21-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old
12-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Can I ask what your issue is with TG? You've been all over him, taking jabs at him for the last 2-3 pages of this thread, and trying to one up in posting links and frankly it's getting old.
You should have seen it before the moderators cleaned it up.

Old
12-21-2012, 11:49 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
You should have seen it before the moderators cleaned it up.
Its all in good fun I guess. Takes allot more to bug me.

Anyways, with today being the end of the world it is funny to note that to date the players have lost $666mil......exactly.

12/21

Old
12-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

We'll know it is the end of the world if the players voted to accept the NHL's best offer (assuming that really was an option on the ballot). Don't worry folks, I won't be holding my breath!

Old
12-21-2012, 03:34 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
His issue is that TG has been posting things throughout the lockout under the premise of "i'm hearing xyz..." or "the talk is that xyz..." but nothing has happened. He's frustrated that nothing is happening, as am I, so he's tired of hearing it. He is also more than likely suspicious of TG's sources and could possibly believe that he doesn't have any at all.

When you put your neck out on a message board and claim to have inside knowledge or know someone who knows someone, you are opening yourself up to criticism. TG has said A LOT in this and previous lock out threads but here we are, seemingly at the same place we have been. When that happens, it is inevitable that the poster claiming to know things will be attacked...even happened to old board mainstay Surly Jacob during the Doughty negotiation.

Old
12-21-2012, 03:54 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
His issue is that TG has been posting things throughout the lockout under the premise of "i'm hearing xyz..." or "the talk is that xyz..." but nothing has happened. He's frustrated that nothing is happening, as am I, so he's tired of hearing it. He is also more than likely suspicious of TG's sources and could possibly believe that he doesn't have any at all.

When you put your neck out on a message board and claim to have inside knowledge or know someone who knows someone, you are opening yourself up to criticism. TG has said A LOT in this and previous lock out threads but here we are, seemingly at the same place we have been. When that happens, it is inevitable that the poster claiming to know things will be attacked...even happened to old board mainstay Surly Jacob during the Doughty negotiation.
I will stand on what I have said and posted here over the past several years and find it odd that anyone would get so upset about what I have posted or really what anyone else has either.

The thing that often gets overlooked is that in this situation were are discussing a negotiation and while I do hear things and post what I hear they don't happen in a vacuum so I have no control of what happens when I hear things and as I have said throughout this entire thread I am posting the things that I hear and that is all that I am doing.

I use phrases like "take it for what its worth"etc to remind people that while I have been correct in the past and posted things that happened ahead of the media they were usually regarding player/personnel transactions and typically not about situations like the lockout.

I hear what I hear and I post it. Take it or leave it, I am good with it, honestly.

Old
12-21-2012, 04:00 PM
HockeyCA

What are the state of negotiations at this point? It seems to me we are in a rather strange place. Why are the owners and players not meeting? Why was there a big spectacle two weeks back? What has been the point of all of this? Both sides to be trying to negotiate through the media, with a bigger emphasis on the public relations war, rather than trying to solve the internal stalemate. Does the NHL continue to have these same lockout issues because both sides are shrewder negotiators than the other sports league? Or is it more about incompetence, and a lack of willingness to compromise from both sides? Quite frankly, I am sick of this nonsense. Both sides have taken complete advantage of a niche fanbase who they expect to turn out in droves after collectively shoving their faces in cow manuer. It is my hope that the fanbase sends a strong message to both sides, so we can finally have two sides who are able to stop chasing the collective buck. This lockout has been sickening to me.

Old
12-21-2012, 05:20 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCA View Post
What are the state of negotiations at this point? It seems to me we are in a rather strange place. Why are the owners and players not meeting? Why was there a big spectacle two weeks back? What has been the point of all of this? Both sides to be trying to negotiate through the media, with a bigger emphasis on the public relations war, rather than trying to solve the internal stalemate. Does the NHL continue to have these same lockout issues because both sides are shrewder negotiators than the other sports league? Or is it more about incompetence, and a lack of willingness to compromise from both sides? Quite frankly, I am sick of this nonsense. Both sides have taken complete advantage of a niche fanbase who they expect to turn out in droves after collectively shoving their faces in cow manuer. It is my hope that the fanbase sends a strong message to both sides, so we can finally have two sides who are able to stop chasing the collective buck. This lockout has been sickening to me.
These two sides are fighting over the smallest amount of money. Especially TV money. That's why they've lost the most games.

This lockout is about the same thing the previous two lockouts were about; the cap. That's why you bring Don Fehr in. That's the only reason you bring him in.

The NHL needs an actual hard cap(what they've had since 2005 was basically a soft cap), or far fewer teams. And in today's world of free agency, any franchise west of Chicago(and only because they're O6), or south of Philly, probably shouldn't even bother with having a team.

Old
12-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I will stand on what I have said and posted here over the past several years and find it odd that anyone would get so upset about what I have posted or really what anyone else has either.

The thing that often gets overlooked is that in this situation were are discussing a negotiation and while I do hear things and post what I hear they don't happen in a vacuum so I have no control of what happens when I hear things and as I have said throughout this entire thread I am posting the things that I hear and that is all that I am doing.

I use phrases like "take it for what its worth"etc to remind people that while I have been correct in the past and posted things that happened ahead of the media they were usually regarding player/personnel transactions and typically not about situations like the lockout.

I hear what I hear and I post it. Take it or leave it, I am good with it, honestly.

Yeah I know I gave you a hard time before but it is basically up to the user to decide what they want to believe and what they don't. As I said before, and no disrespect meant, but I'll believe there is a resolution to this when there are NHL players on the ice. Until then, I don't care what anyone says because to me it is meaningless until hockey is actually being played.

Just like the old Eklund spiel, people can choose to believe what they want and if they don't like it, don't read it. They are entitled to disagree but there is no reason to attack anyone especially when there are people interested in reading what you have to say.

The same goes for the players on twitter. I don't care what their opinion of the matter is. Quite frankly, I agree with the guytwo posts above me (HockeyCA )who I've disagreed with during the course of this. It is beyond ridiculous that we are on the verge of losing another season and ALL of us should really vote with our wallets when this is eventually resolvd. We all need to make a statement that makes them think next time a CBA expires and make them all regret they did this. I know this is a lot of hot air (errr.. keystokes) but I'm sticking to my word. Zero dollars will be spent on the NHL when it returns for a full season. It is a matter of principal at this point. What really sucks is seeing fans argue with each other over somethnig none of us have a stake in. I think Tikkanen said it best when he said he is a hockey fan and doesn't care about the business side. I don't care what is right and what is wrong because i have no dog in the fight other than the game. I don't care if the players get 2% of the revenue. Boohoo! I don't care if the owners are bleeding money. Figure this **** out or become irrelavant. Seems like they are choosing the latter over the former.

Old
12-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

I am pretty angry right now...you should see some of the tweets being sent to the NHL twitter feed...I just sent one, I doubt if it will make a difference, but my anger is showing. This is ****ing bull ****, it really is.

Quote:
Ron M @RonM11
@NHL
Hey a-holes, we already lost our PA announcer, how many old-timer fans need to die before us Kings fans get to see the banner raised?

Old
12-21-2012, 07:43 PM
HockeyCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
These two sides are fighting over the smallest amount of money. Especially TV money. That's why they've lost the most games.

This lockout is about the same thing the previous two lockouts were about; the cap. That's why you bring Don Fehr in. That's the only reason you bring him in.

The NHL needs an actual hard cap(what they've had since 2005 was basically a soft cap), or far fewer teams. And in today's world of free agency, any franchise west of Chicago(and only because they're O6), or south of Philly, probably shouldn't even bother with having a team.
This lockout has not been about the cap, at all actually. It has been about the split of revenues, and now its about player contracting rights. The NHL already has a pretty hard cap. A soft cap is the NBA approach, which allows you to go over, but you are taxed punitively. You cannot go over the NHL salary cap, although the cap has not really come into play with such a drastic escalation of player salaries, if one is being honest about it.

Closed Thread