HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Trade Period Opens.....? Who's buying, who's selling?

Old
01-03-2013, 02:53 PM
ClemQ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
That's what I don't like about it. Kelly isn't a 20yo except on Shawi or Sherbrooke, and he doesn't have trade value... So while the Titan don't lose this deal, it's not really necessary IMO... Especially when you have guys that you want in the line-up(if there's injuries)...

Not sure what their status is, but what about Blanchard and Gallant?
that deal doesnt make any sense at all.....

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:19 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
It really sucks watching the Eagles management, fans, and players go through this... The organization is in shambles since Pascal left...

I have many relatives in CB, and the Eagles are like a second team to me... It's a shame they have the amount of players asking to leave as they do... Something, or someone needs to happen, or make a big statement. Trade Carrier, get alot of assets to build on your 95-97s and be patient... It's hard, but they need a true rebuild.
I agree, Dumont will turn it around but it will take time. He walked into a mess.

This will make him of break him.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:29 PM
chsb

Quote:
MacNeil is a very big, mobile defenseman for Midget, but I think it can translate to junior... He's about 5'11 205 pounds roughly with good offensive instincts... He's been out most of the year this season however, but should fight for a roster spot with Bathurst next summer.
I also hear he is quite an athlete excelling in multiple sports.

He came to Bathurst this Christmas and I think he had a wrist injury early this season.
He is getting ready for next season.

The Titan had too many #5-6 Ds this season competing for the same spots and not enough Ds with upside.
So they decided to give ice time to Gosselin and Gingras, to trade McGurty and Doucet and get an experienced stay at home in Delorme who will be able to play the shutdown role with Houle.

It was more a choice to give Doucet an opportunity to develop rather than an obligation and it happened that Kelly was the kind of forward the Titan needed.

I don't say that it makes totally sense hockeywise or for the Titan; instead it gives an opp to the kid and to the Titan a player for the rest of the season.

As mentioned before, the Titan are between a rock and a hard place and have to play 0.600 hockey from now to season end in order to finish 8th-9th similar to last season and position themselves for the playoffs.

By changing Coach and trading, they have really improved the team and it should translate in wins IMO.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:31 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
that deal doesnt make any sense at all.....
Rather ironic how a trade between an 8th D and a 4th liner triggers so much reaction on your part.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:24 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Rather ironic how a trade between an 8th D and a 4th liner triggers so much reaction on your part.
Really? You said they have a greatly improved team...... Other than changing the coach, what have they done to improve their team? Traded a 4th liner for an 8th dman????? Or by trading hynes for beaudry???? Those arent huge improvements.... Keep drinking the LGM kool aid. It obviously helps the view!!!

Old
01-03-2013, 05:32 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
Really? You said they have a greatly improved team...... Other than changing the coach, what have they done to improve their team? Traded a 4th liner for an 8th dman????? Or by trading hynes for beaudry???? Those arent huge improvements.... Keep drinking the LGM kool aid. It obviously helps the view!!!
Haven't you heard about cleaning up a dressing room?

LGM said that the Coach firing was 50% the players' fault by their play....at least some of them...

Hynes was not a bonus in Bathurst....he was rather a distraction contrary to what we see from Beaudry so far.
McGurty was a 7th D and Doucet a #8 D.
Banville was playing undisciplined hockey lately.
Lyle was not performing as expected and was in the bleachers half the time.

What did we really lose according to you?

But...they gained Pelletier who was a very good acquisition, Gingras who will be here for a few years,and Delorme who is a dependable shutdown D; Walsh is a question mark...coud turn good or stagnate.

But the whole situation is the team spirit and the work ethics have turned around because of this sanitizing....

I have been very clear in stating that the Titan have underachieved since the beginning of the season...maybe something hard to grasp for you.

Old
01-03-2013, 06:38 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

The Titan won't go far. But it's a start.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:31 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
The Titan won't go far. But it's a start.
5-0 after 2 periods against PEI is indeed a good start....

Old
01-03-2013, 07:50 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
It is, but that's not what I meant... The blocks to success are being put in place.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:59 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Clear the path to the cup. The titan are coming!!!!!

Old
01-03-2013, 08:23 PM
chsb

Quote:
It is, but that's not what I meant... The blocks to success are being put in place.
We will have a better idea after the weekend games and against Halifax with a full lineup next Wednesday.

If they can get 6 out of 8 points there, that will be a huge boost.
The boys are having fun out there.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
On parle beaucoup de Huberdeau et Danault mais celui qui pourrait faire sauter la banque à Rimouski: Beauvillier. L'intérêt pour lui est là.
http://twitter.com/MLalancette/statu...96249096368129

Wondering if Boucher would be willing to trade Beauvillier even if the Oceanic is in a good position right now.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 10:07 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post

Wondering if Boucher would be willing to trade Beauvillier even if the Oceanic is in a good position right now.
He also says to watch the goalie market, says a few teams are looking to upgrade.

Beauvillier to BLB ? He fit in... After the month they had no way they are done. And they need a ether backup.

Old
01-04-2013, 12:49 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
We will have a better idea after the weekend games and against Halifax with a full lineup next Wednesday.

If they can get 6 out of 8 points there, that will be a huge boost.
The boys are having fun out there.
Are you a member of the team? Seriously, you speak as if you're stating facts and have already come to conclusions... It's not really out of the ordinary for you, and I don't have a problem with the renewed optimism, but nothing's happened yet, so maybe enough with the posts that make it seem like the Titan have already turned it around, and are headed toward greatness...

As for what they've done... Yes, they're good moves for what LGM is dealing with... No position to buy, can't full-on sell, so he's been tweaking and getting rid of the people who don't want to be there (Banville, Hynes) There is/will be (deadline not done) a big overhaul in Bathurst, let's see how it plays out...

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 05:16 AM
chsb

Quote:
Are you a member of the team? Seriously, you speak as if you're stating facts and have already come to conclusions... It's not really out of the ordinary for you, and I don't have a problem with the renewed optimism, but nothing's happened yet, so maybe enough with the posts that make it seem like the Titan have already turned it around, and are headed toward greatness...

As for what they've done... Yes, they're good moves for what LGM is dealing with... No position to buy, can't full-on sell, so he's been tweaking and getting rid of the people who don't want to be there (Banville, Hynes) There is/will be (deadline not done) a big overhaul in Bathurst, let's see how it plays out...
Stating that the boys are having fun, that the atmosphere around the team is very good and that they are playing as a team now is nothing a regular fan cannot see.
Watching the webcast last night, I culd see the collective play improved and the defensive game much improved.

Also we can very well notice the 60 minutes effort which is a direct result of the improved conditioning and of rolling 4 lines continuously.

I don't mean to flood this thread with the Titan and I will pursue my comments on the Titan thread instead for the future.
The Titan have underachieved since the beginning of the season and they are now at the level I was expecting them to be which is nice to see for the Titan fans.

Old
01-04-2013, 06:02 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

According to the Twitter of Mikael Lalacentte, he heard a rumor that the Rocket are in on Huberdeau:
Pepin, 1st and a goalie for Jonathan Huberdeau.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:01 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
According to the Twitter of Mikael Lalacentte, he heard a rumor that the Rocket are in on Huberdeau:
Pepin, 1st and a goalie for Jonathan Huberdeau.
Are we really going to see that kind of return for a guy who is very likely to step in the NHL if the lockout ends?

ChuckyToGally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 07:05 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post

They are apparently seeking a 18 years old winger with size who can score goals. If they can get it done, I could see Beauvillier traded as he is likely to turn pro next season.

Rimouski may be good now but the team was built to contend next year and in two years and Philippe Boucher needs to remember this.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:50 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
Are we really going to see that kind of return for a guy who is very likely to step in the NHL if the lockout ends?
He has 4 days left before he's locked in for the year...

Old
01-04-2013, 09:01 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Trudeau to Val'Dor for Simard and a draft pick.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:24 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
He has 4 days left before he's locked in for the year...
What happens if the NHL and the players come to an agreement before January 11th but after the trade deadline in the Q on January 8th?

I would imagine that teams might be hesitant to give a huge return for what might be a couple days of Huberdeau...

Old
01-04-2013, 09:41 PM
hockeyfan1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by forecheck View Post
If Serge like him so much why didnt he draft him ?? Kid was a 6th round pick in the Q draft and was playing midget right in his own backyard..I think that outlines the ongoing problems with your franchise.

haha there is a long list of Islanders drafted into the Q the past few years that the rocket never looked at and they were playing right under their nose

hockeyfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 09:56 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
What happens if the NHL and the players come to an agreement before January 11th but after the trade deadline in the Q on January 8th?

I would imagine that teams might be hesitant to give a huge return for what might be a couple days of Huberdeau...
He will be locked in on the 8th. That is the recall deadline.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:05 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
He will be locked in on the 8th. That is the recall deadline.
I get that but there must be something special with the actual lockout.

Is it different in the OHL? Because we know for a fact that Galchenyuk will report to the Habs if the lockout ends and we haven't see any recall deadline.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:09 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I get that but there must be something special with the actual lockout.

Is it different in the OHL? Because we know for a fact that Galchenyuk will report to the Habs if the lockout ends and we haven't see any recall deadline.
We know.. Who's we ?

From what I know/understand. The deadline for CHL players to get called back is the 8th... That's roster deadline day.