HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Easiest league to transition from to AHL

Old
11-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I guess that, by your definition, Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf "just aren't very good" then.
Not that I agree with his point, but these are poor examples. It's hard to say whether or not they would have stayed in the CHL if there wasn't a lockout. Then they played a combined 36 regular season games in the AHL before being promoted to the NHL. 49 total games in the AHL if you count their AHL playoff stints after their CHL seasons ended. There wasn't much of a gap between their CHL careers and NHL careers.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Not that I agree with his point, but these are poor examples. It's hard to say whether or not they would have stayed in the CHL if there wasn't a lockout. Then they played a combined 36 regular season games in the AHL before being promoted to the NHL. 49 total games in the AHL if you count their AHL playoff stints after their CHL seasons ended. There wasn't much of a gap between their CHL careers and NHL careers.
I figured someone would bring that up, but having seen both Getzlaf and Perry take their first steps, it was clear they would not have been in the NHL during the lockout year. They simply were not ready.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I figured someone would bring that up, but having seen both Getzlaf and Perry take their first steps, it was clear they would not have been in the NHL during the lockout year. They simply were not ready.
Just curious example selection on your part when there were plenty of good examples without a lockout asterix hanging over them. David Krejci, Ryan Callahan, Karl Alzner, etc.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Just curious example selection on your part when there were plenty of good examples without a lockout asterix hanging over them. David Krejci, Ryan Callahan, Karl Alzner, etc.
I named two players I saw develop into the players they are. That's all.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote