HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kids at Hockey Games

Old
01-13-2013, 08:19 AM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

vCash: 500
Kids at Hockey Games

I'm wanting to take my son to his first hockey game. He's nearly 5 years old (April), and I was curious where the best seating for him would be. I've gone to a couple of games myself and have sat a few seats from the glass; I've also sat further back in front of the club level. Both seats were great, and really I don't think you can sit in a bad seat at a hockey game. The issue is that my son, being so young, isn't going to really follow what is going on. He'll most likely just enjoy the action and energy of the arena. My question is: Where is the best seat for a young child at a hockey game?

LUUUUUIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:56 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
I'm wanting to take my son to his first hockey game. He's nearly 5 years old (April), and I was curious where the best seating for him would be. I've gone to a couple of games myself and have sat a few seats from the glass; I've also sat further back in front of the club level. Both seats were great, and really I don't think you can sit in a bad seat at a hockey game. The issue is that my son, being so young, isn't going to really follow what is going on. He'll most likely just enjoy the action and energy of the arena. My question is: Where is the best seat for a young child at a hockey game?

At that age, as you said, he is probably not going to follow a lot of the action. I would say the best seat is anywhere he can enjoy quality time with his daddy.

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:

I'm gonna say club level. Up there you have easy access to the concourse and you have limited stairs to deal with. But really, you can't go wrong...

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:30 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
My daughter grew up going to Panther games when we lived down there, and I take my 9 year old son whenever we get a chance. Young kids, it doesn't matter where you sit for the game, they're not engged much anyway, although lower bowl is better for Stanley visits(if he gets his job back). Kids love warm-up on the glass. ALWAYS do that. Enjoy your children.

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:39 PM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

How early are the warm-ups? We're 3 hours away. Don't
They usually have activities on Sunday games for kids? Thanks for all the advice, guys!

LUUUUUIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:10 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
How early are the warm-ups? We're 3 hours away. Don't
They usually have activities on Sunday games for kids? Thanks for all the advice, guys!
They usually have extra stuff setup outside for kids on Sundays. But I think they have slides and puck shoots etc for pretty much every game. Not sure exactly what time warm ups start they usually open the doors an hour before puck drop.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:32 PM
aviators99

If he hasn't already learned them from you, prepare to have your son learn some new words at the arena. Mine did when I started taking him at about the same age. But I guess it's part of hockey!

aviators99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:35 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviators99 View Post
If he hasn't already learned them from you, prepare to have your son learn some new words at the arena. Mine did when I started taking him at about the same age. But I guess it's part of hockey!
I try to watch what I say when I have kids around if a situation arises like the ref making a bad call or one of our guys screwing up.

I notice until most very young kids try to pay attention to the game at first with their parents explaining what's going on, but they get bored midway through the 1st period. They do love getting up close to the players during warmups and watch them practice. Luckily, there's plenty to do outside of the game as it was mentioned with the stuff going on outside on the concourse. and the game room upstairs.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:12 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

I raised my kids at the arena (and the golf course). I love the clubs as others have said for easy access to large uncrowded corridors and Stanleys.

adam graves is online now   Reply With Quote