HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Where You Bored Of The NHL From 1976 to 1990?

Old
11-21-2012, 10:27 AM
WingsFan95

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
The NHL from 95 to 03 was pretty much a 4 team league. Devils, Aves, Red Wings, Stars
I concur.

And yes, post-lockout (05) the league is crap. Oh no, another lockout? Don't even care.

Hockey is not solely the NHL.

WingsFan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I agree that I think it is highly unlikely that the Kings win the next Cup, but I don't agree that the Kings don't have top shelf talent. In fact I would argue they have more top shelf talent than Pittsburgh. The difference, like Boston, is that the best of their top shelf talent is in goal and on D and their forwards are pretty impressive if you stop to think about it for a minute just like Boston's are.

Neither of those teams has Crosby or Malkin, but after that both Boston and LA are far, far better teams and the only question is can Crosby and Malkin balance the disparity in talent.

If this wasn't a capped league then the Penguins could build a dynasty because they have those players.

I am also 100% positive there will be people telling their grandkids about the LA Kings, their playoff performance was one of the most dominating ever, do you really think that people won't talk about a team that almost didn't make the playoffs and had serious trouble scoring all of a sudden turned into a steam roller in the playoffs?

People will make it out to be better than it was because it is a great story, LA's first Cup and the other reasons I mentioned. It bored me to be honest.
I just think the Kings are a forgettable team. Someone had to win the Cup in 2012 and that's pretty much what it boiled down to. There wasn't a lot of drama in the Cup final either. Strange, because the first two games went into overtime, but I was never excited to watch that final. It is kind of like Boston in 2011. Their best players are their goalie and defenseman. That's fine, but it doesn't make you remember them a whole bunch. How many people rave about the Baltimore Ravens when they won the Super Bowl in 2001? Their best player was Ray Lewis. Hey, that's fine because they were a strong defensive team but they played in a boring Super Bowl, they had a no-name QB as well. The Kings are kind of like that.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote