HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nashville-New Jersey

Old
11-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Nashville-New Jersey

To Nashville: Henrik Tallinder

To New Jersey: Matt Halischuk and a 3rd.

Devils get a young third liner with some upside while giving up a Tallinder that is expendable to them right now. Nashville gets a 3/4 defenseman that can provide stability to their second pairing.

Thoughts?

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:38 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Defense is not Nashville's problem, even losing Suter, and Tallinder at the most would get you a 3rd, maybe a 2nd, no more. Nashville passes.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
We already stole Halischuk away from you guys, no way he's going back.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Defense is not Nashville's problem, even losing Suter, and Tallinder at the most would get you a 3rd, maybe a 2nd, no more. Nashville passes.
Tallinder gets you a lot more than a third. That's certainly fair value, whether or not Nashville is interested in moving Halischuk may be a different story, but you are seriously underestimating Tallinder.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:46 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Weber, Josi, and Klein are our top three, with Ellis, Ekholm, Gill, Hannan, and Blum vying for the remaining spots. We're pretty much set on defense, although I wouldn't mind an older guy who can lead the rush and provide some extra offensive pop from the back.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Weber, Josi, and Klein are our top three, with Ellis, Ekholm, Gill, Hannan, and Blum vying for the remaining spots. We're pretty much set on defense, although I wouldn't mind an older guy who can lead the rush and provide some extra offensive pop from the back.
Tallinder is more of an all around guy. He will give you a good outlet pass and carry the puck up the ice everyone once in a while. He does have some offense to him and a pretty good shot, definitely moreso then Hannan and Gill.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:48 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Tallinder gets you a lot more than a third. That's certainly fair value, whether or not Nashville is interested in moving Halischuk may be a different story, but you are seriously underestimating Tallinder.
With his contract and injury history good luck.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Preds are figuratively the Devils of the Western Conference or vice versa. Same strengths (stacked defensively), same weaknesses (top 6, damn you Radulov) :

That makes them bad trade partners.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
With his contract and injury history good luck.

That's right, I hope Tallinder will not be traded, believe me.

Old
11-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

As a Nashville fan, I'd do this in a heartbeat.

I feel less confident in our d-men than most though. If Weber takes a step back after losing Suter and Josi struggles as a sophomore, suddenly our defense is pretty weak. Having Tallinder around should improve and stabilize Klein and the 2nd pairing, taking less pressure off Weber.

Halischuk will be nothing more than a 3rd liner and was a healthy scratch for many games last year. Not a huge loss.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Predsrule

Value isnt bad but easy pass from me love the game Halischuk brigs.

Predsrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

I feel less confident in our d-men than most though. If Weber takes a step back after losing Suter and Josi struggles as a sophomore, suddenly our defense is pretty weak. Having Tallinder around should improve and stabilize Klein and the 2nd pairing, taking less pressure off Weber.

Halischuk will be nothing more than a 3rd liner and was a healthy scratch for many games last year. Not a huge loss.
That's what I was getting at with Tallinder, in a good world, Weber will return to his usual play and the youngsters would come and make an impact. With Tallinder, you still have the option for youngsters but if they don't progress, you have a steady, reliable veteran to fall back on. Josi and Blum could have great seasons, pushing Tallinder to the third pair, but then that means your defense is that much better.

For me, Halischuk brings the perfect bottom-six game that DeBoer wants, while still being young and having upside. I would love to see a Halischuk-Josefson-Clarkson line in action.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
For the life of me I cannot understand why so many Devils fans are hell bent on bringing Halischuk back. He's carving out a decent bottom 6 role for himself with the Predators, but he's hardly someone we must have back. I would bet that we have a forward prospect in the system who can do what Halischuk is doing now within a couple years, and we don't have to trade Tallinder to get him.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
For the life of me I cannot understand why so many Devils fans are hell bent on bringing Halischuk back. He's carving out a decent bottom 6 role for himself with the Predators, but he's hardly someone we must have back. I would bet that we have a forward prospect in the system who can do what Halischuk is doing now within a couple years, and we don't have to trade Tallinder to get him.
Right now Halischuk is a nice 15g 15a third liner that brings a lot of energy and he's still young. Right now, the Devils need someone to stabilize their bottom six, in my opinion, and that's what Halischuk would do. Tallinder's not going to get much better than a third liner, maybe an expendable second/third liner on a team that's deep in forwards (MacArthur, Raymond, etc.)

Old
11-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Right now Halischuk is a nice 15g 15a third liner that brings a lot of energy and he's still young. Right now, the Devils need someone to stabilize their bottom six, in my opinion, and that's what Halischuk would do. Tallinder's not going to get much better than a third liner, maybe an expendable second/third liner on a team that's deep in forwards (MacArthur, Raymond, etc.)
A more urgent need is to find someone to take (as much as possible) a top 6 winger role. With the current line-up, playing Clarkson on a top line looks like the best option to fill the hole, but it's already a very bad idea.
For the secondary, with the likes of Gionta, Bernier, Carter, Clarkson, Josefson, Tedenby or even Butler and Pesonen, there's not such an urgency. Devils bottom 6 is not amazing but doesn't look that awful neither.

Devils still need Tallinder as well in my opinion, he's the defence-man that Pete Deboer trusts the most.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

I agree with the analysis of the blueline's status and Tallinder's potential usefulness thereon, but not with the analysis of Halischuk and thus not with the conclusion. Considering his status as one of the newly established regulars on the Goal-Scoring Committee, I wouldn't want to give him up unless there's an obvious replacement coming up from the minors and right now there isn't one that I can see.

It's a clever idea tho, IMO.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri the Fury View Post
A more urgent need is to find someone to take (as much as possible) a top 6 winger role. With the current line-up, playing Clarkson on a top line looks like the best option to fill the hole, but it's already a very bad idea.
For the secondary, with the likes of Gionta, Bernier, Carter, Clarkson, Josefson, Tedenby or even Butler and Pesonen, there's not such an urgency. Devils bottom 6 is not amazing but doesn't look that awful neither.

Devils still need Tallinder as well in my opinion, he's the defence-man that Pete Deboer trusts the most.
I know, but by stabilizing the third line, it gives some leeway for the second line.

Right now we have an open spot in our top six as well as our third line wing. By stabilizing one of them, the third line being the most likely, it allows us something to fall back on.

For example, if Clarkson is forced to play top six minutes, I'd rather fall back on Halischuk-Josefson-??? then ???-Josefson-???. I'd much rather keep the fourth liners on the fourth line.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:46 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Halischuk does not belong in a top 9

SMantzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Halischuk does not belong in a top 9
I'd disagree, 15g and 13a last season. He is certainly a third liner right now.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Zippy316

Okay, it's obvious that some feel that Tallinder would be pretty useful for the Predators but don't like Halischuk leaving, is there anyone else that they would be willing to give up?

Even if it's not NHL ready talent, hopefully maybe a guy on the fringe of making the team? Devils are really only interested in forwards right now, preferably close to cracking an NHL roster, if possible.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:08 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Halischuk shot close to 16% last year. That number is totally unsustainable

Old
11-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Halischuk shot close to 16% last year. That number is totally unsustainable
Because stats tell the entire story don't they? Halischuk's value comes in the high-energy game he plays, while also being able to chip in offensively.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:06 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Quote:
Because stats tell the entire story don't they? Halischuk's value comes in the high-energy game he plays, while also being able to chip in offensively.
So does Ryan Carter, but that doesn't make him worthy of the top 9. I'd rather go in with Butler/Tedenby-Josefson-Clarkson

Old
11-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
If we're going to trade Tallinder, I'd rather package him up with something to get a top 6 forward, not trade for Halischuk, who is a solid player, but nothing more than a good third liner.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Deal is likely fine value-wise, but I have a secret mancrush on Hustlechuk. He pulls out some big goals every now and then (e.g. OT2 goal against VAN in 2010-11 second round game 2) and generally plays well both ways.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote