HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Brunet: Perezhogin among the elite

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Ryder didnt start off on the fourth line last year........

Hes began playing with Saku in pre-season, and cotinued to play with Saku where he scored his first goal in the nhl against the Leafs in a 4-1, 4-0 or something like that win.

No, he's right. Ryder started off on the 4th line for the first game but he was impressive and CJ immediately put him on line 2 with Perreault and Audette for the 2nd game (the 4-0 win against the Leafs). Koivu was hurt to start that season.

Old
02-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Mooch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur
Never said this... I said that Perezhiogin is our 5th forward on top 2 lines... And the last spot would be filled by:

Dagenais
Hossa
Higgins
UFA like Kovalev

Higgins would be started on the 4th line with Bégin and Ward... If no UFA, the battle will be between Hossa and Dagenais...

So you think..........

No one is really right here, because honestly no one has any clue as too how Perezhogan will do in training camp or how he will do in his first nhl game. He may end on the first line, second, third, or possibly right back in the ahl. Perhaps we should place some wagers when the time comes!

Old
02-08-2005, 12:24 PM
AH

Had it not been for Chpper and Komi's injuries, this would have been another banner year for the farm system, despite a VERY slow start by a lot of key people.

- Perezhogin in Russia, not knowing how he would perform, is a member of the "A" Russian team for all the big International tournaments (likely including World Championships).
- Kostitsyn slow to adjust to AHL as 19 year old but since WJC has really turned it around.
- Higgins effort is finally being rewarded on score sheet.
- Locke having great rookie year in AHL.

Continued strong play from Plekanec, Danis, Heino-Lindberg, Halak, Yemelin, and O'Byrne.

If Komi comes back to play 20 or so games in Hamilton this year (very likely) and Chipper comes back strong next fall (up in the air), there would be no time lost this season.

Old
02-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Habs13

Plekanec.. don't forget him!

Well, I have goose bumps after reading that.. it seems all the things we Habs fans have been worried about have been cleared up and we have a gem on our hands with at least one more building in the AHL (Kostitsyn baby!) ..ahh man, add to me the list of people that can't wait!!

Also, did nobody else notice Bulis was named to the Czech team? Way to go Bulis!!

Old
02-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
No, he's right. Ryder started off on the 4th line for the first game but he was impressive and CJ immediately put him on line 2 with Perreault and Audette for the 2nd game (the 4-0 win against the Leafs). Koivu was hurt to start that season.
Really? I was so sure he started off on the first.....He did play on the first in pre season though right, with saku?

sorry, my bad.

Old
02-08-2005, 12:28 PM
AH

Quote:
Ryder didnt start off on the fourth line last year........

Hes began playing with Saku in pre-season, and cotinued to play with Saku where he scored his first goal in the nhl against the Leafs in a 4-1, 4-0 or something like that win.
Check the boxscores. He was on teh 4th line in the opener in Ottawa and also for the Toronto game. About 10 games into the season he was a healthy scratch. It's only after the benching did both Ribeiro and Ryder take off.

Old
02-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Le depisteur

Quote:
So you think..........

No one is really right here, because honestly no one has any clue as too how Perezhogan will do in training camp or how he will do in his first nhl game. He may end on the first line, second, third, or possibly right back in the ahl. Perhaps we should place some wagers when the time comes!
But, it would be very surprising that Perezhogin returns an other season in the AHL... No?

Old
02-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur
But, it would be very surprising that Perezhogin returns an other season in the AHL... No?
Agreed, it sure would. The kid seems more than ready from all reports, articles, etc we have seen.....

Old
02-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
Check the boxscores. He was on teh 4th line in the opener in Ottawa and also for the Toronto game. About 10 games into the season he was a healthy scratch. It's only after the benching did both Ribeiro and Ryder take off.
Yes, you were right, but he was moved up to the first line in the Toronto game as Mark mentioned. Also, wasent it just Ribs who was a healthy scratch?

Old
02-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Form and Substance

Maybe we should petition Perez's exclusion from Hf's top 50?

To me, he looks like top 30 material.

Old
02-08-2005, 12:42 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leachmeister2000

Or we could just not care about their top 50... much less of a waste of energy.

Old
02-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
If Komi comes back to play 20 or so games in Hamilton this year (very likely) and Chipper comes back strong next fall (up in the air), there would be no time lost this season.
Chipchura cannot play in the AHL next year because he under 20 and will be 19 at the start of the season. The NHL and CHL have a deal to ensure the CHL doesn't 'lose all it's talent.' But that's a topic for another thread. The bottom line is that Chipchura can only play with the Habs or go back to the WHL. It's unfortunate but nothing can be done about it. He would be useful in Hamilton though and playing a year of pro would do no harm.

Old
02-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Yes, you were right, but he was moved up to the first line in the Toronto game as Mark mentioned. Also, wasent it just Ribs who was a healthy scratch?
I think Ribeiro played 81 regular season games last year. The only game he was benched from was in the early part of the season for taking long shifts. I seem to remember this because no one overreacted about it. The Montreal media didn't make a big deal about it at all.

Last edited by Quiet Robert: 02-08-2005 at 12:55 PM.
Old
02-08-2005, 01:00 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert
Chipchura cannot play in the AHL next year because he under 20 and will be 19 at the start of the season. The NHL and CHL have a deal to ensure the CHL doesn't 'lose all it's talent.' But that's a topic for another thread. The bottom line is that Chipchura can only play with the Habs or go back to the WHL. It's unfortunate but nothing can be done about it. He would be useful in Hamilton though and playing a year of pro would do no harm.
Thats what I meant. IF Chipchura comes back strong in the WHL.

Old
02-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leachmeister2000

This list is simply not up to date... Same things for others prospects, but Perezhogin is a perfect exemple...

Old
02-08-2005, 01:01 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Nice to see he'll be getting some more exposure and experience in this type of tournament. One's thing for sure though, he sure is starting to make a name for himself out there in the RSL. And with Gainey saying there will be an open spot for Alex on the top 2 lines when there is NHL hockey, you can't help but look forward to an agreement to see him play with quality forwards such as Koivu, Ribeiro, Zednik and Ryder.

Old
02-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
Thats what I meant. IF Chipchura comes back strong in the WHL.
Oh sorry, I thought you meant if plays in the AHL. My bad. I think with the rehab time, he'll have a great year in WHL. He was averaging over 1PPG before the injury.

Old
02-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Also, wasent it just Ribs who was a healthy scratch?
They both were. Ryder was scratched for a Saturday night game vs the Sens in Ottawa (before the Habs went out to western canada in November, Habs won that game 3-2, totally stealing it from the Sens) and was put with Koivu and Zednik the next game and they had a nice run together as a line. Ryder was on fire the rest of the season basically.

Of course, we all remember l'affaire Ribeiro

Old
02-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Mooch

Quote:
They both were. Ryder was scratched for a Saturday night game vs the Sens in Ottawa (before the Habs went out to western canada in November, Habs won that game 3-2, totally stealing it from the Sens) and was put with Koivu and Zednik the next game and they had a nice run together as a line. Ryder was on fire the rest of the season basically.
Ok, still doesnt ring a bell, but ill take both your guys word for it. Its a 2-1 to one decision, and i only count as a half rather then one, so its more like a 2-.5 decisoin....ok never mind, im babeling again....Thanks Mark.

Quote:
Of course, we all remember l'affaire Ribeiro
You had to bring it up didnt you....... :lol

Old
02-08-2005, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipchura
Nice to see he'll be getting some more exposure and experience in this type of tournament. One's thing for sure though, he sure is starting to make a name for himself out there in the RSL. And with Gainey saying there will be an open spot for Alex on the top 2 lines when there is NHL hockey, you can't help but look forward to an agreement to see him play with quality forwards such as Koivu, Ribeiro, Zednik and Ryder.
Gainey said that?

Old
02-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Gainey said that?
Gainey did say he was hoping to get Perezhogan into the lineup, but i dont remember him saying specefically on the top-2.

Old
02-08-2005, 01:37 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Gainey said that?
My bad. It was Savard!

Old
02-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipchura
My bad. It was Savard!
I remember that quote. Wasn't it Higgins he was talking about? Or has he said it for both of them recently? Savard doesn't really have anything to do with making the lines anyways, I doubt Gainey does either, for that matter.

Old
02-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Gainey did say he was hoping to get Perezhogan into the lineup, but i dont remember him saying specefically on the top-2.
Why do you keep calling him Perezhogan?

P-E-R-E-Z-H-O-G-I-N

Old
02-08-2005, 01:55 PM
mvp76

I've heard this out of Gainey too in an interview.

Said he was trying to get permission for Hogan to play in the nhl if there was a season.Also said he would make the space for him here.

Closed Thread