HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brunet: Perezhogin among the elite

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2005, 01:56 PM
mvp76

vCash: 500
Hogan sounds like a good nickname

Old
02-08-2005, 02:01 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerofthegods
Also said he would make the space for him here.

I think that comment reflected more of a defiant reaction against his AHL suspension. Like everyone else, Gainey was extremely peeved at the the AHL President for that suspension.

Old
02-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz
Why do you keep calling him Perezhogan?

P-E-R-E-Z-H-O-G-I-N
I guess im a tad slow?

Old
02-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Hab at it

Quote:
Only if he starts playing in yellow briefs, rips his jersey apart and does leg drops on his opponents. :lol

Old
02-08-2005, 02:18 PM
ToNedOuT

Would that make us Hulkamaniacs?

Old
02-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Subban Fan

Quote:
I really like the Perezhiggins duo...

Old
02-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab at it
Only if he starts playing in yellow briefs, rips his jersey apart and does leg drops on his opponents. :lol
hahahaha.

Old
02-08-2005, 02:28 PM
TroyM

The smile on my face after reading his comments was ridiculous, that's awesome. The fact that he's doing so well with the language, the production, the invites to big tournaments. Man I am so excited for Hockey, those money grubbing ********

Old
02-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Maxpac

Sundstrom is totally not ment to be on this team!

Hossa-Koivu-Zednick (Hossa finally has his chance, setting space for Koivu and Zednick)
Perezhogin-Ribeiro-Ryder
Bulis-Bonk-Higgins( 3 2-way players with real offensive upside!)
Goon-Bégin-Ward

this should be our four lines!

Old
02-08-2005, 03:48 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great!

Hossa-Koivu-Zednick (Hossa finally has his chance, setting space for Koivu and Zednick)
Perezhogin-Ribeiro-Ryder
Goon-Bégin-Ward

Like I said before what waste of money he was...Higgins and Hossa can take his place.

Old
02-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great!

Perezhogin-Ribeiro-Ryder
Goon-Bégin-Ward

Someone's gonna have to teach Higgins how to play RW first, and someone should really go explain to Pleks why the best player on the farm didn't get the call up.

Old
02-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Guy Caballero

If Perez, Higgins, and Plekanec all earn spots if and when hockey returns (and I don't think 3 rookie call-ups is going to be a stretch in the "new-look" NHL...Boston will probably have about 8), Bulis will be the next casualty. He's got the most trade value among our expendable guys, and I think management has grown tired of his perennial lack of offence.

Old
02-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
If Perez, Higgins, and Plekanec all earn spots if and when hockey returns (and I don't think 3 rookie call-ups is going to be a stretch in the "new-look" NHL...Boston will probably have about 8), Bulis will be the next casualty. He's got the most trade value among our expendable guys, and I think management has grown tired of his perennial lack of offence.
And what would make you or anyone else think the management has grown tired of Bulis ?

Old
02-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
And what would make you or anyone else think the management has grown tired of Bulis ?
He's not talented enough to be a scorer, he's not tough enough to be a character player, and his defensive play, while good, is not good enough to justify keeping him on the roster for that reason alone.

Old
02-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Mooch

Quote:
I really dont know if Management has grown tired of Bulis lack of offense, because hes a two way player. If he doesnt score, he can be a third liner and play a good two-way game or play soley on the PK or of course fill in for a forward in the top 6 when injuries become an issue. Hes versatile player, who imo should be kept, unless of course the offer is just too good to refuse. A D-man would make a lot of sense for Bulis, but i dont think hed fetch us a top 4, which is what we really need. Plus, with the way Bulis is playing in europe as of right now (top 6 in scoring), im sure even if management had given up on him they would be willing to give him another shot based on those merits......

Old
02-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Hes versatile player, who imo should be kept, unless of course the offer is just too good to refuse. A D-man would make a lot of sense for Bulis, but i dont think hed fetch us a top 4, which is what we really need.
Maybe not on his own, but along with a minor prospect or a pick a tough number-4 d-man isn't out of the question for Bulis. We need guys like that (especially with Hainey looking like he's on the train to Bustville) more than we need a guy like Jan right now.

I like him too, but I think we should trade him to fill our holes, considering our large number of smallish forwards.

Old
02-08-2005, 04:17 PM
GtotheE

We should trade Bulis + Hainsey for a top4 guy.

Old
02-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtotheE
That's what I was thinking -- a trade along those lines. It might even be for a well-known veteran. Gainey isn't afraid to bust things up to get solid, dependable leaders into his line up. He's shown that in the past.

Old
02-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Habsolument

Quote:
Maybe not on his own, but along with a minor prospect or a pick a tough number-4 d-man isn't out of the question for Bulis. We need guys like that (especially with Hainey looking like he's on the train to Bustville) more than we need a guy like Jan right now.

I like him too, but I think we should trade him to fill our holes, considering our large number of smallish forwards.
I agree about Hainsey and our urgent need for a Dman but the way Bulis has been playing in Europe and the different roles he can play (pretty much what Mooch said), I don't see the Habs getting rid of him. Also at 6'1 210, is Jan that small?

Old
02-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
He's not talented enough to be a scorer, he's not tough enough to be a character player, and his defensive play, while good, is not good enough to justify keeping him on the roster for that reason alone.
Over the last two seasons :

Season Team GP G A TP PIM +/- PP SHG GW S Pct
2002-03 MONT, NHL 82 16 24 40 30 9 0 0 2 160 10.00
2003-04 MONT, NHL 72 13 17 30 30 -8 1 1 4 147 8.84

Which combines into

GP G A TP
154 29 41 70

He got the 5th best min/game average among our forwards in 02-03 and it actually increased to 4th last season.

I see nothing that suggests that "the management" has grown tired of his play. So that makes it your opinion. Sorry if I'm being a little bit anal about this but I just think it's an important distinction to make.

Personally I think Bulis is a great asset. A very useful player who can play anywhere from the 4th to the 1st line. Hopefully he never has to play on the 1st line again, but he's a nice insurance in case of injuries. I see him as a damn good 3rd liner. Plus he makes a reasonable salary. It's frustrating to see him miss all the chance he creates for himself because of his speed, but even then he's still an asset. Imagine Bulis in a career year where everything goes in...

Old
02-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtotheE
Hainsey has no value though. Everyone around the league knows about Hainsey developement up too now. We would probably have to use a 1st or second round pick, maybe more, to get a top 4 D-man..

Old
02-08-2005, 04:38 PM

Jan Bulis will be a late bloomer, heard it here first!

Old
02-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
I really dont know if Management has grown tired of Bulis lack of offense, because hes a two way player. If he doesnt score, he can be a third liner and play a good two-way game or play soley on the PK or of course fill in for a forward in the top 6 when injuries become an issue. Hes versatile player, who imo should be kept, unless of course the offer is just too good to refuse. A D-man would make a lot of sense for Bulis, but i dont think hed fetch us a top 4, which is what we really need. Plus, with the way Bulis is playing in europe as of right now (top 6 in scoring), im sure even if management had given up on him they would be willing to give him another shot based on those merits......
I really don't consider Bulis to be a 2-way forward. 2-way implies that they can play in both ends of the ice. Bulis just hasn't shown me that he can do that. He looks far more like a defensive winger to me than a 2-way winger. He's a lot like Sundstrom in that respect. They can both score lots in Europe too.

I'm not saying he hasn't got the potential to be a 2-way guy, but he just hasn't put up the numbers so far. Aside from the year he got all kinds of time on the top line with Koivu, he's never topped 30 points.

Old
02-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
I see nothing that suggests that "the management" has grown tired of his play. So that makes it your opinion. Sorry if I'm being a little bit anal about this but I just think it's an important distinction to make.
You're right. It is my opinion. I never said it wasn't. I'm just looking at the roster over the next couple of years. We've got 3 guys who the Habs HAVE to find spots for in the next few years, and we have gaping holes in the defence. And then you have Bulis, a low-cost player who is earning a decent reputation around the league as a two-way forward. Guys like that are commodities, and Bulis in particular tantilizes with his offensive potential. I think we as Hab fans realize by now that he'll never be an offensive force -- the guy's got hands of stone -- but someone out there might be willing to take a chance that he'll be able to fill that role for their club, especially since the ranks of dependable veteran players are going to thin out because of the strike. I like Bulis personally, but if we can get a defenceman for him, I'd be very happy to trade him.

Old
02-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
I really don't consider Bulis to be a 2-way forward. 2-way implies that they can play in both ends of the ice. Bulis just hasn't shown me that he can do that. He looks far more like a defensive winger to me than a 2-way winger. He's a lot like Sundstrom in that respect. They can both score lots in Europe too.

I'm not saying he hasn't got the potential to be a 2-way guy, but he just hasn't put up the numbers so far. Aside from the year he got all kinds of time on the top line with Koivu, he's never topped 30 points.

I guess its a matter of personal opinion, because he has shown me can play both ends of the ice.........I see him as a consistent 15+ goal guy, consistent 20+ assist guy while providing a great defensive instinct. He can also play the PK, and fill in on the top 6 quite nicely. Obvoiusly those numbers are +/- depending on the situation. Again, its matter of opinion.......and all should be well respected!

Closed Thread