Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2012, 11:36 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Old School

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
How ****ing spot on was Heyman's promo? That guy doesn't get enough credit for how damn good he is on the stick. His opening promo to introduce Punk was a thing of beauty.

Some quick hits:

- Ziggler, once again, doing a great job with his promo and mini-feud with Cena. That edgy promo in the locker room was great. I felt every bit of it.

- The tag division looks stacked. Too bad Rhodes is out for a while because a TLC match is needed w/ PTP, Cara/Mysterio, Hell No, & Rhodes Scholar. I'm also really sold on O'neil. Usually the big guy isn't good at talking, and he's funny as hell. His commentary was great. He's also decent in the ring and has a good look. I just pray they give the tag division a TLC match.

- Ambrose and Black in the end of Raw and SS... w/ a nice look from Punk into the ring. That is a clear stable in my opinion. I loved it.

- Announce table severely misses JBL. He needs to be out there on Raw.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:43 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Pretty much, microwave generation at it again.
If you were on the internet during the beloved Attitude Era, comments looked the same. People were complaining about The Rock being repetitive or Austin always coming out on top in the end. People were complaining about Triple H's exposure and were saying storylines sucked. Some people will never be happy... and I have to plead guilty, sometimes, I like to complain about the product aswell.

However, I found a new way to enjoy myself when watching Raw: I invite one of my hockey buddies over and we watch the show making jokes about it and we have a blast. We absolutely LOVED some parts of the show and we were talking about other stuff during the filler segments. We've been doing this for months and I haven't enjoy wrestling like that in a long time.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:45 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post

However, I found a new way to enjoy myself when watching Raw: I invite one of my hockey buddies over and we watch the show making jokes about it and we have a blast. We absolutely LOVED some parts of the show and we were talking about other stuff during the filler segments. We've been doing this for months and I haven't enjoy wrestling like that in a long time.
I usually watch PPVs with about 10 people... and I find it more amusing as some of the negative online stuff goes away and it's just a group of people enjoying the show. It is fun to come online after and see what is being said.

I DVRed the show tonight and made it through pretty quickly, but I thought it was a fairly good show. I'd like to see some more direction for TLC, but **** it. I liked it. First Raw in awhile I just sat back and enjoyed.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:46 PM
BrickAHL
No Scrubs

Quote:
If you were on the internet during the beloved Attitude Era, comments looked the same. People were complaining about The Rock being repetitive or Austin always coming out on top in the end. People were complaining about Triple H's exposure and were saying storylines sucked. Some people will never be happy... and I have to plead guilty, sometimes, I like to complain about the product aswell.

Agreed, the best way to watch wrestling is to watch it with your other wrestling fan friends.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:

I was on the internet at that time...

When I say microwave generation, I'm not referring to people complaining about things being repetitive, or who is getting exposure or whatever else you mentioned, I'm referring to the people who can't just sit and wait patiently for an angle to develop. elisas026 summarised it well enough, but some can't wait to let this story develop and must have the stable thrown together immediately the night after the PPV.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:52 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I usually watch PPVs with about 10 people... and I find it more amusing as some of the negative online stuff goes away and it's just a group of people enjoying the show. It is fun to come online after and see what is being said.

I DVRed the show tonight and made it through pretty quickly, but I thought it was a fairly good show. I'd like to see some more direction for TLC, but **** it. I liked it. First Raw in awhile I just sat back and enjoyed.
That's the best way to do it. Lay back and enjoy. Overnanalyzing leads to not enjoying as much as we could. Sure, some storylines are hot garbage, sure, the writing lacks direction, but damn, I'd be a lier if I said I didn't laughed out loud at least 5 times tonight.

They're trying to be edgier and it works. Sure, it is goofy at times, but wrestling IS goofy! Good intense rivalries are great, but stupid segments are a must, from time to time. If they use the talent they have and build proper feuds, we are heading towards a great period for wrestling. The pieces are there, they just have to continue to build on what they've been building for a few weeks. This Ambrose/Rollins/Punk stable is a step in the right direction.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:54 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
I was on the internet at that time...

When I say microwave generation, I'm not referring to people complaining about things being repetitive, or who is getting exposure or whatever else you mentioned, I'm referring to the people who can't just sit and wait patiently for an angle to develop. elisas026 summarised it well enough, but some can't wait to let this story develop and must have the stable thrown together immediately the night after the PPV.
Well, then, sorry, man! I agree with you for sure. I'm just fed up with the overly negative stuff.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:00 AM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

vCash: 233
Ha, go to google archives or whatever it is and read people's posts during the attitude era. It's hilarious.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:02 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Ha, go to google archives or whatever it is and read people's posts during the attitude era. It's hilarious.
Maybe you should start a thread with the best posts hahaha. I'd surely LOVE to read them.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:25 AM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Cant believe Cena is injured again.

EDIT: nevermind, didn't see the last segment...

Last edited by parabola: 11-20-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old
11-20-2012, 12:48 AM
MarleauApologist
#FireDougWilson

Am I the only one who liked the commentary from the Prime Time Players?

Old
11-20-2012, 12:57 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Well, then, sorry, man! I agree with you for sure. I'm just fed up with the overly negative stuff.
Me too that's why for the most part I don't post very much

Old
11-20-2012, 01:53 AM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Saw this on reddit... RAW Would have been INFINITELY better..

Old
11-20-2012, 02:26 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheamusFan View Post
I wasted three hours. three whole hours.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:23 AM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
It was an okay show for me. After watching it back, I take back what I said about there being no build up.

- You'll likely have a program between Kofi and Barrett. I.C. Title match, perhaps?

- Truth and Cesaro going at it for the U.S. Title.

-Tag team division is strong as ever. Book a triple threat ladder match with PTP, SinMysterio, and Team Hell No for the tag titles. Maybe even add another team like Primo and Epico or The Usos.

- The whole Cena and Ziggler build up has a solid backbone to it. Their backstage stuff was dynamite. Ziggler could pick up the win over an "injured" Cena, to give him more credibility before he cashes in.

- AJ and Tamina. Anybody else excited about a possible program between these two. For once... you get actual story-telling in a divas match. The quick, technical AJ against the strong, powerhouse Tamina. If they could get 10-12 minutes of actual wrestling time, I doubt they'd disappoint. Although, they might just throw the two of them into the Cena/Ziggler program and work an inter-gender tag match.

- Orton and Del Rio. I know people don't like these two but they put on a great 2 out of 3 falls match last night. Give them a tables match or a street fight. Something to bring out their aggression towards each other.

That's 6 pretty strong programs going on right now. Miz can be a 7th or thrown into the U.S. or I.C. match to balance it out a bit. I'm a bit worried about the idea of WWE not knowing what to do with him now that he's face.

And... of course we got Punk and Ryback. Not sure where they'll go with this or what's next on the menu, but I like the insertion of Reigns, Ambrose and Rollins into the mix. Now viewers are left to wonder what's going to happen next, if these four are working together under Heyman's master plan... who knows? One thing though, guys... let it work itself out. They weren't going to just announce a stable the next night. I'm just glad Ryback didn't overcome the odds and take out the three of them while Punk fled in fear. They actually booked the bad guys as dominating and really worked the numbers game to a perfection. The fact that Punk didn't have to do anything and stood over Ryback when the beatdown ended was the best route to go. The look he shot to the ring as the cameras faded out left us all wanting more.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

I can't believe I just saw the Attitude DVD set commercial last night...

I have waited so long.. I hope it does not dissapoint.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:59 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
It was an okay show for me. After watching it back, I take back what I said about there being no build up.

- You'll likely have a program between Kofi and Barrett. I.C. Title match, perhaps?

- Truth and Cesaro going at it for the U.S. Title.

-Tag team division is strong as ever. Book a triple threat ladder match with PTP, SinMysterio, and Team Hell No for the tag titles. Maybe even add another team like Primo and Epico or The Usos.

- The whole Cena and Ziggler build up has a solid backbone to it. Their backstage stuff was dynamite. Ziggler could pick up the win over an "injured" Cena, to give him more credibility before he cashes in.

- AJ and Tamina. Anybody else excited about a possible program between these two. For once... you get actual story-telling in a divas match. The quick, technical AJ against the strong, powerhouse Tamina. If they could get 10-12 minutes of actual wrestling time, I doubt they'd disappoint. Although, they might just throw the two of them into the Cena/Ziggler program and work an inter-gender tag match.

- Orton and Del Rio. I know people don't like these two but they put on a great 2 out of 3 falls match last night. Give them a tables match or a street fight. Something to bring out their aggression towards each other.

That's 6 pretty strong programs going on right now. Miz can be a 7th or thrown into the U.S. or I.C. match to balance it out a bit. I'm a bit worried about the idea of WWE not knowing what to do with him now that he's face.

And... of course we got Punk and Ryback. Not sure where they'll go with this or what's next on the menu, but I like the insertion of Reigns, Ambrose and Rollins into the mix. Now viewers are left to wonder what's going to happen next, if these four are working together under Heyman's master plan... who knows? One thing though, guys... let it work itself out. They weren't going to just announce a stable the next night. I'm just glad Ryback didn't overcome the odds and take out the three of them while Punk fled in fear. They actually booked the bad guys as dominating and really worked the numbers game to a perfection. The fact that Punk didn't have to do anything and stood over Ryback when the beatdown ended was the best route to go. The look he shot to the ring as the cameras faded out left us all wanting more.

This, this and this.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:06 AM
elias026

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

exaclty, thats why i really enjoyed the ending last night. When was the last Raw Punk was standing tall?

Old
11-20-2012, 10:34 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Old School

Great review, CS. Can't argue too much there.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

I didn't see the show last night but DVR'd it. From the reviews posted, it seems like they're going in a good direction. Looking forward to seeing it.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:48 AM
RockLobster
Jon Snow, Uneducated

vCash: 844
so, Wrestlenewz.com originally ran with a report that Cena was legit injured, then ran a blurb that it may all be a work, and now they're saying that there's conflicting reports about the legitimacy of it all...

Old
11-20-2012, 10:55 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
so, Wrestlenewz.com originally ran with a report that Cena was legit injured, then ran a blurb that it may all be a work, and now they're saying that there's conflicting reports about the legitimacy of it all...
pretty sure it's a work. the way the cameras were there in the back with Cena while he was getting looked at....if it was legit, that doesnt happen

Old
11-20-2012, 11:13 AM
RockLobster
Jon Snow, Uneducated

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
pretty sure it's a work. the way the cameras were there in the back with Cena while he was getting looked at....if it was legit, that doesnt happen
That's what I'm thinking, but their report is citing PWI and F4W as the two conflicting reports

Old
11-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

Just finished last night's RAW...
I liked it. Titus O'Neil is hilarious. I used to hate Ziggler but now without a tag-along, he's shining and has become a much more likable character. I loved the locker room scene and stall collapse bit.
Also liked what they did with Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns at the end with the exact same beatdown on Ryback. It's definitely improving IMHO.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:18 PM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman View Post
Just finished last night's RAW...
I liked it. Titus O'Neil is hilarious. I used to hate Ziggler but now without a tag-along, he's shining and has become a much more likable character. I loved the locker room scene and stall collapse bit.
Also liked what they did with Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns at the end with the exact same beatdown on Ryback. It's definitely improving IMHO.
I really, really hope it doesnt end up with Ryback beating all 3 of them. Ryback isn't ready for the main event (and probably never will be) and I hope this angle is done to remove him from the main event but not destroy his character completely

Closed Thread