Notices

Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Monday Night Raw thread #34

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2012, 03:55 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 167
I loved how it was Reigns and Rollins that got ragdolled by Ryback and Ambrose was the one who caught him. The little things.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
I really, really hope it doesnt end up with Ryback beating all 3 of them. Ryback isn't ready for the main event (and probably never will be) and I hope this angle is done to remove him from the main event but not destroy his character completely
Vince certainly loves his ass-kicking, bodybuilding juggernauts
He's not Daniel Bryan level but despite his limitations, he's still entertaining. Does he belong in main events? No but thats where VMac wants him.

Ive seen Ambrose and Rollins work via YouTube and they're exciting to watch. That said, they were thrust right into a main event storyline with Reigns and the Ryback. I thought it worked out well. He was unable to stop them from getting wood on him two consecutive nights. He no longer looks invincible. These three destroyed him two nights in a row. I do think that this will take on a life of it's own while the Rock comes back into the picture. I'm just glad we might not have to see Cena / Punk as much anymore. I'd rather see Ziggler / Cena.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Turrican*

I'd rather see Ziggler/anyone

Old
11-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Shoalzie

It'll be a great vehicle for Ambrose and the others to be attached to Punk and Heyman to make them relavent immediately rather than them just being another typical rebel faction like Nexus or an Ace & Eights. I'd imagine their arc will include a revenge match with Ryback...maybe as soon as next week's show. I probably devolves into an another ambush and then Punk and Heyman finally reveal that this is an actual stable.

Old
11-20-2012, 07:59 PM
The Shockmaster
SHOCK THE WORLD

vCash: 1251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
I'd rather see Ziggler/anyone
Ziggler/Khali
Ziggler/Hornswoggle
Ziggler/Clay
Ziggler/Santino

Old
11-20-2012, 08:07 PM
M.C.G. 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheamusFan View Post
Ziggler/Khali
Ziggler/Hornswoggle
Ziggler/Clay
Ziggler/Santino
Dolph Ziggler actually made Khali look somewhat watchable in 2009 when Ziggler wasn't even a year in the company (as Dolph Ziggler). That's saying something.

11-20-2012, 08:58 PM
canucksfan

Pretty excited for next weks RAW.

Also Ryback is not over. The only thing that is over is his "Feed me more" chants which might be piped in. Got zero response at the PPV too.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:33 PM
M.C.G. 31

Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns made a run in on WWE Main Event and attacked Tyson Kidd and Santino Marella.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:44 PM
The Shockmaster
SHOCK THE WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns made a run in on WWE Main Event and attacked Tyson Kidd and Santino Marella.
Interesting...

Old
11-20-2012, 10:42 PM
M.C.G. 31

Posted in wrong Raw thread previously.

This Monday, Michael Cole will interview Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:43 PM
The Shockmaster
SHOCK THE WORLD

Old
11-20-2012, 10:44 PM
RJ8812*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman View Post
Vince certainly loves his ass-kicking, bodybuilding juggernauts
He's not Daniel Bryan level but despite his limitations, he's still entertaining. Does he belong in main events? No but thats where VMac wants him.

Ive seen Ambrose and Rollins work via YouTube and they're exciting to watch. That said, they were thrust right into a main event storyline with Reigns and the Ryback. I thought it worked out well. He was unable to stop them from getting wood on him two consecutive nights. He no longer looks invincible. These three destroyed him two nights in a row. I do think that this will take on a life of it's own while the Rock comes back into the picture. I'm just glad we might not have to see Cena / Punk as much anymore. I'd rather see Ziggler / Cena.
I don't find anything entertaining about Ryback

Old
11-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

Quote:
I don't find anything entertaining about Ryback
He's not everyone's cup of tea. I don't mind him. Pro wrestling needs different kinds of characters.
Sure, he's not great with the mic in his hand and has a limited move set but if every guy was an average looking ring technician we'd be bored out of our minds. That's why there are no weight classes. You can have the little high flyer vs. the super jacked brawler. I used to absolutely love UFC when it first began; no weight classes made it much more intriguing. Will the giant sumo wrestler destroy the skinny kick boxer?

I guess one might say if he absolutely sucks in one or two categories, the only place to go is up. I do think in time, his mic skills will get better; the company has to know he needs improvement and are working on it with him.

Old
11-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 1200
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
I don't see a single redeeming quality in Ryback as a professional wrestler.

Of course there's room for the "monster" types who aren't fantastic ring architects, but Ryback isn't even particularly big. Sure he'd no doubt manhandle all of us who post on here but he's not that impressive physically. At the PPV they were talking up how Cena had met his match in terms of strength or something along those lines which is a load of ****, Ryback can't even do his lame ass finisher reliably, Cena for all of the crap he takes has done some freakish things strength wise in WWE. Cena is much more of a "monster" than Ryback is. I have time to be impressed with those insane displays of strength from the big guys who are around, but Ryback doesn't do that either. Show, Henry, Taker, Kane, Cena, Brock, Zeke these guys are all much more monstrous, the fact that he struggles to string words together doesn't change that.

Last edited by Morozov: 11-21-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old
11-21-2012, 01:48 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!

vCash: 50
When Ryback jacks his arm back and forth and yells "feed me more", it makes me long for Mr America, or Katie Vick. It's one of the least enjoyable things the WWE has ever done. I was actually happy when Vickie Guerrero interrupted him this week.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:07 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Based

I thought about watching Raw but i really have no interest in Cena and AJ's bullcrap, and Rybacks act is getting old as well, oh well won't be long til Rock is back then i'll be interested again

I guess my biggest problem is WWE gives me no reason to emotionally invest in characters, there's no buildup to 90% of their stuff, they just throw matches together...like why would anyone care about Orton or ADR for instance? they tried to make ADR a main eventer, it flopped, they put him with Orton but both of them do the same crap every night and it just gets boring!

Old
11-21-2012, 03:27 AM

Another bad rating this week.

Old
11-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

Things I'd change about Ryback:

His entrance - I hate how he stands on the stage and swings his arms up and down before his pyro hits.

The whole "feed me more" bit - His whole persona is based on how much food he can eat. It's hard to listen to him talk about how "hungry" he is and incorporate his appetite into the few speaking parts he has.

His finisher - just doesn't seem very devastating unless he's got someone very heavy on his back. He's had trouble in the past with it; I'm afraid he's going to botch whenever he's picking up someone heavy.

I suppose he isn't the biggest guy out there but he's got a good physique; he's just not as strong as he looks. Lifting a person is a lot different than lifting free weights. I wouldn't be incredibly surprised to find out Sheamus is as strong as Ryback. Getting Show on his shoulders into the electric chair and holding him there was pretty impressive.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:15 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Things I'd change about Ryback:

His entrance - I hate how he stands on the stage and swings his arms up and down before his pyro hits.

The whole "feed me more" bit - His whole persona is based on how much food he can eat. It's hard to listen to him talk about how "hungry" he is and incorporate his appetite into the few speaking parts he has.

His finisher - just doesn't seem very devastating unless he's got someone very heavy on his back. He's had trouble in the past with it; I'm afraid he's going to botch whenever he's picking up someone heavy.

I suppose he isn't the biggest guy out there but he's got a good physique; he's just not as strong as he looks. Lifting a person is a lot different than lifting free weights. I wouldn't be incredibly surprised to find out Sheamus is as strong as Ryback. Getting Show on his shoulders into the electric chair and holding him there was pretty impressive.
Sheamus had the turnbuckle to help him get Show up, but then he took a few steps backward towards the center of the ring. THAT is damn impressive.

I'm sure Ryback has incredible strength, but the way he lifts guys for his finisher is awkward for both him and the guy selling it. If it's a normal samoan then the seller can jump with both legs. The way Ryback hooks a leg makes it more like a dead lift, which even on smaller guys isn't a sure thing. Yes, the sellers can still push off with the one leg, but when Ryback hooks a leg it forces the seller to stand up and not get as much leverage with their free leg to jump. It's just a horrible finisher altogether. I just haven't seen anything from Ryback at all to justify him ever having a main event match, on any show. He's said all of 3 sentences since being repackaged, and I can count his move set on 1 hand.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:26 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
I don't see a single redeeming quality in Ryback as a professional wrestler.

Of course there's room for the "monster" types who aren't fantastic ring architects, but Ryback isn't even particularly big. Sure he'd no doubt manhandle all of us who post on here but he's not that impressive physically. At the PPV they were talking up how Cena had met his match in terms of strength or something along those lines which is a load of ****, Ryback can't even do his lame ass finisher reliably, Cena for all of the crap he takes has done some freakish things strength wise in WWE. Cena is much more of a "monster" than Ryback is. I have time to be impressed with those insane displays of strength from the big guys who are around, but Ryback doesn't do that either. Show, Henry, Taker, Kane, Cena, Brock, Zeke these guys are all much more monstrous, the fact that he struggles to string words together doesn't change that.
Yeah.. he has that Batista look but can't even wrestle as well as him. That's bad. Big guys like that who can go in the ring really get over, but you nailed it with the guys you mentioned. They are all better wrestlers AND bigger than Ryback.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:34 AM

Vince has gone nuts.

Quote:
- Multiple sources mention these days that Vince McMahon is going back and forth on creative decisions more than ever.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/...#ixzz2CrrkhknL

Old
11-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Big Poppa Puck
U JUST MADE THE LIST

Quote:
Just because he picks the guy up like a fisherman suplex does WWE think we won't notice it's just a Samoan Drop?

Might as well just make him do it the normal way since he's botched the lift so many times.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:39 AM
RJ8812*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Another bad rating this week.
where's the guy that said RAW would pull in a 5 because of Ambrose and co.?

Old
11-21-2012, 09:56 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
where's the guy that said RAW would pull in a 5 because of Ambrose and co.?
That was sarcasm...

Old
11-21-2012, 10:12 AM
RockLobster
Ron hates lying...

vCash: 844
I'd like to hear people's thoughts on this

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling...on-plans-more/

Quote:
PWInsider reports that there has been a major disconnect within the relationship between Punk and WWE over the past few weeks. It was originally reported that John Cena was the one who spoke out at Vince McMahon backstage and told him the product needed major changes because it was in bad shape. PWInsider reports that other people are saying it was Punk who spoke out.

There’s a feeling that WWE is doing Punk wrong because he has held the WWE Title for over a year now and is still not featured on the promotional material for WrestleMania 29. There’s also some concern about how Punk will react if The Rock does actually take the WWE Title from him at Royal Rumble. Some feel that if Punk isn’t treated right during WrestleMania season, then there will be “hell to pay.”

Closed Thread