HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Monday Night Raw thread #34

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-21-2012, 09:52 AM
  #651
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich
 
tp71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,115
vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I thought about watching Raw but i really have no interest in Cena and AJ's bullcrap, and Rybacks act is getting old as well, oh well won't be long til Rock is back then i'll be interested again

I guess my biggest problem is WWE gives me no reason to emotionally invest in characters, there's no buildup to 90% of their stuff, they just throw matches together...like why would anyone care about Orton or ADR for instance? they tried to make ADR a main eventer, it flopped, they put him with Orton but both of them do the same crap every night and it just gets boring!
See they try, but instead of letting the character get over on their own, they give Michael Cole these stupid tidbits to tell you about a wrestler. For instance Justin Gabriel. Everytime he wrestles, Cole brings up how he's an avid skydiver. You know what? I don't care that he's an avid skydiver.

I want to know why he is in the WWE, why is he a wrestler? What motivates him? You know what made a tag team like the APA so much fun? They had their motivation. Money. You knew that. I remember watching the 15 minute hardcore and the reason that Bradshaw and Farooq were in the match was a wrestler had paid them to help him win. That's it. They're there to create havoc and make some money. I find that inherently more interesting and compelling to the story of the match and what is going on than Gabriel is a fan of jumping out of planes. Why the hell would him being a skydiver get me invested in him? And they do that for so many more midcarders. Give them the mic, let them do promos, or if you want, have them give a pre-recorded promo while they're walking to the ring before a match. Let them tell us who they are.

tp71 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 10:23 AM
  #652
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500

Turrican* is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 11:05 AM
  #653
M.C.G. 31
Demon
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 47,748
vCash: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
where's the guy that said RAW would pull in a 5 because of Ambrose and co.?
You need to work on your sarcasm detector.

__________________

"It's going to be great. I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them." - PK Subban
He has physical charisma. When he talks he sounds like a gps device in a car. "In 500 feet, belie dat!" - NewAgeOutlaw
M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 11:07 AM
  #654
M.C.G. 31
Demon
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 47,748
vCash: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I'd like to hear people's thoughts on this

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling...on-plans-more/
Wouldn't be surprised. They always treated him like ****.

M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 11:16 AM
  #655
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 15,108
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Wouldn't be surprised. They always treated him like ****.
It does rub me the wrong way, as a fan, that The Rock, who I do find highly entertaining and have no ill will against him at all, might be expected to just come into the WWE for RR and win the WWE Title and then most likely defend it at WM in a "Rock/Cena II: This One's Personal"

So I think that Punk could have a legitimate gripe. He, as well as nearly everyone in the locker room, busts their ***** for 365 days a year to do what they love. But on the other hand, The Rock did that as well, for many years, and has found success outside of the WWE, can't fault him for that.

I think it's more telling about Punk's tweets about having to "go over people's heads to get appearances outside the company". If those tweets were a legitimate statement on how he feels, then that's a real interesting take.

RockLobster is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 12:55 PM
  #656
KEEROLE Vatanen
Ready 4 Ploffs
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 23,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
See they try, but instead of letting the character get over on their own, they give Michael Cole these stupid tidbits to tell you about a wrestler. For instance Justin Gabriel. Everytime he wrestles, Cole brings up how he's an avid skydiver. You know what? I don't care that he's an avid skydiver.

I want to know why he is in the WWE, why is he a wrestler? What motivates him? You know what made a tag team like the APA so much fun? They had their motivation. Money. You knew that. I remember watching the 15 minute hardcore and the reason that Bradshaw and Farooq were in the match was a wrestler had paid them to help him win. That's it. They're there to create havoc and make some money. I find that inherently more interesting and compelling to the story of the match and what is going on than Gabriel is a fan of jumping out of planes. Why the hell would him being a skydiver get me invested in him? And they do that for so many more midcarders. Give them the mic, let them do promos, or if you want, have them give a pre-recorded promo while they're walking to the ring before a match. Let them tell us who they are.
APA was tight because you could tell their on air personalities were pretty much who they were....these days it feels like everyone is generic save for a few. besides Lesnar, whos' a legit badass in WWE now?

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 01:20 PM
  #657
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
JBL needs to come out of retirement.

Turrican* is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 01:24 PM
  #658
KesselBuiltMyHotrod
Registered User
 
KesselBuiltMyHotrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,988
vCash: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
APA was tight because you could tell their on air personalities were pretty much who they were....these days it feels like everyone is generic save for a few. besides Lesnar, whos' a legit badass in WWE now?
Antonio Cesaro.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 01:27 PM
  #659
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Ya Claudio should just run-in Swiss Deaths from now on.

Turrican* is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 01:45 PM
  #660
M.C.G. 31
Demon
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 47,748
vCash: 233



M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 02:00 PM
  #661
Crimson Skorpion
Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 30,393
vCash: 50
Awards:
Come in, destroy, leave.

Loving every minute of this. Also loving how Ambrose goes bat **** crazy on the guy he's beating on. Arms flailing, punches thrown everywhere. This is gold.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 02:03 PM
  #662
M.C.G. 31
Demon
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 47,748
vCash: 233
Yeah, until he's spoken on the mic, I can't judge, but it seems a lot of his mannerisms which made him the talk of FCW are still there with him in WWE, which is perfect.

M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 02:05 PM
  #663
Crimson Skorpion
Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 30,393
vCash: 50
Awards:
Go to the 48 second mark. The look in his eyes and quick change of expression. That, and the way he beats down opponents... gotta think his FCW persona is still attached. Can't wait to here him talk.

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 02:09 PM
  #664
M.C.G. 31
Demon
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 47,748
vCash: 233
Dean Ambrose is going to be the next top heel in the company, and if WWE doesn't **** up a push and gives him mic time, he'll be the top heel by summer of 2013. Ambrose is that damn good.

M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 02:13 PM
  #665
M.C.G. 31
Demon
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 47,748
vCash: 233


pic from wwe.com. Man in the middle. The little things.

M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 02:18 PM
  #666
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat
 
parabola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ಠ_ಠ
Posts: 43,997
vCash: 500
Ambrose is seriously one of the creepiest looking dudes.

parabola is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 03:32 PM
  #667
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
I cannot call him anything else but MOXLEY

Turrican* is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 03:53 PM
  #668
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 23,660
vCash: 835
If this is going to be a legitimate heel faction, the first promo they cut is huge. Nexus was completely derailed after they cut their first promo. Not that I don't trust Ambrose to kill it on the mic. But so can Barrett, and it didn't end up mattering for Nexus.

What I'm trying to say is that if this stable is going to have any staying power, Creative needs to give them an interesting direction to go in. I pray to God they don't **** this up by giving them some stupid storyline or gimmick.

AfroThunder396 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 04:12 PM
  #669
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou
 
Axman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
I love that video.
you're right, the facial expression from Ambrose at :51 to :53 is priceless. Reminds me of a Robert
De Niro beatdown in Goodfellas.

Axman is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 04:24 PM
  #670
Morozov
The Devil Killer
 
Morozov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,811
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
At least now we will get some variation from CPrice talking about Ziggler 24/7 and how Ziggler needs this and Ziggler should be this and every potential angle brought up on here should involve Ziggler somehow, now we will get it for Ambrose instead

Roman Reigns is a cool name and he has a good look, unfortunately for those who remember, it's far too similar to Reno Raines. Whenever I read Roman Reigns I immediately start thinking "He was a cop and good at his job but he committed the ultimate sin and testified against other cops gone bad..."



Last edited by Morozov: 11-21-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Morozov is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 04:31 PM
  #671
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 23,660
vCash: 835
Remember Luther Reigns? Kurt Angle's enforcer? Man, that guy was ugly as hell.

AfroThunder396 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 05:01 PM
  #672
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 16,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
At least now we will get some variation from CPrice talking about Ziggler 24/7 and how Ziggler needs this and Ziggler should be this and every potential angle brought up on here should involve Ziggler somehow, now we will get it for Ambrose instead

Roman Reigns is a cool name and he has a good look, unfortunately for those who remember, it's far too similar to Reno Raines. Whenever I read Roman Reigns I immediately start thinking "He was a cop and good at his job but he committed the ultimate sin and testified against other cops gone bad..."

ha! i've read his name that way at least 4 times already

Fro is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 06:55 PM
  #673
M.C.G. 31
Demon
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 47,748
vCash: 233
http://www.reverbnation.com/damnitto...ource=facebook

Scroll down and click "I'm Telling You." This is the supposed theme for Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns.

M.C.G. 31 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 07:04 PM
  #674
The Shockmaster
Balee Dat?
 
The Shockmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
http://www.reverbnation.com/damnitto...ource=facebook

Scroll down and click "I'm Telling You." This is the supposed theme for Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns.
I like it! Quite sinister.

The Shockmaster is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 07:44 PM
  #675
KesselBuiltMyHotrod
Registered User
 
KesselBuiltMyHotrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,988
vCash: 622

KesselBuiltMyHotrod is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.