Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2012, 09:52 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I thought about watching Raw but i really have no interest in Cena and AJ's bullcrap, and Rybacks act is getting old as well, oh well won't be long til Rock is back then i'll be interested again

I guess my biggest problem is WWE gives me no reason to emotionally invest in characters, there's no buildup to 90% of their stuff, they just throw matches together...like why would anyone care about Orton or ADR for instance? they tried to make ADR a main eventer, it flopped, they put him with Orton but both of them do the same crap every night and it just gets boring!
See they try, but instead of letting the character get over on their own, they give Michael Cole these stupid tidbits to tell you about a wrestler. For instance Justin Gabriel. Everytime he wrestles, Cole brings up how he's an avid skydiver. You know what? I don't care that he's an avid skydiver.

I want to know why he is in the WWE, why is he a wrestler? What motivates him? You know what made a tag team like the APA so much fun? They had their motivation. Money. You knew that. I remember watching the 15 minute hardcore and the reason that Bradshaw and Farooq were in the match was a wrestler had paid them to help him win. That's it. They're there to create havoc and make some money. I find that inherently more interesting and compelling to the story of the match and what is going on than Gabriel is a fan of jumping out of planes. Why the hell would him being a skydiver get me invested in him? And they do that for so many more midcarders. Give them the mic, let them do promos, or if you want, have them give a pre-recorded promo while they're walking to the ring before a match. Let them tell us who they are.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

vCash: 500

Old
11-21-2012, 11:05 AM
M.C.G. 31
Demon

vCash: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
where's the guy that said RAW would pull in a 5 because of Ambrose and co.?
You need to work on your sarcasm detector.

"It's going to be great. I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them." - PK Subban
He has physical charisma. When he talks he sounds like a gps device in a car. "In 500 feet, belie dat!" - NewAgeOutlaw
Old
11-21-2012, 11:07 AM
M.C.G. 31
Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I'd like to hear people's thoughts on this

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling...on-plans-more/
Wouldn't be surprised. They always treated him like ****.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:16 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Wouldn't be surprised. They always treated him like ****.
It does rub me the wrong way, as a fan, that The Rock, who I do find highly entertaining and have no ill will against him at all, might be expected to just come into the WWE for RR and win the WWE Title and then most likely defend it at WM in a "Rock/Cena II: This One's Personal"

So I think that Punk could have a legitimate gripe. He, as well as nearly everyone in the locker room, busts their ***** for 365 days a year to do what they love. But on the other hand, The Rock did that as well, for many years, and has found success outside of the WWE, can't fault him for that.

I think it's more telling about Punk's tweets about having to "go over people's heads to get appearances outside the company". If those tweets were a legitimate statement on how he feels, then that's a real interesting take.

Old
11-21-2012, 12:55 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Ready 4 Ploffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
See they try, but instead of letting the character get over on their own, they give Michael Cole these stupid tidbits to tell you about a wrestler. For instance Justin Gabriel. Everytime he wrestles, Cole brings up how he's an avid skydiver. You know what? I don't care that he's an avid skydiver.

I want to know why he is in the WWE, why is he a wrestler? What motivates him? You know what made a tag team like the APA so much fun? They had their motivation. Money. You knew that. I remember watching the 15 minute hardcore and the reason that Bradshaw and Farooq were in the match was a wrestler had paid them to help him win. That's it. They're there to create havoc and make some money. I find that inherently more interesting and compelling to the story of the match and what is going on than Gabriel is a fan of jumping out of planes. Why the hell would him being a skydiver get me invested in him? And they do that for so many more midcarders. Give them the mic, let them do promos, or if you want, have them give a pre-recorded promo while they're walking to the ring before a match. Let them tell us who they are.
APA was tight because you could tell their on air personalities were pretty much who they were....these days it feels like everyone is generic save for a few. besides Lesnar, whos' a legit badass in WWE now?

Old
11-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

JBL needs to come out of retirement.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:24 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

vCash: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
APA was tight because you could tell their on air personalities were pretty much who they were....these days it feels like everyone is generic save for a few. besides Lesnar, whos' a legit badass in WWE now?
Antonio Cesaro.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Ya Claudio should just run-in Swiss Deaths from now on.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:45 PM
M.C.G. 31
Demon

Old
11-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Come in, destroy, leave.

Loving every minute of this. Also loving how Ambrose goes bat **** crazy on the guy he's beating on. Arms flailing, punches thrown everywhere. This is gold.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
11-21-2012, 02:03 PM
M.C.G. 31
Demon

Yeah, until he's spoken on the mic, I can't judge, but it seems a lot of his mannerisms which made him the talk of FCW are still there with him in WWE, which is perfect.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Go to the 48 second mark. The look in his eyes and quick change of expression. That, and the way he beats down opponents... gotta think his FCW persona is still attached. Can't wait to here him talk.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:09 PM
M.C.G. 31
Demon

Dean Ambrose is going to be the next top heel in the company, and if WWE doesn't **** up a push and gives him mic time, he'll be the top heel by summer of 2013. Ambrose is that damn good.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:13 PM
M.C.G. 31
Demon

pic from wwe.com. Man in the middle. The little things.

Old
11-21-2012, 02:18 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Ambrose is seriously one of the creepiest looking dudes.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

I cannot call him anything else but MOXLEY

Old
11-21-2012, 03:53 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
If this is going to be a legitimate heel faction, the first promo they cut is huge. Nexus was completely derailed after they cut their first promo. Not that I don't trust Ambrose to kill it on the mic. But so can Barrett, and it didn't end up mattering for Nexus.

What I'm trying to say is that if this stable is going to have any staying power, Creative needs to give them an interesting direction to go in. I pray to God they don't **** this up by giving them some stupid storyline or gimmick.

Old
11-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

I love that video.
you're right, the facial expression from Ambrose at :51 to :53 is priceless. Reminds me of a Robert
De Niro beatdown in Goodfellas.

Old
11-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
At least now we will get some variation from CPrice talking about Ziggler 24/7 and how Ziggler needs this and Ziggler should be this and every potential angle brought up on here should involve Ziggler somehow, now we will get it for Ambrose instead

Roman Reigns is a cool name and he has a good look, unfortunately for those who remember, it's far too similar to Reno Raines. Whenever I read Roman Reigns I immediately start thinking "He was a cop and good at his job but he committed the ultimate sin and testified against other cops gone bad..."

Last edited by Morozov: 11-21-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old
11-21-2012, 04:31 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
Remember Luther Reigns? Kurt Angle's enforcer? Man, that guy was ugly as hell.

Old
11-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
At least now we will get some variation from CPrice talking about Ziggler 24/7 and how Ziggler needs this and Ziggler should be this and every potential angle brought up on here should involve Ziggler somehow, now we will get it for Ambrose instead

Roman Reigns is a cool name and he has a good look, unfortunately for those who remember, it's far too similar to Reno Raines. Whenever I read Roman Reigns I immediately start thinking "He was a cop and good at his job but he committed the ultimate sin and testified against other cops gone bad..."

ha! i've read his name that way at least 4 times already

Old
11-21-2012, 06:55 PM
M.C.G. 31
Demon

http://www.reverbnation.com/damnitto...ource=facebook

Scroll down and click "I'm Telling You." This is the supposed theme for Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns.

Old
11-21-2012, 07:04 PM
The Shockmaster
Balee Dat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
http://www.reverbnation.com/damnitto...ource=facebook

Scroll down and click "I'm Telling You." This is the supposed theme for Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns.
I like it! Quite sinister.

Old
11-21-2012, 07:44 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

vCash: 622

Closed Thread