Monday Night Raw thread #34

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2012, 02:19 PM
duckchobbins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
The Rock is going to star in the Hercules movie. He's going to be JACKED at the Rumble and WrestleMania.
He was jacked at WM28, and from the couple of pics he posted on Twitter in the last few months, he's about twice the size of that already Something tells me his wellness testing gets swept under the rug...

Old
11-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Big Poppa Puck
SAWFT!

Quote:
The Rock is going to star in the Hercules movie. He's going to be JACKED at the Rumble and WrestleMania.
He's definitely on steroids. Did you see that Halloween pick of him as the Hulk?

Old
11-14-2012, 02:29 PM
M.C.G. 31
SHUT UP, TOM!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
He was jacked at WM28, and from the couple of pics he posted on Twitter in the last few months, he's about twice the size of that already Something tells me his wellness testing gets swept under the rug...
I doubt The Rock even gets tested.

11-14-2012, 02:30 PM
M.C.G. 31
SHUT UP, TOM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
He's definitely on steroids. Did you see that Halloween pick of him as the Hulk?
Yeah, jacked as **** and he's just going to get bigger to fit the part. By the Rumble, he'll be 2.5 CM Punk's in terms of size.

Old
11-15-2012, 06:05 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Based

Didn't watch Raw but watched the Punk/Foley segment.....the heart attack thing is stupid, they turned it into a joke...if you're going to make it an angle stop going for cheap heat, jesus Punk is horrible now..

Old
11-15-2012, 07:20 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 756
Nothing happened without Lawler being OK with it. Same thing as when his mother died.

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2015

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17
Old
11-15-2012, 07:50 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Nothing happened without Lawler being OK with it. Same thing as when his mother died.
I understand that much, and I'm all for giving the program more of an edge, but mocking a man that was legitimately dead and then revived is the wrong way to do it.

Not that I think they need to speak like sailors, but it's very telling that when some says ASS, as in "I'm going to kick his ass" , in a promo it's the biggest shock and awe moment ever. We've really regressed that far.

Old
11-15-2012, 08:17 AM
RJ8812*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Didn't watch Raw but watched the Punk/Foley segment.....the heart attack thing is stupid, they turned it into a joke...if you're going to make it an angle stop going for cheap heat, jesus Punk is horrible now..
cheap heat is really the only way you can get people to dislike and boo Punk. And then again, that only works on the kiddies

Old
11-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
cheap heat is really the only way you can get people to dislike and boo Punk. And then again, that only works on the kiddies
He needs to work on the strengths of the crowd in each city. Take Montreal, for instance; Bret Hart was the centre of attack when Punk came out. The crowd ate it all up and despite TONS of Punk shirts in the crowd (myself included), he was getting legit heat. To the point that even CENA was getting cheered by the majority of the crowd.

I admit, I dislike the "your city's sports team sucks" kind of heat but if that's what needs to be done, then there's really nothing you can do. I much prefer when he starts verbally attacking the crowd. I wish he would lean more towards his independant days, when he would single out people in the crowd and personally insult them right to their face. However, it would be impossible while also being in connection with the Be A Star foundation. No way it would ever happen.

Old
11-15-2012, 09:07 AM
RJ8812*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonskorpion View Post
he needs to work on the strengths of the crowd in each city. Take montreal, for instance; bret hart was the centre of attack when punk came out. The crowd ate it all up and despite tons of punk shirts in the crowd (myself included), he was getting legit heat. To the point that even cena was getting cheered by the majority of the crowd.

I admit, i dislike the "your city's sports team sucks" kind of heat but if that's what needs to be done, then there's really nothing you can do. I much prefer when he starts verbally attacking the crowd. I wish he would lean more towards his independant days, when he would single out people in the crowd and personally insult them right to their face. However, it would be impossible while also being in connection with the be a star foundation. No way it would ever happen.
"you have a vagina!"

Old
11-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
"you have a vagina!"
House show moment caught on camera. You'll never see that on Raw. Ever.

Old
11-15-2012, 11:28 AM
RJ8812*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
House show moment caught on camera. You'll never see that on Raw. Ever.
I know that. it's still hilarious.

I'd rather go to a house show than a RAW taping considering some of the stuff I've seen from house shows comapred to the boring **** we see on TV

Old
11-15-2012, 11:32 AM
M.C.G. 31
SHUT UP, TOM!!!

-- There are two paths to an anticipated C.M. Punk vs. The Rock PPV headline match. This is subject to change, similar to the main event finish at Hell in a Cell last month.

Path A - Punk retains WWE Title until the Rumble, Rock wins WWE Title from Punk at the Rumble, Rock vs. Cena II or Rock vs. Punk II at WrestleMania.

Path B - Cena captures WWE Title before the Rumble, Rock wins WWE Title from Cena at the Rumble (or Punk costs Rock the title match at the Rumble), Rock vs. Punk for the WWE Title (or non-title) at WrestleMania.

----------
Punk/Rock
Lesnar/HHH
Cena/Ziggler

As top three mania matches, plz

Old
11-15-2012, 01:43 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
He needs to work on the strengths of the crowd in each city. Take Montreal, for instance; Bret Hart was the centre of attack when Punk came out. The crowd ate it all up and despite TONS of Punk shirts in the crowd (myself included), he was getting legit heat. To the point that even CENA was getting cheered by the majority of the crowd.

I admit, I dislike the "your city's sports team sucks" kind of heat but if that's what needs to be done, then there's really nothing you can do. I much prefer when he starts verbally attacking the crowd. I wish he would lean more towards his independant days, when he would single out people in the crowd and personally insult them right to their face. However, it would be impossible while also being in connection with the Be A Star foundation. No way it would ever happen.
Invisible microphone is one of my favorites.

Old
11-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
I know that. it's still hilarious.

I'd rather go to a house show than a RAW taping considering some of the stuff I've seen from house shows comapred to the boring **** we see on TV
In the last three years, I've been to a PPV (Breaking Point), a house show and a Raw. By far, the Raw was the best of the three - which isn't too hard to choose as Bret Hart came out. House show lacked a lot, pretty much because Punk was injured at the time and I had to deal with people near me not knowing who Daniel Bryan was.

Old
11-15-2012, 02:31 PM
M.C.G. 31
SHUT UP, TOM!!!

Quote:
In the last three years, I've been to a PPV (Breaking Point), a house show and a Raw. By far, the Raw was the best of the three - which isn't too hard to choose as Bret Hart came out. House show lacked a lot, pretty much because Punk was injured at the time and I had to deal with people near me not knowing who Daniel Bryan was.
The Raw was ****ing awesome. I can still hear the arena from when Bret Hart first came out.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:09 PM
M.C.G. 31
SHUT UP, TOM!!!

Segment starts at 3:00. Awesome segment between Dolph Ziggler and The Miz. The Miz is going to shine as a top babyface and Dolph Ziggler is FINALLY getting mic time on his own and it showed what he can do. Just an awesome segment to set up Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz.

Old
11-15-2012, 03:51 PM
M.C.G. 31
SHUT UP, TOM!!!

HERE'SSSS THE BREAKDOWN...

Orton/Kingston vs. Ziggler/ADR lost 74,000 viewers.
-Vickie/AJ/Cena/Ziggler segment as well as Big Show vs. Regal gained 468,000 viewers, which is a STRONG showing at that point in the show.
-Kaitlyn vs. Layla and Lawler's return package lost 234,000 viewers.

Jerry Lawler's return, including Punk, Heyman and Foley gained 745,000 viewers to a 3.38 quarter. However, the END of the angle lost 876,000 viewers.
-8 Man Tag Team Match gained 233,000 viewers in the last few minutes.
-R-Truth vs. Tensai lost 253,000 viewers.

Ryback vs. Brad Maddox gained 755,000 viewers to a 3.28 quarter at 10 PM. This is the best 10 PM growth in months and it showed Ryback can move numbers.
-Sheamus vs. David Otunga lost 910,000 viewers, which is one of the largest losses of the year.
-Kane/Miz vs. Rhodes Scholars lost 40,000 viewers.

Interestingly...

The lowest point of the entire show was the Punk vs. Cena match, which you'd think would be huge. The first half of the Cena/Punk match lost 313,000 viewers and did a 2.42 quarter hour. It picked up in the overrun, which never loses viewers and gained 528,000 viewers to a 2.99 overrun.

I think it's become obvious that Sheamus doesn't draw, but Big Show does, which would explain recent growth in Sheamus segments.

Kinda obvious people didn't like the angle with the fake heart attack?

Ryback with a huge number. God, please don't let that spark Vince to put the title on him.

Punk/Cena has been beat to death, so obviously it won't do a big number before the overrun, but I'm shocked that it got that low.

Old
11-15-2012, 05:55 PM
The Shockmaster
SHOCK THE WORLD

vCash: 1251
Unsurprising that people would flip the channel at the heart attack segment. I tuned out after the 8-man tag team match.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:39 PM
M.C.G. 31
SHUT UP, TOM!!!

Talking about biggest stars with my friend in history. Debatable on who's number one between Hogan and Austin and then he sent me this text...

"Wrestling world is hogan for sure, next is gonna be cena no doubt"

Old
11-16-2012, 09:23 PM
txomisc

Quote:
-- There are two paths to an anticipated C.M. Punk vs. The Rock PPV headline match. This is subject to change, similar to the main event finish at Hell in a Cell last month.

Path A - Punk retains WWE Title until the Rumble, Rock wins WWE Title from Punk at the Rumble, Rock vs. Cena II or Rock vs. Punk II at WrestleMania.

Path B - Cena captures WWE Title before the Rumble, Rock wins WWE Title from Cena at the Rumble (or Punk costs Rock the title match at the Rumble), Rock vs. Punk for the WWE Title (or non-title) at WrestleMania.

----------
Punk/Rock
Lesnar/HHH
Cena/Ziggler

why in the world do you want to see Lesnar/HHH again?

Old
11-16-2012, 09:26 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Quote:
Ryback vs. Brad Maddox gained 755,000 viewers to a 3.28 quarter at 10 PM. This is the best 10 PM growth in months and it showed Ryback can move numbers.
No it shows Brad Maddox can move numbers.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:31 PM
M.C.G. 31
SHUT UP, TOM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
why in the world do you want to see Lesnar/HHH again?
I don't want to see it, but its happening, that's why I included it.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:39 PM
The Shockmaster
SHOCK THE WORLD

vCash: 1251
That was fantastic promo between Miz and Ziggler.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:46 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:

----------
Punk/Rock
Lesnar/HHH
Cena/Ziggler

And assuming Taker wrestles?

Closed Thread