HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Who's the best? 1990s powerhouses 2/1/1

View Poll Results: Which 2-1-1 unit would you take?
Detroit: Yzerman/Fedorov/Lidstrom/Osgood 50 26.04%
New Jersey: Elias/Holik/Stevens/Brodeur 9 4.69%
Colorado: Sakic/Forsberg/Blake/Roy 123 64.06%
Dallas: Modano/Hull/Zubov/Belfour 10 5.21%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-12-2012, 04:16 PM
  #1
pdd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,578
vCash: 500
Who's the best? 1990s powerhouses 2/1/1

Which group is the best?

Detroit: Yzerman/Fedorov/Lidstrom/Osgood

New Jersey: Elias/Holik/Stevens/Brodeur

Colorado: Sakic/Forsberg/Blake/Roy

Dallas: Modano/Hull/Zubov/Belfour

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:22 PM
  #2
Stansfield*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 992
vCash: 500
Blake wasn't as Av' in the 90's.

Good thread premise, but it needs some tinkering.

Stansfield* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:24 PM
  #3
Melnyks Mirage
We are what we are.
 
Melnyks Mirage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cumberland
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,864
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stansfield View Post
Blake wasn't as Av' in the 90's.

Good thread premise, but it needs some tinkering.
n/m saw the 90s tag, would still pick Colorado even with Blake replaced.

Melnyks Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:25 PM
  #4
FoppaForsberg*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Change Blake to Foote/Ozolinsh.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:26 PM
  #5
ottawa*
go habs go
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFanDan View Post
n/m saw the 90s tag, would still pick Colorado even with Blake replaced.
Well if we replace Blake with Bourque then expect the avs to get every vote from here on out. Easy win for Colorado

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:31 PM
  #6
Stansfield*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Well if we replace Blake with Bourque then expect the avs to get every vote from here on out. Easy win for Colorado
Bourque didn't play any games for the Av's in the 90's either!

Stansfield* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:33 PM
  #7
Gustav Nyquist
#FireHolland
 
Gustav Nyquist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: Poland
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stansfield View Post
Bourque didn't play any games for the Av's in the 90's either!
Pretty sure that was his point.

Gustav Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:35 PM
  #8
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,442
vCash: 50
Heavily biased towards the late 90's here. Should at least make the Penguins an option, they did win back-to-back Cups in the 90's.

AfroThunder396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:39 PM
  #9
Stansfield*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnkrok View Post
Pretty sure that was his point.
I left my sarcasm detector at home today.

Stansfield* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:45 PM
  #10
ottawa*
go habs go
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Heavily biased towards the late 90's here. Should at least make the Penguins an option, they did win back-to-back Cups in the 90's.
This

Penguins:
Lemieux-Jagr-Murphy-Barrasso

I didn't include Coffey since he only had a year or two with the pens in the 90s. Also didn't include Ron Francis but he could have easily be up there...but yah the pens goalie kind of hurts them but otherwise they're up there.

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 05:03 PM
  #11
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth
 
HockeyThoughts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
This

Penguins:
Lemieux-Jagr-Murphy-Barrasso

I didn't include Coffey since he only had a year or two with the pens in the 90s. Also didn't include Ron Francis but he could have easily be up there...but yah the pens goalie kind of hurts them but otherwise they're up there.
How does Barrasso hurt them? If the HHOF commitee could disregard his off ice antics, he would very likely be a Hall of Famer by this point. As a starter he won:
-2x Stanley Cup
-1x Olympic Silver Medal
-1x Vezina
-1x Jennings Trophy
-1x Calder
-1x 1st Team All-Star
-2x 2nd Team All-Star

Among those included in the poll, I would put Barrasso above Osgood at the very least. Which coincidentally is the same reason I voted the Avs trio over the Red Wings trio. The vast difference between Roy and Osgood as well as the smaller but still significant difference between Forsberg and Fedorov is too much to ignore, even with Lidstrom being better than Blake.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 05:06 PM
  #12
itsjustsurvival
The Revisionist
 
itsjustsurvival's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: richmond, virginia.
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 500
Brain says Avs, but heart says Stars. Someone had to give them a vote haha.

itsjustsurvival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 05:09 PM
  #13
ottawa*
go habs go
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
How does Barrasso hurt them? If the HHOF commitee could disregard his off ice antics, he would very likely be a Hall of Famer by this point. As a starter he won:
-2x Stanley Cup
-1x Olympic Silver Medal
-1x Vezina
-1x Jennings Trophy
-1x Calder
-1x 1st Team All-Star
-2x 2nd Team All-Star

Among those included in the poll, I would put Barrasso above Osgood at the very least. Which coincidentally is the same reason I voted the Avs trio over the Red Wings trio. The vast difference between Roy and Osgood as well as the smaller but still significant difference between Forsberg and Fedorov is too much to ignore, even with Lidstrom being better than Blake.
Lol I could see how that could be misinterpreted but what I meant to say was in terms of goaltending the Pens definitely aren't anywhere near the top

1a. Roy
2b. Brodeur
3. Osgood
4. Barrasso
5. Belfour

Overall the Pens still have a great lineup with Barrasso in nets and Lemieux, Jagr and Murphy...I was just saying that when individually analyzing goaltenders, Barrasso doesn't look too good up there.

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 05:29 PM
  #14
Crabovski*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Blake being on the Avs side make it them even though he was there for only ~100 games, if you take him out and put in Foote to make it legit, I think its becomes a tie between them and the Wings, but I still take the Avs (loved em back in the day)

Crabovski* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 05:52 PM
  #15
ESH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Lol I could see how that could be misinterpreted but what I meant to say was in terms of goaltending the Pens definitely aren't anywhere near the top

1a. Roy
2b. Brodeur
3. Osgood
4. Barrasso
5. Belfour

Overall the Pens still have a great lineup with Barrasso in nets and Lemieux, Jagr and Murphy...I was just saying that when individually analyzing goaltenders, Barrasso doesn't look too good up there.
I'd say that both Belfour and Barrasso were better than Osgood.

1. Roy
2. Brodeur
3. Belfour
4. Barrasso
5. Osgood

ESH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:01 PM
  #16
gifted88
Dante the poet
 
gifted88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Guelph, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,307
vCash: 500
avs 2-1-1 out of those options.

odd choices though I agree, I'd have voted Pens if they were an option.

gifted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:09 PM
  #17
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,043
vCash: 1322
Colorado
Detroit
New Jersey
Dallas

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:13 PM
  #18
ottawa*
go habs go
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESH View Post
I'd say that both Belfour and Barrasso were better than Osgood.

1. Roy
2. Brodeur
3. Belfour
4. Barrasso
5. Osgood
Osgood in the 90s was incredible and that's when two of his cup wins game too

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:39 PM
  #19
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club
 
I Hate Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,086
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Osgood in the 90s was incredible and that's when two of his cup wins game too
One of those Cup wins had Mike Vernon in net after Osgood was replaced for blowing the series against San Jose.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:09 PM
  #20
AJMHABS
On to Round 2!! :D
 
AJMHABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,610
vCash: 500
Colorado gets my vote.

AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:34 PM
  #21
SMantzas
Registered User
 
SMantzas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,891
vCash: 500
Devils should be

Elias-Niedermayer-Stevens-Brodeur

SMantzas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:40 PM
  #22
ottawa*
go habs go
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Devils should be

Elias-Niedermayer-Stevens-Brodeur
It's 2/1/1 not 1/2/1

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 10:28 PM
  #23
SMantzas
Registered User
 
SMantzas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
It's 2/1/1 not 1/2/1
Wow, good call. Thanks for pointing that out

SMantzas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 10:35 PM
  #24
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,786
vCash: 500
Tough call for me b/w Avs and Wings

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:29 PM
  #25
Komarov77
Registered User
 
Komarov77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,099
vCash: 500
Went with Wings

Komarov77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.